Do we still have A10s in the area?
View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:

::Deep Announcer's Voice::

"From the producers that brought you the incendiary top hit, The Steele Dossier, comes another sequel in the Russian Collusion franchise..."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chokey:
U.S. Exposes What It Says Is Russian Effort to Fabricate Pretext for Invasion

Officials said Russians were planning a fake video showing an attack by Ukrainians on Russian territory or Russian speakers in eastern Ukraine.

"From the producers that brought you the incendiary top hit, The Steele Dossier, comes another sequel in the Russian Collusion franchise..."

State Dept hack gets crushed and compared to Alex Jones

Link Posted: 2/3/2022 7:17:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RSG:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chokey:
U.S. Exposes What It Says Is Russian Effort to Fabricate Pretext for Invasion

Officials said Russians were planning a fake video showing an attack by Ukrainians on Russian territory or Russian speakers in eastern Ukraine.

Damn. POS .gov fucker got his ass handed to him.

Link Posted: 2/3/2022 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Israel blocks transfer of Spike missile to Ukraine:

https://breakingdefense.com/2022/02/to-placate-russia-israel-told-baltics-states-it-would-block-weapon-transfers-to-ukraine-sources/
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Dbnd:

https://breakingdefense.com/2022/02/to-placate-russia-israel-told-baltics-states-it-would-block-weapon-transfers-to-ukraine-sources/
View Quote

Darn it. I was hoping Israel would sell the Ukraine the good stuff so we could have Jericho horns hammering the Russians.....again...
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 7:57:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:

Darn it. I was hoping Israel would sell the Ukraine the good stuff so we could have Jericho horns hammering the Russians.....again...
View All Quotes

Russia played ball with Israel when it came to supplying Metis missiles and launchers to Syria, which were getting handed off to Hezbolah and used against IDF.

Makes sense that there would be some friendly quit pro quo.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

Now, why do you think the Israelis did that?
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Tomislav:

Russia played ball with Israel when it came to supplying Metis missiles and launchers to Syria, which were getting handed off to Hezbolah and used against IDF.

Makes sense that there would be some friendly quit pro quo.
View Quote

Which is kind of pointless when Iran produces Kornet copies.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Clearly that Reporter is a Russian Bot.

Never realized "cause I said so" was considered factual information.

Link Posted: 2/3/2022 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Ukraine would prolly just resell it to China.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I want to know how the balloon finally goes up? This weekend or next?

I think the war games kick off next week the 10th?  

What's the over/under they drop a civ airliner?, separatists attack?, Cyber attacks on the power grid?, or Nato gets painted by a SA 21 Growler?
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I think Putin is planning on late February to kick off, but my bet is the Chechen Death Brigades are going to get drunk and horny in a couple of days.  They will pull a Colonel Kilgore and attack Ukraine to feed their blood lust with Chechen Death Metal playing from their BMP's.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
I think Putin is planning on late February to kick off, but my bet is the Chechen Death Brigades are going to get drunk and horny in a couple of days.  They will pull a Colonel Kilgore and attack Ukraine to feed their blood lust with Chechen Death Metal playing from their BMP's.
View Quote
Rogue Chechens leading to massive Ukranian military response that catches the Russkies off guard would be hilarious
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Gelandewagen:

View Quote

That guy was from the AP and this reporter is from the Washington Post(!) and that's exactly what the WH is calling them.

Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By gettysburg30:

What's the over/under they drop a civ airliner?, separatists attack?, Cyber attacks on the power grid?, or Nato gets painted by a SA 21 Growler?
View Quote

What have Jstars, rivet joints, and RQ-4’s been up to?

They know we know, now how is that knowledge used?
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Rogue Chechens leading to massive Ukranian military response that catches the Russkies off guard would be hilarious
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher15:

Maybe that's what the Russkies want. Then they could claim to be the good guys and step in, hoping Ukraine would fire on their troops.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:45:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#17]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

What have Jstars, rivet joints, and RQ-4’s been up to?

They know we know, now how is that knowledge used?
View Quote

There was a revit joint over the black sea today(above the tip of Georgia near the Russian shore), and jstars was up yesterday. Looked like they kept turning off their transponder when they moved further south.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Putin lovers should take note...
View All Quotes
Video reports of Russian air defense systems around Ukraine being operated from schools and civilian neighborhoods.  

https://twitter.com/Liveuamap/status/1489154528003989505?s=20&t=gfmRLE-uGKzbLOwgtxpbrQ

Not a Putin lover, but I thought Ukraine didn’t have much of an Air Force.  If that’s the case, there shouldn’t be much danger of these systems being hit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

So you think the Russians would try to shoot down a US A10 flying in Ukraine airspace?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By PissedMick:
One would think that Russia does not require S400's to neutralize Ukraine's Air Force.
Not bringing the best you got would be foolish for them. Always give yourself every advantage.

TBH, I wouldn't want to be a Russian airplane over Ukraine either.

So you think the Russians would try to shoot down a US A10 flying in Ukraine airspace?

Considering an A-10 has one purpose, I would imagine they would.  Would they know it was a US aircraft or possibly one sold to Ukraine?
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AlabamaFan64:

Not a Putin lover, but I thought Ukraine didn’t have much of an Air Force.  If that’s the case, there shouldn’t be much danger of these systems being hit.
View All Quotes
Video reports of Russian air defense systems around Ukraine being operated from schools and civilian neighborhoods.  

https://twitter.com/Liveuamap/status/1489154528003989505?s=20&t=gfmRLE-uGKzbLOwgtxpbrQ

I don't think they are there because of the Ukrainian AF..
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#21]

That guy was from the AP and this reporter is from the Washington Post(!) and that's exactly what the WH is calling them.

View Quote

Sounds like this thread..
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Considering an A-10 has one purpose, I would imagine they would.  Would they know it was a US aircraft or possibly one sold to Ukraine?
View All Quotes
One would think that Russia does not require S400's to neutralize Ukraine's Air Force.
Not bringing the best you got would be foolish for them. Always give yourself every advantage.

would you use a A10 for a HVT like that ? A10s are low and slow for tanks and ground attack not SEAD.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:18:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Great… Chechens literally have a bloodlust. Funny how Putin is using those that waged Jihad against him less than 20 years ago.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Chechen Special Forces and National Guard units have been deployed with Russian troops on Ukraine's border.   A very pleasant bunch of individuals and highly regarded by Putin for their expertise and efficiency when it comes to raping, plundering, and pillaging civilians.

Great… Chechens literally have a bloodlust. Funny how Putin is using those that waged Jihad against him less than 20 years ago.

Might be servicing a dual purpose.  If things kick off, they might be sent on missions that have a high percentage of failure.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Putin won't rain on Xi's parade, he needs China to backstop access to financial markets. New moon March 2. No BIG action before Feb 25. Could be setting the plate leading up to that.

Do like Biden - just say there's a terrorist in there, and go rip the country apart for 10 - 15 years.

Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:49:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnT83] [#25]
Originally Posted By gettysburg30:

View Quote

War games in Belarus are supposed to start on the 10th, but it looks like they have already started.  There are a bunch of videos on social media of armored maneuvers already taking place.

edit:  Zvezda TV (Russian defence tv channel) just posted a video that they are already doing live fire exercises.

??????? ?? ? ?????????? ?????????? ????????? ?? ?????????? ?? ???????? ? ??????

Lukashenko has made a statement that he wants to purchase all the equipment that Russia is sending for this exercise so don't be surprised if Russia now has a permanent presence in Belarus.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

The US has not sold any A-10s to other countries, and the USAF would never ever ever fly an A-10 near Russian AD.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By atavistic:
Putin won't rain on Xi's parade, he needs China to backstop access to financial markets. New moon March 2. No BIG action before Feb 25. Could be setting the plate leading up to that.

Do like Biden - just say there's a terrorist in there, and go rip the country apart for 10 - 15 years.

View Quote

Why do you think they'll wait for a new moon?
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 1:11:50 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

And questioning it equates you to being a Russian sympathizer.

Link Posted: 2/4/2022 1:20:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Putin is 69 years old, does that make him more dangerous or less?

Is Putin looking to just hold on to power and ride it out into retirement or is he looking to cement some kind of lasting place in history? Is he feeling pressure to re-establish Russian dominance over Eastern Europe before his health gives out on him?  

View Quote

Russia regards Ukraine as part of Russia, and has for hundreds of years. Ukrainians see themselves as being entirely separate and a distinct ethnicity and culture. This is similar to the Kurds, Taiwan, etc.

As you pointed out, Putin is getting old and he may have the dream of reuniting Ukraine with Russia. I mean he is moving half his military to surround Ukraine. He could be doing that hoping the pressure it puts on Ukraine and it’s economy results in the fall of the government, to be replaced by something more pro-Russian, or he could be intending to invade. He isn’t going to get the concessions he has been claiming he wants from NATO, it just isn’t going to happen.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#30]
UKRAINIAN NEWS FOR 2/4/22 (AND LATE NEWS FROM 2/3/22) FROM UKRAINIAN NEWS SOURCES

https://www.kyivpost.com/world/putin-and-xi-urge-end-of-nato-enlargement.html

https://www.kyivpost.com/world/russia-accused-of-false-flag-operation-to-justify-ukraine-invasion.html

https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/moscow-to-shut-down-deutsche-welle-bureau-in-russia.html

https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/germanys-scholz-to-visit-ukraine-russia-on-feb-14-15.html

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-polytics/3397958-deshchytsia-poland-preparing-second-package-of-military-aid-for-ukraine.html

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-defense/3397617-ceasefire-observed-in-eastern-ukraine.html

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-polytics/3397813-polish-senate-adopts-resolution-in-support-of-ukraine.html

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-polytics/3397713-us-expediting-security-assistance-to-ukraine-to-bolster-its-defenses-embassy.html

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-polytics/3397990-ukrainian-slovak-presidents-discuss-cooperation-in-security-sector.html

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-defense/3397820-ukraine-does-not-plan-military-liberation-of-crimea-parts-of-eastern-regions.html

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-polytics/3397903-ukraine-ready-for-any-format-of-talks-with-russia-that-will-bring-results-nykyforov.html

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-defense/3397739-us-at-osce-ukraine-has-inherent-right-to-selfdefense.html

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-polytics/3397660-macron-to-visit-ukraine-on-feb-8-nykyforov.html

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-defense/3397638-pentagon-confirms-russia-preparing-fake-video-as-pretext-to-attack-ukraine.html

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-defense/3397407-kyiv-ankara-to-expand-production-of-bayraktar-drones-in-ukraine.html

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-polytics/3397353-zelensky-thanks-erdogan-for-supporting-crimean-tatars.html

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-defense/3397250-seventh-us-plane-with-military-aid-arrives-in-ukraine.html

https://ukranews.com/en/news/831626-britain-allocates-additional-usd-120-million-in-economic-aid-to-ukraine

https://ukranews.com/en/news/831626-britain-allocates-additional-usd-120-million-in-economic-aid-to-ukraine

https://euromaidanpress.com/2022/02/04/for-putin-its-all-about-crimea/

https://euromaidanpress.com/2022/02/04/german-security-assistance-to-ukraine-perpetually-on-hold-part-1/

https://euromaidanpress.com/2022/02/04/daily-review-more-us-arms-arrive-to-ukraine-turkish-ukrainian-deals-us-claims-false-flag-exposed/

https://euromaidanpress.com/2022/02/04/ukraine-turkey-relations-move-ahead-free-trade-bayraktar-production-deals/

https://euromaidanpress.com/2022/02/04/russia-rapidly-moving-landing-ships-submarines-of-baltic-northern-pacific-fleets-to-black-sea/

https://euromaidanpress.com/2022/02/03/russia-planned-graphic-video-with-corpses-as-pretext-for-ukraine-invasion-us-intel-says/

In a phone conversation with the President of Slovakia, the President of Ukraine discussed cooperation in the security sphere - Official website of the president of Ukraine
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 5:50:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aswrg7] [#31]
I kind of expect the Russians to have the goal of permanently taking Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhya, and Kherson, to link up with Crimea.  We may see Russian and/or Belarussian forces invade elsewhere, either as a diversion or as a negotiating chip.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 5:50:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aswrg7] [#32]
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Cyber attacks in Europe had been mentioned as a potential precursor.

Well... European Oil Facilities Hit By Cyber-Attacks
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By aswrg7:
I kind of expect the Russians to have the goal of permanently taking Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhya, and Kherson, to link up with Crimea.  We may see Russian and/or Belarussian forces invade elsewhere, either as a diversion or as a negotiating chip.
View Quote

Would that give them the reliable water supply to Crimea they want?
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By OBird:

View Quote

That and cut off access to those ports and the Sea of Azov.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 11:22:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 9:02:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

View All Quotes

Where and how exactly is the water to Crimea being restricted?

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#39]
…..aaaand why do we even give a fuck what Russia does with Ukraine?

Oh thats right, the war machine industry needs to make more money.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 9:21:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Pootey-poo is in China, so no invasion yet. Although he was at  the Olympic games when Russian units moved into Georgia. So who really knows.

My opinion all along is that he'll probably take eastern Ukraine to connect with Crimea. I doubt the Russian military is going to "sack" Kyiv.  That's just the thoughts of our retarded leadership in the DoD and DoS.  

The media and the chicken hawks in DC will compare Putin to Hitler and Nazi Germany's conquest of Europe. This is mostly about creating a buffer zone against NATO influence and expansion.  Russia is likely not moving against the Baltics and they sure as hell aren't invading Poland.  Pretty sure in a conventional battle, the Poles would kick the Russians ass on their home turf.  So that ain't happening.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 9:23:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#41]
Originally Posted By rca2222:

View All Quotes

"Ukraine dammed the North Crimean Canal seven years ago, cutting off the source of nearly 90% of the region’s fresh water and setting it back to the pre-1960s, when much was arid steppe".

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-03-19/russia-vs-ukraine-crimea-s-water-crisis-is-an-impossible-problem-for-putin

I see Russia has been spending money to remedy the problem with a pipeline.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tass.com/economy/1267321/amp
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#42]

"Ukraine dammed the North Crimean Canal seven years ago, cutting off the source of nearly 90% of the region's fresh water and setting it back to the pre-1960s, when much was arid steppe".

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-03-19/russia-vs-ukraine-crimea-s-water-crisis-is-an-impossible-problem-for-putin

View All Quotes

"Ukraine dammed the North Crimean Canal seven years ago, cutting off the source of nearly 90% of the region's fresh water and setting it back to the pre-1960s, when much was arid steppe".

Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Anybody else notice Putin pretending to be falling asleep when the Ukrainian delegation walked in at the opening ceremonies? What a turd.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By LoBrau:
Anybody else notice Putin pretending to be falling asleep when the Ukrainian delegation walked in at the opening ceremonies? What a turd.
View Quote

Not shocked and never mind Russian athletes still can't compete under their own flag and have to settle for this weird shit

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Putin flew home to Sochi last night.

His Presidential military parade boat was moved from the Baltic to the Black Sea last week.  Analysts are assuming he intends to visit the Crimea and Odessa once his troops take control of Ukraine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Putin flew home to Sochi last night.

His Presidential military parade boat was moved from the Baltic to the Black Sea last week.  Analysts are assuming he intends to visit the Crimea and Odessa once his troops take control of Ukraine.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:34:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#47]

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 1:47:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#48]
Ukrainians Prep to Defend Themselves as People Prepare for Invasion by Russia- WION News - 2/5/22

Ukrainians prep to defend themselves as people prepare for a possible invasion by Russia | WION

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/65378/ijpidfgjdg_PNG-2267732.png
View Quote

What? When have they done that before?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:08:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#50]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/65378/ijpidfgjdg_PNG-2267732.png

When they took Crimea in 2014 with almost ZERO resistance from the Ukrainian military which was due to the large amount of Ukrainian communists still in the government along with Kremlin-funded Part of Regions politicians (Yanukovich's party) still operating until they were ousted. Look for my posts previously as I explained in more detail.

Anyone who thinks that Putin will take all of Ukraine  over knows nothing about the history, politics, or current situation in Ukraine now.

Putin IS NOT in fear of NATO at all and that is NOT why Russian troops are on the border AND in Ukraine. That is his excuse that RT News watchers keep spouting. He is doing this because he wants Ukraine. Period.
Page / 5589
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top