Page / 54
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#1]
.... I'll have a coke.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I agree he is not a commie, just a fool.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I completely understand what you are saying, and have to say "So what?". The why of it all is of very little consequence if he is pointing a weapon at people for using the roadways.

BLM/ANTIFA doesn't care about his ideology, they just wanted someone, anyone, to die a glorious death for progress. He obliged them.

It matters to me, because the description of "commie" is simply not accurate. Note that I am NOT saying anything about whether he deserved to die. That's a completely separate issue.

Agreed.

People who keep calling him commie are fools as well. They're just like antifa peeps calling me a racist.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I thought that UBER was anti gun and prohibited drivers from carrying
"Uber prohibits riders and their guests, as well as driver and delivery partners, from carrying firearms of any kind while using the app, to the extent permitted by applicable law. ... That means your firearm must be unloaded and locked in a hard-sided container in the trunk of the vehicle."(per their website)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Opening part of the show said the car was an Uber driver with prior military.  Didn't catch if he had a passenger or not.

"Uber prohibits riders and their guests, as well as driver and delivery partners, from carrying firearms of any kind while using the app, to the extent permitted by applicable law. ... That means your firearm must be unloaded and locked in a hard-sided container in the trunk of the vehicle."(per their website)
Well, maybe he didn't have a passenger at the time.

He was conducting a Freedom of Navigation exercise. Just like we do in the South China Sea.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Is anyone in Texas that can stop by and drop off a teddy bear to Police Chief Manly... in his press-release he says ‘we are heartbroken over the loss of mr foster’

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
One of the dangers of carrying at the low-ready when a rapidly changing situation gives somebody else a reasonable fear of imminent harm.
View Quote

Carrying a long gun in Texas is legal.   Carrying a long gun at the low ready is considered BRANDISHING in most areas and is illegal.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Being NPQ for asthma is not failing out.  You know better.
View Quote

Yea and indicating a whole branch of the military because a fat ass brought an AK to a protest is a tad disingenuous...
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's not failing out, but it is often a way one quits.

In military training courses, there are only two reasons to see the doc:

1) You need to see the doc in order to get the treatment needed to make it through the course.

2) You are quitting.
View Quote

You sir obviously understand.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Carrying a long gun in Texas is legal.   Carrying a long gun at the low ready is considered BRANDISHING in most areas and is illegal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of the dangers of carrying at the low-ready when a rapidly changing situation gives somebody else a reasonable fear of imminent harm.

Doesn't matter what laws state; the rule of law is dead. Laws are now only tools for authorities to use in bringing down their political enemies.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Listening to the radio yesterday early evening (we sit outside for a few hours every night and listen to AM talk radio) the FOX affiliate news report stated Foster brandished a shotgun at the driver and was shot.

They don't even care about accurate reporting anymore.
View Quote

Fox is controlled opposition. They have been pandering to the BLM shit by saying these are peaceful protests. We know the facts.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
was the car stationary when the dead guy and everyone else approaches it/makes contact?
View Quote

That second video out there (dash cam view) shows the car pulling INTO the crowd.   Now, the crowd should not have been in the street to begin with, but a car pulling into a crowd of protesters will draw a crowd.  

So to specifically answer your question.  NO.   Some protesters were already there, and the car came to them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If dead guy was black and the shooter was white, and all other things equal, would it have been the same treatment by Austin authorities and the media?

I'm going to be a pessimist and say no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Austin police spokesman has stated
BLM Dead guy pointed rifle at car, the shooter has been questioned and released.
If dead guy was black and the shooter was white, and all other things equal, would it have been the same treatment by Austin authorities and the media?

I'm going to be a pessimist and say no.

Don’t be such a hat......oh, Nvr mind.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:32:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Agreed.

People who keep calling him commie are fools as well. They're just like antifa peeps calling me a racist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I completely understand what you are saying, and have to say "So what?". The why of it all is of very little consequence if he is pointing a weapon at people for using the roadways.

BLM/ANTIFA doesn't care about his ideology, they just wanted someone, anyone, to die a glorious death for progress. He obliged them.

It matters to me, because the description of "commie" is simply not accurate. Note that I am NOT saying anything about whether he deserved to die. That's a completely separate issue.

Agreed.

I mentioned it in the other thread:

"Commie" is quickly becoming the catch all colloquialism to describe someone that partakes in these riots without havinf to go through the Baskin Robbins of intersectionality trying to figure out what flavor of retard he happened to be; "commie" will suffice.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#13]

“Sheila Foster told the station her son was a former airman who bought the rifle recently to bring to the protests for safety.”

Um that’s about the stupidest thing I have heard.  Also the whole “my baby didn’t do nuffin” is thin.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Antifa might have their "Horst Wessel" now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horst_Wessel

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That second video out there (dash cam view) shows the car pulling INTO the crowd.   Now, the crowd should not have been in the street to begin with, but a car pulling into a crowd of protesters will draw a crowd.  

So to specifically answer your question.  NO.   Some protesters were already there, and the car came to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
was the car stationary when the dead guy and everyone else approaches it/makes contact?

I haven’t watched the second (dash cam) video since yesterday but IIRC he turned the corner after a bunch of them had passed and found himself smack dab in the middle of a second larger group so he (understandably) honked.  This caused not only those immediately around him to rush the car but also the zombies that were passed home to turn around and come back.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I think he was just really sensitive to police shooting unarmed black people so often. I mean look at his girlfriend
View Quote

Savage.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

But, according to some, he didn't really know what was going on.  
View Quote

If you go 60 days you get a free T-shirt.  He was so close...
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He is now...
View Quote

Savage.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#19]
There is a twitter video the definitively proves AK boy pointed his rifle into the driver's side window. Is that posted in this thread yet?
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I haven’t watched the second (dash cam) video since yesterday but IIRC he turned the corner after a bunch of them had passed and found himself smack dab in the middle of a second larger group so he (understandably) honked.  This caused not only those immediately around him to rush the car but also the zombies that were passed home to turn around and come back.
View Quote

That is my take as well.  He probably assumed the group had passed, and quickly turned (trying to beat  traffic because from the car with the dash cam now has a green light)....not realizing there was a 2nd group.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No.  We're supposed to believe the driver managed a one-handed quintuple-tap without hitting anyone else in the crowd, and that a 'medic' nearby managed a triple-tap at the fleeing vehicle without hitting anyone, and without being arrested.

Which is why I think the story will still evolve once the defense gets their hooks into the evidence.  The City (and Antifa) are likely praying to their crappy government non-gods that no charges are brought on the driver, since this way they get to set the narrative unopposed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NEEDED UPDATE:

Did not see a definitive answer.

Do we know now where all 8 {?} shots came from?

Did Foster fire 5 shots into the car, then receive 3 back?

No.  We're supposed to believe the driver managed a one-handed quintuple-tap without hitting anyone else in the crowd, and that a 'medic' nearby managed a triple-tap at the fleeing vehicle without hitting anyone, and without being arrested.

Which is why I think the story will still evolve once the defense gets their hooks into the evidence.  The City (and Antifa) are likely praying to their crappy government non-gods that no charges are brought on the driver, since this way they get to set the narrative unopposed.

@sherrick13

@barnbwt

Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

When I said I can't blame him...I was referring to the driver thinking a gun was pointed at him.

We don't know if Foster ever pointed his gun at the driver or not, but to the driver, in that situation, even "low ready" would lot a lot like "pointed at me".  

Regardless, what I keep seeing around here is a narrative based on people not agreeing with Foster's political stance.    I'll be the first to say that none of them should have been protesting in the street to begin with.   But I'm putting that aside and looking at this through the eyes of three different people.

Driver - Drove into a crowd.  I don't think it was on purpose, and the crowd should not have been there....but that is what happened.  Crowd quickly converges on him, including a dude with an AK just a few feet from him.  That is a threat.  Shots ring out.  

Foster - Walking, when a car suddenly appears around the corner and almost hits people.  Not sure how close he was, but obviously close enough to be at the driver's side within seconds.    

Medic - Not sure of this person's exact location....but their POV would be that a car suddenly appeared around a corner.  Within seconds, the driver of the car started shooting.  

Keep in mind that from the protesters POV, a car suddenly coming into a crowd is a threat.   Do they need to get their asses out of the street?  Yes, but it isn't like protesters have not been killed from cars plowing into crowds (be it accident or on purpose).

I don't agree with the protesters, but I'm trying to look at it from all the angles....not just one angle simply because I don't like the other people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I can blame him for pointing a rifle at a car.  You can't be commiting a crime and have an affirmative defense.  He was in the wrong 100% no question about it.

You can't swarm a guys car and then cry foul when someone pulls a gun.  He was a criminal and got put in his place.

When I said I can't blame him...I was referring to the driver thinking a gun was pointed at him.

We don't know if Foster ever pointed his gun at the driver or not, but to the driver, in that situation, even "low ready" would lot a lot like "pointed at me".  

Regardless, what I keep seeing around here is a narrative based on people not agreeing with Foster's political stance.    I'll be the first to say that none of them should have been protesting in the street to begin with.   But I'm putting that aside and looking at this through the eyes of three different people.

Driver - Drove into a crowd.  I don't think it was on purpose, and the crowd should not have been there....but that is what happened.  Crowd quickly converges on him, including a dude with an AK just a few feet from him.  That is a threat.  Shots ring out.  

Foster - Walking, when a car suddenly appears around the corner and almost hits people.  Not sure how close he was, but obviously close enough to be at the driver's side within seconds.    

Medic - Not sure of this person's exact location....but their POV would be that a car suddenly appeared around a corner.  Within seconds, the driver of the car started shooting.  

Keep in mind that from the protesters POV, a car suddenly coming into a crowd is a threat.   Do they need to get their asses out of the street?  Yes, but it isn't like protesters have not been killed from cars plowing into crowds (be it accident or on purpose).

I don't agree with the protesters, but I'm trying to look at it from all the angles....not just one angle simply because I don't like the other people.

How about it is a bad idea to bring guns to protests to intimidate normal people doing normal things, like driving on the city streets to do business, while trying to impose your ideology on them while at the same time spreading chaos, starting fires, beating people up, taking over buildings and zones, etc...
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Agreed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

His posts seem anarchist/libertarian, except he died supporting a bunch of commies. Are you what you self-identify as, or should he be defined according to his actions?  Or are you suggesting he was just hanging out with his AK-47 for no real reason? So, personal beliefs aside, you lay with dogs, you wake with fleas.

Do you routinely support real, actual, racists? If not, the moniker does not apply.

The difference is pretty obvious.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

How about it is a bad idea to bring guns to protests to intimidate normal people doing normal things
, like driving on the city streets to do business, while trying to impose your ideology on them while at the same time spreading chaos, starting fires, beating people up, taking over buildings and zones, etc...
View Quote
And publicly stating, on video, that that's precisely what you're doing.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
link left cold since it's Daily KOS

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/7/26/1963877/-Rest-in-Power-Garrett-Foster

He was stationed at Minot around 2011-2014, not the best Crew Chief but he had heart.

He was all about his wife, black chick and quadriplegic.

All I can say is Holy Shit
View Quote

Was that the BLM thug pointing his ak47 at someone?
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Literal circular firing squad
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surround and pound is stupid in its own regard.

Literal circular firing squad

Well, if you are trying to prevent a car from running over a protester, it masses all the protesters as an easy target and makes any shooting likely to hit bystanders.

On the other hand, if your goal is to create a bunch of martyrs and terrorize people who were never actual threats of any kind, then it is a great strategy.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How about it is a bad idea to bring guns to protests to intimidate normal people doing normal things, like driving on the city streets to do business, while trying to impose your ideology on them while at the same time spreading chaos, starting fires, beating people up, taking over buildings and zones, etc...
View Quote

This was actually in the comment you quoted.

"I'll be the first to say that none of them should have been protesting in the street to begin with.   But I'm putting that aside and looking at this through the eyes of three different people."

"I don't agree with the protesters, but I'm trying to look at it from all the angles....not just one angle simply because I don't like the other people."

As far as guns at protests......that can get touchy.    I'm not a huge fan of it, as I think it is often done to intimate (that applies to 2A marches as well).  But, one should be consistent in this manner.  So if it is OK for one group, it should be OK for all groups.  Of course, the burning, looting, and general crime is a different story.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

"Commie" is quickly becoming the catch all colloquialism to describe someone that partakes in these riots without havinf to go through the Baskin Robbins of intersectionality trying to figure out what flavor of retard he happened to be; "commie" will suffice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

LOL.  True.

I still argue that they are in fact pursuing the same crap ideology, just that anarchists are less honest with themselves that proud communists.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

“Sheila Foster told the station her son was a former airman who bought the rifle recently to bring to the protests for safety.”

Um that’s about the stupidest thing I have heard.  Also the whole “my baby didn’t do nuffin” is thin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"Don't take your guns to riot, son,
Leave your black hoodie at home.
"
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Antifa might have their "Horst Wessel" now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horst_Wessel

View Quote

They are not gonna rally round a white male ex-military guy.  Noop.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There is a twitter video the definitively proves AK boy pointed his rifle into the driver's side window. Is that posted in this thread yet?
View Quote

If ya got it, post it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#32]
https://mobile.twitter.com/moonchynn/status/1287438000289456129?s=20
Look at this video frame by frame. It's the definitive proof of what happened.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Someone needs to pull the frames for this
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Well, if you are trying to prevent a car from running over a protester, it masses all the protesters as an easy target and makes any shooting likely to hit bystanders.

On the other hand, if your goal is to create a bunch of martyrs and terrorize people who were never actual threats of any kind, then it is a great strategy.
View Quote
Unless, as we've seen, one of your comrades starts poppin' shots and own-goals a few of your Useful Idiots.  

I saw the coffee cup scene in Ronin, I know how this works.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't know if this has been posted already.  In the ABC13 video, his mom says he and his GF were going to protests each day for 50+ days.

https://abc13.com/mother-of-man-fatally-shot-at-austin-protest-speaks-out/6335183/

It can happen. I got caught up with this civil rights type of group for a couple months that seemed to be against government corruption. Had these weird white robe type of uniforms they made me wear to our protests. They really didn’t seem to like juice. It was always “down with the juice”. I never really got that.

All of a sudden people started calling me a racist and Nazi and something about not liking my “clan”. Jokes on them though, they weren’t even my family. Just some guys I met at a flea market.

I kind of got busy and moved and haven’t seen them in awhile but people didn’t really seem to like them at all and I still don’t know why.

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

FFS, the driver had to be able to move at some point didn't he?  The rioters are their illegally.  The driver is the only person within 200 yards that is NOT ACTING in an illegal manner.  Driver obviously is getting tired of trying to get through on his LEGAL PATH of travel.  holy fuck, some of you come up with the dumbest shit.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Did I find an important video before the hive did?
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Unless, as we've seen, one of your comrades starts poppin' shots and own-goals a few of your Useful Idiots.  

View Quote

Eh, minor narrative problem.  You’ve got dead martyrs.  Who killed them is less important than who you can blame for it in the media.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah but what color is the boathouse at Hereford?
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

"I'll be the first to say that none of them should have been protesting in the street to begin with.   But I'm putting that aside and looking at this through the eyes of three different people."

"I don't agree with the protesters, but I'm trying to look at it from all the angles....not just one angle simply because I don't like the other people."

As far as guns at protests......that can get touchy.    I'm not a huge fan of it, as I think it is often done to intimate (that applies to 2A marches as well).  But, one should be consistent in this manner.  So if it is OK for one group, it should be OK for all groups.  Of course, the burning, looting, and general crime is a different story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He literally stated why he was there and what he thought of the opposition. There's no guesswork what the purpose is with the fires and excuses used to justify violence against others. It's political intimidation and force...
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well AK boy was definitely right up at the window.   Can’t really make out where the AK is.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m having a hard time seeing what he’s doing watching on my phone, but looks like he was directly outside the driver side window.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is a new angle but with my Ipotatoe it was hard to make out anything.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably.  Maybe.  Or not.  Take a twenty out of petty cash.  Hurry before someone asks for pics of your wife or calls you a doomer.  Never know what side of the bed GD wakes up on.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Their dumbass FB pages. I will not post the name here.
View Quote
Username checks out
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No meme for this ?
Desperately need one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Wonder how much money the Bullet Sponge and his Dependaplatapus were  pulling in from this racist fascist government?

What were his plans after the glorious revolution if his new masters didn’t see a need to keep supporting their life style?
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No meme for this ?
Desperately need one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The fun is about to restart, the morons think they have ID'ed the driver and they want to attack his apartment complex.  they are busily trying to find his workplace.  
View Quote

I really hope the driver doesn't live in my part of town.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

He was conducting a Freedom of Navigation exercise. Just like we do in the South China Sea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Opening part of the show said the car was an Uber driver with prior military.  Didn't catch if he had a passenger or not.

"To the extent permitted by applicable law."  If Uber is still saying that the drivers are independent contractors (they were sued over this by a couple States - I didn't follow the news to see the result), then the applicable law likely says that Uber's policy doesn't matter. Independent contractors are not bound by a company's procedures.  Even if they are, that is a matter that can only lead to them having adverse employment action (i.e. they can be fired) - there is no government regulation requiring that employees follow a company policy, unless that policy is itself required to meet some legal requirement, in which case the employee is still in trouble for violating the law itself, not the policy the company put in place.

Mike
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top