Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2023 3:51:13 PM EDT
I have a Pentax ME Super purchased in the 1980s - are these desirable in this day and age or considered garbage can fodder?
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, there is a following.   Not the insane following for a Pentax K1000, though.   I'd much rather have the ME Super, and do have one I picked up at a flea market last summer.  Cool kids have rediscovered film.  I never stopped shooting film.   Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I was kicking around the idea of getting an AE-1 and playing around with it with the kids but time and money not there for another hobby.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
AE-1 are another camera the cool kids way overpay for.  Insane.  Like, $150.  I still will walk if a seller at a flea market wants more than say 25.  Sure, serviced and guaranteed, worth more, but crap shoot that the camera squeeks, or has electro magnet faults.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm shocked to find out that a Pentax 1000 or my Canon AE-1 has serious value. (but the K1000 was the most popular student camera back then)
40 years ago, the Canon A-1 was what I wished I could afford.

Are Canon FD lenses worth anything?
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I started out with a K1000 then quickly upgraded to the ME Super with f1.4 lens, auto-winder and fully automatic flash
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Canon A1 is what I did all my serious photography with, starting in '85 or so.  And, yep, certain FD lenses are highly prized.   Just certain ones.   But common-as-dirt FD f1.8 'package deal' lenses are stunning in the right hands.  But then again, so were the Pentax, Minolta, Nikon, etc.   They were all excellent.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:
I'm shocked to find out that a Pentax 1000 or my Canon AE-1 has serious value. (but the K1000 was the most popular student camera back then)
40 years ago, the Canon A-1 was what I wished I could afford.

Are Canon FD lenses worth anything?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I have a couple A-1 bodies kicking aroundd somewhere, had three at one point, motor drive, data back, etc. Nice cameras.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By d4xycrq:
Yes, there is a following.   Not the insane following for a Pentax K1000, though.   I'd much rather have the ME Super, and do have one I picked up at a flea market last summer.  Cool kids have rediscovered film.  I never stopped shooting film.   Enjoy!
View Quote

There's a following for K1000's? I didn't know that. I have one in my dresser drawer that's in excellent condition.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I had a Pentax Super Program.  Great little camera.  I'd love to get another one someday just for the memories.  Film is making a huge comeback right now and I see good cameras like these going up in value.  

Also, Pentax made some insanely good film cameras.  They are coming out with a new line of film cameras soon to meet the coming demand for them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HomeAtLast:
I have a Pentax ME Super purchased in the 1980s - are these desirable in this day and age or considered garbage can fodder?
View Quote

I tried to sell a couple of minty Canon FTBs to a pawn shop & they refused them. They said that they wouldn't be able to sell them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top