Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2021 1:45:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Same thing happened to me in France YEARS ago before all the automation. I was very careful about framing my pictures but they cut the tops off of buildings and statues like it was a game to them. I was going to get them reprinted back in the states but never did.

Last time I shot film I had them put on a disc and had them printed from there but they could still screw that up too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 7:17:59 AM EDT
[#2]
There is no excuse for bad prints in this day and age.
Since it is their mistake, they need to make it right with you.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The Darkroom in CA does a great job.
From their web site:
The Darkroom can now print your digital files on genuine ILFORD Black and White Silver Gelatin Photographic Paper. We believe this is as close as you can get to a traditional B&W darkroom print from a digital file and has significant benefits when compared to B&W images produced from color processes.

I don't get prints, but my friend did and he said they are great.  I have not seen them, he lives in PA and I'm in TX.  But he loves the B&W prints.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Wet labs are a thing of the past.... I sure miss them.  I worked in full service wet labs in the 80s and early 90s.  I now develop my color and B&W film at home, scan the negs and print the ones I want.  I have been using Walgreens lately and the pics are damn near spot on as far as density and color correction.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Darkroom in CA does a great job.
From their web site:
The Darkroom can now print your digital files on genuine ILFORD Black and White Silver Gelatin Photographic Paper. We believe this is as close as you can get to a traditional B&W darkroom print from a digital file and has significant benefits when compared to B&W images produced from color processes.

I don't get prints, but my friend did and he said they are great.  I have not seen them, he lives in PA and I'm in TX.  But he loves the B&W prints.
View Quote

You have my attention with this.  For my color paper prints I use Generations Alise Fine Art Paper which is amazing, but I haven't managed to get a B&W I'm happy with.  Ilford film and paper was what I ran back in the early 2000's and loved it.  Even if it's a mail out service, I'm interested.

I'll probably take some test shots and then send out for it sometime soon.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top