Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 2/2/2021 1:19:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DocBach]
Last home gym pic thread got deleted after several good pages of posts. Nice to have a place to post pics, ask questions, review, and make recommendations about home gym equipment

Figured I’d restart it as I had to move thanks to divorce and changed my arrangement a bit.

This was my gym before, had a huge garage with tons of space to play with.

Now, I had to rearrange things to fit it all in a one car garage while still having room in it to store my crap.

Planning on making a couple of changes. First, going to add three more 4x6 mats to increase the total area. Second, I had way too many barbells and now the much shorter garage headroom makes it difficult to store so many of them -- literally almost punch a hole in the ceiling every time I go to hang them up. Going to put pretty much all but my curl bar on the local market place and replace them with a 20kg Ohio power bar and just keep it on the J hooks when I'm done with it.

Anyways, let’s see where you home gym guys are lifting in this new year!
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#1]
You've got a nice setup.

Attachment Attached File

Future additions for me are loadable dumbbells, curl bar, and either a GHD or hyperextension bench.

At some point I'd like to get a pully setup. I love cable rows and pushdowns.

I recently swapped the pictured elliptical for a precor.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw your post about making a leveled platform for your rack, turned out awesome

Are you using a regular Ohio bar? It was the first bar I got because there was some promo on it when I bought my rack, but I could never get used to not having center knurling.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing special but enough to get the old heart pumping
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DocBach:
Saw your post about making a leveled platform for your rack, turned out awesome

Are you using a regular Ohio bar? It was the first bar I got because there was some promo on it when I bought my rack, but I could never get used to not having center knurling.
View Quote

Thanks!

And yeah regular Ohio bar, it's what was available at the time so I grabbed it.

I'll eventually get the power bar but this works fine for now.

The knurling on the bars was worn pretty much smooth at the gym I used to go to so I'm sort of used to no center knurl haha.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#5]
My humble basement gym.  Crammed in.

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:02:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

Gym bro getting ready to spot
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:23:32 AM EDT
[#7]
For a while in the summer and fall I think Gym equipment vanished harder and went up in price more than guns and ammo..        Then election day happened so guns and ammo took the lead back.. lol
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Just getting started.

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:46:15 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#10]
If there's one good thing that came out of 2020 it is I finally canceled my 21 year gym membership and did a home gym. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. I was going to a real gym so it wasn't open 24/7 and with my schedule it was a problem, especially during tax seasons.

I'm at the office and no pic but mine looks basically like the one in the first post (Rogue) except my rowing machine is different, I have a treadmill in there that my wife uses and one of my road bikes is on a fluid trainer with a screen in front for Zwift. I also don't have that piece for back extensions.

I can work out any time
No waiting on a station
No being rushed at a station
Finish quicker
Doing exactly what I want and getting a much better workout in

I think the main thing is without 3-4 people waiting on me to get off the bench for example it has allowed me to experiment little by little on adding the proper weight to get a really good workout in as opposed to putting the same old weight on there that I know is safe to do without a spotter.

My wife who is a bit stingy with the compliments has even commented on my arms and chest. During 2020 with the off and on again gym schedule that changed daily I gained 20 lbs and it wasn't muscle. I've lost 24 lbs since my home gym was finished week after Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:15:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Heads up: anybody looking for nuo bell adjustable dumbells — urbnfyt has them available for preorder. Tentative ship date is end of March.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:48:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: corwin1968] [#12]
I've reduced my home gym to a very basic level.  I'm never going to lift huge poundage, nor do I particularly want to.  I'm naturally stocky, so size has never been a major goal.   During trap bar deadlifts, I can feel my right knee shifting on every rep and the sound it makes is frightening.  I'm probably headed for shoulder surgery and moderate weight barbell deadlifts were aggravating it as far back as 2006.  Cardio, dumbbells and a flat bench for the forseable future.

I have enough plates to load each dumbell from 5 pounds to 62.5 pounds, in 2.5 pound increments, with room to spare if I decide to buy more plates.
I'm too lazy to arrange everything enough for a decent picture, so I snatched some images from the internet, showing what I have, except my bench is all black, thankfully.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:52:22 PM EDT
[#13]

I wanted to be able to store more 45lb plates on my rack, my old set of echo bumpers were too wide so I sold them for almost new prices and picked up rogue training plate 2.0s when they had them in stock.

Currently liquidating my barbell collection and consolidating with a single stainless 20kg Ohio power bar that came today.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#14]
It's not much, but what more do you need?

After hearing about everyone not having equipment last year it feels like the YMCA now.

My only issue is the floor joists being too low. I can't do any kind of jumping or explosive overhead lift. I can OHP and push press between them though with no issues.

Eventually I'm going to build an area off the barn as my office/gym, that way I have more room, and the guys that work for me can use it before or after work if they want to.

Attachment Attached File

Titan T2 Rack
Titan Comp Bumpers
A few hundred pounds of cheap iron
Two Texas Power Bars
Homemade T-bar sleeve thing
Mini farmers walk handles (which was a stupid buy because there is no room to walk with them)
Loadable T handle (great buy, use it all the time)
Some random dumbbells I never use.
A few random lightweight bars
Homemade sled for sliding leg curls
Lots of random accesories like handles, clips, mats etc.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I've posted these in other threads but this is my "shed" gym. I've added a cable machine and made some minor changes since these we taken.

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:22:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GUNGUY148] [#16]
Some nice gyms in here. I'm just getting mine going good, my son and I have been building quite a bit of it.

Attachment Attached File

We built/painted/installed this over the last couple days.

ETA: the wife says we have to buy new dumbells so they all match, she's right
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:29:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jcatcg:
I've posted these in other threads but this is my "shed" gym. I've added a cable machine and made some minor changes since these we taken.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/374770/20190917_172814-1093683.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/374770/20190917_172835-1093682.jpg
View Quote

That is pimp
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:56:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Heads up: anybody looking for nuo bell adjustable dumbells — urbnfyt has them available for preorder. Tentative ship date is end of March.
View Quote

Disregard this, if you’re looking for nuobells, finer form has some in stock and shipping for $50 less and free shipping.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Mine is slowly creeping up in functionality.  I started this in April of last year, and was finally able to secure a set of the ironmaster dumbbells a few weeks ago through their lottery system.  

First off, the rack.  Raptor fitness half rack.  Basically a non name brand copy of the Rogue monster lite HR.  3"x3" 11 gauge steel and very solid.  Rep excalibur bar and zerogap bench.  Landmine and dip bar attachments, and a little over 600# worth of plates.  I loaded up on 2.5s, 5s, and 10s because I love dropsets.  

Ironmaster Quicklock adjustables.  Still waiting on the 120# kit through the lottery but these still offer a ton of functionality.  I added the micro plate kit as well so I can work up in 2.5# increments all the way from 10 to 75#...very handy for moving up when working smaller muscles like Bis, Tris, and side delts.

Basic olympic bench.  

Motivation

Next up will be finishing up my cable system on the racks to add a little more versatility.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Last home gym pic thread got deleted after several good pages of posts. Figured I’d restart it as I had to move thanks to divorce and changed my arrangement a bit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/91850/AAC2F5A4-19E5-488E-BE88-3AC8AA77D36B-1642054.jpg

This was my gym before, had a huge garage with tons of space to play with.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/91850/FCC62FFD-8AB8-4AC2-8366-88AD4B64EE96-1807294.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/91850/2986AA14-5CD0-4040-BC02-0053A9A9243F-1807295.jpg
Now, I had to rearrange things to fit it all in a one car garage while still having room in it to store my crap.

Planning on making a couple of changes. First, going to add three more 4x6 mats to increase the total area. Second, I had way too many barbells and now the much shorter garage headroom makes it difficult to store so many of them -- literally almost punch a hole in the ceiling every time I go to hang them up. Going to put pretty much all but my curl bar on the local market place and replace them with a 20kg Ohio power bar and just keep it on the J hooks when I'm done with it.

Anyways, let’s see where you home gym guys are lifting in this new year!
View Quote

Do you use the GHR much?

I want to try one, but they seem pretty single use for the space they take up.

I was thinking a reverse hyper might be a better use of the spot it would go.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:45:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedAndLoaded] [#21]
Finally got my plates in.  Trying to get a set of Ironmaster dumbbells also.  I think I'll be pretty close to set after that besides some smaller plates.

Any suggestions for a beginners lifting program?  I'm going to try out the 5x5 app for now.

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:04:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xXGearheadXx] [#22]
Originally Posted By ArmedAndLoaded:
Finally got my plates in.  Trying to get a set of Ironmaster dumbbells also.  I think I'll be pretty close to set after that besides some smaller plates.

Any suggestions for a beginners lifting program?  I'm going to try out the 5x5 app for now.

https://i.imgur.com/TLm3GR5.jpg
View Quote

SL 5x5 or starting stength would be your best bet for the first 6-12 months.  Don't be afraid to work in isolation stuff on the off days with that program.  

There's more intermediate and advanced programs than I could list, but any program worth its salt will be built around the big 5 (bench, OHP, heavy rows, squat, deadlift) and have a progression system built into it.  Try to find what split (i.e. what days, and how many days you work out) you can realistically and consistently do and build your program around that.  

For the plates:

2x45.  Add more pairs as your big lifts get bigger.  
2x25
4x10
2x5
2x2.5

This will allow you to work up with the bar in 5# increments, which is what you want to be doing.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By xXGearheadXx:

SL 5x5 or starting stength would be your best bet for the first 6-12 months.  Don't be afraid to work in isolation stuff on the off days with that program.  

There's more intermediate and advanced programs than I could list, but any program worth its salt will be built around the big 5 (bench, OHP, heavy rows, squat, deadlift) and have a progression system built into it.  Try to find what split (i.e. what days, and how many days you work out) you can realistically and consistently do and build your program around that.  

For the plates:

2x25
4x10
2x5
2x2.5

This will allow you to work up with the bar in 5# increments, which is what you want to be doing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

For the plates:

2x25
4x10
2x5
2x2.5

I've been messing with greyskull lp. I like it, doesn't take as long as 5x5, and reloads are better than SS.

I do my 3x5 sets then two back off sets at 85% working weight.

They don't scold you for adding in some isolation either.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:56:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xXGearheadXx] [#24]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

I've been messing with greyskull lp. I like it, doesn't take as long as 5x5, and reloads are better than SS.

View Quote

Never heard of that one...Am i reading it right that greyskull omits OHP and Bent over rows?  
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Depends what your goals are.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Never heard of that one...Am i reading it right that greyskull omits OHP and Bent over rows?  
View All Quotes

You can sort of set it up however you want.

Phrak's version is the most well rounded.

Right now this is how I'm doing it, basically a push/pull format, M,W,F. I'm trying to get my squat back up after taking a long time off. Not benching, because I hate it, and OHP makes my shoulders feel way better.

A Day

Squat 2x5 1x5+ 2xwhatever @ 85%
OHP - Same
Landmine Press 3x10
BB Curl - 3x10

B Day

Deadlift 2x5 1x5+ 2xwhatever @ 85%
Weighted Chinup - same except backoff sets are at bodyweight
T bar row - 3x10
Tricep Pushdown - 3x10

Then 10 minutes of conditioning, with whatever implements or exercises to compliment the work of the day.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:18:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xXGearheadXx] [#27]

https://physiqz.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Phraks-Greyskull-LP.jpg

Right now this is how I'm doing it, basically a push/pull format, M,W,F. I'm trying to get my squat back up after taking a long time off. Not benching, because I hate it, and OHP makes my shoulders feel way better.

A Day

OHP - Same
Landmine Press 3x10
BB Curl - 3x10

B Day

T bar row - 3x10
Tricep Pushdown - 3x10

Then 10 minutes of conditioning, with whatever implements or exercises to compliment the work of the day.
View Quote

Got it.  I just quick scanned the interwebs and found only alternating bench / dead / squat variants.  No mention of any variants adding arms, rows, OHP.  Looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Got it.  I just quick scanned the interwebs and found only alternating bench / dead / squat variants.  No mention of any variants adding arms, rows, OHP.  Looks pretty good.
View All Quotes

https://physiqz.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Phraks-Greyskull-LP.jpg

A Day

OHP - Same
Landmine Press 3x10
BB Curl - 3x10

B Day

T bar row - 3x10
Tricep Pushdown - 3x10

He has a whole book with all the different stuff, but all the info you need is right online.

Basically it's the same rep ranges and frequency as SS, with slower progression, and a different system of deloading. The idea being that when you deload you are both accumulating volume and staying motivated by setting new rep PRs with each weight as you ramp back up.

You rapidly end up working in 3x5 for awhile as you start to limit out your AMRAP sets.

It just makes sense to me, and it's nice you can mix and match it, plus you don't have to squat 3x a week.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Do you use the GHR much?

I want to try one, but they seem pretty single use for the space they take up.

I was thinking a reverse hyper might be a better use of the spot it would go.
View Quote

I do GHRs on days I don't deadlift. Also use it for situps sometimes.

Probably could live without it, but GHRs do feel challenging (especially with added weight like a PC or medicine ball) and I feel better about myself after beasting through them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#30]

For the plates:

2x25
4x10
2x5
2x2.5

View All Quotes

For the plates:

2x25
4x10
2x5
2x2.5

Thanks!

Originally Posted By LoneCoyoteHunter:

Just trying to get in better general shape.  I wouldn't be upset with a better physique either.

Spent most of my life neglecting my health.  Trying to make good habits instead of bad now.  I lost 25 pounds over a few months recently and I'm already feeling a lot less fatigue, even without a ton of exercise.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Thanks!

Just trying to get in better general shape.  I wouldn't be upset with a better physique either.

Spent most of my life neglecting my health.  Trying to make good habits instead of bad now.  I lost 25 pounds over a few months recently and I'm already feeling a lot less fatigue, even without a ton of exercise.  
View All Quotes

For the plates:

2x25
4x10
2x5
2x2.5

Thanks!

You can pick any reasonable program then and just try it for a few weeks. If you hate it, pick a different one.

Reasonable is the key word, anything from men's health or t nation is probably a bad idea. Something with volume that a normal person can handle and logical progression is where it's at.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#32]

Thanks!

View All Quotes

For the plates:

2x25
4x10
2x5
2x2.5

Thanks!

For physique, you want a hypertrophy centric program (with higher rep volume and accessory lifts ) vs a purely strength based program.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Finally got around to installing trailer hold downs for banded deadlifts.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#34]
I don't think I've made any progress since I posted it 7 years ago. Most of my attention has been diverted to the opposite corner of the basement where I'm attempting to build a bedroom & bathroom for my oldest. That has been a real pain in the dick

I did get around to bolting the rack down after having it walk around on me for 7 years, and installed the band pegs which I probably have no use for. Really about all I would like to change or add is to upgrade the rickety POS FID bench and find a couple of heavier dumbbells. I keep thinking about buying a SSB too but I just can't seem to turn loose of the cash not knowing if I will even like it. I've been having a lot of squat grip induced 'itis lately, but I also have a patellar tendon that gets pissed off all the time so I'm not sure if the SSB will put me into the knees too much or not.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By jcatcg:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/374770/20190917_172814-1093683.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/374770/20190917_172835-1093682.jpg
View Quote

You found a way to use every bit of space. Very nice!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:22:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bophades45] [#36]
Delete
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By BASE:
I don't think I've made any progress since I posted it 7 years ago. Most of my attention has been diverted to the opposite corner of the basement where I'm attempting to build a bedroom & bathroom for my oldest. That has been a real pain in the dick

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/196570/IMG_1440-1837861.jpg

I did get around to bolting the rack down after having it walk around on me for 7 years, and installed the band pegs which I probably have no use for. Really about all I would like to change or add is to upgrade the rickety POS FID bench and find a couple of heavier dumbbells. I keep thinking about buying a SSB too but I just can't seem to turn loose of the cash not knowing if I will even like it. I've been having a lot of squat grip induced 'itis lately, but I also have a patellar tendon that gets pissed off all the time so I'm not sure if the SSB will put me into the knees too much or not.
View Quote

Nice set up, I really like the look of those dumbells
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:52:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DocBach] [#38]

Sold my 5-50lb hex dumbells for $1000 and was able to snag a 80lb nuobell set from finer form when they had them in stock last week.

So far, they seem pretty cool, but the plastic around the selector area seems like it could definitely develop into a weak point. The stand is also kinda flimsy; it shakes pretty good whenever I re-rack the dumbbells.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#39]
No pictures yet as my garage gym is currently unusable due to rearranging garage.

BUT.

I've gotten lucky with putting one together, the only thing I've paid real price for was a Rogue Ohio Power bar.

picked up a reasonable cage for $300ish, has a full pull up bar, bars for band work, and safety bars and 2 set of hooks.

Picked up a pair of 45s and 35s for a $100 off Craigslist weeks ago

Today I picked up a pair of 45s, 35s and 25s off a guy who was PCSing. He threw in a bench, a rando Oly bar and a pair of 25, 35 and 45 dumbells. For $220.

The next thing is to jury rig a pulley system for accessory work.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:10:18 AM EDT
[#40]
No pictures yet as my garage gym is currently unusable due to rearranging garage.

BUT.

I've gotten lucky with putting one together, the only thing I've paid real price for was a Rogue Ohio Power bar.

picked up a reasonable cage for $300ish, has a full pull up bar, bars for band work, and safety bars and 2 set of hooks.

Today I picked up a pair of 45s, 35s and 25s off a guy who was PCSing. He threw in a bench, a rando Oly bar and a pair of 25, 35 and 45 dumbells. For $220.

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:

BUT.

View Quote

Not bad at all.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:30:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bophades45] [#42]
delete
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#43]
That's a hell of a nice home set  up.
I'm stuck with a pair of bow flex dumbbell works well but since I lack the space for any thing more.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#44]
You all have some great home gyms.  I have a collapsible dip stand, a doorway pull up bar and some dumbbells.  Not even going to post pics, it's pathetic.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Spleenless-Dave:
You all have some great home gyms.  I have a collapsible dip stand, a doorway pull up bar and some dumbbells.  Not even going to post pics, it's pathetic.  
View Quote

I worked out for a year with two 25 lb dumbells, a doorway pullup bar and a homemade set of rings.

I wasn't Adonis, but I looked pretty okay naked.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 2:23:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By alexdad:
If there's one good thing that came out of 2020 it is I finally canceled my 21 year gym membership and did a home gym. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. I was going to a real gym so it wasn't open 24/7 and with my schedule it was a problem, especially during tax seasons.

I'm at the office and no pic but mine looks basically like the one in the first post (Rogue) except my rowing machine is different, I have a treadmill in there that my wife uses and one of my road bikes is on a fluid trainer with a screen in front for Zwift. I also don't have that piece for back extensions.

I can work out any time
No waiting on a station
No being rushed at a station
Finish quicker
Doing exactly what I want and getting a much better workout in

I think the main thing is without 3-4 people waiting on me to get off the bench for example it has allowed me to experiment little by little on adding the proper weight to get a really good workout in as opposed to putting the same old weight on there that I know is safe to do without a spotter.

My wife who is a bit stingy with the compliments has even commented on my arms and chest. During 2020 with the off and on again gym schedule that changed daily I gained 20 lbs and it wasn't muscle. I've lost 24 lbs since my home gym was finished week after Thanksgiving.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Could not agree more brother.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Some nice gyms ya'll have.

Here's mine as it is now.

Waiting on the last two boxes from Rogue to finish the GHD.

Near term plan is to replace the PRx half rack with an RM6. When the wife asked to build a gym in the shop, I didn't want to use much space so I made her get a fold up half. Since I started working out I've changed my mind .
I also need to scrounge up some square steel tube and fab up a weight tree to get the bumpers off the floor.

Further out I want to get a 5-75 lb set of Rep hex rubber dumbbells. I like the straight full knurl handles. Maybe also an FT one day. Oh...and some rubber grip plates.

For those looking a stall mats for their gym - I highly recommend the Rural King mats over Tractor Supply. I started with 4 mats from TS. They ranged in size from 5'11' to 5'11-3/4' long. and 3'11' to 3'11-1/2' wide. I picked up 15 more from RK and (with one exception) they were all 6'1/8 to 6'1/4' long and 4'1/8' to 4'1/4 wide. The exception was 6'1/2" long.
RK mats were $6 cheaper, did not stink, MUCH more consistently sized. And the texture is a lot more comfortable.

RK mat texture

TS mat

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Got me some new iron!
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 6:46:22 AM EDT
[#49]

That logo
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 7:41:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By SubQ:
Some nice gyms ya'll have.

Here's mine as it is now.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-4q9thS5/0/7956ab4d/L/i-4q9thS5-L.jpg

Waiting on the last two boxes from Rogue to finish the GHD.

Near term plan is to replace the PRx half rack with an RM6. When the wife asked to build a gym in the shop, I didn't want to use much space so I made her get a fold up half. Since I started working out I've changed my mind .
I also need to scrounge up some square steel tube and fab up a weight tree to get the bumpers off the floor.

Further out I want to get a 5-75 lb set of Rep hex rubber dumbbells. I like the straight full knurl handles. Maybe also an FT one day. Oh...and some rubber grip plates.

For those looking a stall mats for their gym - I highly recommend the Rural King mats over Tractor Supply. I started with 4 mats from TS. They ranged in size from 5'11' to 5'11-3/4' long. and 3'11' to 3'11-1/2' wide. I picked up 15 more from RK and (with one exception) they were all 6'1/8 to 6'1/4' long and 4'1/8' to 4'1/4 wide. The exception was 6'1/2" long.
RK mats were $6 cheaper, did not stink, MUCH more consistently sized. And the texture is a lot more comfortable.

RK mat texture
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BRmdg9P/0/7715e482/L/i-BRmdg9P-L.jpg

TS mat
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-Mpz5mXS/0/4697028a/L/i-Mpz5mXS-L.jpg
View Quote
All that space
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top