BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:29:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yet somehow, the Chinese race is flourishing.
View Quote

The last kill off of Chinese nationals was between 1950-53. I know the Marines killed a lot of them. Whole divisions of the Communist Chinese Red Army were retired from the order of battle.

They fucked them up. China lost big time face over that one. Still to this day.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:31:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:35:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The last kill off of Chinese nationals was between 1950-53. I know the Marines killed a lot of them. Whole divisions of the Communist Chinese Red Army were retired from the order of battle.

They fucked them up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They fucked them up.

Negative, The Great Leap Forward killed off far, far more Chinese.  The Chinese won't talk about it, and estimates vary wildly but are usually somewhere between 30-70 million.  Cannibalism in acknowledged to have occurred in some areas.  There is still a greeting used today that translates to "Have you eaten?"
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:37:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Negative, The Great Leap Forward killed off far, far more Chinese.  The Chinese won't talk about it, and estimates vary wildly but are usually somewhere between 30-70 million.  Cannibalism in acknowledged to have occurred in some areas.  There is still a greeting used today that translates to "Have you eaten?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They fucked them up.

I'll check it out. You have a link?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:39:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Jesus is there anything China produces that isn't sketchy?
View Quote

Communism teaches us life is cheap…

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:42:04 AM EDT
[#6]
There's a reason why China is buying up a fuck ton of our farmland and it's not to feed us that's for sure. They're siphoning food resources from countries all over the world because their domestically produced stuff is gutter trash.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:42:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Who needs PVS-14's when your bones glow?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:50:39 AM EDT
[#8]
A good friend of mine is from china. I asked him if he's ever eaten rat. He said, "not knowingly, but probably".

This was 30 years ago. I bet it's gotten worse.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:52:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As much as I don’t like regulation, we need labels on food for the country of origin for all of the ingredients.
Not every country has the same standards.
View Quote

I thought our govt did away with that requirement a few years back (at least for some foods)?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:55:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A good friend of mine is from china. I asked him if he's ever eaten rat. He said, "not knowingly, but probably".

This was 30 years ago. I bet it's gotten worse.
View Quote

I'll bet your right.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:59:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They fucked them up.

Even Wikipedia, as corrupted and whitewashed as it is, says this: "The exact number of famine deaths is difficult to determine, and estimates range from upwards of 15 million to 55 million people."  A ton of folks were just outright killed too.  There are lot of books on it though; I've read several but I can't think of the names of any of them off the top of my head.

The problem is that China tried to hide the numbers for obvious reasons plus so much of China was still rural and record keeping just wasn't accurate.  They fudged numbers on everything trying to make it look like it wasn't as bad as it was, production numbers (grain/food and metal since a lot of the problem was Mao's insistence on trying to "industrialize with the "backyard furnaces"), etc.  Everything about The Great Leap Forward demonstrates the evils of  communism.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:15:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
FIFY.

They even eat aborted fetuses. Granted, the famous photos that are floating around, are not real. But there actually are people in China that do eat aborted fetuses for bullshit medicinal reasons.
Chinese Folk medicine is the biggest crock of shit that makes hippies shit look normal by comparison.
View Quote
Don't forget cow afterbirths.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:50:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Same reason we import food farmed in countries like India. Because nobody fucking cares. We are fucked. We’ve sold our people out for decades now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:37:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

OP, the next question we should be asking is why do we let Chinese companies buy and own American food producers like Smithfield (largest pork producer in America), Armour and Nathans Hotdogs.
View Quote

This. They also got all their intellectual property. Why try risky innovation when you can just buy everything you want from stupid, gullible Americans?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:42:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Even on stuff they do great with .."fireworks" they tell yah to light fuse and get away.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:24:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I refuse to buy any Chinese products if I can help it. Sometimes I fuck up and don't read the label like I should.

As for food, I ALWAYS read the label to see where it came from, and never, never buy any Chinese food product.

I really enjoy Thai food, and Penang coconut curry with shrimp is one of my favorites. But I never order it in a Thai restaurant.

There's too much Chinese shrimp on the market. They even sell it at the local military commissary. But I won't touch the stuff.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:36:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I only buy that good Wuhan-grown rice. Them Uyghur slaves know some good rice now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:34:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've heard it fucks with your liver, turns you yellow.
View Quote

Does it make you a bad driver too?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:52:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

100% of iPhones come from China.  They aren’t sketchy.

Most arcteryx comes from China.  It is top shelf.

While traveling in Europe, I noticed that kit-kat bars, etc were all made in China.

Sorry you hang out at Harbor Freight, but China makes lots of high quality goods.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm not a fan of foreign ownership of American assets, but the Chinese buyout likely saved Smithfield and the company is doing better than ever. It certainly helps it's local communities as a result. We don't import meat back from them. We Export only. It really just opened the opportunity for Americans to sell more pork to the CCP.

I live in Smithfield and have friends that work at the company. I've got no complaints about their product, and know that they are behind some high end pork products and bacon in the US that don't carry their name. It's awesome when friends gets samples at the office.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP, the next question we should be asking is why do we let Chinese companies buy and own American food producers like Smithfield (largest pork producer in America), Armour and Nathans Hotdogs.

I'm not a fan of foreign ownership of American assets, but the Chinese buyout likely saved Smithfield and the company is doing better than ever. It certainly helps it's local communities as a result. We don't import meat back from them. We Export only. It really just opened the opportunity for Americans to sell more pork to the CCP.

I live in Smithfield and have friends that work at the company. I've got no complaints about their product, and know that they are behind some high end pork products and bacon in the US that don't carry their name. It's awesome when friends gets samples at the office.

Yeah, fuck that. I stopped buying anything Smithfield branded and I grew up in VA.

Our rice comes from Crowley, LA.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Please provide a link to substantiate your claim. Cotton and rice grow under different conditions. The cotton growing region on the Llano Estacado on the South Plains is the largest contiguous cotton growing region in the world and they do not grow rice there. Typically, cotton is a dry land crop and rice requires a lot of water.
View Quote

Took like two seconds with Google.

Having grown up in Arkansas on the foot of the Mississippi Delta area were most the of the Rice is grown, it is common knowledge that cotton is a rotational crop with rice and soybeans thrown in the mix.

The vast farmlands of Delta area in Arkansas have been carved, diked and cultivated to pump water in and out as need for the crop at hand. They have the flexibility in Arkansas to do both crops. Maybe in Texas, it is a either or thing but in Arkansas, Mississippi and parts of Louisiana on the Delta, they can do both.

https://ipmdata.ipmcenters.org/documents/timelines/Rice.pdf
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't understand the U.S.'s relationship with China.  Is China our enemy or not?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Once you eat them (made correctly) you understand why. They're fantastic! It was served as a breakfast dish at the place we'd stay when in Guangzhou. Sticky, sweet, delicious, gelatinous meat with little bones you have to spit out.

I've made them myself a few times at home. I can never wait long enough for them to cook into that gelatinous goodness.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't understand the U.S.'s relationship with China.  Is China our enemy or not?
View Quote

China understands the relationship VERY well Im afraid..
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:17:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Louisiana could make plenty of rice. The farmers are getting out because of cheaper competition not only from china but Vietnam as well IIRC. They mostly make money on crawfish (which is federally protected here) If they made chinese rice reporting mandatory like crawfish is here it would probably help
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't know if it's still the case, but not too many years ago, Arkansas exported a lot of rice to China.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I refuse to buy any Chinese products if I can help it. Sometimes I fuck up and don't read the label like I should.

As for food, I ALWAYS read the label to see where it came from, and never, never buy any Chinese food product.

I really enjoy Thai food, and Penang coconut curry with shrimp is one of my favorites. But I never order it in a Thai restaurant.

There's too much Chinese shrimp on the market. They even sell it at the local military commissary. But I won't touch the stuff.
View Quote

Since 2012 chicken processed outside the us requires NO COUNTRY OF ORIGIN on packaging. If you eat any kind of processed chicken, it's come from China.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just market a stove that burns rice. Sell rice as fuel. Grind them up and make brick mortar. Talents of Shekels and all that $tuff.
View Quote

I think rice husks are being used in cement nowdays actually to make lighter(though weaker) insulating cement. As i understand it hte rice husks are basically environmental waste as it but combine with concrete and it gets some interesting properties(chemical resistance and measureable insualtion gains) problem is milling rice produces TONS of it but concrete uses lbs of it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#30]
No mean tweets and they ain't trying to take over Ukraine. What else you expect, cmon man!
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Rice is grown in water. Water picks up heavy metals in the soil. Rice picks up heavy metals from the water.

Most of it is parts per billion.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Since 2012 chicken processed outside the us requires NO COUNTRY OF ORIGIN on packaging. If you eat any kind of processed chicken, it's come from China.
View Quote

Yup. There are US chicken producers that ship chickens outside the US for processing by Chinese companies ( not sure of all the way to China ) that then return them processed to the US.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#33]
First of all don't eat any food from China. Second the standards used by the American government in testing food and water are a moving target. If someone goes to the government and says we can remove Z chemical to the .0005 ppm even if the previous standard is .001 and .1 is safe the new lower standard of the equipment salesman will be put in place and water systems will be forced to buy the new filter that may never perform as well as it does in a lab test.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My buddy married a Chinese National.

When he came back from rural China he told me that “the Chinese will eat anything with four legs that isn’t a table.”
View Quote

Watching a group of them eat entire fish with the bones and lobster shell and all at a very high end meal told me all I needed to know.  From what I've seen covering all types of meals they are all basically Rambo when it comes to food.  But that's what happens when you have exposure to true hunger as an issue.

Most folks in the US have no understanding of that.  Not saying that is bad, but most of us are soft in many, many ways.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm a Louisiana rice guy. It has that residual crawfish flavor to it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Calrose FTW !

Read the label and dont buy china rice ? problem solved?

We export wood for them to make chopsticks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
"Eat the PLASTIC RICE you FILTHY COMMUNISTS! Anyone who criticizes Free Trade with China is a COMMUNIST, and should be DRONE STRIKED!" - George Faggot Bush ...probably
View Quote

Lots of people here believe that. Their margins would get impacted maybe.

We need a 100% total embargo on all Chinese goods and services immediately.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I traveled to China a lot before Covid. Loved the food. Chicken feet were my favorite. I don't think I had the opportunity to eat rice even once there.

Whose eating imported Chinese rice in the USA?
View Quote

No shit. I can't recall seeing China grown rice even in the Asian markets we frequent.

California and other states, as well as Thailand.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#40]
We’ll catch up on poisoned food, no problem.  See Michigan
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
All of their US holdings should be confiscated too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#43]

I've actually eaten there.

There used to be a sandwich shop next to it ran by the End Timers...some of the best subs I ever had. Hopefully it wasn't people meat.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#45]
We export rice to China not the other way around. Arkansas is the largest grower of rice in the USA. California is a distant second though they tend to grow different varities. The rice plant likes to take in arsenic. The more arsenic in the soil the more it takes up. Buy American and you don't need to worry.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#46]
China, somewhat paradoxically, has an extremely tribal society.  It's just that China isn't the tribe.  It's too big.  Chinese have very narrow loyalties to their immediate families and clans.  That lack of trust causes a lot of problems in a modern economy.  In America, someone who sells tainted food is a monster.  The whole society will revile him.  In China?  Don't sell it to your immediate family/clan.  That way you can make money for your little tribe and the harm falls on "outsiders" so it doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How the fuck is it garbage and dildos? Didn't watch the video, because I've watched enough videos about how bad shit grown in China is. It is a well documented problem that Farms that grow food... are right next to toxic waste dumps.
China has environmental regulations, but they just don't enforce them. Chinese government officials are both too lazy, and too corrupt to ever do anything.

With everything we've seen happen in China and come from China, anyone who thinks that continued trade with China is a good idea... is too fucking stupid to be allowed to vote.

That being said, we probably don't import rice from China. But my wife and I are *VEEEERY* careful to avoid food that come from China.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jokes on OP.  I love Lead and Cadmium.

This thread is garbage and dildos.  Post shit worth posting.
How the fuck is it garbage and dildos? Didn't watch the video, because I've watched enough videos about how bad shit grown in China is. It is a well documented problem that Farms that grow food... are right next to toxic waste dumps.
China has environmental regulations, but they just don't enforce them. Chinese government officials are both too lazy, and too corrupt to ever do anything.

With everything we've seen happen in China and come from China, anyone who thinks that continued trade with China is a good idea... is too fucking stupid to be allowed to vote.

That being said, we probably don't import rice from China. But my wife and I are *VEEEERY* careful to avoid food that come from China.

Read the post two above yours.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why would be importing Rice? Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana grow millions of bushels of it.

eta- Add California, Mississippi and Missouri to above. We even export Rice to Japan.

https://www.usarice.com/images/default-source/market-information/rice-production-by-state-2015-2017.png?sfvrsn=9a35de8d_2
View Quote

I had no clue Arkansas grew so much rice.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Just a little PSA.........
Take a pass on chicom tilapia
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Watching the video I would be more concerned with the sanitary conditions in the noodle factories than traces of cadmium!
Guys standing around in street clothes as noodles squirt into a bowl on the floor.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top