Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 823 of 5585)
Page / 5585
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:

This. Seems all the Ukraine happenings require a sign in over the last 24 hrs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By Schmigs:
The new Russian armor packs have arrived. This could mean trouble for Ukraine.

Can you post a picture?

For real those twats over at twatter are starting to restrict content even further in order to force people to sign up for an account so you can view content

This. Seems all the Ukraine happenings require a sign in over the last 24 hrs.

It's hard to gather digital intelligence on opinion trends, and manipulate the same, when you have anon users in the mix.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Lexustech48:

Then it sounds like modern methheads in a meth den. Fucking psychotic shitbags, they are the lowest of the lowest scum.

Of course, these methods may be the only way to get scared Russian kids to fight. Whether they are effective or survive is a different story entirely
View Quote

Was this like when the Germans invaded Pearl Harbor? Because methamphetamine was discovered by  the Japanese decades prior to WW2.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

Marco doesn’t seem happy about the Bennett Israeli meeting in Moscow with Putin.
View Quote

Rubio is an establishment hack.  He's probably wanting to see a big war and Putin dead just like the rest of the world elite.  

They are manipulating us into supporting them just taking out a guy they don't like, who is a thorn in the side of the push toward a Global Community.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:12:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FALFOX] [#6]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

ETA: had to do it, sorry
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

NATO joining the war by securing the airspace is an act of war, Russia says.
View Quote

I expect that's because it would be nato shooting down russian planes.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:12:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RebelBoxer] [#9]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

Not a problem, lots of people in this thread have twitter accounts.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

For real those twats over at twatter are starting to restrict content even further in order to force users to sign up for an account so you can view content

Not a problem, lots of people in this thread have twitter accounts.

I don't have a twat account.
That said, I've found that when it asks you to sign in, hit the log in button then hit your back arrow and it will take you back to the posting without signing in.
Works for me.....
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TheKill:

Rubio is an establishment hack.  He's probably wanting to see a big war and Putin dead just like the rest of the world elite.  

They are manipulating us into supporting them just taking out a guy they don't like, who is a thorn in the side of the push toward a Global Community.
View All Quotes

Marco doesn’t seem happy about the Bennett Israeli meeting in Moscow with Putin.

Somebody sure is getting manipulated here.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By wwglen:

But Fuss a already says the sanctions are an act of war.

In for a penny, in for a pound
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wwglen:
Originally Posted By macro:
How is Ukraine securing its airspace an act of war against Russia? That is like saying me locking the gate to my back yard fence is an act or war against the neighborhood. Tyrants gonna Tyrant

NATO joining the war by securing the airspace is an act of war, Russia says.

But Fuss a already says the sanctions are an act of war.

In for a penny, in for a pound

Hey, I don't make the rules. I'm just helping some here understand them.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:15:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheKill] [#12]
People the Establishment constantly demonize:

- The NRA
- Tea Party patriots
- MAGA Conservatives
- Constitutional Supreme Court Justices
- Donald Trump
- Donald Trump's Family
- Putin
- Anyone who doesn't just go along with their agenda
- Anyone who threatens to expose their corrupt misdeeds in any meaningful way
- ???????
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By J-Dam:

The fact that you quoted his post defending yourself speaks volumes. You're afraid(and cozy)....we get it. Let's just let Putin do whatever he wants, because nukes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By J-Dam:
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

I have an Instagram account that is 100% Japanese sport/racing motorcycles. I posted this out of character because I thought it was fitting,even though for 23 years we have been told we are paranoid and antagonistic to Putin

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/83FB55FD-81A8-40DE-B722-9E2158B4690F_jpe-2302251.JPG

An American who has followed my account for years offered the same take I have seen on here and it is absolutely embarrassing. I should by all rights agree on 90% of things with people on here as a gun loving conservative but the derpy right has lost its mind and worse,sold its soul.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/44E4F5C8-0156-4786-B0F0-71921A102EFA_jpe-2302253.JPG

We are living in a time of bewildering propaganda.  

Maybe you should stuff the name-calling (Derpy?  Fuck off.) and help orient people's sensibilities.

I get your perspective.  You are coming to this from a small weak country and you fear being devoured by Russia.

I come from a large powerful country that can have major cities turned into an uninhabitable wasteland in a nuclear exchange with an adversary who has lost everything and has nothing left to lose.  Dealing cautiously with a nuclear adversary is at the forefront of my sensibilities.

Or is that Derpy of me.

The fact that you quoted his post defending yourself speaks volumes. You're afraid(and cozy)....we get it. Let's just let Putin do whatever he wants, because nukes.

So in your analysis the ONLY thing at work here is that Putin is Hitler?

There is nothing else at work, and we just need to put Putin in his place--problem solved?

Powerful elites aren't making dangerous self-serving choices--it is all about Putin being Hitler?
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#15]

If the media wasn't a mouthpiece for the globalist Left, and didn't spend all their time and energy lying about the Right, and Right political candidates, and those who support them....acting a a third column to constantly politically crush them.......those folks wouldn't feel justified or glad that reporters are getting shot up.  

View Quote

Have they watched Sky News lately?  Australia at least?
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

That's bound to happen. We have people who think Putin is in Ukraine to save Christianity, Masculinity and hunt down the illuminati.

Fringe weirdos on both sides.
View All Quotes

What I'm seeing is the left jumping to blame the right for Ukraine.  THey're also handing out memes like "funny how they are defending their capitol, while we have people here attacking it."

Meanwhile, right commentators who have no clue about wars, want to opine (because it gets clicks) and are blaming all this on the left.  

The only factors this war has on our political climate is that putin waited years for this invasion and did it now because we have an incompetent president. This, and Taiwan was called as soon as he got elected.

That's bound to happen. We have people who think Putin is in Ukraine to save Christianity, Masculinity and hunt down the illuminati.

Fringe weirdos on both sides.
Ignorant too, because if you're not EO in russia, you're persona non grata religion wise.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:16:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eight_Ring] [#17]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

No, what's derpy of you is telling people to fuck off.

Don't do it again.
View Quote

You're right.  I apologize.  Edit inbound.

I'll exit the tread.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

My prediction:  Zelenskyy will give up the East regions and Crimea to keep anyone else from dying.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Cav-Gunner:

Slow Joe asked Oil Companies not to raise prices ... yeah Joe.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cav-Gunner:
Originally Posted By SEAN10MM:
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
Originally Posted By Tech-Com:
they can buy that oil but no thanks

And both of my local Shell stations bumped gas $0.35 a gallon in the last 4 days. WTF

Slow Joe asked Oil Companies not to raise prices ... yeah Joe.

If they don't, that will mean gas shortages.

Or they could ... let the oil companies produce more to lower prices. Naaahhhh.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By CletusRoundbelly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1dXAs2ybIU

View Quote
That was interesting
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I expect that's because it would be nato shooting down russian planes.
View Quote

Well....yeah
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Well, that's an easy way to get replacements.
View Quote

It's RT. You literally can't believe a word he says...
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Maybe 4 the whole war. Not yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

Gee it's almost like the trump admin was.friendly to Russia....
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:

There's a 0% chance of that.  It's a lengthy process.  18 months or more.  The EU has to inspect all your laws and financials before you get approved.

Frankly I don't understand why anyone would want to join.  You lose all your countries sovereignty to unelected bureaucrats
View Quote

This. You get free trade in the Eurozone and free travel. But it's not like they commit to any mutual defense. That's what NATO does. Joining EU will be good for rebuilt Ukraine's economy, but it won't help them fight off Hitler Putin, either now or in the future.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By H4ppyB34r:

I dont even know where to start, and I won't get bogged down here with you.

Had I known I was dealing with the literal savior of Ukraine, I would have approached it differently.

I wish you good luck, and you can use my phone number I sent you several times,  if you need a place to ride this out away from the major city.

In the mean time, I will keep raising money and my team will finish a second container to be shipped out by middle of next week.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490290/Screenshot_20220304-143834_Docs-2302051.jpg

I am in direct contact with local authorities, and they are providing a list if items that are needed.

I'm working on setting up a way for the locals to send their requests in directly, so we know exactly what they are asking for.
View Quote

Dang dude, you rock! Way more better than taking 3 days to deliver 30 seconds of supplies.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote
Bennet a former Special Forces guy. Here's his chance to strike a real blow for democracy
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#29]

My prediction:  Zelenskyy will give up the East regions and Crimea to keep anyone else from dying.
View Quote

The only way to agree with this is that UKR joins NATO and RUS pays repirations.

Otherwise, we kill another 10K of your slope headed retards.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:23:56 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Why do I feel that blackmail is happening in that meeting?  
Epstein style “hey. We have footage of you fucking a teenager in the ass, pull out or we release to the world.”
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Wait, you think a guy worth $200 billion dollars (Putin) isn't part of the world elite too?

LOL.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:24:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mooreshawnm] [#32]

View Quote

Then we see this repeated in 3 months with (a few) lessons learned and Putin grabs the rest. Why wouldn't he?
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

So multiple years of World-wide lockdowns coupled with the policies of the Biden administration and the EU had nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#34]

People are probably going to lose their minds for me saying this, but I believe Trump did admire Putin. He admired how Putin ruled single-handedly, he admired how Putin is loved by his countrymen. For a narcissist like Trump, that is the most potent drug you can give yourself. That's not to say that Trump was in Putin's pocket - just that he didn't exactly stand up to him like you already mentioned.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Krater:
Originally Posted By georgiaboy:
I can't even begin to defend Trump's personnel choices.  But saying Trump was Russia friendly is quite a stretch.

The problem with Trump wasn't that he Russia-friendly - he wasn't.  But we need somebody who is "Russia-hostile", and he wasn't that either.

People are probably going to lose their minds for me saying this, but I believe Trump did admire Putin. He admired how Putin ruled single-handedly, he admired how Putin is loved by his countrymen. For a narcissist like Trump, that is the most potent drug you can give yourself. That's not to say that Trump was in Putin's pocket - just that he didn't exactly stand up to him like you already mentioned.

I’ll also get hated, but it’s an interesting subject.

I wouldn’t go as far to call it admiration, but often, bullies get along well with each other until there’s a power struggle. The circumstances for a power struggle between Trump and Putin never came up during Trump’s presidency, so they continued to get along. And yes, I’m saying Trump has a bully-like personality.

Trump also had a personal vendetta against Ukraine over Hunter Biden’s job and that Zalenskyy was refusing to investigate it.

That and other reasons makes me believe Russia would’ve invaded Ukraine even if we still had Trump as President. Putin had to limited time to act if he ever had a chance to get Ukraine. Biggest difference is we’d be hearing 24/7 how this was all Trump’s fault and they’d be trying to impeach him again.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By racer765:

no one will let stand any conditions where vlad keeps what he's invaded on this go around.  
View Quote
Except Biden, Germany, Hungary, Serbia and Tucker Carlson
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

This. You get free trade in the Eurozone and free travel. But it's not like they commit to any mutual defense. That's what NATO does. Joining EU will be good for rebuilt Ukraine's economy, but it won't help them fight off Hitler Putin, either now or in the future.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Not true.

Mutual defence clause (Article 42.7 TEU)
If a Member State is the victim of armed aggression on its territory, the other Member States
shall have towards it an obligation of aid and assistance by all the means in their power, in
accordance with Article 51 of the United Nations Charter. This shall not prejudice the specific
character of the security and defence policy of certain Member States.
Commitments and cooperation in this area shall be consistent with commitments under the
North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, which, for those States which are members of it, remains
the foundation of their collective defence and the forum for its implementation

https://www.politico.eu/article/what-is-article-42-7-of-the-lisbon-french-government-terrorist-attacks-paris-treaty/
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Wait,my city can’t be destroyed?

What is derpy is believing Russian propaganda about Zelensky being a CIA puppet,believing that there were Wuhan bio labs,cheering for shooting news reporters and  believing Putin is the bare chested savior of Christendom,all things that the most retarded faction of the American right has allowed itself to swallow.

These are all a loooooooooong way from being concerned over nuclear war.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:

We are living in a time of bewildering propaganda.  

Maybe you should stuff the name-calling (Derpy?  Fuck off.) and help orient people's sensibilities.

I get your perspective.  You are coming to this from a small weak country and you fear being devoured by Russia.

I come from a large powerful country that can have major cities turned into an uninhabitable wasteland in a nuclear exchange with an adversary who has lost everything and has nothing left to lose.

Or is that Derpy of me.

Wait,my city can’t be destroyed?

What is derpy is believing Russian propaganda about Zelensky being a CIA puppet,believing that there were Wuhan bio labs,cheering for shooting news reporters and  believing Putin is the bare chested savior of Christendom,all things that the most retarded faction of the American right has allowed itself to swallow.

These are all a loooooooooong way from being concerned over nuclear war.

People on the right want to believe that leftists are retarded and the right are morally and intellectually superior but in reality it's more like an inverted photo. They're the exact same just on the other end of the spectrum.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Part of me hopes the polish AF is painting Ukrainian marking in aircraft and starts targeting Russian aircraft.  I still don’t want to see any US aircraft lost in that country otherwise I’d be up for stomping a mud puddle in some arse.  The Russian government has always been assholes, starting with walking off Germany after the WW2.  I met a B25 enlisted guy who was a POW in russia during WW2 and they didn’t treat our guys very well.  The same people who got equipment from us.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

Then we see this repeated in 3 months with (a few) lessons learned and Putin grabs the rest. Why wouldn't he?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

Zelensky gives up that portion but also gets invite into NATO.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:27:46 PM EDT
[#40]
People the Establishment constantly demonize:

- The NRA
- Tea Party patriots
- MAGA Conservatives
- Constitutional Supreme Court Justices
- Donald Trump
- Donald Trump's Family
- Putin
- Anyone who doesn't just go along with their agenda
- Anyone who threatens to expose their corrupt misdeeds in any meaningful way
- ???????
View Quote

The moment you divorce yourself from the fact that the american public is "The Establishment," you divorce yourself from fucking reality.
You're obviously a guy that's spent his life feeling like "The Man" is keeping you down.

"The Man" hates everything you want and "The System" is corrupt.

... or maybe your worldview is so fucked you can't smell the horseshit.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MeatGrinder:
Ukraine: the big distraction for the cluster fuck in America.
And most of you have fallen for it.
View Quote

The whole world. Anything is better than Covid shit.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

Damn. If that is real, that's a lot of protestors. Well over 100,000 in a city center.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

Large protest, things are warming up.

Damn. If that is real, that's a lot of protestors. Well over 100,000 in a city center.

One comment says this is an older protest. Can anyone confirm a date?
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:

Yeah let me wax pedantic and Julio 'splain. !0 is then. A hundred is ten tens. One thousand is a hundred hundreds. AQ hundred thousand is a  thousand hundreds, And one million is a thousand million. Which means a million is a thousand thousands, not 50, In case it slipped past your notice, 50 cases of a thousand rounds each would be roughly fitty thousand rounds total. (50x1000=50,000) algebraically speaking.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:
Originally Posted By zach_:
Originally Posted By ETNSBK:

For the simpletons here...

1,000,000 rounds is merely 20 1000rd cases per US state (50x20x1000). If I found a deal online and posted it here. There are far more than 20 of you from each state that would buy that out in 2 minutes. It's probably a days worth of production for them. It's not some conspiracy.

Check yer math Bob.

Yeah let me wax pedantic and Julio 'splain. !0 is then. A hundred is ten tens. One thousand is a hundred hundreds. AQ hundred thousand is a  thousand hundreds, And one million is a thousand million. Which means a million is a thousand thousands, not 50, In case it slipped past your notice, 50 cases of a thousand rounds each would be roughly fitty thousand rounds total. (50x1000=50,000) algebraically speaking.

Holy fuck. Do you smell toast?
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:30:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#44]

If the media wasn't a mouthpiece for the globalist Left, and didn't spend all their time and energy lying about the Right, and Right political candidates, and those who support them....acting a a third column to constantly politically crush them.......those folks wouldn't feel justified or glad that reporters are getting shot up.  

Just like if the EU/US elite hadn't directly interfered in internal politics to cause a "regime change" in Ukraine, just like they did in Egypt, Libya, and attempted to do in Israel........and hadn't subsequently used Ukraine as a base for anti-Russia propaganda and political operations, demonizing and attempting to politically overthrow Putin, Russia wouldn't be invading it.

Just like if 9/11 hadn't happened, we wouldn't have invaded Afghanistan.

Just because they didn't use guns and bombs, doesn't make what the Left did to and in Ukraine "OK".  

This isn't rocket science, we were supposed to learn how this works in grade school.  The grade school level lesson here, is you can only push someone so far, before they retaliate.  Everyone who thinks Putin is the bully here, is ignorant of all the we pulled in Ukraine before it got to this point.  They are falling for the old trick of taunting someone secretly, until they retaliate openly, then labeling THEM the bad guy.  

So, let's reduce it to the playground level.  One bully (the EU/US Left/Soros/their ilk) sat on the corner of Russia's desk and keeps poking him with a sharp stick.  Whenever the teacher is looking their way, that bully has a shield called "media" that they put up and it blinds the teacher to what is happened.

At what point is Russia the child justified in kicking the   out of the bully sitting on the corner of the desk?

Those who point to Russia as the aggressor are no different than the   up school administrators who, when faced with two kids who got in a fight like I described above, studiously ignore the first actor's repeated provocations, but then blame and punish the second actor who finally stands up and throws a big punch.
View All Quotes

I'm seeing right-leanding dudes comment that I turn to regularly about domestic issues, who are very knowledgeable about American politics, try to comment on war with the same authority and it's a clown show.

We have that here in GD.

There's a thread where people are cheering for the russians shooting up the Sky News people and wondering when they get to do the same.

Just like if the EU/US elite hadn't directly interfered in internal politics to cause a "regime change" in Ukraine, just like they did in Egypt, Libya, and attempted to do in Israel........and hadn't subsequently used Ukraine as a base for anti-Russia propaganda and political operations, demonizing and attempting to politically overthrow Putin, Russia wouldn't be invading it.

Just like if 9/11 hadn't happened, we wouldn't have invaded Afghanistan.

Just because they didn't use guns and bombs, doesn't make what the Left did to and in Ukraine "OK".  

This isn't rocket science, we were supposed to learn how this works in grade school.  The grade school level lesson here, is you can only push someone so far, before they retaliate.  Everyone who thinks Putin is the bully here, is ignorant of all the we pulled in Ukraine before it got to this point.  They are falling for the old trick of taunting someone secretly, until they retaliate openly, then labeling THEM the bad guy.  

So, let's reduce it to the playground level.  One bully (the EU/US Left/Soros/their ilk) sat on the corner of Russia's desk and keeps poking him with a sharp stick.  Whenever the teacher is looking their way, that bully has a shield called "media" that they put up and it blinds the teacher to what is happened.

At what point is Russia the child justified in kicking the   out of the bully sitting on the corner of the desk?

Those who point to Russia as the aggressor are no different than the   up school administrators who, when faced with two kids who got in a fight like I described above, studiously ignore the first actor's repeated provocations, but then blame and punish the second actor who finally stands up and throws a big punch.

Except that the worst result would have been that ... putin would have had a nato progressive country sitting on his border.

I don't for one second think he would want that and I believe he'd hate that, but tell us... how does that justify *exactly what is going on right now* ... and how does that justify him invading in the first place?

If you're going to make this as an argument, than don't go halfway and hope nobody asks you to show your math. Show your work. Tell us and the world how that's justified. I even picked a scenario that is a best case for your angle.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

I think this is where Trump’s ignorance of history and geography hindered his dealings with Xi and Putin as it combined with  his instinct that everyone is motivated by the exact same things to have an unrealistic assessment of them and how to deal with them. Trump is quite simply not a complex enough man to understand that winning bigly for Putin is a lot more than just trade deals.

It doesn’t matter,he’s not President now.  Biden being a weak potato is more important. However, I think the Republican Party needs to get a handle on the wackiest of the right before it costs them in the rapidly approaching midterms.  What is rather disgusting is seeing how many supposed freedom loving conservatives have sided with Putin and have expressed their desire that Russia has a right to subjugate every nation to the English Channel.

Zelensky told Trump he was draining the swamp in Ukraine,still think that if funny.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Voland:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Voland:

Well, that's an easy way to get replacements.

Lol. 4 trucks and the tanker is most likely empty.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#47]

Would be more scared if he actually imposed it, no?
View Quote

Just that he felt the need to broadcast that is telling.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:

What's the tone / opinion / news coverage like of this war in Estonia and other Baltic nations?
View Quote

Concerned but not scared,hopefully that some sane Russians will somehow stop this,somewhat worried Putin lashes out if it looks like he’s going down.

My neighbor is a newscaster,she works ridiculously long days now. I don’t watch TV though.

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Kagetora:

Ok, I get that is the obvious optics of it. But is it what's actually occurring? By that I mean, to me it looks like this under the surface: I need water. I have bazillions of gallons of it under my feet, but instead of drilling it out, I decide I'm going to pay you for water from your well. We've had this arrangement for years. Now, you suddenly become a raging asshole to your neighbors. Literally shooting at them and their house, even killing someone. So, we all get together an stop allowing you to buy anything from us, order ammo over the interwebs, or even really leave your house. We go so far as to say you can't even drive your car off your own property.

But, I keep buying your water. You keep doing your asshole things, but the money I'm giving you for that water is completely useless to you. You can't spend it anywhere but in your own house, or maybe with one neighbor who is still on speaking terms with you, and will sell you stuff, but they don't need the money and would have done that anyway just to piss the rest of the neighborhood off.

Eventually you run out of everything. Ammo, food, water, the works. Your kids are wandering the house crying, you're locking them in their rooms, and shit's gone south, yo.

That's what the Russia/China/Rest of the World situation looks like to me right now. Are we REALLY helping them commit atrocities and war crimes? Or are we helping them mortgage their future into oblivion while keeping our resources for ourselves?

I mean, they're gonna do Russian stuff anyway. Whether we buy their oil or not. If we don't, China will, and that hurts us too, by helping them.

Of course, all of that is predicated on sanctions and the like actually working, and being enforced. If that's not the case, and Russia can take our dollars to go buy a bunch more military equipment from anywhere they want, then yeah. None of that is valid.

*shrug* I dunno. Just seems like it's not the end of the world to keep buying their oil. Especially if we need it NOW, not in two years when we've actually managed to start drilling our own. That's not going to happen overnight.

So, half of me is like "FUCK RUSSIA! NEVER SEND THEM ANOTHER DOLLAR OR GRAIN OF WHEAT OR ANYTHING ELSE!"
And the other half is like "Yeah, let's use their resources and save our own. They're pretty much showing how useless they are anyway."

Seems like a valid point...if, in 50 years we're off the petrol, why not use it now. Makes sense, at least on the surface. That's all dependent on whether that's actually what happens in the future though. If it's not, and we DO still need those resources for your grandchildren, we're kinda fucking them, aren't we?

I think a large part of this stems from the fact that I have a touch of hoarder about me. I go buy overpriced ammo for a day of shooting with friends instead of dipping into my stash. Same thing with toilet paper, although that's not an activity with friends.

I've been trained to buy cheap and stack deep for a rainy day, and cruise along not touching my supplies, but buying new stuff until I can't anymore, and HAVE to go to the storage closet. I think that way about America's natural resources too, I guess.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Consigli:
So...I keep skipping ahead 20+ pages, depending on what the fuck has been happening in my life and on the power grid around me. I miss a lot.

Plus, I've never been the brightest crayon in the box to begin with.

But, I have a question. Mostly for everyone yelling DRILL! DRILL! DRILL!!11!!111!!!

Why WOULDN'T we keep buying Russian oil? And Iranian? And Venezuelan? And North Korean, if they had any?

It SEEMS like, on the surface, a viable strategy. Buy theirs, sanction them so they can't actually spend the money on anything useful, and keep ours ready to extract when we need it? You keep yours, take theirs, and lose nothing in the end...

...except for the common man, like myself, who has watched my gas go up $0.30/gallon+ in the last two days.

Yeah, that sucks. Yeah, I'm paying more than I was before. But, my country's oil is sitting right where it was, under my feet, and my enemy's is in my gas tank instead of fueling their war machine, because no one is selling them anything. Except maybe China. Isn't that basically the same as sending aid across a pond? We can go get ours as soon as our enemy shuts off the valve. In the meantime, they lose, we lose less. Not ideal for our economy,, but far from the end of the world.

I know I'll get shouted down about this, and we need to DRILLLLL!!11!!!ll

Explain why I'm wrong so I can go sit in the corner and be quiet.

I'll take a stab at answering your question of:

Why WOULDN'T we keep buying Russian oil?

Answer: Because Russia invaded a peaceful country and is now committing war crimes and atrocities such as murder of civilians and rape. So buying their oil funds their war and atrocities and only a moral degenerate would do that.

So, who is our president????

Ok, I get that is the obvious optics of it. But is it what's actually occurring? By that I mean, to me it looks like this under the surface: I need water. I have bazillions of gallons of it under my feet, but instead of drilling it out, I decide I'm going to pay you for water from your well. We've had this arrangement for years. Now, you suddenly become a raging asshole to your neighbors. Literally shooting at them and their house, even killing someone. So, we all get together an stop allowing you to buy anything from us, order ammo over the interwebs, or even really leave your house. We go so far as to say you can't even drive your car off your own property.

But, I keep buying your water. You keep doing your asshole things, but the money I'm giving you for that water is completely useless to you. You can't spend it anywhere but in your own house, or maybe with one neighbor who is still on speaking terms with you, and will sell you stuff, but they don't need the money and would have done that anyway just to piss the rest of the neighborhood off.

Eventually you run out of everything. Ammo, food, water, the works. Your kids are wandering the house crying, you're locking them in their rooms, and shit's gone south, yo.

That's what the Russia/China/Rest of the World situation looks like to me right now. Are we REALLY helping them commit atrocities and war crimes? Or are we helping them mortgage their future into oblivion while keeping our resources for ourselves?

I mean, they're gonna do Russian stuff anyway. Whether we buy their oil or not. If we don't, China will, and that hurts us too, by helping them.

Of course, all of that is predicated on sanctions and the like actually working, and being enforced. If that's not the case, and Russia can take our dollars to go buy a bunch more military equipment from anywhere they want, then yeah. None of that is valid.

*shrug* I dunno. Just seems like it's not the end of the world to keep buying their oil. Especially if we need it NOW, not in two years when we've actually managed to start drilling our own. That's not going to happen overnight.

So, half of me is like "FUCK RUSSIA! NEVER SEND THEM ANOTHER DOLLAR OR GRAIN OF WHEAT OR ANYTHING ELSE!"
And the other half is like "Yeah, let's use their resources and save our own. They're pretty much showing how useless they are anyway."

I think its in our best interest to become more self dependent on oil, now is the time since in 30 years we will have more and more EV vehicles on the road. Drilling produces jobs and lowers the price at the pumps. which we really need both like right now!   we wont be using as much oil in 50 years so why not start using it now?

Seems like a valid point...if, in 50 years we're off the petrol, why not use it now. Makes sense, at least on the surface. That's all dependent on whether that's actually what happens in the future though. If it's not, and we DO still need those resources for your grandchildren, we're kinda fucking them, aren't we?

I think a large part of this stems from the fact that I have a touch of hoarder about me. I go buy overpriced ammo for a day of shooting with friends instead of dipping into my stash. Same thing with toilet paper, although that's not an activity with friends.

I've been trained to buy cheap and stack deep for a rainy day, and cruise along not touching my supplies, but buying new stuff until I can't anymore, and HAVE to go to the storage closet. I think that way about America's natural resources too, I guess.

Yeah, I think EVs are inevitable, but the transition to them should be based on the acceptance of the technology and not forced by environmental hysteria.

Did anyone have to force town stables to shut down when it became obvious that automobiles would replaces horses? No, stable owners built gas stations.

"Buy cheap and stack deep."

I like it... don't recall having heard that one before. I've been practicing it for a long time. I had a six month supply of toilet paper on hand long before Covid came along.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5585
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 823 of 5585)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top