Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 609 of 5584)
Page / 5584
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jacon:
The longer this goes, the worse it gets for UKR.  It appears Russia has re-taken the initiative

We'll know in 24 hours.
View Quote

What?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:53:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By CTAC:

@58teague   Is this a tease?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 58Teague:
wrong thread

Not intentionally. It's time to unsubscribe from this thread though.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Oh God, not again.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By W_E_G:
If George Soros is pumping Ukraine, should we be concerned?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/soros_jpg-2297048.JPG

Oh God, not again.

I wonder if he is buying Rubles or Yaun? He did make his fortune manipulating currency.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:54:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By doc540:

there it is
View Quote

No false bravado from me, I hate what's going on there and it hurts to watch, but I don't think one drop of American blood should be spilled in Ukraine.

Should Russia pose a real threat to the US, then that's a different story.

At this point threats and mean words are all that's going on when it comes to us.

Ukrainian's have shown they have the will and the fortitude to fight for themselves, and I do think we should give them the tools to do so.

If that makes me a coward, then so be it, but I wouldn't want to send my own child into that world, and therefore couldn't expect anyone else to either.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Who is in Putin's inner circle? Who would have the means and opportunity to put a Makarov behind his ear and end this madness?

Senior military advisors?
Wealthy Oligarch who's wealth has vanished?
Any close friends of note?

What happens if this played out? How dicey would it get in the immediate aftermath? How would China react?

I know, probably pie in the sky wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:54:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CTAC] [#6]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

Those vehicles had “V” painted on them, isn’t that the same identifier the Chechens were using?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreyHat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lesJCWtASH4

The aftermath of a fight in Bucha, which is about 10 miles outside Kyiv.

Those vehicles had “V” painted on them, isn’t that the same identifier the Chechens were using?

EDIT- DoesNT identify a unit.  Identifies the staging area....at least from our perspectives. Sure there is a little more to that to a Russian but..Chechens didn't have their own marking.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:55:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
some British volunteers on their way

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMtwctYXoA0RTla?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Jeremy Clarkson Gets Stuck In a Window During SAS Training | The Grand Tour | Prime Video

Still playing catch up. Sorry if that's a dupe.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:56:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By motown_steve:
Just keep in mind, it took the US, UK, Poland, Romania, Spain and several other countries a month to capture Iraq. The Fedayeen Saddam chased the Brits out of Basra the first time. That Russia hasn't steamrolled the Ukrainians isn't necessarily good news for the Ukrainians.

I'm starting to think that there is something to the idea that Putin wanted to limit civilian casualties and was hoping for a quick and clean decapitation of the Ukrainian government.

I'm starting to worry that philosophy is coming to an end, and that things are going to start getting more decisive and brutal.
View Quote

Well, the brightside is that he is not the US, Spain, UK and Poland. He has a fraction of the resources and his army a fraction of the training. He has lost a lot of armor and weapons.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:56:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Must see: Compilation of TB2 drones partying like its 1991 on hapless Russian ground forces.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/t3mukf/turkish_made_bayraktar_tb2s_used_by_ukraine/
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:56:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mokerr:

Not sure what you're basing this assessment on.
View Quote

Russia has nearly conquered the bottom and eastern halves of the country.  After that, they move up the Dneiper River and split UKR into two.  This gives Putin control of most of Ukraine, their natural resources and pipeline control.....which is everything he wants.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By zukguy:

No false bravado from me, I hate what's going on there and it hurts to watch, but I don't think one drop of American blood should be spilled in Ukraine.

Should Russia pose a real threat to the US, then that's a different story.

At this point threats and mean words are all that's going on when it comes to us.

Ukrainian's have shown they have the will and the fortitude to fight for themselves, and I do think we should give them the tools to do so.

If that makes me a coward, then so be it, but I wouldn't want to send my own child into that world, and therefore couldn't expect anyone else to either.
View Quote

there "it", the truth, is.

I stand by your side with the position you've taken.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:56:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m really starting to wonder what a failed Russian state might look like if this death spiral continues. There isn’t a deal he can make to get out of UKR and survive based on the blood and treasure he has lost along the way. The military has been humiliated and a lot of sons are coming home in bags.  I just don’t see how Putin turns this around before the Russian economy is bled dry and people go crazy.

How many possible states like Georgia, Chechnya would run for the door given the chance? How many small minorities regions could be created out of the Russian territories if the whole house of cars folds up? What are the ramifications of 5000 nukes out of control of a strong central power?

Assuming Putin doesn’t nuke the world first of course.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:56:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

That destruction went for far beyond where he stopped.  There was a lot of fucked up equipment there.
View Quote

Lots of dud artillery shells. Where these Russian or Ukraine with the ”v”?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:56:32 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes
wrong thread

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:56:47 PM EDT
[#15]
The convoy, even if all of the vehicles have fuel and are functional (which I doubt all of them are) and they have a clear path ahead and a place to go (which someone had mentioned bridges were blown ahead) how long would it take that traffic jam to unwind anyway? I can't imagine how long that would take to get moving on I-35 here let alone that road they are on there. Also, always heard stories that we had satellites that could tell what book you were reading in your backyard, I would think we would have eyes on every truck in that convoy with intel and threat assessments forwarded on? Just hoping maybe there is a reason that it has not been hit yet other than they don't have the capability to.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By YankeeWhite:
No they didn't, or Europe would be shutting down as the oil and gas ran out.  The powers in Europe left enough open to keep the energy flowing.  At the rate biden is shutting things down here, with oil and gas leases, it could take up to a year to get us back to Trump's energy dominance.  Why would Russia need to sell to anyone but China, it's the biggest market in the world and they both have been getting out of the dollar.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:

They did. When Russia got booted out of SWIFT, that cut off the petrodollar avenue. We don't need Russian oil or gas and they know we don't. The fact that our Corruption in Chief is getting his 10% vig for allowing Russian oil to be imported to the US means diddly. As for grain, Russia won't be able to sell to anyone *but* ChinaIsAsshoe and they will want gold for payment. That means US farmers will have a larger market for their grain.
No they didn't, or Europe would be shutting down as the oil and gas ran out.  The powers in Europe left enough open to keep the energy flowing.  At the rate biden is shutting things down here, with oil and gas leases, it could take up to a year to get us back to Trump's energy dominance.  Why would Russia need to sell to anyone but China, it's the biggest market in the world and they both have been getting out of the dollar.

Yes, they did. Europe is not currently buying natural gas because of the sanctions. The gas pipeline is still intact, however, since the idea is once Russia stops doing stupid shit, they may (or may not) resume purchases. They have sufficient oil because they can import that from elsewhere. As for our own energy independence, it would take a few weeks at most to get back to that level because the frackers have re-started things already (due to the price of oil jumping). ChinaIsAsshoe *cant* get out from the dollar for two reasons. One, their entire economy is based on selling their slave-labor produced shit to America. Two, they are a huge imported of oil and gas and they have to buy that oil and gas using dollars. So, you're completely wrong on everything you just posted.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:57:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SEAN10MM:

Lot's of toasty enemy vehicles.
View Quote

I am slightly weirded out at the lack of any bodies, like they just vaporized. The scene reminded me a bit of highway of death, but there were loads of bodies there. When he peeked inside the BMP I thought I'd see some crispy dead dudes.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Yeah, dude with no face was rough. And just when you think the camera is panning away it goes back and almost goes into the empty face cavity. “Well his tongue is still there.”
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Not gonna buff out

Not sure if Telegram links work but if you want the raw shit go there

Yeah, dude with no face was rough. And just when you think the camera is panning away it goes back and almost goes into the empty face cavity. “Well his tongue is still there.”

I can't seem to get a single Telegram video to play for me. It says "Open in channel" and does nothing.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:58:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Does identify a unit.  Identifies the staging area....at least from our perspectives. Sure there is a little more to that to a Russian but..Chechens didn't have their own marking.
View All Quotes

Does identify a unit.  Identifies the staging area....at least from our perspectives. Sure there is a little more to that to a Russian but..Chechens didn't have their own marking.

They didn't have their own specific marking, but their trucks were marked with a "V"

https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/t3hop1/chechen_mercenaries_release_an_im_coming_for_you/
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:58:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ghostmonkey] [#21]
If Russia collapses enough are we gonna see Escape from Tarkov real life edition?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

I made my predictions early, before the invasion, specifically that there WOULD be an invasion, and that their objective was Kyiv.

Now, I’m just watching Russia fail.  Their military sucks.  Their decision making sucks.  The humiliation of Russia is worrisome, but it’s of their own making.

My one editorial opinion, and food for thought…

Joe Biden was given the power to know in advance what was going to happen (the invasion). However, he didn’t know what to do with that forewarning.

He was also told exactly what was going to happen during the withdrawal from Afghanistan, more than a month in advance.

In both instances, he was given “decision advantage,” and he had no idea what to do.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
This thread has devolved into something strange.

Would love to have your analysis.  I don't always agree with you, but I often do and always appreciate your input. You seem to have been hiding in the .mil forum.

I made my predictions early, before the invasion, specifically that there WOULD be an invasion, and that their objective was Kyiv.

Now, I’m just watching Russia fail.  Their military sucks.  Their decision making sucks.  The humiliation of Russia is worrisome, but it’s of their own making.

My one editorial opinion, and food for thought…

Joe Biden was given the power to know in advance what was going to happen (the invasion). However, he didn’t know what to do with that forewarning.

He was also told exactly what was going to happen during the withdrawal from Afghanistan, more than a month in advance.

In both instances, he was given “decision advantage,” and he had no idea what to do.

Another scoop of vanilla please?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:58:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By cbsaf:

You should knock off the personal attacks of calling others idiots.  

My point was that it is a poor tactic to have a convoy in the open and there is also some reason it isn't being hit.
View Quote

They don't have the resources. It's a small military, they are being given planes because theirs are pretty much destroyed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:59:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Digger440:

I wonder if he is buying Rubles or Yaun? He did make his fortune manipulating currency.
View Quote

My guess is he’s shorting the dollar.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:59:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DepletedUranium:
Reports of guys coating their bullets in pig fat are confirmed. Link is below. It's to a webm on 4chan. Webms might not play on your ipad or iphone/mobile device.

Ukrainian Coats Bullets in Pig Fat

View Quote
I think that was part of Azov claiming to use it against the Chechen orcs 2 days ago. Not sure if they actually engaged with them or it was just a show, but Twitter was, of course, all butthurt about it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:59:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Well, the brightside is that he is not the US, Spain, UK and Poland. He has a fraction of the resources and his army a fraction of the training. He has lost a lot of armor and weapons.
View All Quotes
Just keep in mind, it took the US, UK, Poland, Romania, Spain and several other countries a month to capture Iraq. The Fedayeen Saddam chased the Brits out of Basra the first time. That Russia hasn't steamrolled the Ukrainians isn't necessarily good news for the Ukrainians.

I'm starting to think that there is something to the idea that Putin wanted to limit civilian casualties and was hoping for a quick and clean decapitation of the Ukrainian government.

I'm starting to worry that philosophy is coming to an end, and that things are going to start getting more decisive and brutal.

We've been brought up on the Rumsfeld doctrine. Anything slower and dirtier seems odd to us.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:01:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
Daughter is 5. I'm NOT fucking watching that shit. Nope.
View All Quotes

Mine is 9 and her brother is 5. I feel you. I generally can't read that shit. Destroys my soul. I can handle stuff done to adults. When kids are involved? Just crushes me to pieces.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:01:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By RainierV:

Mine is 9 and her brother is 5. I feel you. I generally can't read that shit. Destroys my soul. I can handle stuff done to adults. When kids are involved? Just crushes me to pieces.
View Quote

knew better than to watch
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:02:03 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Dk prof is going to have a stroke when he comes back into the thread.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:02:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:

They didn't have their own specific marking, but their trucks were marked with a "V"

https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/t3hop1/chechen_mercenaries_release_an_im_coming_for_you/
View Quote

I like the foil tape addition to the uniforms.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:03:13 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

yeah....I edited it.  I typod.  S2 Underground had a good image of it a couple days ago but be damned if I can find it
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:03:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Ukraine still has the best Army recruitment video of all time:

Ukrainian Armed Forces “Each of Us”
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:03:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By YaNi05:
I think that was part of Azov claiming to use it against the Chechen orcs 2 days ago. Not sure if they actually engaged with them or it was just a show, but Twitter was, of course, all butthurt about it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YaNi05:
Originally Posted By DepletedUranium:
Reports of guys coating their bullets in pig fat are confirmed. Link is below. It's to a webm on 4chan. Webms might not play on your ipad or iphone/mobile device.

Ukrainian Coats Bullets in Pig Fat

I must've missed it if it was somewhere in the last 100 pages of this thread. I can't sift/keep up with it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:03:45 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

That looked like a good ambush.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:05:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

What? Just offered to hook him up if he wanted to go fight. Offered another person too, but think he was talking about being a "combat correspondent "
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By USMCTanker:

Does his sentiment really offend you?

What? Just offered to hook him up if he wanted to go fight. Offered another person too, but think he was talking about being a "combat correspondent "

Nope;  you were trying to make a point shared by every leftist I ever listened to in my lifetime.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:05:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By M-1975:

Video:

View Quote

Maybe they figured Ukraine would pay better?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:05:17 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

I think you are probably right. I also think that the further Putin escalates this the more support Ukraine will receive from the west...which in turn runs the risk of escalating the situation more. There is no easy path to deescalation right now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:05:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Sunrise is on the way.   Things seem to pickup in that magical predawn hour.  We'll see
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:07:22 AM EDT
[#40]

yeah....I edited it.  I typod.  S2 Underground had a good image of it a couple days ago but be damned if I can find it
View Quote

This picture?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:07:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://www.nbcnews.com/investigations/frustrated-putin-may-order-escalation-violence-ukraine-us-officials-sa-rcna18026

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMu2KtHWQAAHPFm?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Wonder if anyone put his image in to that hitler bunker video yet
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:08:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By sulman:

I am slightly weirded out at the lack of any bodies, like they just vaporized. The scene reminded me a bit of highway of death, but there were loads of bodies there. When he peeked inside the BMP I thought I'd see some crispy dead dudes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SEAN10MM:

Lot's of toasty enemy vehicles.

Possible he was inspecting a vehicle in the middle of a convoy or grouping. Fronts and rears get smashed first to create a blockage, those left in the middle get picked off as crew members try to escape on foot if they can't drive out. Hopefully the crews got machine gunned as they made for the fields or got RPG'd as they tried holing up in a structure.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Even the sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:09:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CharlieR] [#44]

Russia has nearly conquered the bottom and eastern halves of the country.  After that, they move up the Dneiper River and split UKR into two.  This gives Putin control of most of Ukraine, their natural resources and pipeline control.....which is everything he wants.
View Quote

No, Putin has in all liklihood just about lost.

Every day of the sanctions, his political position weakens.

The great unknown variable is how Ukraine would react. Well, they will fight.  They have more fighters then weapons and basically all of Europe will ship them weapons and ammo.

The Russians are stupidly sending mech forces in a frontal assault toward Kiev out of the North and Kharkov from the NE.  The last thing you do as a mech force facing light infantrymen is make a beeline for cities.  But there we are. It will be the worst possible kill ratio for them and the collateral damage and civilian casualties will ruin their political support, and galvanize the Ukrainians.

The Russian conscripts are not motivated and that is precisely what you need alot of if you are going to assault a city.  Cities absorb HE really well, defenders hole up inside buildings and assaulters are out in the open. and MOUT requires lots of supplies, especially class V, ammo;; and resupply ops dont seem to be going to swell either.

At the end of all this, if the Russians continue to want to fight, it goes to insurgency.

In short, the defenders are far more motivated then the attackers, but there is a firepower disparity, and that will be mediated quickly.  They have done a really good job of information ops and are getting the sorts of soft power they need; supplies and sanctions. That's enough.

There is NOT an endstate where the peaceful Ukrainians are part of the Ukraine SSR and are back into the fold.  There is NOT an endstate where Putin accomplishes his goals. The question is now about time and blood.

I was wrong; I thought the Ukrainians would get rolled like Afghanistan 1979 and win in an insurgency bit the Russians are not even that successful.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
wrong thread

no please, stay you have some of the best info @58Teague
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:09:54 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Dead bodies get blocked by a lot of platforms and ukraine doesn't want to show them either.

Also i don't look at any that report to show them
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:10:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/AF2E845C-BCBD-4498-8431-A31ED0379DBA_png-2297066.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/05CE01AF-5423-47FA-8608-D4D90EF6DBA2_png-2297067.JPG
View Quote

The world's largest cargo plane by length was severely burnt in a Russian shell attack on Gostomel airport near Kyiv today, Ukraine said.

The Ukrainian-made Antonov-225 Mriya, meaning The Dream, could cost more than $3billion (£2.24billion) to repair, a sum Ukraine's state arms manufacturer Ukroboronprom said it would try to get Russia to front up.

The 'legendary' plane was originally designed by the Soviet Union when it controlled Ukraine as a Socialist republic but today Ukraine said it was burnt in a Russian attack on Gostomel airport, also known as Hostomel or Antonov airport.

The airfield near Kyiv could play a key role for Russia to send more arms to Ukraine.

In a statement retweeted by the Ukrainian President's office, the country said: 'We will rebuild the plane

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10557563/Fears-iconic-Antonov-225-Ukraine-claimed-damaged-Russians-Kyiv-airfield.html
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Not sure what you're basing this assessment on.

They haven’t taken Kharkiv or Mariupol and aren’t even contesting Odessa but they’ve taken the “bottom” and eastern halves of the country?   Did you learn geography at Medvale, School for the Gifted?

BTW, if they had taken two “halves” they’d have taken the whole thing.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:11:34 AM EDT
[#49]

Yes, they did. Europe is not currently buying natural gas because of the sanctions. The gas pipeline is still intact, however, since the idea is once Russia stops doing stupid shit, they may (or may not) resume purchases. They have sufficient oil because they can import that from elsewhere. As for our own energy independence, it would take a few weeks at most to get back to that level because the frackers have re-started things already (due to the price of oil jumping). ChinaIsAsshoe *cant* get out from the dollar for two reasons. One, their entire economy is based on selling their slave-labor produced shit to America. Two, they are a huge imported of oil and gas and they have to buy that oil and gas using dollars. So, you're completely wrong on everything you just posted.
View All Quotes

They did. When Russia got booted out of SWIFT, that cut off the petrodollar avenue. We don't need Russian oil or gas and they know we don't. The fact that our Corruption in Chief is getting his 10% vig for allowing Russian oil to be imported to the US means diddly. As for grain, Russia won't be able to sell to anyone *but* ChinaIsAsshoe and they will want gold for payment. That means US farmers will have a larger market for their grain.

Believe what makes you happy, but why would China need to buy oil in dollars if they are getting it from Russia, they have been trending down on dollar reserves.  Do you think the Chinese have figured out if they develop their middle class, in a country of over one billion people they don't need to worry about 320 million here?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:11:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Stalingrad & Monte Cassino

rubble worked in favor of defenders
Page / 5584
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 609 of 5584)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top