Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2021 2:10:11 AM EDT
So I have run into several enlisted personnel! Who doesn't know the constitutional and people's constitutional rights!

They say if they are ordered to do something then they must comply with it! I asked them even if it's unconstitutional? Most said they did not understand the United States Constitution!

So how can we correct this? How can we teach our Military about the United States Constitution?

In my time we NEVER talked about political or constitutional anything! Yet today there is a threat by the president of the United States to use military force on United States civilians!

So how do we teach you? Please to enlisted to the officers please how do we teach you about our constitutional rights as Americans! How do we teach you what the oath you swore means!
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 2:24:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Training on not following unconstitutional orders was taught to me in '07. Either that's new or those people were daydreaming during that lesson.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 5:51:24 AM EDT
[#2]
First off I would teach that your rights are natural.

The US constitution is supposed to restrain .gov from infringing on your natural rights.

Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:00:08 AM EDT
[#3]
you can't have the peons understanding Liberty or Freedom they'd be useless to the future oligarchy and only end up enemy of the state.

Come On Man.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:03:16 AM EDT
[#4]
US citizens should already know those things by the time they are 18 years old.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 1:22:01 AM EDT
[#5]
OP must have been asleep for the many classes on lawful vs unlawful orders.  Typical LCpl.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ColtRifle:
OP must have been asleep for the many classes on lawful vs unlawful orders.  Typical LCpl.
View Quote

Must be nice to have classes colt! Too bad my a$$ was fighting a war in Iraq to go to classes!

So how many classes in boot camp taught you the United States Constitution? Taught you the Amendments?

When through what each of them meant? What the words and the meanings of each of those Amendments really are?

My guess is NONE!

Unlawful order! Great thing to learn! Yet if you don't know the Constitution then what senses make? Fact we know that military has killed innocent civilians and children during war!

Unlawful order Yes! unconstitutional Yes! Yet it was done! Can't change it that was done! Now ask you WHY?

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tayous1:

Must be nice to have classes colt! Too bad my a$$ was fighting a war in Iraq to go to classes!

So how many classes in boot camp taught you the United States Constitution? Taught you the Amendments?

When through what each of them meant? What the words and the meanings of each of those Amendments really are?

My guess is NONE!

Unlawful order! Great thing to learn! Yet if you don't know the Constitution then what senses make? Fact we know that military has killed innocent civilians and children during war!

Unlawful order Yes! unconstitutional Yes! Yet it was done! Can't change it that was done! Now ask you WHY?

View Quote

Can we get a translation here?
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 4:55:53 AM EDT
[#8]
In basic training we received classes on lawful and unlawful orders, but once in your regular unit, the message is clear... your team/squad leader, platoon sgt, or first sgt will tell you what to do and you will comply. I don't even recall any heavy emphasis on it in PLDC or BNCOC. The presumption is that your CO is not going to give you an unlawful order. While that doesn't absolve you of responsibility for following an unlawful order, your average joe doesn't have time to brush up on constitutional ethics while doing everything else that you chain of command tasks you with in a day. It's probably both more practical and more effective to keep your company grade officers and NCOs well versed in the implications of unlawful orders. Lower enlisted are always going to do exactly what they are told unless there's a clear problem with the order IE: an order to go kill a room full of babies or set a prisoner on fire.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 7:16:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't worry! The military has a great reputation for recruiting free-thinking problem solvers and fostering an environment where healthy debate with ones' supervisors is actively encouraged. And we all know that 18-year-old kids are some of the brightest when it comes to decision-making, especially when taking others' rights into consideration. Add to that the intense training every one of them receives in constitutional law, (on top of the extensive US History classes they received in public edication) and you have a fighting force that could never, in a hundred years, be used against it's own people.

It will be fine. You'll see. What's the worst that could possibly happen?
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 7:25:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top