Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ok, so now I'm convinced this guy is a regular in GD  
View Quote

You think Aimless will let us know his Screen Name?
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

To my ears, and I make a living with sound, this strikes me immediately as a text-to-speech conversion. The cadence of the words isn’t natural, nor is the inflection. Lots of small clues.

Here’s a demo of how good the software is now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0zXc7SGr9I scroll to around 4:00 if you want a fast example.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has this been posted yet? Says it's 6 hours old

Kind of puts it all on the table here lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRmZP5XsFTQ

To my ears, and I make a living with sound, this strikes me immediately as a text-to-speech conversion. The cadence of the words isn’t natural, nor is the inflection. Lots of small clues.

Here’s a demo of how good the software is now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0zXc7SGr9I scroll to around 4:00 if you want a fast example.

Plausible.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, but who opened the door?
View Quote

Depape. He’s got three arms.

<Joke

<<That’s a real court painting tho.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There's no explanation for that.  The break in video is posted.
Talk about more strange upon strange.
View Quote

i think that's just from using a hammer.   as you strike and smash through -- the claw grabs glass -- and when you pull it back out to smash again it brings glass shards out with it

makes sense imo

but i will say -- his actions 'dealing' with a hammer wielding assailant are beyond strange.  he just doesn't put off the right body language for someone in a fearful state imo

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 5:21:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Body cam vid was time stamped 9:31, I assume PM since it's dark outside.
Breakin video time stamp was 5:10 am.

Has that been addressed any?  
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That sounded like a gay dude trying to control his lisp reading a script.

Not like a heroine addict that lives in a van.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A fucking Canadian illegal alien talking like leftist's wet dream version of an alt right militia nutjob.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:51:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Inquiring mind want to know.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:55:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Deranged homosexuals doing deranged homosexual stuff.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A fucking Canadian illegal alien talking like leftist's wet dream version of an alt right militia nutjob.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps5c0357b9_GIF-103.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps5c0357b9_GIF-103.gif

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Depape opened the door with his left hand. You can see when the door is opening, depape pulls his left hand away from the door, and then puts it on his hip.

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think the dude was reading off of a script he spent way too much time preparing.

This is his 15 minutes of fame, and he spent a lot of time dreaming about it
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think the dude was reading off of a script he spent way too much time preparing.

This is his 15 minutes of fame, and he spent a lot of time dreaming about it
View Quote

Of course, you're right.  It could be him and the story could be legitimate.  I'd hope there will be a recording from the prison (not sure, but I'd imagine video as well) of this and if the story is a fabrication I'm guessing his attorneys will make that known soon.  Do they allow prisoners to make phone calls to random reporters in this way?  Is it normal that this happened?  Seems odd to me but I have no idea how things work in prisons (and I want to keep it that way, ha).

Given the content of his verbal "mini manifesto", it seems tailor made to reinforce the narrative that he is some "foot soldier right wing militant" stereotype.  It's pretty convenient.  Also, there are distinct artifacts in the audio that lead me to suspect it's from modern voice cloning software.  However, that software does need training in the form of sampled speech in order to work correctly. Additionally, there is a portion early in the call where he appears to be responding directly to the reporter verbally.  Perhaps it's just this guy has brain damage or something, but the very unnatural sound of it still makes me wonder.  

Here's another example of voice cloning tech and how far it's come along.

There's no tin foil needed for whether it's possible.  That tech is here and it's quite good, though not perfect.  Even if it's not the case this time it's an effective tool of deception we will no doubt be encountering in the future.

Link Posted: 1/29/2023 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow! That’s crazy and plausible after watching the video.

Plus big ass tiddies!
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Of course, you're right.  It could be him and the story could be legitimate.  I'd hope there will be a recording from the prison (not sure, but I'd imagine video as well) of this and if the story is a fabrication I'm guessing his attorneys will make that known soon.  Do they allow prisoners to make phone calls to random reporters in this way?  Is it normal that this happened?  Seems odd to me but I have no idea how things work in prisons (and I want to keep it that way, ha).

Given the content of his verbal "mini manifesto", it seems tailor made to reinforce the narrative that he is some "foot soldier right wing militant" stereotype.  It's pretty convenient.  Also, there are distinct artifacts in the audio that lead me to suspect it's from modern voice cloning software.  However, that software does need training in the form of sampled speech in order to work correctly. Additionally, there is a portion early in the call where he appears to be responding directly to the reporter verbally.  Perhaps it's just this guy has brain damage or something, but the very unnatural sound of it still makes me wonder.  

Here's another example of voice cloning tech and how far it's come along.

There's no tin foil needed for whether it's possible.  That tech is here and it's quite good, though not perfect.  Even if it's not the case this time it's an effective tool of deception we will no doubt be encountering in the future.

View Quote

I mean everything you mention is within the range of possibility.

I just go with the whole Occam's razor on this one. There are a lot of loons out there, and they all aren't on the progressive side
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Depape opened the door with his left hand. You can see when the door is opening, depape pulls his left hand away from the door, and then puts it on his hip.

View Quote
It's at 15:18 in the police interview.

Police knock.  Pelosi runs over to the door to open it.  Pelosi grabs the hammer to prevent DePape from striking him in retaliation for opening the door.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Time stamps in security footage is often wrong. When you watch court proceedings it's common for investigators to testify that they watched the footage, looked at the system and verified it was off by X amount of time.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Time stamps in security footage is often wrong. When you watch court proceedings it's common for investigators to testify that they watched the footage, looked at the system and verified it was off by X amount of time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Security cams  were Capitol Police cams - EST 3 hours ahead
Body cams - Zulu
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top