Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 568 of 5584)
Page / 5584
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 4thbreak:
View Quote

The cascading begins.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Ih784:

Not racists, just realistic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Drsalee:

I don’t think those refugees will be allowed in the USA……….too white.

Not racists, just realistic.

US Embassy in Poland is basically telling Ukrainian refugees to show up, tell them they're students, and they'll get issued a visa.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BigReb:

You may be wrong there prof.  I think poland is mighty nervous that they are next.

If shit starts going sideways for the Ukrainians they might fo without nato.
View Quote

Think Putin will go after non NATO countries that used to be in the Russian empire first. Will get more manpower and resources before trying to go in for the big win

Or whatever
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
This is the most insane set of events that defy all logic and reason. I firmly believe we are witnessing russia commit suicide as a nation and likely as an ethnicity. Only way russia survives this is with a military coup or a popular uprising against Putin. Ukraine already won this war. Glory to them.

If this is some kind of Dugin induced autistic crusade and russian troops shell or storm Kyiv, they deserve everything that happens to them for attacking the birthplace of their own civilization.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CitizenQ:

Spoils of war
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CitizenQ:
Originally Posted By Defcon:
What the hell are they going to pay them with?!?!

Spoils of war
so broken tanks and shit stained russian underwear
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:56:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman] [#7]
Originally Posted By Sevenator:
I'm wondering why that column remains unmolested, given that we know that Ukraine has drones. If they still have operational plans with guns, they could have a field day. So much weirdness about this whole thing so far.
View Quote

Still seeing that convoy as a honeypot - which is why it is not being attacked.

Ukraine is almost certainly getting a ton of intel from NATO, and would be aware of exactly how that convoy is being protected.

They can't afford major losses, so might as well attack something unprotected somewhere else and not take the bait.

The close coordination of western intel would explain the notable success of the drone strikes, especially in taking out russian air defense systems. The only way I can imagine the Ukrainians sending those critical drones against a SAM site is if they had damn good intel that it wasn't set up / active yet.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#8]
All the f-16’s from the Toledo based 180 fighter wing just took off. We normally hear them every day or every other though since they often loop over my place during their training flights so it doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Definitely had the kids quiet down when I heard the engines though
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Feels like sitting on the sidelines during the big game. Will somebody get in there and wreck that damn convoy!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:57:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HostisHumaniGeneris] [#10]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Even if Putin takes Ukraine he has already said he plans to take more.
View Quote
He's struggling against Ukraine. He would have no chance against NATO-armed Poland or Baltic states.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By gene_wi:
This is the most insane set of events that defy all logic and reason. I firmly believe we are witnessing russia commit suicide as a nation and likely as an ethnicity. Only way russia survives this is with a military coup or a popular uprising against Putin. Ukraine already won this war. Glory to them.

If this is some kind of Dugin induced autistic crusade and russian troops shell or storm Kyiv, they deserve everything that happens to them for attacking the birthplace of their own civilization.
View Quote

Russia is winning, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#12]
The alert sirens are sounding different tonight
Different tone

Kiev
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AZ_Mike:

Hitler '38 who the West appeased at the Munich Conference was not "Hitler" '42 whom the world would come to understand in '45.  It was still wrong to appease.
View Quote

I'm not sure Putin is being appeased. Those weapons we are sending to Ukraine are going to make things very tough for him. The Ukrainians seem to care enough to defend their own country, and the Russians seem incompetent.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
The alert sirens are sounding different tonight
Different tone

Kiev
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3yMxxAkN4w
View Quote

and on some cams what I think are tracers turn out to be fast-flying insects thru the camera light   :o
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Action45:

Feed?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rhinodo99:
Air raid siren

Feed?

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

View All Quotes

Couple more victories like this and there won't be a Russia, anymore.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Israel is a non-NATO member with F-35s correct?

Just sayin
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aswrg7:

Israel is a non-NATO member with F-35s correct?

Just sayin

Who needs a "false flag" when the Russian conscripts walk up and hand you their unit's guidon on a silver plater.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:59:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Oakley] [#18]
Originally Posted By Doz_TCC:
All the f-16’s from the Toledo based 180 fighter wing just took off. We normally hear them every day or every other though since they often loop over my place during their training flights so it doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Definitely had the kids quiet down when I heard the engines though
View Quote

*Walks outside,  scans the sky..

ETA: They're probably assisting TPD..
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By CZRider:

So she definitely caught on fire a little at the end there

Also top post pointed out it appeared to be getting towed ny a tractor unless it was just suspiciously stuck in traffic. Possible blue on recently-turned-green there just for more comedic value?
View Quote

If you see something with a Z on it, throw a molotov at it, thems the rules
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#20]
You can't tell me that there isn't more than a few Russian Oligarchs who are beyond pissed that Putin is screwing up their ability to party with hot chicks in exotic locations on their yachts.  Not to mention the havoc he has caused in their financial holdings.  This continues much longer I have to think they will make a move on him.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Ukraine is almost certainly getting a ton of intel from NATO, and would be aware of exactly how that convoy is being protected.

They can't afford major losses, so might as well attack something unprotected somewhere else and not take the bait.
View Quote

And as long as it's not moving, it's doing the Russians no good. It's all useful materiel that can be captured and used later.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

I definitely HOPE I am wrong.

But seeing a Russian convoy sitting unmolested for days, and just getting bigger, is a very bad sign.  Seeing Ukrainian formations potentially getting encircled is a very bad sign.  Seeing Russia beginning to use cluster munitions in urban areas is a very bad sign.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlueSetter:
I hope Ukraine Decimates the Russian forces. That said, do we now completely discount US intel?  From the start they’ve said this will be an overwhelming win for Russia.  If we do discount our own intel services, how screwed are we? I mean, if we got this so wrong, and Afghanistan so wrong, are we the incompetent ones?

Russia is almost certainly still going to "win" - in the sense that the math/numbers haven't changed, and nobody in the West is willing to go to war to prevent Ukraine for losing.  They will eventually destroy the Ukraine military, and they will eventually take the cities.

But, the WAY they are winning is obviously not what they had planned, and this whole thing is blowing up in Putin's face.

I'm seeing more avenues to Russia losing / being forced to withdrawal.

Supply line collapse: Sure, the big convoy is coming through without getting attacked, but they need resupply everywhere. a couple giant slow convoys cannot satisfy their logistical needs.

Troop morale collapse: they're conservatively at 2% KIA in five days, and might have literally walked into this expecting a training mission. At what point do the Russian troops break?

Unrest at home forcing Russia's hand: stock market started crashing and was frozen, runs on banks, exchange rate plummeting, loss of trade threatening to implode their economy and ruin their already meager quality of life. How long until the protests get bigger and more aggressive?

I definitely HOPE I am wrong.

But seeing a Russian convoy sitting unmolested for days, and just getting bigger, is a very bad sign.  Seeing Ukrainian formations potentially getting encircled is a very bad sign.  Seeing Russia beginning to use cluster munitions in urban areas is a very bad sign.

If Russia uses its army as a blunt object they’ll take Kiev and probably the whole nation.

But the Ukrainians are bloodying the Russians a lot more than anyone thought they would, which is a good thing.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CTAC:

Thanks.  A link I just found interesting regarding Russian radio.........
Monitoring Airwaves During Ukrainian Conflict
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:

@mancow-  How often are you picking up traffic on comms?  Been on for an hour and haven't found hardly anything.  I do see what appears to be a lot of jamming on the waterfall.

@CTAC

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471670/Screenshot_20220227-155643_Instagram_jpg-2295373.JPG

Use this to listen, pick a SDR near Eastern Europe

http://rx.linkfanel.net/

Thanks.  A link I just found interesting regarding Russian radio.........
Monitoring Airwaves During Ukrainian Conflict

Bookmarking that for later...
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

A lot of arguing and conspiracies, peace talks broke down, a big convoy is still heard towards Kyiv.

So, basically nothing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By CS223:
When that was first posted I was thinking to myself wouldn't it be funny if hams radio partisans started jamming their freqs. Or better yet Russian speaking partisans started giving orders. And behold someone started RickRolling them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:
Originally Posted By elcope:

@CTAC

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471670/Screenshot_20220227-155643_Instagram_jpg-2295373.JPG

Use this to listen, pick a SDR near Eastern Europe

http://rx.linkfanel.net/
When that was first posted I was thinking to myself wouldn't it be funny if hams radio partisans started jamming their freqs. Or better yet Russian speaking partisans started giving orders. And behold someone started RickRolling them.

Oh yea, they have. It's been an international gang bang of jammers.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:02:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman] [#26]
Originally Posted By et_slowpoke:

And as long as it's not moving, it's doing the Russians no good. It's all useful materiel that can be captured and used later.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By et_slowpoke:

Which again says bait / honeypot to me.

It's a ton of critical resources that are desperately needed all across the warzone. Crawling along at a walking pace is not a viable supply delivery option, so it must be serving some other purpose.

If super slow convoy like this is Russia's only remaining logistical option, they'll lose in a matter of days. Not possible to keep up with the rate of consumption this way.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

"winning"

The Russian economy is in shambles after a few days of sanctions. Even if/when they win, they've still lost. As I mentioned earlier, FSB are now questioning Russian citizens leaving Russia... not the actions of someone that is "winning" in the traditional sense of the word.

Yes, they're likely to take Kiev, but this is going to be a Pyrrhic victory.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:
Nice drive by!

A little splash back, but mostly peaceful.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By HostisHumaniGeneris:
A few people here need to read this:

View Quote

You can have morals but don’t have to act morally amirite 🤔
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Russia is losing, and its likely loosing everything in the next week or so. This will be a worse outcome for them then communism. This is not the 19th century.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Im just here to open my doors to any of the hot UKR refugee chicks that Ive seen on the FaceGram, InstaBook and TikTacs
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:04:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

Would you rather stay and fight for your home, or have your family moved to the projects in East Baltimore?
View Quote

Wife and kids out of the war zone. They don’t have to go to the hood like you want. There’s thousands of Americans who would take them in.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Parabellum08:

Yep.  Even if Zelenskii doesn’t want to liberalize gun ownership after this, there will so many guns distributed/left lying around on the battlefield by dead/wounded/surrendered troops that any gun control laws will become somewhat irrelevant.  People might need to hide what they have, but lots of people are going to get/stay strapped just in case.  

I personally know a guy in Norway whose family still has an MP40 lying in a closet that was looted when the German occupation troops left.   Just in case the war wasn’t as over as everybody thought it was.  Illegal guns leftover from the war are very much still a thing 80 years after the fact.  I refer to it as the dirty little secret of European gun control.  

Also important to remember is that the EU will likely make Ukraine have some baseline of gun control to be a part of the EU, Schengen Zone, or European Economic Area.  They have made Switzerland change their laws several times on the latter two bases.
View Quote

Maybe Europe changes a little of their view on “gun control”.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxccQbqL44w

Dark Lord of Optics....russian guy (immigrated to the US and hates communists) who works in the optics industry had an interesting video last night about some of this stuff. He has a guy on that is former Ukrainian military that is in contact with some of his friends back in Kiev etc. It's a very long video but basically Spetznaz folks were in Kiev and other cities months ahead of the invasion. They rented apts, got jobs, etc to blend in. Once the invasion kicked off they started doing all of their special operator guy stuff but were quickly discovered by Ukrainian police and military and eliminated.
View Quote

Thanks for the link and info.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TylerF:
Jesus. The tinfoil is strong today.
View Quote

And the purse swinging is out of control.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:05:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

.rumor is he's sick
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Javak:
Putin certainly looks old and bloated.

.rumor is he's sick
I had a very close friend who died of brain cancer. The bloating was from the treatments trying to kill the brain tumors.
In his last year, his face had that same bloated look Putin now has.
We could barely carry the casket.

If it is brain tumors, entire sections of the brain go on the fritz, which combined with Putin's megamaniacal personality, could lead to his seemingly irrational and paranoid behavior.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Live stream is playing Whiskey Meyers again and the FO Crow is crowing. It's about to go down!
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#38]

Wife and kids out of the war zone. They don’t have to go to the hood like you want. There’s thousands of Americans who would take them in.
View Quote

pic of wife?  

sorry, just trying to break the tension here for a moment
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:07:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:
Nice drive by!

A little splash back, but mostly peaceful.

View Quote

Ballsy! That blonde babe has big brass ones.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:08:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: southerncross] [#41]
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:09:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#42]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
All the drone strikes I see are hitting buks first.

Are they doing that for the secondary carnage, or because the Ukrainians have air assets like frogfoots to hit these convoys?

That convoy had got to get decimated
View Quote

How many migs did they just get from Europe?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

A kiss from Saint Javelin
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Hking:

This is all so fucking confusing. Are they just sending the decoy battalions made up of retards from insane asylums with junk gear hoping they will burn up all the Ukrainian NLAWS and Javelins before sending in their actual military? Or is this Russians actual military that everyone ahs been so afraid of?
View Quote
I think the latter to be honset , who knew
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

That is A LOT of fuel that didn't get to Russian forces.
View Quote

Hah, the villagers siphoning fuel out into every container they have!

Suck it russkies!
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

"winning"

The Russian economy is in shambles after a few days of sanctions. Even if/when they win, they've still lost. As I mentioned earlier, FSB are now questioning Russian citizens leaving Russia... not the actions of someone that is "winning" in the traditional sense of the word.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

"winning"

The long term ramifications of this are going to be ugly.  

Fucking dickhead Putin.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#47]

Don't get me wrong.  LOTS of people want to help, but no Western government is willing to get directly involved, and send their OWN military units to fight/kill Russian units.

And unfortunately without direct intervention, I don't think all of the help (weapons, materiel, supplies, volunteers, etc.) will be ENOUGH.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Originally Posted By BlueSetter:
I hope Ukraine Decimates the Russian forces. That said, do we now completely discount US intel?  From the start they’ve said this will be an overwhelming win for Russia.  If we do discount our own intel services, how screwed are we? I mean, if we got this so wrong, and Afghanistan so wrong, are we the incompetent ones?

Russia is almost certainly still going to "win" - in the sense that the math/numbers haven't changed, and nobody in the West is willing to go to war to prevent Ukraine for losing.  They will eventually destroy the Ukraine military, and they will eventually take the cities.

But, the WAY they are winning is obviously not what they had planned, and this whole thing is blowing up in Putin's face.

I just watched a flight from Denmark and a flight from Germany land just inside western Ukraine
They flew with their transponders on the whole way... totally out of fucks to give.

I wouldn't be so quick to say "Nobody will help." because I just saw it happen/

Don't get me wrong.  LOTS of people want to help, but no Western government is willing to get directly involved, and send their OWN military units to fight/kill Russian units.

And unfortunately without direct intervention, I don't think all of the help (weapons, materiel, supplies, volunteers, etc.) will be ENOUGH.

And then Ukraine goes to an insurgency phase.  Their people are motivated, combat-experienced, and enough arms have been distributed that Russian occupation forces won’t be able to find them all (or even most of them).  They will also have a lot of trouble patrolling the Carpathian border region and swampy/forested Polish/Ukrainian/Belarusian border region to interdict arms being brought in from Hungary, Romania, and Poland.  

Russia can “win” all they want, they can’t make 40 million people with a large and continuous supply of weapons not hate them, especially not after what they’ve done.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:12:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Ronnoc:
How long till we see an Arfcom user name of OdessaA$$Bandit?
View Quote

Change request submitted....
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Suburbanhillbilly:
I had a very close friend who died of brain cancer. The bloating was from the treatments trying to kill the brain tumors.

If it is brain tumors, entire sections of the brain go on the fritz, which combined with Putin's megamaniacal personality, could lead to his seemingly irrational and paranoid behavior.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Suburbanhillbilly:
Originally Posted By Javak:
Putin certainly looks old and bloated.

.rumor is he's sick

That - or maybe just a parasite in the brain from all the gay sex Putin has.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
All the drone strikes I see are hitting buks first.

Are they doing that for the secondary carnage, or because the Ukrainians have air assets like frogfoots to hit these convoys?

That convoy had got to get decimated

There were tweets posted in either this thread or the mil one saying the EU backed out.
Page / 5584
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 568 of 5584)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top