Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Official BF3 for PS3 Thread (Page 5 of 210)
Page / 210
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn it.  How do you guys get kills with helos and planes?  I can manage to crash the chopper everytime, and I can fly the jet, just not shoot anyone down yet.

great at the tanks and armored cars though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By kingoftheroad:
Damn it.  How do you guys get kills with helos and planes?  I can manage to crash the chopper everytime, and I can fly the jet, just not shoot anyone down yet.

Easy.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 10:09:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:

Easy.

With practice
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]

I can get kills with the helos, but the plane is too fast.  You need to be a pretty good pilot in the choppers- learn to fly low and slow and learn to swoop in on gun runs.  Killing infantry is kind of hard because they are so small, vehicles are much larger targets.  With the attack helicopters you have rockets, which are awesome.  The more you kill the more you unlock and killing gets easier.  Also keep in mind its easier to kill stuff if you are moving slower.

As for planes I have no fucking idea.  I think I have one air to air kill.  I have a total of 281 points with jets, which means I haven't unlocked anything.  I'm not good at dog fighting and I haven't figured out how to kill ground targets with the MG.

What are your control settings for the helicopter?  Try pitch/yaw on left stick and throttle/roll on right stick and invert the controls.  Make sure you keep track of your pitch and roll, especially roll.  That's how I see most go down, they roll too far left/right and can't correct fast enough to save it.  Same thing can happen with pitch but its usually easier to notice you're tipping over.  Also note that as you pitch over more you need to increase throttle to keep altitude.  To turn you pitch forward a little, yaw in the direction you want to turn, increase throttle if you want to stay at the same altitude, and roll a little so the inside edge is the low side of the turn.

If anyone is going on a friend adding spree, my screen name is BlakJak-6
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 11:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The jets are an acquired taste. I practiced a fair bit and have around 40 air to air kills but it to some practice. As for strafing runs, gain alt. line it up, and dive to the target to avoid getting mauled while coming in on the deck
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 1:24:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Smitty258:
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
WTF.  You can't kill an enemy with the defibrillator?

I got a kill with the repair torch. I was repairing a tank and a guy ran up to place C4 on it I think, and I charged him with the torch. Took a second but I got the kill!

I've killed a few guys with the EOD bot's blow torch. Guaranteed way to get hate mail.
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 2:12:20 AM EDT
[#7]
i just wanna say how much i love the scout helos.

num num num
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 2:54:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 3:00:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 12:59:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Unlocked the SOFLAM, and I have no idea how to use it.  I place it and walk away.  I thought it's supposed to spot enemies and enemy vehicles automatically.

Link Posted: 11/5/2011 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Unlocked the SOFLAM, and I have no idea how to use it.  I place it and walk away.  I thought it's supposed to spot enemies and enemy vehicles automatically.

all i know is that its almost pointless to use right now since not alot of people have unlocked the javelins and AGMs for the jets and helos.
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#13]

I was under the impression that it was supposed to scan for targets on its own too but so far its not doing that. Damn thing is useless unless you have a friend laying in wait somewhere with a guided AT round.
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#14]

all i know is that its almost pointless to use right now since not alot of people have unlocked the javelins and AGMs for the jets and helos.

Javelin So far for me sucked donkey cock. i just unlocked it against tanks Meh the rpg or Smaw is faster for killing em still.

Then again Mines work best on armored or light skinned vehicles in game.
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CrazedCat:

Javelin So far for me sucked donkey cock. i just unlocked it against tanks Meh the rpg or Smaw is faster for killing em still.

Yep, the problem is that no one knows how to use all the shit like the soflam, and there is no communication before the match. A simple "Hey I've got a soflam," would let me load out with a Javelin instead of thinking it is a useless piece of trash that makes the RPG feel like a fire and forget weapon.
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MadCowRacer:

Yep, the problem is that no one knows how to use all the shit like the soflam, and there is no communication before the match. A simple "Hey I've got a soflam," would let me load out with a Javelin instead of thinking it is a useless piece of trash that makes the RPG feel like a fire and forget weapon.

This is solved by linking up with other like minded people.

My psn is unmotomarine0351
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 12:48:03 AM EDT
[#17]

"Hey, I've got a SOFLAM."

Link Posted: 11/6/2011 3:51:09 AM EDT
[#18]

I'm on constantly though I don't have a high as kill to death ratio as you 1.5 here. Jinxsters Send me a friend request, me and Tyler315 are usually on during the night all the time.
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 6:32:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Jinxsters:

I'm on constantly though I don't have a high as kill to death ratio as you 1.5 here. Jinxsters Send me a friend request, me and Tyler315 are usually on during the night all the time.

crazyboots507 add me i added some of u so far about 95 kills from SCAR being fully unlocked.

SCAR thermal Suppressor Fore grip Equals Rape out to 300 meters if used on single shot 100 meters and in on full auto controlled bursts.

M416 is set up same way.

Link Posted: 11/6/2011 6:56:06 AM EDT
[#20]
I knew the SOFLAM is most effective for spotting vehicles for guided missiles.............but isn't is supposed to spot people too?  I go to place it, and it puts me into the point-of-view mode, and I literally had enemy snipers far away directly centered in my line of sight, and the SOFLAM didn't spot them.  When I backed out the point-of-view mode, the SOFLAM stayed there, and it still didn't spot people.

Am I crazy, or is it not supposed to spot enemy soldiers?

With the Javelin, you need to lock on like normal, and then quickly aim skyward and fire.  It will come down on top of the tank, just like it does when honing in on a SOFLAM-spotted tank.  Apparently, it does far more damage when coming down on top of the tank.  But yeah, otherwise I agree, the Javelin isn't great when firing into the side of a tank like you would an RPG or SMAW.
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#21]
I knew the SOFLAM is most effective for spotting vehicles for guided missiles.............but isn't is supposed to spot people too?  I go to place it, and it puts me into the point-of-view mode, and I literally had enemy snipers far away directly centered in my line of sight, and the SOFLAM didn't spot them.  When I backed out the point-of-view mode, the SOFLAM stayed there, and it still didn't spot people.

With the Javelin, you need to lock on like normal, and then quickly aim skyward and fire.  It will come down on top of the tank, just like it does when honing in on a SOFLAM-spotted tank.  Apparently, it does far more damage when coming down on top of the tank.  But yeah, otherwise I agree, the Javelin isn't great when firing into the side of a tank like you would an RPG or SMAW.

Cool thanks for that info.

what i been doing is going laying 2 or 3 mines sitting back waiting tank goes over mine it gets disabled then from Behind fire 1 or 2 rpg's or smaws into it killing it.

but would like more stand off if possible.
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Cool thanks for that info.

what i been doing is going laying 2 or 3 mines sitting back waiting tank goes over mine it gets disabled then from Behind fire 1 or 2 rpg's or smaws into it killing it.

but would like more stand off if possible.

Yeah, I love me some tank mines.  But I maxed out the Engineer class (well, unlocked all the weapons, anyway) and am trying to max out other classes.  I miss having the mines and a launcher.
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Who approves the platoon invites?

I sent in an app, waiting to hear back.

I'm quite good with aircraft
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#24]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/4309983/4/353404947/

So found out a gun that works in Recon.

Suppressed red dot sighted Laser equipped Ump-45.

got 3 unlocks fast end of day ump is going to be fully unlocked.

Link Posted: 11/6/2011 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#25]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/4309983/4/353404947/

So found out a gun that works in Recon.

Suppressed red dot sighted Laser equipped Ump-45.

got 3 unlocks fast end of day ump is going to be fully unlocked.

Yep ump suppressed with rds vfg rapes.

Link Posted: 11/6/2011 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#26]
The other day I pushed an enemy tank into the water with an Amtrack as he was trying to shoot me.  His tank backs into the water, and he gets out as I run up and pop him in the head.

EPIC LULZ
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#27]

The other day I pushed an enemy tank into the water with an Amtrack as he was trying to shoot me.  His tank backs into the water, and he gets out as I run up and pop him in the head.

EPIC LULZ

Had a guy climb up on the front glacis of my M1, thinking I couldn't blast him.  Switched to the gunners station and got myself a headshot.  Lolz.

Link Posted: 11/6/2011 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Well I just went on a rampage just a little while ago. I wish I would know what my kill streak was on there.
Link Posted: 11/7/2011 6:57:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Well I just went on a rampage just a little while ago. I wish I would know what my kill streak was on there.

It tells you what your highest streak of the match was, on the last "page" when you're between games.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 2:07:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Engineer Question:

Anyone unlocked the SG553 yet - and if so ... how does it rate compared to G36C.

I can't decide if I want to spend the time to unlock it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 2:14:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
Engineer Question:

Anyone unlocked the SG553 yet - and if so ... how does it rate compared to G36C.

im interested in this as well. except i want the EBR
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 3:02:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Engineer Question:

Me too, but damn, it's like 250K points.  I jumped into a co-op game with a random.............and netted 400 points before I got disconnected.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 8:37:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Engineer Question:

Me too, but damn, it's like 250K points.  I jumped into a co-op game with a random.............and netted 400 points before I got disconnected.

Each co op mission supposedly gives between 8k low side to 12k points that i have seen high side.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Engineer Question:

Each co op mission supposedly gives between 8k low side to 12k points that i have seen high side.

There's a video on YouTube where a guy got 100K points in like a 1/2 hour.  There's a level where there's a bank robbery or something, and apparently, if you don't step on the sidewalk, the game won't progress past that point.  (I assume the bad guys come outside once you trigger it)  He stayed in the street and shot the guys who were held up inside the bank (who also happen to follow a very specific routine of where they would stand), and they had an infinite respawn.

Sounds like an easy way to rack up points.  Then again, I think he said it was one of the last co-op levels, so you'd probably have tons of points already anyway.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Evolucion311, myself and a couple of guys squaded up last night.

Comms make the difference!

Unlocked canister and reactive armor for MBTs and working on the CITV station.

Also found an amusing tactic for Nosehair Canal; as RU if you can push the US back to their pocket carrier you can potshot the AAV, LAV, RHIBs and helos with a tank from the shore near objective B.  Once you range in, the LAV and AAV are easy meat since they are so slow in the water.   The RHIBs are more of a challenge since they are speedy little bastards.  Smoking a Little Bird full of assulters on the deck will surely put a smile on your face although it did seem to cause some rage quitting on the opposition.

If in a similar situation, I would load up RHIBs and get a spawn on shore as quick as I could manage.

Looking forward to tearing it up some more tonight.

PSN: JnyJny - Johnny, two times.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Even though we lost that round i was a  Best Engineer Killing Machine Ass whipping machine.

Best round ever for me so far.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/4885372/4/353404947/
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#37]
me and fooboy and pancake were squaded up last night as well.

Jny, what time you getting on? fooboy and i usually rendevous at 2100 EST, but ill surely be on before that.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#38]

me and fooboy and pancake were squaded up last night as well.

Jny, what time you getting on? fooboy and i usually rendevous at 2100 EST, but ill surely be on before that.

I'm usually on after 9pm CST/2200 EST.

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 5:00:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#39]
Nape - I got CITV station for MBT now

We need to get a 3 man squad on comms and tank it up.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Nape - I got CITV station for MBT now :)

So how does that work?  I'm assuming you need to have teammates with laser guided munitions unlocked ( Guided Shells, et al )?

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Fellas is it worth getting a headset to communicate with ur team ?  Or are there too many annoying kids on there that think they know how to talk shit?
Seen one on Amazon for like $20 but really not sure.  Any feedback would be great. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Erik_O:

Nape - I got CITV station for MBT now :)

So how does that work?  I'm assuming you need to have teammates with laser guided munitions unlocked ( Guided Shells, et al )?

It has 360 degree view and you can flip between thermal / normal vision - and laser designate targets.

So - yes, it would be helpful to have the guided shells unlocked... but it also puts a big bulls eye on the target for anyone with guided missles to hit it (javelin, air to air heat seekers, etc).

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ebbtide:
Fellas is it worth getting a headset to communicate with ur team ?  Or are there too many annoying kids on there that think they know how to talk shit?
Seen one on Amazon for like $20 but really not sure.  Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

The squads are auto set up to only communicate with you 4 person squad, so it's just your buddies.

I recommend it.

I recommend getting the PS3 7.1 headphones.  I love mine.  I wrote a review a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#44]

The squads are auto set up to only communicate with you 4 person squad, so it's just your buddies.

I recommend it.

I recommend getting the PS3 7.1 headphones.  I love mine.  I wrote a review a few weeks ago.

Ditto.

I've got Logitech F540s, which were spendy but I like them (wireless, full ear cans, good battery life, many options for multiple source connections ).

I need to work the sound levels so I can hear people over the game.  The AAV in particular is freaking loud, couldn't hear people over the damn thing while driving it.

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Thank you for the quick feedback guys.  Guess my wife will now have something else to rag on me about.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Erik_O:

I recommend it.

Ditto.

I've got Logitech F540s, which were spendy but I like them (wireless, full ear cans, good battery life, many options for multiple source connections ).

I need to work the sound levels so I can hear people over the game.  The AAV in particular is freaking loud, couldn't hear people over the damn thing while driving it.

The PS3 headphones have 2 mix sliders - one for game volume and one for VOIP volume

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#47]
damn i need headphones.

im using the shitty PS3 bluetooth earbud. shitty battery life and pretty low volume.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#48]
damn i need headphones.

im using the shitty PS3 bluetooth earbud. shitty battery life and pretty low volume.

Get the turtle beach PX21 It's worth EVERY penny. The sound, listening to your teammates you can adjust the sound of either or, and both sound like you're sitting right next to your buddy. BTW PS3 users, I'm sick of only seeing Me, tyler315, JC and Stryker on. Where the fuck are the other 40 team members who signed up at?
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Ruzhye
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:11:08 PM EDT
[#50]
damn i need headphones.

Get the turtle beach PX21 It's worth EVERY penny. The sound, listening to your teammates you can adjust the sound of either or, and both sound like you're sitting right next to your buddy. BTW PS3 users, I'm sick of only seeing Me, tyler315, JC and Stryker on. Where the fuck are the other 40 team members who signed up at?

I am on 6:30 am till about 11 am then again later on at night Depends if i am working or not 3rd shift.

I was playing with tyler the other day .Bastage shot me in the face then had me join him.
Page / 210
Official BF3 for PS3 Thread (Page 5 of 210)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top