Site Notices
Page / 415
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's a fun one.
X-Axis is estimated cap space for 2021.
Y-Axis is "value" of currently owned 2021 draft picks.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EryUuGJUYAQlxcC?format=png&name=4096x4096
View Quote

His draft pick values are pretty different from what's shown on Tankathon: http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/power_rankings

I think 2020 is Super Bowl or bust for the Saints. When this season is over, I don't think rebuilding is optional for them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

His draft pick values are pretty different from what's shown on Tankathon: http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/power_rankings

I think 2020 is Super Bowl or bust for the Saints. When this season is over, I don't think rebuilding is optional for them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's a fun one.
X-Axis is estimated cap space for 2021.
Y-Axis is "value" of currently owned 2021 draft picks.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EryUuGJUYAQlxcC?format=png&name=4096x4096

All the sources have been reporting this is it for Brees. That while not official he has told people this is the end for him. They sure as fuck aren't getting to a Super Bowl with Taysom Hill at QB. So yes. This is it.

Moving forward they have no cap space, no draft capitol, and a mediocre QB.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/images/13a2e833b7bff026003fdf3cc6d80633/tenor.gif
View Quote

So the favorite to become the Lions' next HC is a TEs coach that's never even been a coordinator at any level?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So the favorite to become the Lions' next HC is a TEs coach that's never even been a coordinator at any level?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/images/13a2e833b7bff026003fdf3cc6d80633/tenor.gif

Its the Lions. Don't expect too much
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Cooper Kupp?
I may be a little biassed, but he is an example to all NFL players on how to act on and off the field
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What makes it worse is people were posting gifs of Claypool acting completely classless during games.  He's coming off as a whiny, hypocritical, petulant, bitch.

Well he's a WR, so...

Fitz is the exception to the rule

Cooper Kupp?
I may be a little biassed, but he is an example to all NFL players on how to act on and off the field

I agree.

He comes from a really nice family too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well they failed when hiring a notable DC, maybe going the exact opposite route seems logical?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Shit.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Shit.

View Quote

Don't worry, I have it on good authority that "the Browns is the Browns."
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit.

Both of those are huge.

"Playoff Sammy" has been good for ~100 yards a game, and he tends to get those in seriously clutch situations. He also opens opportunities for Hill and Kelce. Hardman and DRob aren't filling that hole.

Gay is KC's only athletic linebacker. The other dudes are slow. If the Browns play that same quick pass offense they played last week with lots of targets going to Hunt, Chubb, and the TEs against Niemann and Sorensen, I don't see the Chiefs forcing enough stops.

Cleveland's chances are much better than anyone is acknowledging.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Both of those are huge.

"Playoff Sammy" has been good for ~100 yards a game, and he tends to get those in seriously clutch situations. He also opens opportunities for Hill and Kelce. Hardman and DRob aren't filling that hole.

Gay is KC's only athletic linebacker. The other dudes are slow. If the Browns play that same quick pass offense they played last week with lots of targets going to Hunt, Chubb, and the TEs against Niemann and Sorensen, I don't see the Chiefs forcing enough stops.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit.

Both of those are huge.

And yet the line hasn't moved at all.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit.

Both of those are huge.

It was announced ~40 minutes ago. How quickly are those usually adjusted?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:56:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit.

Both of those are huge.

If an NFL player being declared out was going to move the line it wouldn't take more than a few minutes.  Like maybe 10 tops.  Especially in the playoffs.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hypothetical question:
Would the Patriots have had a winning record if they signed Dalton instead of Newton?

My guess is yes.
View Quote

I don’t understand what they were trying to do this season. From what I saw hoyer was an upgrade over Newton and Stydham didn’t really look any worse. It’s almost as if they wanted to start Cam every week to show how bad he was.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If an NFL player being declared out was going to move the line it wouldn't take more than a few minutes.  Like maybe 10 tops.  Especially in the playoffs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit.

Both of those are huge.

I have major skepticism of both this matchup and the way it's being perceived.

This isn't that good of a matchup for the Chiefs, and the Chiefs haven't really looked like the Chiefs for months.

The only positive sign I see for the Chiefs is that the Browns needed 5 turnovers to do what they did last week.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don’t understand what they were trying to do this season. From what I saw hoyer was an upgrade over Newton and Stydham didn’t really look any worse. It’s almost as if they wanted to start Cam every week to show how bad he was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hypothetical question:
Would the Patriots have had a winning record if they signed Dalton instead of Newton?

My guess is yes.

Belichick is the one who finally crushed Tebow's NFL dreams. Perhaps Darth Hoodie wanted to do it to Newton as well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well they failed when hiring a notable DC, maybe going the exact opposite route seems logical?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How well did Judge work out for the Giants?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Regarding Tua and the Dolphins. What has changed from a year ago with what you see in him? As far as I can tell, going into this draft season, he's exactly the same QB prospect he was a year ago. Lots of potential, pretty accurate, and a limited arm and mobility. Why would they move off him this draft?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Regarding Tua and the Dolphins. What has changed from a year ago with what you see in him? As far as I can tell, going into this draft season, he's exactly the same QB prospect he was a year ago. Lots of potential, pretty accurate, and a limited arm and mobility. Why would they move off him this draft?
View Quote

He had to rehab a major injury, didn't get a full off season with his team, and didn't get 1st team reps until almost halfway through the season. Hard to judge a rookie QB's future with that type of limitation involved IMO. People also need to give the Dolphins time to build a team around his strengths. If his deep ball isn't all that great then they need to focus on slot type guys not straight line speed threats.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#22]
*BILLS*

Yeah

or

Nohhhhhhhhhh?

Vegas seems to say yes, but we lost .5 since the last time I checked.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hypothetical question:

My guess is yes.

This isn't difficult.

Brady QBR by year:

2016 - 79.4 (QB2)

2017 - 70.6 (QB3)

2018 - 68.4 (QB6)

*Gronk retires, only Edelman remains as an established receiver*

2019 - 55.7 (QB17)

*Brady goes to Tampa*

2020 - 72.8 (QB9)

One of the biggest debates of 2019 was whether or not Old Man Tom was washed or if the offense around him was failing him. Were NE's new WRs busts, or did the old guy have trouble developing chemistry with dudes 20 years younger?

We know the answer to that now. Despite moving into a new system on a new team in a year with no camp or pre-season, Old Man Tom is back in the top-10 despite being below average last year. The odds are against him, and yet, there he is.

Looking back at NE, we're talking about the system that set the conditions for Brady to have his worst season in a decade by a noticeable margin. And they've done nothing to fix that. What QB would you expect to be successful there?

2020 was the beginning of NE's rebuild.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This isn't difficult.

Brady QBR by year:

2016 - 79.4 (QB2)

2017 - 70.6 (QB3)

2018 - 68.4 (QB6)

2019 - 55.7 (QB17)

*Brady goes to Tampa*

2020 - 72.8 (QB9)

One of the biggest debates of 2019 was whether or not Old Man Tom was washed or if the offense around him was failing him. Were NE's new WRs busts, or did the old guy have trouble developing chemistry with dudes 20 years younger?

We know the answer to that now. Despite moving into a new system on a new team in a year with no camp or pre-season, Old Man Tom is back in the top-10 despite being below average last year. The odds are against him, and yet, there he is.

Looking back at NE, we're talking about the system that set the conditions for Brady to have his worst season in a decade by a noticeable margin. And they've done nothing to fix that. What QB would you expect to be successful there?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hypothetical question:

My guess is yes.

I don't understand what they were trying to do this season. From what I saw hoyer was an upgrade over Newton and Stydham didn't really look any worse. It's almost as if they wanted to start Cam every week to show how bad he was.

This isn't difficult.

Brady QBR by year:

2016 - 79.4 (QB2)

2017 - 70.6 (QB3)

2018 - 68.4 (QB6)

2019 - 55.7 (QB17)

*Brady goes to Tampa*

2020 - 72.8 (QB9)

I don't even think it was a debate for people who followed New England. It was obvious the offense he was given was garbage and I think it made it much easier to accept him leaving. We all saw him being left out to dry as far as the offense went last season. The team handed him a pile of shit and told him to make it shine. So to see him basically say, "Fuck this" and leave to a seriously stacked Tampa team to try and make one last run? Good for him, best wishes, thank you for everything.

2019 was tied for his 3rd worst comp% of his 20 year career, 2nd worst in the last 15 years.
Was his 2nd lowest yardage total in the last 10 years.
Was tied for his 3rd lowest TD total of his 20 years, worst in the last 10 years.
Was his 2nd lowest passer rating total in the last 10 years.

Compared to his total 20 year career averages, he was 5-25% lower last season in every category, and they still won 12 fucking games. A large contributor to that was their defense which was #1 in scoring, #2 against the pass and #6 against the run. But that defense is older, it's expensive, contracts are expiring, players skipped this year due to Covid, it is gone.

Meanwhile the Patriots have not been drafting well the last 5-10 years. Vast majority of their talent has come outside the draft. They have a lot of cap space right now, but not a ton of draft capital. They could be in for some rough years ahead.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Both of those are huge.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit.

Both of those are huge.

I'm being sarcastic. I realize those injuries are huge for KC, and even prior to that I think the Browns have the ability to win that game.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Now official:

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I don't even think it was a debate for people who followed New England. It was obvious the offense he was given was garbage and I think it made it much easier to accept him leaving. We all saw him being left out to dry as far as the offense went last season. The team handed him a pile of shit and told him to make it shine. So to see him basically say, "Fuck this" and leave to a seriously stacked Tampa team to try and make one last run? Good for him, best wishes, thank you for everything.

2019 was tied for his 3rd worst comp% of his 20 year career, 2nd worst in the last 15 years.
Was tied for his 3rd lowest TD total of his 20 years, worst in the last 10 years.

Compared to his total 20 year career averages, he was 5-25% lower last season in every category, and they still won 12 fucking games. A large contributor to that was their defense which was #1 in scoring, #2 against the pass and #6 against the run. But that defense is older, it's expensive, contracts are expiring, players skipped this year due to Covid, it is gone.

Meanwhile the Patriots have not been drafting well the last 5-10 years. Vast majority of their talent has come outside the draft. They have a lot of cap space right now, but not a ton of draft capital. They could be in for some rough years ahead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hypothetical question:

My guess is yes.

I don't understand what they were trying to do this season. From what I saw hoyer was an upgrade over Newton and Stydham didn't really look any worse. It's almost as if they wanted to start Cam every week to show how bad he was.

This isn't difficult.

Brady QBR by year:

2016 - 79.4 (QB2)

2017 - 70.6 (QB3)

2018 - 68.4 (QB6)

2019 - 55.7 (QB17)

*Brady goes to Tampa*

2020 - 72.8 (QB9)

Patriots fans were always going to defend Brady. It's basically a religion.

For football fans outside the world of the Patriots, it's not hard to make the assumption that a 40-something year old QB was regressing because he was 40-something years old. That's not exactly a stretch.

And he is regressing. If 2017 Tom Brady played for the 2020 Bucs, that offense would be on a whole different level.

The future of the Patriots looks pretty damn sketchy. When they get their COVID opt out guys back, that defense should be pretty good for another season or two. Maybe that's something to build around, or maybe that sets them up for sustained mediocrity as it keeps the salary spending high and the draft capital low.

It was only recently that I came to realize just how badly the Patriots have been drafting. Their most reason First Team All Pro selection was Chandler Jones in the 2012 draft. From 2013 onward, their only Pro Bowlers are LB Jamie Collins (2013 draft, 2015 Pro Bowl) and punter Jake Bailey (2019 draft, 2020 Pro Bowl). That's astonishing.

If the Patriots don't fix whatever is wrong with their scouting and drafting processes, they're going nowhere.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It was only recently that I came to realize just how badly the Patriots have been drafting. Their most reason First Team All Pro selection was Chandler Jones in the 2012 draft. From 2013 onward, their only Pro Bowlers are LB Jamie Collins (2013 draft, 2015 Pro Bowl) and punter Jake Bailey (2019 draft, 2020 Pro Bowl). That's astonishing.

If the Patriots don't fix whatever is wrong with their scouting and drafting processes, they're going nowhere.
View Quote

The Patriots Director of Player Personnel (since Bill is the "GM") has been Nick Caserio for the last dozen years. He was just hired by the Texans.

So good riddance, god bless and good luck with that shit heap in Houston.

Dave Ziegler, who was his assistant, was in the running for the Bronco's GM job, but he just declined it, pulled out, will remain with the Patriots. So I am wondering if the Patriots have offered him Nick's position. I am hoping NO. I would prefer a new look, bring in someone else to give Bill a fresh perspective and hopefully turn that drafting around.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:25:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like y'alls favorite Cowboys fan has had some.... enhancements.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/143611/tomi_lauren_JPG-1780227.JPG
View Quote

Thats a shame. Nothing wrong with what she was sporting before
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#32]
So what's the consensus on Eric Bieniemy?  Overrated?  Poor interviewer?  His past (youthful) troubles a still a hurdle?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

For football fans outside the world of the Patriots, it's not hard to make the assumption that a 40-something year old QB was regressing because he was 40-something years old. That's not exactly a stretch.

And he is regressing. If 2017 Tom Brady played for the 2020 Bucs, that offense would be on a whole different level.

View Quote

Brady's 2020 season seems pretty comparable to his 2011 season outside of yardage. It compares favorably to the 2018 Superbowl season as well. In a few categories it bests his 2017 season. Considering Bruce Arians high risk scheme, dimnished training time, and having to get on the same page with new recievers, more interceptions were inevitable.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

If 2017 Brady played for the Bucs this year under the same conditions (new team, no camp, no practices, no pre-season), he might have had a slightly better season. Maybe an extra TD or two and another couple hundred yards or so.

Maybe.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/143611/tomi_lauren_JPG-1780227.JPG

I’d happily take either.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So what's the consensus on Eric Bieniemy?  Overrated?  Poor interviewer?  His past (youthful) troubles a still a hurdle?
View Quote

He was asked about his interviews yesterday, but he wanted to stay focused on the Browns.

Chiefs' Eric Bieniemy brings attention back to Browns when asked about head coach interviews

I honestly don't get it.

There are a lot of narratives about "it's Andy Reid's system" or "Mahomes makes him look good" that have never been applied to anyone else in Reid's coaching tree or anyone from the Belichick coaching sapling.

At this point, I would guess Bieniemy's development is further along than Pederson or Nagy were when they got hired. Pederson won a Super Bowl with a backup QB, and Nagy is 28-20 with two playoff appearances with a trash can at QB.

People talk about his arrests, but that shit happened ~30 years ago and isn't nearly as relevant as, say, the things that happened under Urban Meyer's watch as a coach. But Meyer just got a job, and it's looking like Bieniemy is going to be passed over. Again.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#37]

How hard do you think the State Farm execs are praying that Rodgers and Mahomes come out of championship weekend?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He was asked about his interviews yesterday, but he wanted to stay focused on the Browns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeX7wzH3TEA

I honestly don't get it.

There are a lot of narratives about "it's Andy Reid's system" or "Mahomes makes him look good" that have never been applied to anyone else in Reid's coaching tree or anyone from the Belichick coaching sapling.

At this point, I would guess Bieniemy's development is further along than Pederson or Nagy[/b] were when they got hired. Pederson won a Super Bowl with a backup QB, and Nagy is 28-20 with two playoff appearances with a trash can at QB.

People talk about his arrests, but that shit happened ~30 years ago and isn't nearly as relevant as, say, the things that happened under Urban Meyer's watch as a coach. But Meyer just got a job, and it's looking like Bieniemy is going to be passed over. Again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I honestly don't get it.

At this point, I would guess Bieniemy's development is further along than Pederson or Nagy[/b] were when they got hired. Pederson won a Super Bowl with a backup QB, and Nagy is 28-20 with two playoff appearances with a trash can at QB.

I think Pederson & Nagy make people hesitant to blindly trust in the Reid tree. Add in it being especially hard to judge him with Reid & Mahomes doing their things...

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I think Pederson & Nagy make people hesitant to blindly trust in the Reid tree. Add in it being especially hard to judge him with Reid & Mahomes doing their things...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I honestly don't get it.

We'll see what happens with Watson trying to get him to Houston.

Everything I've heard when Bieniemy is brought up is that people don't trust or know how much actual input he has on the Chief's offense or team structure. If position coaches can be hired I'm not sure why that would be a huge roadblock though. His name gets thrown into the mix every year but no takers yet. Has to be something we're not privy to. Doubt its some racial thing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:47:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Bassgasm, the line still hasn't moved.

It's not that surprising though.  I remember 4-5 years ago the Cowboys defense was averaging giving up something like 300 yards per game WITH Sean Lee and damn near 500 yards per game WITHOUT him.  A difference of about 15 points too.

It would be announced Sean Lee wasn't playing and the line would never move.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:22:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Josh Gordon got suspended indefinitely for the 87th time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:50:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
so far we got:

Jets: Saleh
Jags: Meyer
Texans:
Chargers:
Eagles:
ATL: Smith
DET:

I fell like I'm missing one, but looks like there's five jobs left... so far.
View Quote

I'll just quote to update this..

still four slots to fill, I'd say Eric B should get one of those. would be pretty funny to see him go to the eagles.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:00:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

The line has nothing to do with one teams chance to win or not, and everything to do with who the money is being bet on.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:13:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The line has nothing to do with one teams chance to win or not, and everything to do with who the money is being bet on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that were true every game would open as pick 'em.

They don't.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

He had to rehab a major injury, didn't get a full off season with his team, and didn't get 1st team reps until almost halfway through the season. Hard to judge a rookie QB's future with that type of limitation involved IMO. People also need to give the Dolphins time to build a team around his strengths. If his deep ball isn't all that great then they need to focus on slot type guys not straight line speed threats.
View Quote

He was put in a unusual position. Most rookie QBs get to play wide open. Most of them are on bad teams anyways and losing a few games because of bad QB isn’t a big deal. The dolphins were in the payoff hunt so he was expected to not lose games.

He’s got enough snaps for them to know if he’s their guy or not. They have the capital to make the move on for new guy and keep both on rookie contracts and see how it pans out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Game DAY!

Get up boys and girls, let's fuckin GO!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#47]

Nope. Don’t like that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#48]
The Browns will run all over KC and upset.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The Browns will run all over KC and upset.
View Quote

I find that somewhat unlikely, but I like the optimism.

I think it's entirely possible that the Browns take a 2 score lead by halftime, at which point Mahomes does what he does and throws for another 200 yards and 3 TDs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top