Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2020 2:51:35 PM EDT
I've been thinking about replacing the light on the back of my house.   I've currently got one of the ubiquitous floodlights w/ two sockets and the sensor between/below them.    I'm looking for something that either gives me LED lights, or 2 or 3 sockets for bulbs where I can LED bulbs plus a USB port so I can connect a Wyze cam.  I know I can jury rig something w/ the bulb adapters that screw in, but I'm trying to do something that looks better and isn't "rigged."  With an older all brick house I'm also very reluctant to try adding power someplace else.  I'm drawing a blank in looking for this.  Anyone seen something of that sort?
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:58:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking a USB-style power input for the camera?  Grab a small USB power adapter, and if you are otherwise happy, why not just drill through your existing light housing and fish the cable through into the gang box and then connect to power in there, and seal it up the hole with some elastometic?  Bingo, problem solved.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you talking a USB-style power input for the camera?  Grab a small USB power adapter, and if you are otherwise happy, why not just drill through your existing light housing and fish the cable through into the gang box and then connect to power in there, and seal it up the hole with some elastometic?  Bingo, problem solved.
View Quote
I've thought about it.   I've seen a fairly nice setup someone did online w/ one of the Unifi cameras.   I was just kind of hoping there was an affordable commercial product out there I could go with.    I've found it's always worth asking if something exists before I try to reinvent the wheel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top