Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 11/28/2022 12:05:01 AM EDT
My friend is a good guy. I’m obviously not privy to what went on behind closed doors but he seemed like he did it all right til he got hit with the “this isn’t where my life needs to be” conversation then her distancing herself then served with divorce. She wanted to be free to live her life without being tied down to home and family (Kids are in college and the Army but still “live” at home)

Anyway, I overheard her talking to my cousin about how she got alimony, their house and a sizable portion of their savings/retirement but she’s “miserable because [my friend] isn’t unhappy”

I know my buddy is out loving life. He fishes all the time. He has female coworkers he will go see movies with and keep things casual with. He’s restoring an old car and recently went on a trip to Europe to see his favorite band, Millencolin (legit band btw) She said her kids always tell her what their dad is up to and it just makes her mad because he’s always out having a blast and doing fun things with them.

Should I tell him about this? I’m kind of in disbelief but I heard it directly from her mouth. Even though he’d probably just shrug, crack open a miller lite and ask me if I had time to go golfing. I don’t know why it bothers me so much, and I’d hate to put that on him.

Why would she even be like this? This is what she wanted
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:06:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Dumb question. Of course you tell him (Removed, CoC-6 ~guns762)You're his friend not hers!!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:07:45 AM EDT
[#2]
He knows.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:08:37 AM EDT
[#3]

tell him.

the best flex is living well. and anal vids sent by accident to ex wifes numbr
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:11:04 AM EDT
[#4]
You must be living a kick-sss life if your ex is miserable because you're so happy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:11:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

Good for him.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:11:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Why tell him?

He's happy, she's miserable. Sounds like she got what she played for.

If your buddy will get any joy out of it, I guess tell him, but he sounds like he has zero fucks to give and the kids are probably keeping him in the loop.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:12:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My friend is a good guy. I’m obviously not privy to what went on behind closed doors but he seemed like he did it all right til he got hit with the “this isn’t where my life needs to be” conversation then her distancing herself then served with divorce. She wanted to be free to live her life without being tied down to home and family (Kids are in college and the Army but still “live” at home)

Anyway, I overheard her talking to my cousin about how she got alimony, their house and a sizable portion of their savings/retirement but she’s “miserable because [my friend] isn’t unhappy”

I know my buddy is out loving life. He fishes all the time. He has female coworkers he will go see movies with and keep things casual with. He’s restoring an old car and recently went on a trip to Europe to see his favorite band, Millencolin (legit band btw) She said her kids always tell her what their dad is up to and it just makes her mad because he’s always out having a blast and doing fun things with them.

Should I tell him about this? I’m kind of in disbelief but I heard it directly from her mouth. Even though he’d probably just shrug, crack open a miller lite and ask me if I had time to go golfing. I don’t know why it bothers me so much, and I’d hate to put that on him.

View Quote

@amediocreshooter

Have you ever worked with a group of women?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:12:49 AM EDT
[#8]
"Put that on him"?

He's out enjoying life and making her miserable at the same time. He already knows. He'd probably love to hear what you overheard.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:13:13 AM EDT
[#9]
lol fpni
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:13:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Stay out of it.

There are two fantastic things to do post break up; Either vanish (low/no profile) or be very happy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:17:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@amediocreshooter

View Quote

No. My career field involves complex mathematics so there aren’t any.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:18:27 AM EDT
[#13]
My first ex wife was really unhappy when she discovered that as soon as the ink on the divorce was dry I was getting younger pussy and having fun.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:19:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The best revenge is living well.
View Quote

Agree. My ex hates the fact that I remarried and I’m happy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:20:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Dumb question. Of course you tell him you half-witt. Your his friend not hers!!!
View Quote

Why not tell him.  She sounds like a dumb b**ch that threw it away because she wanted another round on the carousel.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:21:59 AM EDT
[#16]
The best revenge is just that, living well. You should tell him but I bet he wont give a fuck. Shes off his radar, he simply wont care if shes happy or not. The opposite of love isnt hate... Its indifference.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:22:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Because with drastic changes in the social underpinnings and cultural norms which guided changes, people were left to pick up the slack, and there is a giant gap between rational decision making and emotions.

People are left to feel the void with their own emotions, and often choose wrong because emotions are inherently not a good long term strategy. She probably externalized a lot of her problems being due to the nature of her relationship and home structure, versus being an internal issue. This is exacerbated by the differences of men and women at later stages of life.

It's an expectation versus reality thing.

I think if we were all honest with ourselves, if we broke up with someone and saw they were more happy without us, it would probably not feel all too well.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:22:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:23:05 AM EDT
[#19]
He knows her well enough that he probably just knows. That's why he's having a blast with his newfound freedom. It's his revenge.

Or, maybe he doesn't know but he's happy as hell anyway because he was tired of her shit five years ago and he's finally rid of her.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:24:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Friend's parents divorced because all of her friends convinced her that she would be so much happier if she dumped him.
She was miserable and decided to get back together with her ex, nope, you put me through hell so deal with the consequences.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:25:08 AM EDT
[#21]
She sounds like a miserable cunt.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:25:52 AM EDT
[#22]
If ill-will to him is her intent I’d warn him to keep an eye out for her trying to do anything fishy (lying to people/kids about him, sending people around, false allegations, etc).

Sad she once cared for someone to marry him and now wants bad things to happen to him even after they are separated,

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#23]
I guess being a middle aged divorced hausfrau isn’t the Kim Kardashian lifestyle she’d hoped it would be and misery loves company.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:28:46 AM EDT
[#24]
This is not a mystery…

Women HATE when their dudes can go have a good time without them.  ESPECIALLY if the guy is supposed to be miserable.

I don’t get it. I couldn’t care less if my wife is out having fun with her friends or doing something.  She could go on a week long Caribbean cruise and I’d be happy as shit just hanging out at home and the range and the bar.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:29:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Misery loves company.

Good to hear he's making lemonade from those lemons ol' sourpuss throws at him.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:30:11 AM EDT
[#26]
@JoeJeeps, you win for Most Mesmerizing Avatar on Arfcom. What movie/show is that from?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:30:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

And this explains why you had to come here to ask a question where the answer is blindingly obvious.

I do NOT mean that to be rude, just instructional
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:31:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@amediocreshooter

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:31:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
And this explains why you had to come here to ask a question where the answer is blindingly obvious.
View Quote

Do you always speak in riddles?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:31:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, don't tell him.  It is considered Lashon Hara (evil speech).
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:32:03 AM EDT
[#31]
I love Millencolin. Life on a Plate is a great album.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:32:48 AM EDT
[#32]
I would want to know. My ex wife's life took a giant nosedive after she left me for her AP and I found that out because a family memeber decided to check on her facebook account a year ago. My life got way better over the next 15 years and I am currently in a position I could never have dreamed of back then.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:33:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My friend is a good guy. I'm obviously not privy to what went on behind closed doors but he seemed like he did it all right til he got hit with the "this isn't where my life needs to be" conversation then her distancing herself then served with divorce. She wanted to be free to live her life without being tied down to home and family (Kids are in college and the Army but still "live" at home)

Anyway, I overheard her talking to my cousin about how she got alimony, their house and a sizable portion of their savings/retirement but she's "miserable because [my friend] isn't unhappy"

I know my buddy is out loving life. He fishes all the time. He has female coworkers he will go see movies with and keep things casual with. He's restoring an old car and recently went on a trip to Europe to see his favorite band, Millencolin (legit band btw) She said her kids always tell her what their dad is up to and it just makes her mad because he's always out having a blast and doing fun things with them.

Should I tell him about this? I'm kind of in disbelief but I heard it directly from her mouth. Even though he'd probably just shrug, crack open a miller lite and ask me if I had time to go golfing. I don't know why it bothers me so much, and I'd hate to put that on him.

View Quote

The best revenge is to live a good life.  I would let him know that she's miserable, and I would tell him why.

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:34:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@amediocreshooter

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:35:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

The short answer to your last question:
She ticks a few boxes for some toxic personality traits, prossibly a disordered one

She's basically default miserable - she wants him to hurt to fill a void inside herself, despite getting a good deal for being married to him.

I would bet a ton of money there's a ton of shitty stuff she did to him (and others) in private over the years, that he just didn't really advertise it.
If he's such a nice/agreeable guy, he probably wouldn't necessarily notice some of those traits/moments as red flags.

ETA: If you're genuinely curious and you'd like more 2 cents, you describe more of the dynamic and I'll put the parts together as best I can
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Do you always speak in riddles?
View Quote

I answered your question in the very first reply in this thread......  

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:37:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If ill-will to him is her intent I’d warn him to keep an eye out for her trying to do anything fishy (lying to people/kids about him, sending people around, false allegations, etc).

Sad she once cared for someone to marry him and now wants bad things to happen to him even after they are separated,

View Quote

Typical female traits.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:37:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:37:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Sounds like he went his own way. Good for him.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:42:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Lol.  Miserable cunts.  My ex snapped off on an army buddy of mine when he asked how I was doing, he didn't know she filed and we were divorcing.  Told him to ask the woman I had moved in with.

She was unhappy and filed for divorce.  I gave her what she wanted.  I moved on and I'm happy.  Don't know what she's doing and don't care.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:45:00 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't know if I'd tell him

but I'd 100% start telling my cousin how unbelievably hot his female friends and coworkers are
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:45:49 AM EDT
[#42]
I'd tell him even though he probably already knows. It'll reaffirm that being divorced from the miserable bitch was the best thing that happened to him in recent years.

If he doesn't know, it'll be eye opening and if he was doing anything nice for her or above and beyond, that'll end quickly.

And ultimately, what's the harm in telling him?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:47:36 AM EDT
[#43]
She gets alimony?    How?    Why?     What State?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:49:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Success is the best revenge.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:49:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Because with drastic changes in the social underpinnings and cultural norms which guided changes, people were left to pick up the slack, and there is a giant gap between rational decision making and emotions.

People are left to feel the void with their own emotions, and often choose wrong because emotions are inherently not a good long term strategy. She probably externalized a lot of her problems being due to the nature of her relationship and home structure, versus being an internal issue. This is exacerbated by the differences of men and women at later stages of life.

It's an expectation versus reality thing.

I think if we were all honest with ourselves, if we broke up with someone and saw they were more happy without us, it would probably not feel all too well.
View Quote

OP, this guy gets it and explains it in a roundabout way
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:50:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'd tell him even though he probably already knows. It'll reaffirm that being divorced from the miserable bitch was the best thing that happened to him in recent years.

If he doesn't know, it'll be eye opening and if he was doing anything nice for her or above and beyond, that'll end quickly.

And ultimately, what's the harm in telling him?
View Quote

OP, this guy also gets it. He's just more concise.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 12:56:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Exit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:04:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Same thing Tom Brady and millions of men have to deal with....

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Still wondering why she's the Ex? Yea, I can see that.
BTW, he already knows.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:08:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The best revenge is living well.
View Quote

My ex has remarried, divorced, and remarried again, in the seven years since we divorced. A few years ago, I bumped into her, and she looked... unhappy. She snarked that I looked like I have been having a good life. "Hell, yeah. Life is great, I've got a great woman that actually loves me, now."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top