Site Notices
Page / 54
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry for your loss OP

Nothing else I can say

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#2]
happy that Mr. Foster will not receive the same funeral as Mr. Floyd.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Liberty Activist Murdered - Fund for Family

Garrett Foster was a respected liberty activist. He was gunned down last night in Austin, Texas, while supporting both gun rights & civil rights for all people. We hope to offer some support and consolation from the liberty community to his loved ones through this fund. He will be missed in our groups & forums. He meant the world to those that knew him. I want the world to know how amazing he was.
View Quote

Amazing, guy who started fund is Gay. No really, I mean it, his name is David Andrew Gay.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Garrett Foster was a respected liberty activist. He was gunned down last night in Austin, Texas, while supporting both gun rights & civil rights for all people. We hope to offer some support and consolation from the liberty community to his loved ones through this fund. He will be missed in our groups & forums. He meant the world to those that knew him. I want the world to know how amazing he was.
View Quote

No link to fundraisers without site staff approval I'm pretty sure.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Driver delivers pizzas as a 2nd job and has a wife and 3 kids to support.    Was all he is going through worth proving he had a right to drive on that street?

After you answer, I've got more.
View Quote

Depends on whether or not he needs the tips.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dead guy sure wasn't the brightest given that his FB profile is completely public.
View Quote

Virtue signaling a cause you have to go public to get your message out. Not matter how retarded the poster or the cause are. Retards drawn to the fire.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can a  quadriplegic raise her arm like in the photo?
View Quote

Maybe she was doing a Dr Strangelove?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Violent car-jacker is dead.

I'll have a coke.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OK, having watched the videos again with big headphones on, I can hear a man's voice shout "Everybody back up!!!" BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM (5 distinct shots) followed by some screaming and then three different sounding shots.

The voice shouting to "back up" does sound like the same voice from the retard's "interview" earlier that evening.

I think he knew what he was about to do and someone shot first (no way of knowing who at this point but the first volley of shots are louder which would suggest a rifle and the second volley of softer shots might have been a pistol).

My current interpretation is the idiot with the AK decided it was FO time and announced his stupidity to the world and started blasting.....then the driver returned fire defensively and raised the national IQ by 0.00001%

Subject to change with more information............
View Quote

One of my take-aways is, if the order of events are as they sound (rifle first, pistol later), it took (too many) precious seconds for the pistol to be un-holstered and put to use.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As for the driver.  Why the fuck would you be driving in downtown Austin, Portland, LA, Seattle, Shitcago or other major cities that have active antifa bullshit going on.  

Use some common sense.  Even if you live there.  Park several blocks away and just walk in.

I hope he gets off scot free, but damn.  I sure would not be doing that right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
link left cold since it's Daily KOS

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/7/26/1963877/-Rest-in-Power-Garrett-Foster

He was stationed at Minot around 2011-2014, not the best Crew Chief but he had heart.

He was all about his wife, black chick and quadriplegic.

All I can say is Holy Shit
I feel terrible for the person who shot him, talk about your shit choices.  Too bad you ole' crew chief was holding people at rifle point in traffic last night.

As for the driver.  Why the fuck would you be driving in downtown Austin, Portland, LA, Seattle, Shitcago or other major cities that have active antifa bullshit going on.  

Use some common sense.  Even if you live there.  Park several blocks away and just walk in.

I hope he gets off scot free, but damn.  I sure would not be doing that right now.

Seems there is so many protests that it is hard to know where they are and when. Downtown areas can be pretty large so even trying to walk in and drive close might get you too close.
I can't fault him.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#11]
something something stupid prizes
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I see he's wearing an AK Operators Union hat

I guess he didn't take Rob Skis advice on zeroing his AK
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Damn dude. Blame the victim a little more. Maybe he had a Trump 2020 sticker on his bumper that triggered the children.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was stationed at Minot around 2011-2014, not the best Crew Chief but he had heart.

I feel terrible for the person who shot him, talk about your shit choices.  Too bad you ole' crew chief was holding people at rifle point in traffic last night.

guy might have worked nearby and kinda had to

?

Park and walk.  No doubt the guy has a right to drive there, but look where he is now.

If you are in a totally controlled D area, why the fuck would you put yourself in a situation to be at the mercy of a communist District Attorney and law enforcement apparatus?  

I've been to Austin.  I understand what kind of city it is.  I would avoid confrontation at all costs.

Damn dude. Blame the victim a little more. Maybe he had a Trump 2020 sticker on his bumper that triggered the children.

Oddly enough, I'm on a video seminar right now on the legalities of self defense, put on by a pretty major 2A lawyer.

His persistent message this presentation is, that even if you don't have a duty to retreat in these situations, that is typically the best tactical and legal option.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

One of my take-aways is, if the order of events are as they sound (rifle first, pistol later), it took (too many) precious seconds for the pistol to be un-holstered and put to use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK, having watched the videos again with big headphones on, I can hear a man's voice shout "Everybody back up!!!" BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM (5 distinct shots) followed by some screaming and then three different sounding shots.

The voice shouting to "back up" does sound like the same voice from the retard's "interview" earlier that evening.

I think he knew what he was about to do and someone shot first (no way of knowing who at this point but the first volley of shots are louder which would suggest a rifle and the second volley of softer shots might have been a pistol).

My current interpretation is the idiot with the AK decided it was FO time and announced his stupidity to the world and started blasting.....then the driver returned fire defensively and raised the national IQ by 0.00001%

Subject to change with more information............

There is some Twitter comments from someone claiming to be "with" that group who claims their "Medic" fired three times to "Get People to Clear Out" who then rushed over to the Shot A-Hole.

So that may be the reason for the "delay" in the 3 shots?  

Again not sure exactly what went down until we get the "official" version.  

But if that IS really the case, BLM "Medic" is looking at Felony Deadly Conduct charges...

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm still kind of in shock that his wife went back to protesting right after the retard died.
That is a hardcore true believer.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Edit to remove link

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The current DA won't touch it other than maybe a press release. It'll be left for the incoming Communist DA to handle   She has already done this with the last two police shootings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All the cameras will be antifa.  Any that show the commie shot first will be deleted post haste.

APD has crime cameras all over downtown, plus there are the body cams of the officers on scene.  We may get good video out of that.
How do you think the DA will handle it? And do you think state level folks will intervene if it looks like this guy is going to get railroaded?

The current DA won't touch it other than maybe a press release. It'll be left for the incoming Communist DA to handle   She has already done this with the last two police shootings.

Just to add more to your post...........here's the commie who will probably win in the general.......worked for the Obongo Administration...........

You should find work for another PD in another county.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Definitely not an A2 thread.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Welcome the new Atifa Martyr  
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Throws into doubt the assumption that Garrett fired first. It could just as easily be that the driver fired the first set of loud shots, and the quieter rounds were from a smaller caliber fired by the "medic".
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I guess these "peaceful protesters" had the proper permits to close down the streets, barricades that said protest ahead, and a marked detour? If not then then the road is open to everyone and traffic laws apply such as crossing the street at marked crossings and stopping on red to let vehicles pass.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Slight mental disability or just on drugs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Large pupils in direct light.  Just sayin
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There is some Twitter comments from someone claiming to be "with" that group who claims their "Medic" fired three times to "Get People to Clear Out" who then rushed over to the Shot A-Hole.

But if that IS really the case, BLM "Medic" is looking at Felony Deadly Conduct charges...

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Oddly enough, I'm on a video seminar right now on the legalities of self defense, put on by a pretty major 2A lawyer.

His persistent message this presentation is, that even if you don't have a duty to retreat in these situations, that is typically the best tactical and legal option.
View Quote

His car was surrounded.  Any direction he attempted to move his vehicle was a use of force, and there was a man armed with a rifle just off his drivers-side front quarterpanel.  He had nowhere TO retreat
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Liberty Activist. Learned the name of more traitors to look out for.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#27]
This shows why children shouldn’t LARP with loaded weapons.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He achieved more Irony in his last words, than most people achieve in a Lifetime.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Amazing, guy who started fund is Gay. No really, I mean it, his name is David Andrew Gay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you go to his facebook page though, with what he was posting, it doesn't seem like he would be in support of the communist.  It's kind of confusing.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

I don't think that left his closet very often..thank goodness
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Edit to remove link https://i.imgur.com/aLT0Spm.jpg

View Quote

His cute wife is back on the market.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#32]
These are the types of dumb fucks that made me decide to get out. The AF is full of em.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry, but if a bunch of armed rioters aggressively swarm my car, I’m shooting.  

This blocking of traffic and attacking motorists is getting people shot and killed.  It has nothing to do with protesting.  It endangers the public and evokes anger.  It is as far from peaceful assembly as can be.  Clearly not protected by the 1st Amendment.  I don’t know why big city governments allow it.

ETA - apparently the City of Austin told them not to be in the streets.  Rifle guy even admits it and said that was why he was going to start carrying.  It sounds like he was itching to get in an armed confrontation.  He assumed those who disagree with him would bow down to his awesomeness.  He assumed wrong.  

It sounds like 5 rifle shots followed by three pistol shots in the video.  Is that correct?  Clear case of self defense here with video from the rifleman to back up his intent.  How many more like him are out there?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm still kind of in shock that his wife went back to protesting right after the retard died.
That is a hardcore true believer.
View Quote
She is one with The Borg.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

A picture tells a thousand words..........

https://www.kut.org/sites/kut/files/styles/x_large/public/201907/Margaret_Moore_1024x683.jpg

She'll do everything in her power to prosecute the shooter.........she might not succeed but she will try.

Here's her campaign site.
View Quote

That’s the incumbent DA, Moore.  She lost her primary to someone who will make her look like Reagan.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

guy might have worked nearby and kinda had to

?

Park and walk.  No doubt the guy has a right to drive there, but look where he is now.

If you are in a totally controlled D area, why the fuck would you put yourself in a situation to be at the mercy of a communist District Attorney and law enforcement apparatus?  

I've been to Austin.  I understand what kind of city it is.  I would avoid confrontation at all costs.

I hope you didn't pay for that info., or you at least interjected with a, "NO SHIT, SHERLOCK".
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Driver delivers pizzas as a 2nd job and has a wife and 3 kids to support.    Was all he is going through worth proving he had a right to drive on that street?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is fine.   Do it when you have the correlation of forces to actually win the battle.

You have the right to do a lot of stuff.  Doesn't mean it is the correct decision to do it all the time.  Discretion is a thing.

Cops have the RIGHT to ticket every single contact they make.   Should they?

So, say the cardiac Cath Lab team at the local hospital is called in for a heart attack.  Let the guy die and walk in???

Serious question.  

Was he delivering pizza when the incident happened? Are you just using a hypothetical?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hard telling.....

My guess is he fixated on the driver’s upper head and neck that he could see forgetting that his AK would 8 out of ten times zip through the door, the occupants and out the other door.  

Or he made the fatal mistake of using his firearm to shoot the car and avoided the driver intentionally.   If that was his thinking he was begging for the toy surprise inside that crackerjack box.   He opened Pandora’s box instead.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys wana bet the ak guy missed the guy in the car because of a height over bore mistake?

Hard telling.....

My guess is he fixated on the driver’s upper head and neck that he could see forgetting that his AK would 8 out of ten times zip through the door, the occupants and out the other door.  

Or he made the fatal mistake of using his firearm to shoot the car and avoided the driver intentionally.   If that was his thinking he was begging for the toy surprise inside that crackerjack box.   He opened Pandora’s box instead.  

Or, captain operator rocket surgeon asked the gun shop owner, “what boolitz is good for killz nazi fashusts?” And the gun store owner sold him blanks.

Regardless, I’m content with this timeline. He found exactly what he was looking for.

This story proves a couple things. One, while we’re inclined to romanticize military members, there’s a sizable segment who are POSs, morons, etc. Two, just being in the military doesn’t automatically make you a competent tactician or gunslinger.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That’s the incumbent DA, Moore.  She lost her primary to someone who will make her look like Reagan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A picture tells a thousand words..........

https://www.kut.org/sites/kut/files/styles/x_large/public/201907/Margaret_Moore_1024x683.jpg

She'll do everything in her power to prosecute the shooter.........she might not succeed but she will try.

Here's her campaign site.

The shooter is so fucked.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Cut Off One Head, Two More Shall Take Its Place...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Somewhere, a GD is missing its underscore idiot.

Good riddance.

Cut Off One Head, Two More Shall Take Its Place...

It's OK, pussies are getting red-pilled by the truckload.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it was posted for news value... not to elicit funds for a worthless commie fuckstick.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Sorry Beamy. You probably put a lot of time and effort into leading and mentoring this guy based off your comments.

But fuck this guy. Barring any unforeseen evidence, he's now a good commie.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

All the cameras will be antifa.  Any that show the commie shot first will be deleted post haste.
View Quote

Remember: if you see something, save something
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/qfzcJxb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6Cv6zkV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/vcOZO7u.jpg

These fucking idiots seem to think calling someone a "medic" allows them to do whatever they want
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

just watched the video again it really does sound like Foster shot first and if so that's pretty fucked if I was a driver in that situation like you said and I saw some guy pointing a gun at me I'd be pretty fucking spooked myself
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Air Force dudes generally shouldn't try to do combat arms type stuff.

It shows.

Garand Thumb being the exception...

OP: Sorry you knew this guy, I'm reserving full judgement until the facts come out. If I was driving and found my car surrounded by "protesters" and a guy with a rifle aim at me or my car... well I'm not going to publicly say what I'd do but I would want to get out of there alive.

just watched the video again it really does sound like Foster shot first and if so that's pretty fucked if I was a driver in that situation like you said and I saw some guy pointing a gun at me I'd be pretty fucking spooked myself

Last night when I watched it live it clearly rifle fire followed by a pistol.

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I see he's wearing an AK Operators Union hat

I guess he didn't take Rob Skis advice on zeroing his AK
View Quote
If he only had the AK for a month, I wonder how much actual training he did with it, if at all.
The Constitutionalists are panic buying their 87th rifle, the Commies are panic buying their firsties. And it shows.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Hypocrisy is their specialty.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The shooter is so fucked.
View Quote

Yeah, I’d hate to be him right now.  His fight isn’t over by a long shot.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:34:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Of course he has a roommate.
View Quote

Probably his wife's boyfriend
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top