Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2021 12:26:29 PM EDT
I’m trying to glue some pvc pipe to kydex (making shotgun cards).  I used clear Gorilla glue since it is all the rage right now.  Did not stay glued, pulled right off.  It’s the smooth side of the kydex if that matters. Any suggestions on what would work? Cyanoacrylate? Regular gorilla glue? Epoxy?  TIA
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I’m trying to glue some pvc pipe to kydex (making shotgun cards).  I used clear Gorilla glue since it is all the rage right now.  Did not stay glued, pulled right off.  It’s the smooth side of the kydex if that matters. Any suggestions on what would work? Cyanoacrylate? Regular gorilla glue? Epoxy?  TIA
View Quote

Two part plastic epoxy should work for you. Scuff up the part you are gluing a little too to help it bond.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#3]
E6000 is an amazingly tough flexible adhesive and it's available at your local big box store for a few dollars. I would try that first.

Scuffing the surfaces to be bonded is helpful no matter what glue is used...
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that E-weld similar to Oatey pvc solvent?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#5]
You want a solvent that can melt both types of plastic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top