Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2018 4:27:45 PM EDT
SO I see in a couple of other threads Mcclelland and Dunhill are gone.

I'm not finding much Sam Gawith stuff either.

Anyone still in the loop for Esoterica? are they done as well?  Used to be on a couple of contact lists for stonehaven, but haven't kept up or gotten any calls in a while.

Cripes, the only favorites I seem to be able to get are Erinmore, and some GL Pease.

Now I am feeling a little guilty that I haven't kept adding to my cellar like I told myself to.

Feel free to join in the pity party
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 1:08:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, you’re not wrong. The McLeland tobacco was pretty much gone from the Internet within three days of their announcement. Esoterica is continuously out of stock also.  I lucked out a while back on some of my favorite esoterica so I’m good there  but, dammit, I’m going to really miss the McLeland stuff. Dunhill has been on a slow slide to mediocrity for a long time though. I have some old stock I’ve been sitting on  so I’ve got that going for me. I will really miss the Christmas cheer from Mcclelland though.  Been a tradition for a few years now to pop a tin of that around Christmas. What did the Dean from animal house say? No more fun of any kind!
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#2]
It's kinda depressing, but I'm hoping someone will hop in the void left.

As a beginner pipe smoker, I had ordered a bunch of stuff and found a blend I really enjoyed. For whatever reason, I really enjoy Dunhill's Elizabethan mix. I bought a few tins but, but not in any sort of meaningful quantity.

Now, its gone.

Anything similar out there I should try?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I find tins of Dunhill but I am in Kuwait. McClelland dried up fast. You can find it on consignment sites but holy fook $$$ and that is if you can buy it before it is gone.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I was out of the loop for the past year and didn't know about it either. I would have stocked up on more Frog Morton and Blackwoods Flake. I wasn't really a Dunhill fan so I'll probably trade the tin of Nightcap I have.

Quoted:
As a beginner pipe smoker, I had ordered a bunch of stuff and found a blend I really enjoyed. For whatever reason, I really enjoy Dunhill's Elizabethan mix. I bought a few tins but, but not in any sort of meaningful quantity.
Now, its gone.
Anything similar out there I should try?
Check out videos from Bradley at STUFFandTHINGS on YouTube. He was big fan of Elizabethan so I'm sure he'll be doing reviews of possible replacements. He's also a lurker here on Arfcom. Hi Bradley.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I also enjoy Stuff and Things and put a lot of faith in his reviews.
I have about 1 dozen tins of Elizabethan Mixture stashed.

I've been enjoying more Perique-heavy blends like Chenet's Cake.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I hear ya OP.  I just got back into pipes after a couple decades and found I really like Frog Morton.  I managed to snag 5 tins before it disappeared.  I dont smoke a lot so that should last me a good while.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
That one's on my list.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 4:43:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Look up Pipe Stud bring your gold card and do not hesitate or you will miss out.

I have seen some high priced baccy go FAST, so if you want something you better move on it or you will be SOL.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Look up Pipe Stud bring your gold card and do not hesitate or you will miss out.

I have seen some high priced baccy go FAST, so if you want something you better move on it or you will be SOL.
View Quote
Damn! I don't know whether to thank or curse you. Some of those prices aren't half bad either.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 1:28:14 AM EDT
[#10]

I know...Subscribe to the email list. It comes out every Sunday or early Sunday AM perfect for the blackout impulse buy
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 7:04:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Damn! I don't know whether to thank or curse you. Some of those prices aren't half bad either.
View Quote
They have a 8 oz bag of Penzance listed that sold for $175, last week there was one on eBay for awhile with a Buy It Now of $150. I couldn't believe it didn't sell immediately.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I was smoking some old Frog Morton’s Cellar yesterday and just found out it’s not being made any more either.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:55:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I can't find my favorite Balkan blends anywhere. No Haggarth & Gawith Balkan so I got 4 tins of Balkan Sasieni. No bulk either. WHAT HAPPENED? HELP
PIPE STUD not opened until Nov. 17[img]/images/smilies/icon_smile_shock.gif[/img
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#14]
There still stuff to be found on EBay if you’re willing to pay scalper’s prices
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There still stuff to be found on EBay if you’re willing to pay scalper’s prices
View Quote
I was tempted to buy a lot of ten 100g tins of FMC last week.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been wanting to try some Samuel Gawith 1792 for a long time, but it's been out of stock forever everywhere.  I can't find anything saying it's discontinued but no one has carried it for at least a year so I'm guessing it's gone.  I found a 50g tin on ebay for $20.  I'm almost hoping I don't like it since I probably won't be able to get more
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#17]
1792  is not for the weak of heart. Keep it  humidified and sealed up and that tin will be a nice treat from time to time. Even when I was smoking my pipe more regularly, 1792 was never something I would smoke every day. $20 for a tin would be a great price. If you can jump on it I would.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:59:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I also enjoy Stuff and Things and put a lot of faith in his reviews.
I have about 1 dozen tins of Elizabethan Mixture stashed.

View Quote
I just ordered 2 tins of this stuff. One to try now and the other to stash for the recommended 10-15 years aging process.What do you guys think of the CAO Cherry Bomb? I've been looking for a good cherry blend.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
1792  is not for the weak of heart. Keep it  humidified and sealed up and that tin will be a nice treat from time to time. Even when I was smoking my pipe more regularly, 1792 was never something I would smoke every day. $20 for a tin would be a great price. If you can jump on it I would.
View Quote
So I've heard.  I don't smoke a lot anyway, so I figured it'll be something for special occasions if I like it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:48:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I should have mentioned that it’s a great smoke after a good meal. If you’re a fast puffer you’ll regret it but if you take your time and savor it, it really delivers.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:38:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Speaking of tobacco that will wreck you; Peterson’s Irish Flake give me mild upset stomach and makes me dizzy every time.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What do you guys think of the CAO Cherry Bomb? I've been looking for a good cherry blend.
View Quote
I just bought some for a friend that smokes aromatics and he says it's real good, it has good reviews online too. You can't go wrong with Boswell's Cherry Smash either.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:22:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Speaking of tobacco that will wreck you; Peterson’s Irish Flake gives me mild upset stomach and makes me dizzy every time.
View Quote
Yep, that's a strong one. HH Bold Kentucky hit me hard the first time I tried it. I figured it would be as strong as Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky but it's definitely stronger. I was puffing away pretty quickly and had to put it down.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I just bought some for a friend that smokes aromatics and he says it's real good, it has good reviews online too. You can't go wrong with Boswell's Cherry Smash either.
View Quote
Iguess I'll give that atry too, thanks.
I don't know why, but lately I've been craving some good aromatics lately. But haven't gotten any yet because I've been too busy to do any research on them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Smoke some Durbar today. Pretty decent stuff.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I guess I'll give that atry too, thanks.
I don't know why, but lately I've been craving some good aromatics lately. But haven't gotten any yet because I've been too busy to do any research on them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I'll give that atry too, thanks.
Cult Blood Red Moon is buy 2 tins and get 1 free on Pipes and Cigars this month, promo code DEC18 at checkout.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top