Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM

Official cyclist thread (Page 20 of 26)

Previous Page
/ 26
Next Page
2/27/2026 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
I wear a full face like 87% of the time. I don't mind it at all. If I wasn't wearing last year, I would have had a very large dental bill.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/356105/IMG_0597_jpeg-3720752.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:
Originally Posted By TZ250:
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:
Went down today. Luckily it was on a loamer and super soft.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163367/IMG_8127_jpeg-3720646.JPG

 

Any skin left trail side ?


Yeah two small cuts on my nose. My front tooth slightly tapped a root. I think this is a sign to wear my full face more often.
I wear a full face like 87% of the time. I don't mind it at all. If I wasn't wearing last year, I would have had a very large dental bill.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/356105/IMG_0597_jpeg-3720752.JPG


dang, that’s pretty funny.

I usually only wear mine when I’m riding big features or if it’s cold out

I had a pretty bad crash last May and rang my bell pretty good. Had to get a new full face. Got to use the crash replacement through 7IDP.
2/28/2026 7:47:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The price for premium FF helmets has for sure gone up.
.

Remember to kick it over, no one will guide you through armagideon time...

.
2/28/2026 8:33:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TZ250:
The price for premium FF helmets has for sure gone up.
View Quote


Yeah they definitely have. I want a Troy Lee Design D4 carbon but they’re like $735. ($580 with mil discount)
Attached File


New 7IDP project 23 carbon has also caught my eye but it’s $574
Attached File


They both make non carbon versions that are much cheaper. Troy Lee makes an polycarbonate for $304 and IDP makes an abs one but not in that color scheme.
2/28/2026 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#4]
And MVDP wins Omloop.

Next week, Strade Bianche. Isaac from UAE is the one to watch.
License to slouch.

Mitchell!
2/28/2026 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#5]
DNF my race today....which is okay it was a Cat 3/4 but the leaders where very much Cat 2 guys that are holding back an upgrade.  I cramped up mid race...recovered but not soon enough.  26 miles, 2k of climbing, average speed 21.8, max speed 50.9, average watts 215.  Not bad since I am not a road racing guy...I am a criterium racer.  Next weekend 4 days of racing the first two days are Driveway Crits, then two days of road racing that is 1/2 the climbing of this race.  I should do much better.
Living in the free state of Texas
2/28/2026 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Fourman:
DNF my race today....which is okay it was a Cat 3/4 but the leaders where very much Cat 2 guys that are holding back an upgrade.  I cramped up mid race...recovered but not soon enough.  26 miles, 2k of climbing, average speed 21.8, max speed 50.9, average watts 215.  Not bad since I am not a road racing guy...I am a criterium racer.  Next weekend 4 days of racing the first two days are Driveway Crits, then two days of road racing that is 1/2 the climbing of this race.  I should do much better.
View Quote



You were there. That’s what matters.
.

Remember to kick it over, no one will guide you through armagideon time...

.
2/28/2026 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TZ250:



You were there. That's what matters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By TZ250:
Originally Posted By Fourman:
DNF my race today....which is okay it was a Cat 3/4 but the leaders where very much Cat 2 guys that are holding back an upgrade.  I cramped up mid race...recovered but not soon enough.  26 miles, 2k of climbing, average speed 21.8, max speed 50.9, average watts 215.  Not bad since I am not a road racing guy...I am a criterium racer.  Next weekend 4 days of racing the first two days are Driveway Crits, then two days of road racing that is 1/2 the climbing of this race.  I should do much better.



You were there. That's what matters.
You raced.


License to slouch.

Mitchell!
2/28/2026 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:


Yeah they definitely have. I want a Troy Lee Design D4 carbon but they’re like $735. ($580 with mil discount)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163367/IMG_8146_webp-3720890.JPG

New 7IDP project 23 carbon has also caught my eye but it’s $574
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163367/IMG_8147_webp-3720891.JPG

They both make non carbon versions that are much cheaper. Troy Lee makes an polycarbonate for $304 and IDP makes an abs one but not in that color scheme.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:
Originally Posted By TZ250:
The price for premium FF helmets has for sure gone up.


Yeah they definitely have. I want a Troy Lee Design D4 carbon but they’re like $735. ($580 with mil discount)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163367/IMG_8146_webp-3720890.JPG

New 7IDP project 23 carbon has also caught my eye but it’s $574
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163367/IMG_8147_webp-3720891.JPG

They both make non carbon versions that are much cheaper. Troy Lee makes an polycarbonate for $304 and IDP makes an abs one but not in that color scheme.



I’ve been happy with my D4. This will be its fifth and final year. That’s why I’ve been shopping.

Attached File
.

Remember to kick it over, no one will guide you through armagideon time...

.
2/28/2026 9:21:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Ascent-][Edited] [#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TZ250:



I’ve been happy with my D4. This will be its fifth and final year. That’s why I’ve been shopping.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/319389/IMG_2060_jpeg-3721253.JPG
View Quote


Troy Lee does know how to make a good looking helmet.

Any new helmets caught your eye?


My current 7IDP project 23 carbon
Attached File
2/28/2026 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TZ250:



You were there. That’s what matters.
View Quote


Absolutely this
2/28/2026 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:


Troy Lee does know how to make a good looking helmet.

Any new helmets caught your eye?


My current 7IDP project 23 carbon
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163367/IMG_7093_jpeg-3721365.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:
Originally Posted By TZ250:



I’ve been happy with my D4. This will be its fifth and final year. That’s why I’ve been shopping.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/319389/IMG_2060_jpeg-3721253.JPG


Troy Lee does know how to make a good looking helmet.

Any new helmets caught your eye?


My current 7IDP project 23 carbon
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163367/IMG_7093_jpeg-3721365.JPG



Caught my eye? For sure.

New Rampage RS:

Attached File



New D4:

Attached File



If I had the coin I’d get TLD to do a custom:

Attached File

.

Remember to kick it over, no one will guide you through armagideon time...

.
2/28/2026 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By TZ250:
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:
Originally Posted By TZ250:



I’ve been happy with my D4. This will be its fifth and final year. That’s why I’ve been shopping.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/319389/IMG_2060_jpeg-3721253.JPG


Troy Lee does know how to make a good looking helmet.

Any new helmets caught your eye?


My current 7IDP project 23 carbon
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163367/IMG_7093_jpeg-3721365.JPG



Caught my eye? For sure.

New Rampage RS:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/319389/IMG_5567_webp-3721381.JPG


New D4:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/319389/IMG_5566_jpeg-3721382.JPG


If I had the coin I’d get TLD to do a custom:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/319389/IMG_5548_webp-3721384.JPG


Yeah that new color scheme looks good on the rampage
Attached File


Never thought about a custom shop paint job. I always assume it would be really expensive.
2/28/2026 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a carbon fiber Fox that is pretty nice; I’ll throw it up for consideration:
Attached File

3/1/2026 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:


Absolutely this
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:
Originally Posted By TZ250:



You were there. That's what matters.


Absolutely this
Thanks....I don't know how you all wear full helmets....but then again I don't do off road fun....which I bet I would need something like that being a roadie lol
Living in the free state of Texas
3/1/2026 6:24:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Fourman:
Thanks....I don't know how you all wear full helmets....but then again I don't do off road fun....which I bet I would need something like that being a roadie lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Fourman:
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:
Originally Posted By TZ250:



You were there. That's what matters.


Absolutely this
Thanks....I don't know how you all wear full helmets....but then again I don't do off road fun....which I bet I would need something like that being a roadie lol



The full face is for the bike park. I wear a half when I trail ride. It takes me a while to get used to the half when I put it on because it feels like I’m wearing nothing.

Attached File
.

Remember to kick it over, no one will guide you through armagideon time...

.
3/1/2026 6:36:15 AM EDT
[#16]
same helmet as above when not using a full face. it's solid.


mr poor bike I haven't ridden in like 5 months.

3/1/2026 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#17]
31 miles of torque intervals on the trainer this morning
3/1/2026 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:
same helmet as above when not using a full face. it's solid.


mr poor bike I haven't ridden in like 5 months.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55122424833_52e1facf6d_b.jpg
View Quote



Easily the trickiest bike on ARFcom
.

Remember to kick it over, no one will guide you through armagideon time...

.
3/1/2026 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Fourman:
DNF my race today....which is okay it was a Cat 3/4 but the leaders where very much Cat 2 guys that are holding back an upgrade.  I cramped up mid race...recovered but not soon enough.  26 miles, 2k of climbing, average speed 21.8, max speed 50.9, average watts 215.  Not bad since I am not a road racing guy...I am a criterium racer.  Next weekend 4 days of racing the first two days are Driveway Crits, then two days of road racing that is 1/2 the climbing of this race.  I should do much better.
View Quote

Sandbagging is bullshit. They should get a DQ.
3/1/2026 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Put in 52 good miles with a strong south wind....a nice 85 degrees, my type of weather.

Oh and I am down to 174lbs...was 215 in November
Living in the free state of Texas
3/1/2026 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TZ250:



Easily the trickiest bike on ARFcom
View Quote



It’s not bad. Since put on slightly higher rise bars and considering getting a podium or maybe an Intend. More money more money more money!
3/1/2026 9:48:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TZ250:



You were there. That’s what matters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By TZ250:
Originally Posted By Fourman:
DNF my race today....which is okay it was a Cat 3/4 but the leaders where very much Cat 2 guys that are holding back an upgrade.  I cramped up mid race...recovered but not soon enough.  26 miles, 2k of climbing, average speed 21.8, max speed 50.9, average watts 215.  Not bad since I am not a road racing guy...I am a criterium racer.  Next weekend 4 days of racing the first two days are Driveway Crits, then two days of road racing that is 1/2 the climbing of this race.  I should do much better.



You were there. That’s what matters.


Yep, better than 99.9% of the population sitting on the couch getting fatter.
3/1/2026 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Fourman:
Put in 52 good miles with a strong south wind....a nice 85 degrees, my type of weather.

Oh and I am down to 174lbs...was 215 in November
View Quote


Success
.

Remember to kick it over, no one will guide you through armagideon time...

.
3/1/2026 10:34:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Originally Posted By StillGonnaSendIt:

Sandbagging is bullshit. They should get a DQ.
View Quote
It happends all the time...Tulsa Tough is really bad with it due to the size of the race.
Living in the free state of Texas
3/1/2026 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quote History
I started riding with a specialized gambit full-face a couple years ago and haven't looked back. It barely weighs more than a half shell, is much lighter than most full-face options while offering similar protection.

Clobbered it on ride 1 in an OTB crash and put a rock dent in the shell, specialized didn't owe me a thing but sent a replacement anyways. Brilliant performance and customer service, I can't say enough.

There is just no reason to be flying down trails at, 20-30 or more mph with a wide open face, mouth, jaw.
3/1/2026 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#26]
My FF is a Bell convertible. I'll usually leave the mandible on the entire time, but at one place I frequent, I'll take it off and clip it to my camelback for the ride back up the fire road to the parking lot and trailhead if it's blazing hot.  

I don't mind it at all, it's ever so slightly more difficult to reach my AirPods or get the camelback hose into my mouth.

The biggest pain is when I want to take it off, because I need to take off my sunglasses first.

Bell gave me 30% off a replacement when I wrecked.
3/4/2026 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Last Weekend's Race..Lago Vista

Lago Vista - 2026 - Day One - Cat 3/4

Living in the free state of Texas
3/6/2026 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Fourman:
Put in 52 good miles with a strong south wind....a nice 85 degrees, my type of weather.

Oh and I am down to 174lbs...was 215 in November
View Quote

40 lbs in four months? That's an enormous swing. I'd get a cbc and cmp to make sure everything is still wnl. Nice work, nonetheless.

As to helmets, it looks like Kask discontinued the defender, which is a shame, they are super light.
Attached File


It's barely 200 grams heavier than my dropframe pro.
3/6/2026 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Fourman:
It happends all the time...Tulsa Tough is really bad with it due to the size of the race.
View Quote

It happens around here sometimes. If I enter an enduro or DH event and do it late I'll enter at a lower level. But you can tell the organizers not to score your time and I take the time to help riders just getting started out and use my run to just ride. Love setting up a bike stand and helping younger riders and the future of the sport.
3/6/2026 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Folks interested in the lightest weight FF should check out this, currently 50% off. I have one and it's awesome. Plus, strong Stormtrooper vibes lol. MIPS and all. I actually might pick a second one up. It's cool and light enough to wear in the desert fwiw. I only wear it on double blacks that I'm trying to go fast on, or at the park, but it's by far the least intrusive FF I've worn.

Also, fwiw, Giro Manifest size M/L helmet fits me well.

LINEA 01 MIPS - FULL FACE BIKE HELMET
3/6/2026 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Le Strade Bianche is tomorrow.

A " New" Classic

UAE team is stacked. Tadej and Isaac are picks. Brandon is racing. ( Arizona kid/ badass )

Pidcock and the French kid Seixas are also favorites.

Btw, Siena is such a beautiful city.
License to slouch.

Mitchell!
3/7/2026 12:07:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheYellowThing][Edited] [#32]
Strade Bianche 2026.

That was a boring race.

Siena. Ma che bella citta.

I have climbed Santa Catarina a few times. I will again in October.

Not going to spoil it. No surprise who won it, either.


edit: the Women's race was nuts.
License to slouch.

Mitchell!
3/7/2026 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Not light weight, but I got it mad cheap and the detachable chin bar is nice since 99% of the time out here its requires climbing. Attached File


3/7/2026 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#34]
This fall ended my racing season forever.

It was much worse than it looks.

Wear a helmet!


License to slouch.

Mitchell!
3/7/2026 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TheYellowThing:
This fall ended my racing season forever.

It was much worse than it looks.

Wear a helmet!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170945/IMG_7960-3725124.jpg
View Quote


ouch.
what happened?
3/7/2026 1:45:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheYellowThing][Edited] [#36]
Quote History
Originally Posted By AgeOne:


ouch.
what happened?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By AgeOne:
Originally Posted By TheYellowThing:
This fall ended my racing season forever.

It was much worse than it looks.

Wear a helmet!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170945/IMG_7960-3725124.jpg


ouch.
what happened?
Mountain bike training ride a few years ago.

I don't remember much.

I don't even know how long I was out for.

I cruised home. Bloody and messed up.



Apparently, I hit a big rock. An inch lower, lights out.
License to slouch.

Mitchell!
3/7/2026 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#37]
I got some practice laps in for my enduro race in 3 weeks. The course hasn't been released yet, but there are likely trails.
3/7/2026 7:17:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fourman][Edited] [#38]
Day 1 of Pace Bend I got 11th and 11th in the Omni, Day 2 I got 22nd and 17th in the Omni.  These are both Driveway races....I will have interesting video of the first race later.

Today Day 3 was Road Race at Pace Bend Park....total nuts.  Raining a ton with 20mph winds and a cold front.  Race started first miles wreck right next to me.and I got tossed out the back 2 miles in.  I was like doing 400-500 watts to just keep up.  Then the start of lap 2 they stopped the race due to lightning.  So they held us around for 30-40 minutes in the rain and cold before they started back up.  I was like fuck this.   After that I am 22nd in the Omni.

My teammate was in first until today and he also was like Fuck this....but he only dropped to 5th now.

Tomorrow should be dry but much colder (for Texas that is)....

Took a while to clean all my gear from tomorrow.

Oh todays race was so hard and fast my eFTP went up 16watts from that 6 mile part of the race.....total crazy power/speed.
Living in the free state of Texas
3/10/2026 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Pace Bend Day One.....around 26 minutes it gets spicy.  The guys did not like that I was not chasing my teammate so they are yelling at me.  So I told them "Blow me1" lol


Living in the free state of Texas
3/12/2026 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Here is day 2 of Pace Bend...After this race my team has the GC.


Living in the free state of Texas
3/12/2026 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TheYellowThing:
Mountain bike training ride a few years ago.

I don't remember much.

I don't even know how long I was out for.

I cruised home. Bloody and messed up.



Apparently, I hit a big rock. An inch lower, lights out.
View Quote


based on your location, just be glad it wasn't a cholla.  


3/13/2026 7:08:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Ascent-][Edited] [#42]
New brakes.

SRAM Maven ULT
Attached File


Edit
Attached File

Attached File
3/13/2026 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Fourman:
Here is day 2 of Pace Bend...After this race my team has the GC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffEj_R9h2ZM
View Quote


Nice!
3/15/2026 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Yesterday's fun ride I hit a hit kinda hard and Intervals goes "oh your eFTP went up 15 points to 280watts". I am like wow nice.  That makes it 3.5W/kg for me right now.
Living in the free state of Texas
3/17/2026 5:05:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TZ250][Edited] [#45]
6D ATB-3


Attached File
.

Remember to kick it over, no one will guide you through armagideon time...

.
3/17/2026 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quote History

Damn, those are beautiful. Probably better than road brakes.
" Don't cry, nobody shoots Glocks anymore."

"But the new Admin. is a Master in IDPA"
"MASTER in IDPA..."

"is like C Class in IPSC!"
3/17/2026 9:23:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 3-gun:

Damn, those are beautiful. Probably better than road brakes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By 3-gun:

Damn, those are beautiful. Probably better than road brakes.


They’re sweet!

Yeah they’re super powerful.
3/17/2026 9:26:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Ascent-][Edited] [#48]
Quote History


That’s a sweet helmet.

I’m digging this Leatt gravity 4.0.

Attached File



Add it to the list of helmets I like. TLD D4, Fox rampage RS and now this leatt. Decisions decisions.
3/19/2026 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#49]


Attached File



3/19/2026 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Originally Posted By realwar:


https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32274/Screenshot_2026-03-19_at_08-57-57_Home__-3732273.JPG


View Quote


When assholes collide.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 26
Next Page

Official cyclist thread (Page 20 of 26)