Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2021 5:11:26 PM EDT
What is the next thing the ATF is going to arbitrarily change and make new "law"?

I say they will decide that overall length is measured with any folding, telescoping, or adjustable stocks in their folded or fully collapsed position. IOW, your 16" barrel rifle is now AOW as it is less than 26" long.

Another option is that any part that contains any part of the definition of a firearm receiver is a receiver. So the upper and lower and bolt carrier of an AR are all receivers. And cassette triggers too.

For real fun, combine the two and say that the upper is AOW, the lower is AOW, the trigger cassette is AOW, and carrier is AOW.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:17:23 PM EDT
[#1]
"Braces are actually stocks" will be their next decree.

As to the folding stock with regards to OAL, they already pulled that stunt with braced "firearms".
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I personally think it's a safe bet that the end result will likely be the determination that braces are stocks, so anything with a brace (or stock, of course) and a less than 16" barrel will be considered an SBR.
I'd give some consideration to them eliminating the brace / stock idea entirely and just saying anything less than 16" barrel = SBR thereby basically eliminating the pistol category for any firearm not considered a traditional pistol.
I'd expect to see the pulled letter reintroduced virtually identical to what was promulgated in December.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#3]
FATF
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't fuck with my killing things at 1000yds because of your silly toys and NFA workarounds.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't fuck with my killing things at 1000yds because of your silly toys and NFA workarounds.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

WOT?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/bubbles_zps5bf5952f_GIF-110.gif

WOT?

Just quoting some faggot.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
And this is why we lose to the libs... discord within the ranks of gun people.  Shame, shame carguym14, SHAME!
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And this is why we lose to the libs... discord within the ranks of gun people.  Shame, shame carguym14, SHAME!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

awww.. I lol'd
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/shame-295.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch,that really "burns".
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I no longer give a shit.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#11]
10+ will be designated mass magazines
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:00:39 PM EDT
[#12]
ALL centerfire cartridge "firearms" are now NFA, due to "cartridge capacity" B/S... Single shot or not.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

You realize he's referring to a member (former?) here who subtly threatened to kill fellow gun owners for their ire at the bumpstock ban.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I just don't give a fuck anymore
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Declare all subsonic ammo contraband as “stealth assassin ammo”.  Declare all supersonic ammo contraband as “long range sniper ammo”.  Declare all shot shells contraband as “clamor mine rounds“.  Consult “Goldilocks” Giffords to determine no ammo is “just right”. Turn ‘em in, Mr. & Mrs. America.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Anytime they want.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Suppressor parts.   They're going to go full retard on machine shops selling tubes, endcaps, and unfinished cones.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I no longer give a fk what the FATF and F.gov thinks about what I should own, or shouldn't.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:48:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I no longer give a shit.
View Quote

Oh look! I found the shit you don’t give and I don’t give it either.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#20]
The end game is to turn the entire country into California (in terms of gun laws)

It doesn't take a mind reader. Just look to the states where gun restrictions are rubber stamped and there you have it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I just can't care anymore. Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#22]
we should make them a list...and write them letters to ask
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#23]
My bet is serializing uppers.

And after that serializing barrels.

If I win both I get the jackpot, or the jackboot..
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:46:24 PM EDT
[#24]

“Don't fuck with my killing things at 1000yds because of your silly toys and NFA workarounds.”

Fudd says what?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:39:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

“Don't fuck with my killing things at 1000yds because of your silly toys and NFA workarounds.”

Fudd says what?
View Quote

Lol, shhsss
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:52:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

They kind of are

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:54:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Your finger now needs to be registered since you can pull the trigger as fast as you want. Therefore, your finger is a machinegun
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:00:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They kind of are

https://i.imgur.com/QQReaF7.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They kind of are

https://i.imgur.com/QQReaF7.jpg

Moot point since both are protected by 2a.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:15:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You realize he's referring to a member (former?) here who subtly threatened to kill fellow gun owners for their ire at the bumpstock ban.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I missed that thread.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Your finger now needs to be registered since you can pull the trigger as fast as you want. Therefore, your finger is a machinegun
View Quote

I heard they are making Jerry Miculek wear oven mitts for the rest of his life.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was not, if in fact that's true.  If so, my bad.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You were right on the part about us losing.

Yeah,there was a huge thread during the Bumpstock fiasco, where a certain member (his account is still locked) that we'll just call J. Burns, made some veiled threats about how he kills things at 1000yds...
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

As to the folding stock with regards to OAL, they already pulled that stunt with braced "firearms".
View Quote

I meant next as is what they'll do after the brace decree. That's leave a lot of guns still being legal and we can't have that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My bet is serializing uppers.

And after that serializing barrels.

If I win both I get the jackpot, or the jackboot..
View Quote

You win a free dead dog!
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking boomers.......
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
The enemy within.

ETA- What's his new username?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#37]
My guess is the SB3 will be deemed to be a stock. Other stabilizing braces like the shockwave blade will be left alone at least for now. There is a letter stating that the shockwave blade is not a stock. But just like a woman they're known to change their mind.

With regards specifically to AR-15 pistols, I would not be surprised if they put weight restrictions on them, limiting rail  length, amount and type of accessories, overall length restrictions.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#39]
is that basically doing away with 'ghost guns'?

top two items, declare braced 'pistols' as short barreled rifles/shotguns because thats what they are. i dont like the classification anymore than anyone else but its there.

and

ghost guns. im surprised they let that one get out of the gate to begin with.

i suspect less than half the folks in this country own firearms. so gun owners are outnumbered from the git-go. every time whacko goes on a mass murder spree with a firearm, it puts another nail in the coffin. address that issue and your sons and daughters might actually be able to own firearms when they grow up. but it looks bleaker every year.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What is the next thing the ATF is going to arbitrarily change and make new "law"?

I say they will decide that overall length is measured with any folding, telescoping, or adjustable stocks in their folded or fully collapsed position. IOW, your 16" barrel rifle is now AOW as it is less than 26" long.

Another option is that any part that contains any part of the definition of a firearm receiver is a receiver. So the upper and lower and bolt carrier of an AR are all receivers. And cassette triggers too.

For real fun, combine the two and say that the upper is AOW, the lower is AOW, the trigger cassette is AOW, and carrier is AOW.
View Quote

But how do they create Laws???
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Brainstorming thread for the ATF?

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

same way the DEA bans drugs. congress gave them the power as an agency to make 'rules', policy. like the EPA also.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I no longer give a shit.
View Quote

Friend of mine
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#44]
i dont know. but if you are curious maybe write them a letter and just ask if they are banning any of those things you listed?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top