Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2020 12:27:04 PM EDT
Does anyone know if there's a problem with the PC power supply market? I've been shopping for a new one since my current one is about seven years old and I want to go ahead and retire it for spare use.

However, trying to find a Corsair or Seasonic unit that's not sold out is getting really tough. Both Amazon and the Egg are massively backordered on what seems to be everything. Like video cards during the Bitcoin craze. What's up with that?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Combination of moving final assembly out of China to avoid tariffs and reduced production capacity due to WuFlu.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I take it many, if not most, are made in China. Ugh.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, virtually all of PS's are made in PRC.  And yeah, there's a terrible shortage going on right now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I was waiting for my CovidBux to arrive before I bought one, but there may be none to buy if I wait much longer.

I was wondering what was up. Entire product lines are back-ordered. I've never seen that before.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#5]
What size PSU are you looking for?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By orion251:
What size PSU are you looking for?
View Quote

The one I have now is about 650 watts. I was going to see what I could find in the 700-850 range. Corsair makes some nice modular power supplies, if you can find them. I've had good luck with Seasonic. I've burned out a fair share of Antecs through the years.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top