User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2021 12:24:59 AM EDT
Ford Taurus.  What do ya got?

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:28:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:33:40 AM EDT
[#2]

How many of the cars featured on that show actually went up in value? Other than when they got a car that was such junk they just bought another to pimp. The irony is if they actually did decent work those would likely be worth something today as that generation is now coming into money. Instead they're about as appealing as a Pontiac Aztec.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:37:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:40:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How many of the cars featured on that show actually went up in value? Other than when they got a car that was such junk they just bought another to pimp. The irony is if they actually did decent work those would likely be worth something today as that generation is now coming into money. Instead they're about as appealing as a Pontiac Aztec.
View Quote

One of the YouTube car guys found a Pimp My Ride minivan.  It was in awful shape.  It would seem the workmanship left a bit to be desired.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:44:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

One of the YouTube car guys found a Pimp My Ride minivan.  It was in awful shape.  It would seem the workmanship left a bit to be desired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX79IILLDlE
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe, maybe not.
A lot of it could depend on how well the owner too care of the car.
It's amazing how poorly people can treat expensive things.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:45:52 AM EDT
[#6]
They did terrible work on that show like most reality shows.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:52:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I've seen the van video.
They did crappy work.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:54:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:56:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I do remember an episode where the car had some engine issues,  and they just poured in some Pennzoil product and said it would fix things.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:59:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Maybe, maybe not.
A lot of it could depend on how well the owner too care of the car.
It's amazing how poorly people can treat expensive things.
View Quote

They did shit work.

Right after the pimp my ride VW Thing happened, someone got ahold of it and documented the butchery and posted it on The Samba

All about looks for the reveal, nothing else.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:29:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I watched those and the guy gave it to another YouTuber in Kansas, that owned a Ferrari.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:55:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

sortofwant.jpg
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:04:11 AM EDT
[#13]

I don't............ Hate it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:51:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

that little series was worth the watch. pretty cool
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:32:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Yo Dawg, I heard you like Monitors. So we put monitors inside your monitors
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Lose the screaming chicken and that's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#17]
They did shove a 6.6 Duramax into an Impala, that was pretty cool

http://www.trucktrend.com/cool-trucks/0707dp-1965-chevy-impala-ss-duramax
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Funny how they put all those screens in the car and then yank them out after the show is done.

Most cars took 6 months to complete, owners weren't given a rental while they were out their ride.

The "house" some owners lived in wasn't theirs.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I doubt any of the cars from that show are in good shape today.  The cars from the episodes I watched were poorly maintained to start with.  I imagine the owners didn't change (especially once the newness wore off).  And with all the stuff the show put into the cars the maintenance likely increased considerably.  Even more so if not installed correctly.

One thing that often bothered me was the cars seemed not very mechanically sound at the start of the show and I almost never saw them do anything to the drive train.  Bet a lot of them turned into yard ornaments with 20 tv's and 15 speakers that don't work.
View Quote

If you were on that show and didn't immediately sell that car on ebay after the episode aired and bought a reliable car you were a fool.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Funny how they put all those screens in the car and then yank them out after the show is done.

Most cars took 6 months to complete, owners weren't given a rental while they were out their ride.

View Quote

Yea, I'll watch YouTube videos on various "fake" shows, pimp my ride was top.

Wheeler dealer was one of the more honest ones and chasing classic cars ( can't stand host and never talks pricing outside of auctions)

Most car shows may not be fake but they do stage drama for TV,, Phantom Works is known for over dramatic acting.

Counting cars is all staged,  all the 'random" cars they see in garages and driveways are pre-positioned, etc
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#23]

That is actually cool. Needs a CTS awd LS swap.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Amazed that there is anyone that thinks that quality work will come from any show with "pimp" in its title.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:49:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:00:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

that little series was worth the watch. pretty cool
View Quote

I was surprised everything still worked in it. They drove it from Florida to Kansas after it was done and then once on the road the fuel pump about went belly up, so they replaced it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:09:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:12:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah cause fuck yo turning radius!

Fuck well cut wheel openings too!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:17:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I remember one vehicle they put monitors in the headlights.  I think they did the same thing to an ATV too.  
View Quote

My favorite was a girl who liked smoothies so they put a blender smack dab in the middle of her trunk "so you can make smoothies in the parking lot before school."
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I always took that show as it was supposed to be a joke.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:56:09 AM EDT
[#31]

It's Sweet Tooth's truck from Twisted Metal!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top