Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2021 7:11:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Its alright.  I'd add another 8GB of ram and another 1TB SSD, but even if you don't that should hold you over for a hot minute or two.  I just looked for video cards, boy they are expensive right now.  My little brother gave me a 2080 super or TI or something a few months back, I didn't realize what a princely gift that was, I'll get that boy some ammo.

In short, I'd buy that if I was in the market.  Anything in particular you're trying to play?
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its alright.  I'd add another 8GB of ram and another 1TB SSD, but even if you don't that should hold you over for a hot minute or two.  I just looked for video cards, boy they are expensive right now.  My little brother gave me a 2080 super or TI or something a few months back, I didn't realize what a princely gift that was, I'll get that boy some ammo.

In short, I'd buy that if I was in the market.  Anything in particular you're trying to play?
View Quote

Nope.
Just want a new PC as my current one is 10+ years old, but like I said, I really wanted to build one for fun.
I think it would be neat to be able to change parts, add flashy lights, cooling, etc, but what good is it if you can't get the GPU?
Anyway, I'm just about ready to pick a prebuild up or even a laptop up at this point.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Then that one is about as good as any.  The only thing to mind is that's going to be a Micro ATX tower, and everything will probably be a tight fit, "might" impact on what can go in later as far as GPUs.  If you look into any of the prebuilt iCybers and all that on Newegg or best buy, those'll be mid or full ATX towers, might be a better option for down the road.  I think Amazon has turned into the Great Satan the jihadis were warning people about, so I'll recommend going to Newegg and check out parts and just make a spread sheet and see where you land.  Might look for a used card to hold you over.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nope.
Just want a new PC as my current one is 10+ years old, but like I said, I really wanted to build one for fun.
I think it would be neat to be able to change parts, add flashy lights, cooling, etc, but what good is it if you can't get the GPU?
Anyway, I'm just about ready to pick a prebuild up or even a laptop up at this point.
View Quote

As you've noticed it's about the worst time to be looking for a GPU. To build today is an absolute act of frustration. That system is "fine" if you're just a casual gamer. But don't expect much in the way of visuals in modern titles like CoD: MW or Cyberpunk 2077.

What's your budget?
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:28:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

As you've noticed it's about the worst time to be looking for a GPU. To build today is an absolute act of frustration. That system is "fine" if you're just a casual gamer. But don't expect much in the way of visuals in modern titles like CoD: MW or Cyberpunk 2077.

What's your budget?
View Quote

Went ahead and picked it up, but my budget was way higher.
I doubt I would play many high end games as most big titles that aren't on a Nintendo don't really excite me that much.
Stuff like Little Nightmares, Inside, etc are more fun to me than all of these big 1st and 3rd person games that are so popular today.
Anyway, now I need to figure this thing out.
Any tips on how to maximize it with what it came with?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Went ahead and picked it up, but my budget was way higher.
I doubt I would play many high end games as most big titles that aren't on a Nintendo don't really excite me that much.
Stuff like Little Nightmares, Inside, etc are more fun to me than all of these big 1st and 3rd person games that are so popular today.
Anyway, now I need to figure this thing out.
Any tips on how to maximize it with what it came with?
View Quote

Just be aware you might have hardware locks on the HP where you cant switch out things besides ram.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top