Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/9/2021 5:38:56 PM EDT
https://ktul.com/news/local/gov-kevin-stitt-vows-to-protect-oklahomas-way-of-life

TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) — Oklahoma's governor, Kevin Stitt, has vowed to protect the state's way of life after President Joe Biden announced new gun control measures.

In an interview with Fox Business' Neil Cavuto, Stitt talked about defending 2nd Amendment rights from federal overreach.

"We're going to defend our right to bear arms in the state of Oklahoma," Stitt said.

Less than a day after a mass shooting in South Carolina, President Joe Biden has announced six executive actions to address gun control, including "red flag" legislation for states and evidence-based community violence interventions.

Within 60 days, the Justice Department will issue proposed rules to limit accessibility to "ghost guns" and will tighten regulations on the type of stabilizing braces for pistols used in a shooting last month in Colorado that left 10 people dead.

Governor Stitt called Biden's plans to curb gun violence, "a total overreach by the federal government."

The governor further described the president's executive measures as a 'scheme.'

"'Their ultimate goal is to try to influence power, and try to take rights away from citizens," Stitt said. "In Oklahoma, we believe in freedoms and personal responsibility."

Stitt said it was 'disappointing' this happening in D.C., and accused the president of displaying partisanship.

"As long as I'm governor," Stitt said. "We will fight back against that federal overreach."
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Outstanding!

eta mary fallin would have never made such a statement. hes got my vote as long as he wants to keep the office.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Outstanding!
View Quote

Effin-A
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I love Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Do what the sanctuary cities do.  Make it against the law for any state or local officer to assist any federal agent with enforcing a federal gun crime, that is not a crime under state law.  Don't let them use the state or local facilities for holding cells.

Liberal cities and states have shown us how to do this.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I could probably make more money living someplace else..but I'm pretty sure they will be bury me here
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I love living in a free State.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#7]
So is he going to ignore all federal laws on the books and be a real 2nd Amendment Sanctuary state?

Or is it just any new laws going forward?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://ktul.com/news/local/gov-kevin-stitt-vows-to-protect-oklahomas-way-of-life

TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) — Oklahoma's governor, Kevin Stitt, has vowed to protect the state's way of life after President Joe Biden announced new gun control measures.

In an interview with Fox Business' Neil Cavuto, Stitt talked about defending 2nd Amendment rights from federal overreach.

"We're going to defend our right to bear arms in the state of Oklahoma," Stitt said.

Less than a day after a mass shooting in South Carolina, President Joe Biden has announced six executive actions to address gun control, including "red flag" legislation for states and evidence-based community violence interventions.

Within 60 days, the Justice Department will issue proposed rules to limit accessibility to "ghost guns" and will tighten regulations on the type of stabilizing braces for pistols used in a shooting last month in Colorado that left 10 people dead.

Governor Stitt called Biden's plans to curb gun violence, "a total overreach by the federal government."

The governor further described the president's executive measures as a 'scheme.'

"'Their ultimate goal is to try to influence power, and try to take rights away from citizens," Stitt said. "In Oklahoma, we believe in freedoms and personal responsibility."

Stitt said it was 'disappointing' this happening in D.C., and accused the president of displaying partisanship.

"As long as I'm governor," Stitt said. "We will fight back against that federal overreach."
View Quote

IS he going to send state police to stand off with federal agents?

If not, yawn...

Maybe a few sheriffs will grow some balls though, and just deputize all the gun owners.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If not, yawn...

Maybe a few sheriffs will grow some balls though, and just deputize all the gun owners.
View Quote

There is nothing in the US Constitution that says states cannot allow MORE freedom than under the Bill of Rights. You’re going to see virtually every red state do this with gun laws.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There is nothing in the US Constitution that says states cannot allow MORE freedom than under the Bill of Rights. You’re going to see virtually every red state do this with gun laws.
View Quote

I've heard nothing from Governor Mee-Maw regarding this.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If not, yawn...

Ask Shane Cox and Jeremy Kettler how that worked out for them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do what the sanctuary cities do.  Make it against the law for any state or local officer to assist any federal agent with enforcing a federal gun crime, that is not a crime under state law.  Don't let them use the state or local facilities for holding cells.

View Quote

Monica
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#13]
A lot of States need to fight back against Federal overreach, not just the current overreach. When the Fed tries to withhold funds (like they did to LA over the drinking age), the States need to get together and sue, take it to the SC.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Kansas did this in 2012 after sandy hook.  IIRC according to the 2nd Amendment protection act that was signed into law here, Kansas basically made everything gun related legal.  We can make our own suppressors, SBRs, SBS, anything but machine guns as long as it had "made in kansas" stamped on it and stayed in the state supposedly its legal.  It also gave us permitless carry.  Incredible law really.  Barred feds from arresting anyone with in the state following KS law.

But a dude in Wichita went to bat and made and sold some suppressors.  He got fucked and the states shrugged.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:54:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nor have we heard anything from Governor Shemp in Georgia
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#16]
F'ing A!

Love Oklahoma for their "In Their Face - Fuck You Democrats!" Attitude & Actions!

Boomer Freaking Sooner!!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Love my governor. He was on Adam Carrola podcast a couple weeks ago. He said he was going to send Gavin Newsom an award for most jobs created in Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Love my governor. He was on Adam Carrola podcast a couple weeks ago. He said he was going to send Gavin Newsom an award for most jobs created in Oklahoma.
View Quote

Oof, no dude. Learn from Texas and Arizona. Leftist idiots aren't worth importing regardless of the economic benefit.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If not, yawn...

View Quote

Eventually as more states declare there one day may be a standoff between feds and local law enforcement.

The big positive is state police, city cops and sheriffs won’t arrest you for having an unstamped AR pistol at the range.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So is he going to ignore all federal laws on the books and be a real 2nd Amendment Sanctuary state?

Or is it just any new laws going forward?
View Quote

Quite possibly more than just gun laws. He has stated that we will continue fracking and producing oil and NG
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#21]
My man.

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Eventually as more states declare there one day may be a standoff between feds and local law enforcement.

The big positive is state police, city cops and sheriffs won’t arrest you for having an unstamped AR pistol at the range.
View Quote

What is it now, 40 states with legal medical marijuana...

Yet, still federally illegal, even though those same states send federal senators?

It's all fucking theater.

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Best state.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Born and raised here, moved back after serving Uncle Sam for 21 years.  This is the last hold out state.

God bless Oklahoma!
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

That means he has to use the force of the state's government and taxbase to protect citizens of his state from enforcement and the federal meat-grinder that is the court process and etc.  Anything less than that is just kabuki theater and will be as effective at fighting illegalities falsely enforced as law as ... well, the TSA is at securing flights and finding weapons.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I always liked Oklahoma, there's some good folks down there. If I ever left the KY, I think that's the place I'd move to.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:29:53 PM EDT
[#27]
One more reason for my moving to Oklahoma this summer.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:31:11 PM EDT
[#28]
The VERY FIRST bill he signed as governor was Constitutional Carry.  

It really doesn't get much better than that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Maybe Governor Wheels will get on this
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Home built parts kits, for tax free, silenced machine guns that fire 40mm High-Explosive rounds?

"They've upped their game, so up your's."
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:57:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, he could have exempted the entire state from paying Federal taxes and allowed businesses to operate with following Federal rules.

That would have been a bigger, and more provoking, deal.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:03:54 AM EDT
[#33]
We’ll find out I guess. Kinda comes down to what your local authorities do when you are possibly found in possession of an “illegal firearm”...
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:05:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, Oklahoma and Texas and any others down here can form a new country.  Any other takers?
We'll need all the help we can get, if you're willing.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:06:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well, he could have exempted the entire state from paying Federal taxes and allowed businesses to operate with following Federal rules.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, name a governor that has done that.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:10:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We’ll find out I guess. Kinda comes down to what your local authorities do when you are possibly found in possession of an “illegal firearm”...
View Quote

Even if no state or local authority is allowed to punish you for breaking not-law federal stuff, that's not going to matter if they don't stop the federal goons from tossing you into the federal woodchipper.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:13:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Go Oklahoma!

Happy for my brothers across the river.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#38]
We’re good friends with the Stitt family, including the governor. Lots of them live here in southeast Kansas. Great folks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#39]
We’re good friends with the Stitt family, including the governor. Lots of them live here in southeast Kansas. Great folks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:19:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s what I’m saying. They’re all still playing it safe.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#41]
the sherif deputizing all gun owners with a background check would make machine guns legal for anyone with a deputy badge , fuck the atf 900,000 to 1million people armed with machine guns ;that might give democrats pause.....
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:28:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
the sherif deputizing all gun owners with a background check would make machine guns legal for anyone with a deputy badge , fuck the atf 900,000 to 1million people armed with machine guns ;that might give democrats pause.....
View Quote

Wrong.  Having the badge doesn't give you the ability to possess a full auto weapon.  In fact, the only weapons you can possess have to be authorized by the Department and even then it doesn't include full auto.  Want to carry your personal semi auto as a law enforcement officer? Not without specific approval.

Most full autos, assuming an agency even has any (most don't unless they are large cities) are still owned by their "host" agency which is generally the federal government.  It's sort of a lease program where surplus military weapons are allocated to a law enforcement agency for a token fee for as long as that agency needs them.  If the state or county does take ownership of them they are still not accessible to LE officers without permission.  Your average officer or deputy can't just access these weapons for their use nor can they buy their own without going through the same process as everyone else.  Each individual department decides which officer, deputy, trooper etc...can have access to one of the FA guns.  Usually it's members of their SWAT or TAC type teams.

I have a lot of respect for Kevin Stitt.  He said the first thing he would do if elected was sign constitutional carry and he did exactly that.  A politician actually doing what they say they will do is a rare bird.  When we recently moved from OK to GA it really sucked in that respect.  Constitutional carry should be the law of the land, hence the name.  

I fear that GA is lost.  A state that would elect Warnock and Ossof has definitely lost its grip on reality.  With that always follows democrat failed feel goodery that eats the state from within.  Hopefully that cancer is cut out before it's too late next election.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Wrong.  Having the badge doesn't give you the ability to possess a full auto weapon.  In fact, the only weapons you can possess have to be authorized by the Department and even then it doesn't include full auto.  Want to carry your personal semi auto as a law enforcement officer? Not without specific approval.

Most full autos, assuming an agency even has any (most don't unless they are large cities) are still owned by their "host" agency which is generally the federal government.  It's sort of a lease program where surplus military weapons are allocated to a law enforcement agency for a token fee for as long as that agency needs them.  If the state or county does take ownership of them they are still not accessible to LE officers without permission.  Your average officer or deputy can't just access these weapons for their use nor can they buy their own without going through the same process as everyone else.  Each individual department decides which officer, deputy, trooper etc...can have access to one of the FA guns.  Usually it's members of their SWAT or TAC type teams.

I have a lot of respect for Kevin Stitt.  He said the first thing he would do if elected was sign constitutional carry and he did exactly that.  A politician actually doing what they say they will do is a rare bird.  When we recently moved from OK to GA it really sucked in that respect.  Constitutional carry should be the law of the land, hence the name.  

I fear that GA is lost.  A state that would elect Warnock and Ossof has definitely lost its grip on reality.  With that always follows democrat failed feel goodery that eats the state from within.  Hopefully that cancer is cut out before it's too late next election.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lake Arthur PD says what?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Idaho's Gov. spoke up about it the other day too.  Although I still think he's a fuckwad for how he handled CV.

Idaho Governor Brad Little (R) said that the state will be standing up for its residents’ Second Amendment rights.

“Idaho will not stand for President Biden’s unilateral actions to erode your Second Amendment rights,” Little said. “Idaho’s Congressional delegation and I are in lockstep in our opposition to the President’s actions and his direction to Congress to strip law-abiding Americans of their constitutional right to keep and bear arms.”
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I want 40mm belt feds with HEI rounds, belt fed in sentry gun setups, landmines, and some radar guided anti air laser emplacements, shippable to more door tomorrow, lets make it happen.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Kansas did this in 2012 after sandy hook.  IIRC according to the 2nd Amendment protection act that was signed into law here, Kansas basically made everything gun related legal.  We can make our own suppressors, SBRs, SBS, anything but machine guns as long as it had "made in kansas" stamped on it and stayed in the state supposedly its legal.  It also gave us permitless carry.  Incredible law really.  Barred feds from arresting anyone with in the state following KS law.

But a dude in Wichita went to bat and made and sold some suppressors.  He got fucked and the states shrugged.
View Quote

This, the state needs to have the National Guard suited and booted, ask nicely to let the man go, when they refuse they just send in the Strykers though the walls and spring him from the joint.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I love Oklahoma.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Can a State require any federal agents to adhere to the firearms limitations that the fed .gov is trying to cram up everyone's ass?

For instance, any aft agents skulking around in Oklahoma have to carry a snubnose revolver and a double barrel shotgun while wearing a safety vest that spells out what they are as long as they're on duty?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its called fraud, when they cheat, how can they NOT win?

Factor in two cowards who were running, who refused to fight for themselves, let alone anyone else, how could the forces of evil not win?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top