Link Posted: 3/21/2020 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

He looks five years older than Tom Brady, not five years younger.

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Jesus...that's a lot of good RB's they have now. Elway is going with the Bill O'Brien strategy I guess.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus...that's a lot of good RB's they have now. Elway is going with the Bill O'Brien strategy I guess.

i heard gordon also turned down a bigger offer so he could 'stick it to' the chargers twice a year.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

yikes, and in what's arguable becoming one of the toughest divisions in football.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

One of those two has a cultish attitude towards diet and exercise.

The other seems to have done their physical therapy at Denny's.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

yikes, and in what's arguable becoming one of the toughest divisions in football.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NFC West has been the toughest for years.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

eh.. rams just got relevant last couple years, niners just hit stride this year, seattle has been the main constant.

but it looks like the niners and hawks are there to stay for a bit, and arizona is trending upwards, rams blew their load to try to win it all a couple years ago so it seems like they'll have a tough climb up the next couple seasons at least.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

eh.. rams just got relevant last couple years, niners just hit stride this year, seattle has been the main constant.

but it looks like the niners and hawks are there to stay for a bit, and arizona is trending upwards, rams blew their load to try to win it all a couple years ago so it seems like they'll have a tough climb up the next couple seasons at least.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2019 was the first time the 49ers have had a winning season since 2013. They were .500 in '14, and straight up bad in '15-18.

2017 was the Rams first winning season since 2003. They bet their future on a Super Bowl run for '18-19, and they didn't make it. Their outlook is pretty dark right about now. That Jalen Ramsey trade was probably the nail in the coffin for their window.

The Cards made some bad decisions, but they might be coming through as a viable team.

I agree the Seahawks have mostly led that division. They've had winning records every year since 2012, and 2017 is the only year in that span in which they missed the playoffs. But I think their coaching and management strategy is straight up wasting Russel Wilson's career. They aren't supporting him with roster construction, and they are stupidly obsessed with rushing.

I think the reality is that divisions have points where two or more teams pass each other in their competitive windows. The AFC West was there in 2013-2016. The NFC West is probably there. The NFC North might be there.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
Yukon Cornelius

Big Ben needs to lose weight and do some yoga.
He looked slow when he played a few games last season.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The NFC North might be there.
View Quote

How so?

GB has obviously been the better team since the early 90's but the division churns quite frequently.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

2019 was the first time the 49ers have had a winning season since 2013. They were .500 in '14, and straight up bad in '15-18.

2017 was the Rams first winning season since 2003. They bet their future on a Super Bowl run for '18-19, and they didn't make it. Their outlook is pretty dark right about now. That Jalen Ramsey trade was probably the nail in the coffin for their window.

The Cards made some bad decisions, but they might be coming through as a viable team.

I agree the Seahawks have mostly led that division. They've had winning records every year since 2012, and 2017 is the only year in that span in which they missed the playoffs. But I think their coaching and management strategy is straight up wasting Russel Wilson's career. They aren't supporting him with roster construction, and they are stupidly obsessed with rushing.

I think the reality is that divisions have points where two or more teams pass each other in their competitive windows. The AFC West was there in 2013-2016. The NFC West is probably there. The NFC North might be there.
View Quote

The AFC North was quite competitive other than the Browns in the earlier part of the last decade.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#13]
XFL is done for the season. they'll continue to pay the guys, and i'm pretty sure they had a two year contract, so hopefully for the teams they'll be back next year. talk about some shit luck.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Still trying to wrap my mind around Tom Brady playing football for a team other than the Patriots.

I truly hope he lights the league on fire this fall. Heck, I hope he wins the Super Bowl (fat chance, but I still would love to see it).
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 11:41:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Still trying to wrap my mind around Tom Brady playing football for a team other than the Patriots.

I truly hope he lights the league on fire this fall. Heck, I hope he wins the Super Bowl (fat chance, but I still would love to see it).
View Quote
I'm really excited. BB is a douche bag and I want to see how he does without TB.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:13:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm really excited. BB is a douche bag and I want to see how he does without TB.
View Quote

He just signed Hoyer the Destroyer. It’s business as usual for BB.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What’s interesting is it seems about just as many people are saying “TB is a douche bag and I want to see how he does without BB.”
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What’s interesting is it seems about just as many people are saying “TB is a douche bad and I want to see how he does without BB.”
View Quote

That seems to be the million dollar question. How each does without the other. This is certainly going to be an interesting season coming up. I'm excited.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What's interesting is it seems about just as many people are saying "TB is a douche bag and I want to see how he does without BB."
View Quote
Which people?  I haven't heard that at all.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't stated it but must admit I thought it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#22]
The Chiefs are going to repeat...that is all...LOL
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:12:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That seems to be the million dollar question. How each does without the other. This is certainly going to be an interesting season coming up. I'm excited.
View Quote

Exactly. The debate between TB or BB being the more important reason for NE's success has been going on for awhile. I never thought we'd get a chance to see them have a shot at ending that debate.

I mean, BB is in a really bad spot to succeed even if he still had TB, but if he does that is even more impressive.

TB12 has improved the roster around him, but the organization doesn't have the best history of success so if he brings them some more that is even more impressive than winning in a place like SF or NE.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Every time I think I understand NFL salary structures, I learn something new about how little I know.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Panthers are signing XFL QB PJ Walker

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The new Rams logo is official: https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1242165515042181121

View Quote

If they were trying to make it look like a Chargers logo, they couldn't do a better job.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The new Rams logo is official: https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1242165515042181121

View Quote

From the same tweet lol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Is that not Joe Thornton?
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#30]

The one full of dust and cobwebs belongs to Dallas.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Another one:

Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Another one:

View Quote

I wonder if he never healed properly. Given last year, it seems a stupid move if it is for cap space.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Another one:

View Quote

$$$ move, I'm sure. Still shocking.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's interesting is it seems about just as many people are saying "TB is a douche bag and I want to see how he does without BB."

You haven’t heard people say they want to see how Belichick does without Brady?

Well I guess as much as you seem focused on the Cowboys it’s somewhat understandable.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You are obsessed and I love it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

That 104.4 QBR is very impressive considering a perfect QBR is 100.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#37]
It says a lot when Rivera reportedly has zero interest in Cam Newton and instead the Skins trade for his backup.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

to be fair, dust and cobwebs and 5 Super Bowl Trophies.

More than anyone but SF, Pitt, and NE

Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It says a lot when Rivera reportedly has zero interest in Cam Newton and instead the Skins trade for his backup.
View Quote

That's not exactly apples to apples.

Newton, if traded, would have a $19.1M cap hit.

Kyle Allen's is $675k.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That 104.4 QBR is very impressive considering a perfect QBR is 100.
View Quote

That's elite!

I think they just brain farted and labeled passer rating as QBR
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dagger talking about the Cowboys is like a libtard talking about Trump.  A seething obsessive hatred and not much logic.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Kyle Allen's is $675k.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kyle Allen's is $675k.

Its not that the Skins signed Allen.  It’s that Newton’s former coach has reportedly zero interest in him.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Dagger talking about the Cowboys is like a libtard talking about Trump.  A seething obsessive hatred and not much logic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought it was his first post of this thread, but he posted about Winston on page 1.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Its not that the Skins signed Allen.  It’s that Newton’s former coach has reportedly zero interest in him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kyle Allen's is $675k.

It's more complicated than that.

Consider the following questions:

What does Newton offer a new team?

What does it cost for a team to acquire Newton?

What is the situation of the team that is considering Newton?

How does the receiving team conduct physicals with all the COVID lockdowns?

The math doesn't look good. Newton is a pretty risky candidate, and there are options on the market that are more appealing, more affordable, or both.

The other major piece is the fact that, as of now, a receiving team would have to give Carolina assets and take on Newton's existing contract. The receiving team would also be doing so with the knowledge that Newton is almost guaranteed to be cut. There's only one Bill O'Brien in this league, and I don't think he's shopping for QBs right now, so I'm going to guess no other team is happy about the idea of making that move. Wait for the cut, then sign him for the sort of $5-10M prove-it deal that allows the team the option to cut bait after one year if he's bad or have exclusive rights to him if he's good enough.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

IIRC in relation to how those incentives work versus LV's cap space, is that those incentives are judged by some kind of "probable" vs "improbable" criteria. Assuming that the majority of those incentives fall into the "improbable" category and wouldn't limit LV's cap, then that is an awesome way to structure a deal for a high level backup/potential starter.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The math doesn't look good. Newton is a pretty risky candidate, and there are options on the market that are more appealing, more affordable, or both.

The other major piece is the fact that, as of now, a receiving team would have to give Carolina assets and take on Newton's existing contract. The receiving team would also be doing so with the knowledge that Newton is almost guaranteed to be cut. There's only one Bill O'Brien in this league, and I don't think he's shopping for QBs right now, so I'm going to guess no other team is happy about the idea of making that move. Wait for the cut, then sign him for the sort of $5-10M prove-it deal that allows the team the option to cut bait after one year if he's bad or have exclusive rights to him if he's good enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kyle Allen's is $675k.

You’re talking about “not giving serious consideration to.”  I’m talking about “zero interest.”  Like not even throwing out a low ball offer where the Panthers pick up the majority of his remaining salary.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You’re talking about “not giving serious consideration to.”  I’m talking about “zero interest.”  Like not even throwing out a low ball offer where the Panthers pick up the majority of his remaining salary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kyle Allen's is $675k.

Why would the Panthers do that? They're on the hook for $2M in dead money regardless of the terms of Newton's departure.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Why would the Panthers do that? They're on the hook for $2M in dead money regardless of the terms of Newton's departure.
View Quote

Exactly. The only reason the Panthers have to take on Cam's contract is if they get enough compensation in trade to do so. Just like with Todd Gurley, nobody is going to trade for a guy that is clearly going to be cut. Also, Cam's cap hit isn't crazy high but the guy does have question marks about him so it's possible his contract may still be higher than many teams faith in him, so letting the Panthers cut him and allowing teams to negotiate their own deal is a bonus.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kyle Allen's is $675k.

They wouldn’t.

Then again with what the Texans have been doing those longshot low ball offers don’t seem quite so far fetched.
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top