Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/27/2023 12:18:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:28:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Your map is wrong but I do appreciate your enthusiasm.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:35:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn't realize those states in the NE had Constitutional Carry. Cool.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:40:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

VT was the first in the country.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:40:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

VT was IIRC the first state to have it, simply because it had never been legislated against.

NH was license-free for open carry IIRC, most small towns COP would shake your hand when applying for a license for concealed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:41:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Is it nationally illegal to carry on the beach, or...?

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:42:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

For some reason, I thought it was AZ. Regardless, it's pretty incredible progress.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:42:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:50:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
beach is fine depending on the state, but once your feet get wet it's mandatory
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 1:55:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 2:55:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I would have included California (probably) and Hawaii (definitely) as being "Clearly Refusing to Follow Bruen". From what I have seen Hawaii seems to be pretending that they don't even have to do anything different, as if this doesn't apply to them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:31:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Map is incorrect.  Tennessee does not have constitutional carry, it has permit-less carry.  Real constitutional carry would allow 18-21 year olds the right.  That is not so in Tennessee.  We also have a law called, "intent to go armed."  Pistol carry is an exception to that law that should have been retracted years ago.  Also, you can not carry a long gun in Tennessee.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#12]
PA has the same ranking as CA?

Shit, our sheriff opened an office just to make it easier to get your LTCF.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:57:49 AM EDT
[#13]
MD has been throttled back so far, you can carry in very few places.
Let's hope a Supreme Court case ensues.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#14]
I like playing with this map. I think we need to see what all the brightest glowing locations across the country have in common.
There’s a pattern, surely, maybe AI can figure it out?

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:  Your map is wrong but I do appreciate your enthusiasm.
View Quote

Do you care to point out what's wrong w/ it & provide a link to a better map?
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  I would have included California (probably) and Hawaii (definitely) as being "Clearly Refusing to Follow Bruen". From what I have seen Hawaii seems to be pretending that they don't even have to do anything different, as if this doesn't apply to them.
View Quote

Hawaii's actually issuing LTCs, from what I heard.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:  PA has the same ranking as CA?

Shit, our sheriff opened an office just to make it easier to get your LTCF.
View Quote

Apparently, you don't have Constitutional Carry yet.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#19]
"right to carry"

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The map is wrong. NJ has concealed carry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

NJ also passed a law in response to NYSRPA that you can't carry in these 87 places, just like NY.  Hence the red, they're clearly refusing to get in line w/ Supreme Court precedent.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:  Map is incorrect.  Tennessee does not have constitutional carry, it has permit-less carry.  Real constitutional carry would allow 18-21 year olds the right.  That is not so in Tennessee.  We also have a law called, "intent to go armed."  Pistol carry is an exception to that law that should have been retracted years ago.  Also, you can not carry a long gun in Tennessee.
View Quote

Florida doesn't even have Open Carry, and they got counted as the 26th state to adopt Constitutional Carry.  The vast majority of American adults can now travel through a majority of the landmass of this country armed w/ a pistol w/o having to pay for a permit to do so.  That's a win.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Updated title for the Volunteer.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

NJ also passed a law in response to NYSRPA that you can't carry in these 87 places, just like NY.  Hence the red, they're clearly refusing to get in line w/ Supreme Court precedent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The USSC case got rid of having to show need to get a CCW.  NJ complied and then passed the law you are talking about. The law is being challanged and will be thrown out and NJ law makers know it.  Your map is wrong as permits are being issued without having to show need.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The USSC case got rid of having to show need to get a CCW.  NJ complied and then passed the law you are talking about. The law is being challanged and will be thrown out and NJ law makers know it.  Your map is wrong as permits are being issued without having to show need.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So they're clearly refusing to comply w/ NYSRPA, which is what the map shows.  The map doesn't say you can't get a permit, just that NJ isn't following the Constitution.  If you have a problem w/ the map, you'll need to complain to Crimeresearch.org, not me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Nebraska just passed constitutional carry.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
And we're absolutely cut off from the rest of free America by the commies in New York and North New York.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

For some reason, I thought it was AZ. Regardless, it's pretty incredible progress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to be earlier than the forming of the country.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I like playing with this map. I think we need to see what all the brightest glowing locations across the country have in common.
There's a pattern, surely, maybe AI can figure it out?

https://i.imgur.com/oP5Oord.jpg
View Quote
The police are shooting tens of thousands of unarmed black children in the back and the KKK are lynching hundreds daily?

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#29]
N.D. you have to be a resident & have had an in state I.D. for 1 year to carry without a permit.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

VT was IIRC the first state to have it, simply because it had never been legislated against.

View Quote

I believe that's correct. There was never a permit system put in place. Always been legal.

Even though we have CC in New Hampshire, I still get my 5 years for $10 total paper carry permit for reciprocity purposes. No prints, no training, no picture. The turn around on my last renewal was less than 24 hours.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:  N.D. you have to be a resident & have had an in state I.D. for 1 year to carry without a permit.
View Quote

I want to get one of your Class 1 Non-Resident permits, I'd pick up Minnesota & Washington.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I would have included California (probably) and Hawaii (definitely) as being "Clearly Refusing to Follow Bruen".
View Quote

My parents in California both have CCW's.  My dad got his around 1973 and my mom got hers about 10 years ago.

Tony
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AZ passed constitutional carry on July 29 2010.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Nebraska just passed constitutional carry.
View Quote
The Governor just signed it this past Tuesday. It hasn't gone into effect thought. I think it starts Sept. 10
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#35]
There are some minor complaints about the accuracy of the map.  OK.  Let's assume it isn't perfect.

But, this map is why I chuckle a bit about the DOOOOOM often expressed in GD re: 2A.  We have been winning, slowly, for years.  Yes, there are some ups and downs, but winning is winning.

I have been haunting the planet for close to seven decades.  Gun rights, overall, are pretty damn good compared to my youth.

For that, we can thank Trump and his court appointees.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My parents in California both have CCW's.  My dad got his around 1973 and my mom got hers about 10 years ago.

Tony
View Quote

They must live in rural counties.  Until recently, you had to be "connected" to get one in many places.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They must live in rural counties.  Until recently, you had to be "connected" to get one in many places.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  My parents in California both have CCW's.  My dad got his around 1973 and my mom got hers about 10 years ago.

Tony

Pretty rude to dismiss the idea that his folks aren't connected.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Pretty rude to dismiss the idea that his folks aren't connected.  
View Quote

Good point.  I apologize.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#39]
What is “Partial Constitutional Carry?”  

I guess unrestricted open carry like Virginia has doesn’t count?
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:  There are some minor complaints about the accuracy of the map.  OK.  Let's assume it isn't perfect.

But, this map is why I chuckle a bit about the DOOOOOM often expressed in GD re: 2A.  We have been winning, slowly, for years.  Yes, there are some ups and downs, but winning is winning.

I have been haunting the planet for close to seven decades.  Gun rights, overall, are pretty damn good compared to my youth.

For that, we can thank Trump and his court appointees.
View Quote

Not just Trump and his judges.  I was personally assured by the then Texas Lieutenant Governor that we would never get Concealed Carry like Florida, back in the late 80's/early 90's.

Since then, Shall Issue has rolled across the nation & has become a Constitutional mandate.  So cheers to Florida, who started the Shall Issue ball rollilng.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Map is incorrect.  Tennessee does not have constitutional carry, it has permit-less carry.  Real constitutional carry would allow 18-21 year olds the right.  That is not so in Tennessee.  We also have a law called, "intent to go armed."  Pistol carry is an exception to that law that should have been retracted years ago.  Also, you can not carry a long gun in Tennessee.
View Quote

Very few States have legit constitutional carry, it seems.

IMO, for it to be constitutional carry, 18-21 should be included, it should apply to both long guns and concealable weapons, it should apply to both open and concealed carry, and there should not be a bunch of added restrictions, limitations, and caveats for those without a permit, those who are not residents, or in general.  Not many States reach that threshold.  Most have a number of limits on non-permitholders (AZ does, for example) or limits on carry (like no carry in places that serve or sell alcohol or other place restrictions, many of which you won't even find in CA, ironically), do not permit non-residents to carry permitlessly, limit those under 21 from carrying, or place restrictions on open carry, long gun carry, etc.  I'd be interested to see a list of which States have true constitutional carry and which have something more limited that they call constitutional carry (Florida definitely isn't).
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:  What is “Partial Constitutional Carry?”  

I guess unrestricted open carry like Virginia has doesn’t count?
View Quote

Florida, for example, has permitless pistol carry, but no open carry unless you're going fishing (which I thought all Floridians did when they weren't working, but I guess some wrassle alligators which doesn't count?)

I dunno what's going on in Louisiana.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Florida doesn't even have Open Carry, and they got counted as the 26th state to adopt Constitutional Carry.  The vast majority of American adults can now travel through a majority of the landmass of this country armed w/ a pistol w/o having to pay for a permit to do so.  That's a win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Map is incorrect.  Tennessee does not have constitutional carry, it has permit-less carry.  Real constitutional carry would allow 18-21 year olds the right.  That is not so in Tennessee.  We also have a law called, "intent to go armed."  Pistol carry is an exception to that law that should have been retracted years ago.  Also, you can not carry a long gun in Tennessee.

Whoever is saying FL has constitutional carry is wrong, Either from ignorance of the law or on purpose…
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Florida does not have constitutional carry.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

IMO, for it to be constitutional carry, 18-21 should be included, it should apply to both long guns and concealable weapons, it should apply to both open and concealed carry, and there should not be a bunch of added restrictions, limitations, and caveats for those without a permit, those who are not residents, or in general.  Not many States reach that threshold.  Most have a number of limits on non-permitholders (AZ does, for example) or limits on carry (like no carry in places that serve or sell alcohol or other place restrictions, many of which you won't even find in CA, ironically), do not permit non-residents to carry permitlessly, limit those under 21 from carrying, or place restrictions on open carry, long gun carry, etc.  I'd be interested to see a list of which States have true constitutional carry and which have something more limited that they call constitutional carry (Florida definitely isn't).
View All Quotes
Quoted:

In Texas, a LTC or out of state carry permit lets you carry into liquor stores that aren't posted, lets you carry on state college campuses, and skips NICS.  That's about it.  As passed, our Constitutional Carry law excluded handguns for under 21, but we just stopped defending that in Federal court so a default judgement was rendered that struck down the restriction for under 21 yr olds.

There's still the bullshit "Safe Schools 1000 ft zone" that is Federal, so if you possess a firearm in your vehicle or on your person when passing through an area 1000' around a school w/o an LTC, you're technically committing a federal felony.  A few weeks back they busted some muslim dude for camping out in his car w/ a rifle by a school & charged him w/ that, so hopefully that will get struck down too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I would have included California (probably) and Hawaii (definitely) as being "Clearly Refusing to Follow Bruen". From what I have seen Hawaii seems to be pretending that they don't even have to do anything different, as if this doesn't apply to them.
View Quote

Most CA counties have been issuing freely since before Bruen.  Some of the big ones like Los Angeles had also started relaxing things and issuing a lot more permits before Bruen.  Since Bruen a few counties and cities have continued to place barriers (mostly in or near the Bay Area) or otherwise make things difficult, but most that weren't freely issuing permits before are at least begrudgingly issuing permits since.  Some of those are adopting a zero-defect policy for "good character" or requiring more than just a clean background, but it's the exception.

Ironically, CA has fewer place and circumstance restrictions for carry with a permit than many "constitutional carry" States.  Carrying in a bar is perfectly legal here, for example, but not so much in a number of States.  Also ironically, it has fewer restrictions on open carry than Florida, the so-called "gunshine state".

That being said, the legislature very much wants to go the same route as New York and IIRC they came up with the idea to make almost everywhere off-limits together, in collusion with one another.  But because of their impatience and inability to get a supermajority onboard the legislation failed.  They learned their lesson and are trying it again this session and I suspect it will pass.  But for now, carry is a lot easier than it used to be in more historically restrictive counties and in most jurisdictions it is effectively shall-issue, and there are hardly any limitations on when and where you can carry.  So it is mostly in conformance with Bruen.  Certainly more so than New York.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't have open carry.  I've changed the title for you & the Volunteer.

Some of you guys would bite your nose off to spite your face.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ll admit that I am bitter the state legislature stripped open carry provision and still had the stones to call it constitutional carry. It’s progress, but not by that much; FL was already a shall-issue CCW state.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tony

Only in certain counties and cities (if the cities also issued their own; most do not).  In most counties self-defense or something fairly minor (a bit more than just writing down "self-defense" was sufficient) and not being prohibited was all that was needed beyond the basic requirements like training and such.  Effectively shall issue for most or all non-prohibited persons.  Even Los Angeles County started making them attainable before Bruen (sadly, it took the first Democrat in around a century being elected sheriff to get that).  It was mostly a few counties along the central coast and the greater Bay Area that were continuing to be difficult in this regard, with San Francisco being the worst.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
N.D. you have to be a resident & have had an in state I.D. for 1 year to carry without a permit.
View Quote

The Governor signed House Bill 1339 on April 11th 2023.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top