Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 5/26/2024 10:28:08 AM EDT
Do the unwashed masses of GD that visit pools not in their backyard… put sunscreen on at home beforehand or after they arrive at the poo’?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Sunscreen is more dangerous than the sun.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

View Quote

Username fits
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

For whatever reasons, there are a number of fantastic sunscreens (specifically, active UV filter ingredients) that are available in the entire rest of the world but not in USA. Through testing they have been shown to have superior performance in blocking all forms of harmful UV rays, they've been in common use in Europe for decades and have no documented side effects/etc. In comparison, the domestically available sunscreens had mediocre performance.

I bought some on Amazon.uk, shipped straight to my door

If you have had skin cancer or are considered high risk, you definitely do not want to take a laissez faire approach to it, it can fuck your world up in the blink of an eye. Use good sunscreen and protective garments.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#4]
For the record, the wife, kids, and I spray down at home then walk 10 minutes to the pool. Gives adequate dry time and less shit to do upon arrival.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Neither.  Get just enough sun for nature to do its work on my melanin pigmentation.

Science/Nature - for the win.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't used sunscreen since I was a kid and my mom made me wear it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By erazor55:
Neither.  Get just enough sun for nature to do its work on my melanin pigmentation.

Science/Nature - for the win.
View Quote

Lolz

Not how skin cancer works, but OK.

Melanoma at 27 years old.

To answer OP, I do a first application at home, let it dry and then reapply upon arrival.  Cool, clean, dry skin and the first application helps lock it in.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Pinetree77:

For whatever reasons, there are a number of fantastic sunscreens (specifically, active UV filter ingredients) that are available in the entire rest of the world but not in USA. Through testing they have been shown to have superior performance in blocking all forms of harmful UV rays, they've been in common use in Europe for decades and have no documented side effects/etc. In comparison, the domestically available sunscreens had mediocre performance.

If you have had skin cancer or are considered high risk, you definitely do not want to take a laissez faire approach to it, it can fuck your world up in the blink of an eye. Use good sunscreen and protective garments.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You wrote all of that but didn't include the most important info.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:20:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#9]
I don't believe in the sunscreen science. They tell us to wear sunscreen to stop us from getting the suns nutrients.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:21:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrHold] [#10]
That shit screws pool chem automation that pool CL2 levels go sky high

As Ph goes up ORP levels drop causing automatic feeder to come on
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:21:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I generally try to avoid getting that much sun at the pool and try to wear a long sleeve uv shirt
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#12]
BEFORE!

The sunscreen needs to dry thoroughly before you go in the water.  Otherwise, it washes right off.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Asian sunscreens FTW
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 2:04:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotIssued] [#14]
Both. Supposed to reapply every 2 hours.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

From last week’s typical GD derp in a thread on ultra processed foods, “yeah but that’s Europe. They’re commies and we can’t trust them.”
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MrHold:
That shit screws pool chem automation that pool CL2 levels go sky high

As Ph goes up ORP levels drop causing automatic feeder to come on
View Quote

DGAF. Not my problem to solve.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 2:29:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10mmManiac] [#17]
I don't get in the neighborhood bathtubs. Pools are gross. 99% of the time if I am in the sun, I am fly fishing and I am wearing long sleeved hooded sun shirts, gaiter, and gloves if the sun is strong enough. I don't remember the last time I used sunscreen of any type.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top