Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 10/16/2021 10:02:48 PM EDT

A woman was raped by a stranger on a commuter train in suburban Philadelphia in the presence of other riders who a police official said “should have done something."

Superintendent Timothy Bernhardt of the Upper Darby Police Department said officers were called to the 69th Street terminal around 10 p.m. Wednesday after the assault on the westbound train on the Market-Frankford Line.

An employee of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority who was in the vicinity as the train went past called police to report that “something wasn't right" with a woman aboard the train, Bernhardt said.

SEPTA police waiting at the next stop found the woman and arrested a man. The woman was taken to a hospital.

The entire episode was captured on surveillance video that showed other people on the train at the time, Bernhardt said.

“There was a lot of people, in my opinion, that should have intervened; somebody should have done something," Bernhardt said. “It speaks to where we are in society; I mean, who would allow something like that to take place? So it’s troubling."

Fiston Ngoy, 35, has been charged with rape, aggravated indecent assault and related counts, according to Delaware County court records. Bernhardt said he is known to both SEPTA and Upper Darby police.

Court documents don't list a defense attorney, and a listed number for him couldn't be found Saturday.

SEPTA issued a statement calling it a “horrendous criminal act" and urging anyone witnessing such a thing to report it to authorities.

“There were other people on the train who witnessed this horrific act, and it may have been stopped sooner if a rider called 911," the authority said.

https://www.aol.com/news/woman-raped-train-bystanders-did-152752303-170735009.html
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I just don't blame people anymore especially in blue counties... I know that sounds bad.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Our society is infected with cowardice and corruption. We are a very, very sick people.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just don't blame people anymore especially in blue counties... I know that sounds bad.
View Quote

Unfortunately, that's just common sense.

Get involved, and you may get your ass in a sling even if you did the right thing.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Just another day of brotherly love.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Let's go Brandon!
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Philly and Chicago have very different ways of handling this.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Our society is infected with cowardice and corruption. We are a very, very sick people.
View Quote

Different story if the cops and govt would back you, but you have as good a chance at getting run through the wringer. Especially if you are white and the bad guys aren't.

Not saying it's right, just the way it is.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I think in Texas if somebody has "penetrated" another person forcefully, then deady force is authorized by another or even the person who is being assaulted. Good shoot.

Or at least that's the way it used to be but I think that law is still in force in Texas currently.

Edit: seems reasonable to me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Everyone in that car except for the victim needs to be shot in the face.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Cowards.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well we can say the police won't find this guy on a traffic stop in the near future.
View Quote

I was just reading that thread
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Bernard Goetz did nothing wrong and we need more of him.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#14]
First we institutionalized cowardice, now we have culturalized cowardice.  A natural progression I suppose.  

On the other hand wasn't there a similar story where bystanders stomped the guy after he took her shit off?  Or is this the real story of the same event?
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#15]
It gets worse

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Race hustling, prices skyrocketing, out of control crime, shortages... congrats democrats, you're recreating the 60's and 70's except we don't get good music out of the deal

1000 internets to whomever figures out the pic
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Different story if the cops and govt would back you, but you have as good a chance at getting run through the wringer. Especially if you are white and the bad guys aren't.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Get involved, and you may get your ass in a sling even if you did the right thing.
View Quote

Pretty much this.  My family is my priority, everything else has to be weighed against that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I am not getting involved in a domestic but you try raping someone in my presence I am going to try to shoot you in your head.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

My thoughts also.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Fucking white supremacists!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know how anyone could live with themselves after making that choice.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Do Good Samaritan laws
apply to stopping a crime?

In Commifornia doing the right thing
will get you in trouble with the law.

"The person and vehicle involved in the shooting of Rodriguez fled the scene southbound on Harbor Boulevard before police arrived.

Detectives are looking for information that would lead to the identification of the person and vehicle — a silver Honda Accord — involved in the shooting of Rodriguez."

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/05/30/robbery-suspect-shot-by-drive-thru-customer-while-holding-up-restaurant-identified/

As for me.
I would not be a by standard

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Race hustling, prices skyrocketing, out of control crime, shortages... congrats democrats, you're recreating the 60's and 70's except we don't get good music out of the deal

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/31782/kitty_genovese-2133070.jpg
View Quote

I know that story. She was raped and murdered on her doorstep in Brooklyn, screaming her head off and the neighbors yelled out the window to keep it down.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah someone on the train should have killed the guy so they could be dragged through the legal system, lose their job at a minimum and sit in jail while the Mob outside decides if it was a good thing or not.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

It says right in the image URL.  I'll add your thousand to my others.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I’ll bet this train had mainly people of a certain demographic and the victim wasn’t one of them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep sad but true.

I did not read the linked article.

If the guy was beating her or threating her with a knife or gun, maybe I cap his ass.  But the bad guy was black in a libtard city, I do not want to get involved unless I absolutely have too.

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Kitty Genovese
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#31]
"Fiston Ngoy"

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:23:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Kitty Genovese effect?
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's the direction of leadership (political and social elites) and special interests that have brought us here. Cultural marxism deconstructionism. the culture has been undermined by degeneracy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Cowards including in GD.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#35]
nobody wanted to be racist.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:31:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I know that story. She was raped and murdered on her doorstep in Brooklyn, screaming her head off and the neighbors yelled out the window to keep it down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That story isnt quite as true as repeated.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#37]
As a white male, i'm not helping either. Too much risk.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:32:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Surveillance footage caught Fiston Ngoy, 35, was caught assaulting the woman on a Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) train toward Upper Darby Wednesday night, local police said.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:32:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Kitty Genovese
View Quote

The Kitty Genovese story that everybody "knows" is horseshit.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Alternative facts

Heteronormative attacker assaults minority member of LGBTQIA+ community in the midst of xims alternative consent sexual encounter.

Police investigating as a hate crime.

Society is ass backwards and you'll get your pee pee curb stomped for intervening.

Libs, government,  and police have nobody but themselves to thank.

When you make revolting sexual deviants a protected class, you can't really stand up to them anymore can you?

#xetoo
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#41]
The rapist is a illegal from the Congo and he overstayed his visa. I know what a shocker that is.

There is also supposedly a video floating around on social media showing him raping the woman, that's the most that the bystanders did was film it and share it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:35:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Fucking white supremacists.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Yeah someone on the train should have killed the guy so they could be dragged through the legal system, lose their job at a minimum and sit in jail while the Mob outside decides if it was a good thing or not.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Cowards including in GD.
View Quote

Scenario 1- Two black "teens" start assaulting a woman. You say something, and one pulls a knife on you. You ventilate them both. Everyone calls you a hero, and they give you a key to the city.

Scenario 2- Two black "teens" start assaulting a woman. You say something, and one pulls a knife on you. You ventilate them both. You get arrested, have to get a lawyer and post bail. The city erupts in riots, and there are protests in front of your home. Your wife and kids are terrified. You pay out the ass for a lawyer, and are found not guilty at your trial. The city erupts in riots, so the feds decide to go after you for violating their civil rights...

Which scenario is more realistic these days?
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:39:32 PM EDT
[#46]
A. I don't recognize this society anymore

B. For some reason I'm oddly understanding considering these places have armed the criminals and disarmed all of the good guys
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The Kitty Genovese story that everybody "knows" is horseshit.
View Quote

Enlighten me please.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Everything's a hate crime. That man was just forcibly acquiring pussy reparations.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Until its your loved one getting railed, then its "someone should have done something" Im should sue!
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Scenario 1- Two black "teens" start assaulting a woman. You say something, and one pulls a knife on you. You ventilate them both. Everyone calls you a hero, and they give you a key to the city.

Scenario 2- Two black "teens" start assaulting a woman. You say something, and one pulls a knife on you. You ventilate them both. You get arrested, have to get a lawyer and post bail. The city erupts in riots, and there are protests in front of your home. Your wife and kids are terrified. You pay out the ass for a lawyer, and are found not guilty at your trial. The city erupts in riots, so the feds decide to go after you for violating their civil rights...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cowards including in GD.

When knife fights are just part and parcel of growing up?

In NYC they arrested and charged a man who had the gall to disarm the man attacking him and his wife on a subway with a knife. To really stick it to him without lube they charged him with illegal possession of the knife for daring to resist one of their super citizens.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top