BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 29
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:45:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

Earlier you posted the ACTUAL, vague description of a document.

Now you find it necessary to invent a  more specific, imaginary description?

I understand.
View Quote

You are making assumptions about what the grand jury did, and did not, hear. And your contention is that without seeing the actual documents, they couldn’t have know what was in them. Just giving you a hypothetical example showing you to be incorrect. Unless you believe Jack Smith flat lied, you can give more than enough information for a grand jury to understand what the document contained, without revealing any classified information.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:07:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AttachedFile:

Why did the FBI put classified cover sheets on the documents in the pictures?
View Quote

Tag in the new account!
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:10:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By LordsOfDiscipline:

The indictment is garbage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CMiller:
Originally Posted By Dumak:
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

Well, the only concession I've seen is that documents ended up in different boxes or in a different order, after they had to use cover sheets to protect the classified docs.  Is that what constitutes the chain of custody issue?  Is Trump's team contesting the actual content of what was taken from MAL?

You essentially have two questions like this - how does it affect the case?  I will try to explain why.  

The defense claims that Trump didn't go through the boxes.  They claim the documents were in chronological order as they received them.  

Now they are no longer in chronological order because the FBI mixed up the documents contained in each box.  While they claim the documents in each box belong to each box, they admit the order is no longer correct. It matters, because of Trump's claim he didn't mess with the contents of the boxes.

Since things are out of order, and the original order is not accounted for, the possibility exists that evidence could have been planted in the boxes while they were in custody of the GSA.  The DOJ knew the GSA had the boxes. I don't have a link, but i've heard it mentioned that the FBI green lighted the transfer of the docs to MAL knowing the (edit: boxes of) documents contained classified material.  How would the FBI know there was classified material in the boxes prior to the raid if they hadn't already inspected the boxes at some point?

As for the photo. The FBI pulled out documents and placed the cover sheets they brought with them to stage the photo(s) that they leaked to the press. We don't even know if the documents placed on the floor were classified or not because the FBI admitted to placing the cover sheets on documents without any experts present that were qualified to determine their status. There is also the possibility that those extra cover sheets were placed back into the boxes.

Chain of custody is an important thing.  Evidence that doesn't have a strict chain of custody and is tampered with is often tossed. If it isn't tossed by the judge, a jury outside of DC, will probably not give the FBI the benefit of doubt.        

I suggest reading the indictment. They have video evidence of boxes being taken in and out of Trump's office, communication between employees about Trump sorting through boxes before allowing them to be returned to NARA, etc.

The indictment is garbage.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:18:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eesmith] [#4]

If you are willing to wager that a federal prosecutor is going to charge a former president under the espionage act, and the documents aren't substantively as described in the indictment, knowing it's all coming out at trial sooner or later, you are a braver man than I am.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430926/IMG_4344-3212197.png
View Quote
Given that the primary objective of all of the charges are to interfere with the election and that they likely didn't expect Trump to still be ahead at this point, as well as the fact Jack Smith has been unanimously reversed at SCOTUS before for similar politically-motivated prosecutions, I think it's extremely plausible. Especially when you consider the high odds that even if Trump wins, Smith will almost certainly not be punished for it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:44:59 AM EDT
[#5]
When "everything is said and done," I hope some lawyers get permanently disbarred.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:00:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By eesmith:
Given that the primary objective of all of the charges are to interfere with the election and that they likely didn't expect Trump to still be ahead at this point, as well as the fact Jack Smith has been unanimously reversed at SCOTUS before for similar politically-motivated prosecutions, I think it's extremely plausible. Especially when you consider the high odds that even if Trump wins, Smith will almost certainly not be punished for it.
View Quote

Well, if it turns out that the facts laid out in the indictment are a misrepresentation, I’ll be first in line calling for Jack Smith’s disbarment and subsequent perjury charges.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:29:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MIR: this country is lost people
View Quote

Good thing you weren't around when the British were in charge, we wouldn't have a country if thinking like that was the norm back then.

Personally, I plan on fighting, not giving up.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:41:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eesmith] [#8]

Well, if it turns out that the facts laid out in the indictment are a misrepresentation, I'll be first in line calling for Jack Smith's disbarment and subsequent perjury charges.
View All Quotes

Well, if it turns out that the facts laid out in the indictment are a misrepresentation, I'll be first in line calling for Jack Smith's disbarment and subsequent perjury charges.
Indictments don't contain facts, they contain allegations. And likely nothing will happen to him regardless of who calls for it, Trump's probably just going to let them run over him again if he wins. No one in the club ever gets punished for anything anymore.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:33:22 AM EDT
[#9]
The note at the bottom says they told the judge in a hearing that the boxes are in their "original intact form as seized", but the order of documents in the boxes might have changed.  Elsewhere on page 7 of the same document they say there might still be some duplicate handwritten placeholders left somewhere. That's quite different from "we don't know what came from what box".

I don't understand how you get all that from this:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/585454/1000008426_jpg-3211183.JPG
View Quote

-The best way to ensure the documents came from a specific box is to make sure they are in the order you found them, which the FBI didn't do
-If you didn't keep track of the order you found them, you can't be sure what box they came from.
-We now have placeholders in boxes that don't correlate to documents anymore on Page 7 of the motion.

Now the question of "How do you know this document came from this box" isn't one that can be answered reliably
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:37:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By warlord:
When "everything is said and done," I hope some lawyers get permanently disbarred.
View Quote

Lawyers (this includes judges and legislators) protect their own. Left and right lawyers will line up to defend them.

Doesn't matter. They will all get cushy jobs in think tanks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:40:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: prolapsed_cranium] [#11]
If you are willing to wager that a federal prosecutor is going to charge a former president under the espionage act, and the documents aren’t substantively as described in the indictment,
View All Quotes
If you are willing to wager that a federal prosecutor is going to charge a former president under the espionage act, and the documents aren’t substantively as described in the indictment,
You're trusting the state security apparatus even after it got caught going after the same guy with a fake fucking investigation......

knowing it’s all coming out at trial sooner or later, you are a braver man than I am.
They close the courtrooms when alleged TS/SCI stuff gets offered. We'll never know what gets presented.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:41:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dwhitehorne:

Julie Kelly has reported that within a few months of Biden being sworn in the National Archives began having meetings with the White House and the DOJ about the pallets of boxes in the GSA warehouse in Virginia.  Those were shipped to Trump in Florida in 2021.  No one knows if the boxes were searched before the GSA shipped them to Mar-a-Lago.  

It the National Archives had such a problem with Trump possessing the boxes why did they ship them to Florida a year after Trump left office?   David
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dwhitehorne:
Originally Posted By Dumak:

How would the FBI know there was classified material in the boxes prior to the raid if they hadn't already inspected the boxes at some point?

Julie Kelly has reported that within a few months of Biden being sworn in the National Archives began having meetings with the White House and the DOJ about the pallets of boxes in the GSA warehouse in Virginia.  Those were shipped to Trump in Florida in 2021.  No one knows if the boxes were searched before the GSA shipped them to Mar-a-Lago.  

It the National Archives had such a problem with Trump possessing the boxes why did they ship them to Florida a year after Trump left office?   David

GSA has pics of the pallets prepped for shipment and claims no one but Trump people accessed them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:47:59 AM EDT
[#13]

You are making assumptions about what the grand jury did, and did not, hear. And your contention is that without seeing the actual documents, they couldn’t have know what was in them. Just giving you a hypothetical example showing you to be incorrect. Unless you believe Jack Smith flat lied, you can give more than enough information for a grand jury to understand what the document contained, without revealing any classified information.
View Quote

No you can not. Because then you are no longer being presented evidence.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:02:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#14]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#15]

A cover sheet is a cover sheet.

It is not classified information in and of itself, nor is it proof of there being “National Defense Information.”

You keep pointing to the indictment as though it is proof.  Proof of what?

Based on what?  Cover sheets?

The members of the grand jury were not all granted TS//SCI clearances to allow them to view the “evidence.”

So you tell me…

What did they see?

Cover sheets and an FBI pinky swear?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StanGram:

Because classified documents are supposed to have cover sheets?

Not when they are supposedly "evidence."  

Evidence should be documented and kept in the exact condition as it was found.

What probative value were the photos of FBI-provided cover sheets?

Crickets....

I'm still waiting for somebody to explain how we actually know that what we're looking at in the picture is FBI-provided cover sheets vs the originals.

Either they are real (not the FBI's placeholders, which would have been substituted after the picture was taken), or it appears to me the government misrepresented the photo in their court filing.

@Cincinnatus

(I'm not asking for anybody's opinion about that question, that's already obvious.  I want to know if anybody actually has  seen evidence one way or another, because I can't find it and I've spent more time than I should looking.)

It is not classified information in and of itself, nor is it proof of there being “National Defense Information.”

The members of the grand jury were not all granted TS//SCI clearances to allow them to view the “evidence.”

So you tell me…

What did they see?

You didn't answer the question.

You didn't even address the question.

Should I then conclude you can't answer the question, yet you will go on assuming your preferred answer to the question and acting as if it's established fact?

I should just start responding to all your posts with "assumes facts not in evidence", but I'd probably get in trouble.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:22:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Should I then conclude you can't answer the question, yet you will go on assuming your preferred answer to the question and acting as if it's established fact?

I should just start responding to all your posts with "assumes facts not in evidence", but I'd probably get in trouble.
View Quote
Some SME already addressed this earlier.
They said that proper cover sheets are stapled onto the documents not paper clipped.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:52:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:

View Quote
Some SME already addressed this earlier.
They said that proper cover sheets are stapled onto the documents not paper clipped.
View Quote

I don't claim to know the significance of the distinction, but considering the time these documents are claimed to have been outside of the control of government employees, I assume you would acknowledge the possibility that staples could have been replaced by paper clips at some point for some reason that doesn't involve the FBI.

The point is that this is how the government described that photo:

Attachment Attached File

What evidence do we have that contradicts that very simple and obvious statement that the cover sheets came from a box at Mar-A-Lago?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:05:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#18]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Crickets....

I'm still waiting for somebody to explain how we actually know that what we're looking at in the picture is FBI-provided cover sheets vs the originals.

Either they are real (not the FBI's placeholders, which would have been substituted after the picture was taken), or it appears to me the government misrepresented the photo in their court filing.

@Cincinnatus

(I'm not asking for anybody's opinion about that question, that's already obvious.  I want to know if anybody actually has  seen evidence one way or another, because I can't find it and I've spent more time than I should looking.)

So you tell me…

What did they see?

Sure I did.   You just don’t get it.

Smith’s team revealed in the filing that FBI agents carried printed “classified cover sheets” during the Aug. 8, 2022, search of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate and used them to replace any classified documents they discovered in cardboard Bankers Boxes that littered the former president’s residence.  

. “The investigative team used classified cover sheets for that purpose, until the FBI ran out because there were so many classified documents, at which point the team began using blank sheets with handwritten notes indicating the classification level of the document(s) seized,” the prosecutors wrote

The FBI brought the cover sheets.  THEY then spread them on the floor and took pictures of THEIR cover sheets, as “evidence.”

What is the probative value of those photos?

How do you know those cover sheets are what we see in the picture?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:46:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Well, if it turns out that the facts laid out in the indictment are a misrepresentation, I’ll be first in line calling for Jack Smith’s disbarment and subsequent perjury charges.
View All Quotes

somehow I think your TDS will prevent you from doing that
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

No one believes a fucking word you're saying. Your credibility is up there with the FBIs.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:56:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#22]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

No one believes a fucking word you're saying. Your credibility is up there with the FBIs.
View All Quotes

" />
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#24]

A vague description of evidence is never a good substitute for actual evidence.

It also makes it impossible for a defense.

Which is why the case is falling apart.
View Quote

Are you just making this stuff up now?  An unclassified summary presented to the grand jury is an established procedure.

https://www.justice.gov/jm/jm-9-90000-national-security#9-90.200%239-90.200

9-90.230, if you are curious.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

I understand.

The DOJ's actions over the years have shown that Jack Smith ly8ng is a distinct possibility.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

You really can't be that obtuse...

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

To guys like you, credibility means nothing more than blindly swallowing the established groupthink.

Pretty much exactly demonstrated by your fragility in announcing everytime you put somebody on your ignore list with *click.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#28]

To guys like you, credibility means nothing more than blindly swallowing the established groupthink.

Pretty much exactly demonstrated by your fragility in announcing everytime you put somebody on your ignore list with *click.

View All Quotes

Projection is real -

"Psychological projection is a defense mechanism in which a person unconsciously or consciously attributes their own thoughts, feelings, or traits to another person or group. It can be a way to avoid acknowledging uncomfortable emotions, thoughts, or impulses, or to process them from a safe distance."

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#29]

You seem to be suffering a basic comprehension problem.

Smith says that his team brought the cover sheets.

View All Quotes

Crickets....

@Cincinnatus

So you tell me…

What did they see?

Smith’s team revealed in the filing that FBI agents carried printed “classified cover sheets” during the Aug. 8, 2022, search of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate and used them to replace any classified documents they discovered in cardboard Bankers Boxes that littered the former president’s residence.  

. “The investigative team used classified cover sheets for that purpose, until the FBI ran out because there were so many classified documents, at which point the team began using blank sheets with handwritten notes indicating the classification level of the document(s) seized,” the prosecutors wrote

The FBI brought the cover sheets.  THEY then spread them on the floor and took pictures of THEIR cover sheets, as “evidence.”

How do you know the cover sheets were inserted before the picture was taken, vs after?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#30]

Projection is real -

"Psychological projection is a defense mechanism in which a person unconsciously or consciously attributes their own thoughts, feelings, or traits to another person or group. It can be a way to avoid acknowledging uncomfortable emotions, thoughts, or impulses, or to process them from a safe distance."

View Quote

These threads ended up populated by posters who let YouTube and Truth Social tell them what to think. Don’t know what to tell ya.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#31]

How do you know the cover sheets were inserted before the picture was taken, vs after?
View Quote
This has to be a troll.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:35:28 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

@Low_Country
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
Have you looked in a mirror lately?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
You should probably camp out and save that spot then.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#35]
why does anyone bother replying the the usual suspects here?
all they do is waste time, bandwidth and oxygen

I don't know if they are BOTs or just people paid to constantly be obtuse in arguments.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:39:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Logcutter] [#36]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

The DOJ's actions over the years have shown that Jack Smith ly8ng is a distinct possibility.
View Quote

Not possible, probable.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#37]

These threads ended up populated by posters who let YouTube and Truth Social tell them what to think. Don’t know what to tell ya.
View All Quotes

Projection is real -

Now you're just coping.  It's pathetic and sad.  I'll give you this; you chose how to be hoisted on your own petard.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:

I don't know if they are BOTs or just people paid to constantly be obtuse in arguments.
View Quote
Another member answered your question in a different thread regarding trolls.
If we ignore and don't respond to their lies then other readers believe that we have no rebuttal, and their lies are actually the truth.
Thankfully most members now see them for what they are.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:49:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Morlawn66] [#41]
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:

View Quote

Someone pointed out that one in particular ALWAYS gets the last word in and some posters not in the know would assume others couldn't refute his points . They win .
That  was a good reason as I used to wonder why play the back and forth .
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#42]

Because if they added the cover sheets AFTER the picture was taken, they wouldn't be IN the picture that was taken?

View Quote
you're enjoying yourself aren't ya?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By slack_out:

@Low_Country
View Quote

lol you care so little for my posts you’ll @ me to make sure I understand how little you think of my posts.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Because if they added the cover sheets AFTER the picture was taken, they wouldn’t be IN the picture that was taken?

View All Quotes

Crickets....

@Cincinnatus

So you tell me…

What did they see?

Because if they added the cover sheets AFTER the picture was taken, they wouldn’t be IN the picture that was taken?

How do you know what you are seeing in the picture are the cover sheets the FBI brought?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

I understand.

Yup, I'd even go so far as to say it's not just possible it's probable.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#46]

These threads ended up populated by posters who let YouTube and Truth Social tell them what to think. Don't know what to tell ya.
View Quote
And people who have chosen to side with an out of control government that no longer answers to the people and will repeat lies or act ignorant of the truth to defend the abomination it has become.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:25:56 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

I understand.

This is pretty much the same reason you gave for Russian Collusion being true, and you had the same level of incredulity at the thought that the people within the FBI would just make something like that up.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#48]

How do you know what you are seeing in the picture are the cover sheets the FBI brought?
View Quote
Asked and answered.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:36:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CMiller] [#49]

View All Quotes

It's like you have wet soapy fingers and you're trying to squeeze a marble.  Every time you apply a little pressure it pops out and escapes.

The truth is that we have no way of knowing that what's in the picture is the FBI's cover sheets (as far as I can see so far, unless somebody has found something I haven't seen yet), but he doesn't want to admit it   He'd rather just assume what fits the preferred narrative and run with it.

Originally Posted By sixnine:
Asked and answered.

Definitely not answered.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Projection is real -

I'll tell ya that is a very broad brush.
Never clicked on Truth Social and I watch automotive YouTube.  

I guess we could say MSN and CNN inform you?  
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top