Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1775 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Are we seeing the end of Russia as a major military power of which it may never recover? A Russian future where they will be hard pressed to confidently defend their own borders from outside aggression. (We see you, China.)

I'm 60+ years old and the Russians have been a feared enemy my entire life.  That may end very soon.

We may be seeing a significant shift in world powers.

Has that sunk in yet?
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

I was about to throw a fit about Lavrov too, but then I realized that he's merely sending a message threatening us. He's doing what Putin's lap dog is supposed to be doing, nothing more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

"You better not stop us from attacking people or we will nuke you.it will all be your fault."

I was about to throw a fit about Lavrov too, but then I realized that he's merely sending a message threatening us. He's doing what Putin's lap dog is supposed to be doing, nothing more.

Unfortunately there are plenty of western useful idiots that say “why are we poking the bear!?!?!”.

You have to point out how stupid/hypocritical they are.

Heck we have “conservatives” here that see no difference between the US and Russia right now.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#3]

I didn’t here them say they were going to destroy Russia. I heard they wanted to stop Russias ability to attack and assault their sovereign neighbors outside of Russia. No speak of “destroying Russia”.

To say that Russia has some sort of reason to use nukes or get angry about that statement is silly and carrying water for Russia.

Russia: “I attacked someone and you want me to stop? Why are you cashing me to shoot nukes at you!?!”

Responses from idiots: “Why are we poking the Russian bear!?!?!?!”
View Quote

Saying that the goal was to weaken Russia was a mistake.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#4]
up for air again

"Could It Be?"

Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By M-1975:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FROsfWHWUAQs6uS?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

I want one.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

I kind of see him as Goebbels. He is the face of the effort with regard to political interactions, he's carrying the message out to the world, and participating in the threats/extortion. They're just masking it as legitimate since he is labelled a diplomat.
I don't see him as any less a part of this just because he isn't making decisions or standing in Donbas with a rifle.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Cool.  Not sure if legit.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

I want one.
View Quote

Yep, I would buy one.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
This is what provides a route from Romania to Odessa that avoids Moldova: if Russia severs this then Odessa becomes incredibly more difficult to supply.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/EA4D4432-D084-42F6-A286-9B798B945A2C_jpe-2362385.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:09:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Why would they announce this?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Why would they announce this?

As someone already pointed out, a “military expert” announced this.

But the Ukrainians earlier threatened to attack the bridge between the Crimea and southern Ukraine.  One plausible reason to announce that was to tie up Russian air defense assets on a target they don’t actually intend to attack, so the assets cannot be used elsewhere.

The Ukrainians could also have “leaked” an intention to attack in two weeks, while actually planning to attack in ONE week, surprising the defenders.  Or attack in THREE weeks when the Russians become complacent.

I believe Ukrainian psyops and deceptions are superior to Russian ones.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Unfortunately there are plenty of western useful idiots that say “why are we poking the bear!?!?!”.

Heck we have “conservatives” here that see no difference between the US and Russia right now.
View All Quotes

"You better not stop us from attacking people or we will nuke you.it will all be your fault."

I keep wondering how a Tom Clancy Novel version of this would go.

He always way overestimated the Russians.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I definitely don't get why our people came out and said "Yeah, our goal is to destroy russia." Basically. After russia said quite clearly they would use nukes if their existence is threatened. All our people had do to was shut up.
View Quote

There are some who work to maintain and benefit from a perpetual state of crisis/fear. That is a fact.

Something had to replace covid. So far Ukraine hasn't lived up to covid (unless you're Ukrainian) so they need to inflame it more.

What will replace Ukraine when it fizzles out?
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#14]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FROsfWHWUAQs6uS?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Ukranians. Ukranians are like innovative american rednecks. Russians are like their criminal white trash cousins.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#15]

I got a whole pile of the Berlin Wall behind the barn.
Guess war profiteering comes in many forms.
Sucker born every minute.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Starsky delivers some great news! That rapist from the phone interception was captured.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/501509/Screenshot_20220426-090641_YouTube_jpg-2362445.JPG

He's not going to have a good time.
View Quote

I hope they use that dildo, no lube, they took from dead icicle Orc.  Ram it all the way into his stomach.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Undaunted:

Those dudes don't look dug in at all.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Undaunted:

Those dudes don't look dug in at all.

Yeah, that ain't USMC brand 'Dug In' at all.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Everybodygotone:

There are some who work to maintain and benefit from a perpetual state of crisis/fear. That is a fact.

Something had to replace covid. So far Ukraine hasn't lived up to covid (unless you're Ukrainian) so they need to inflame it more.

What will replace Ukraine when it fizzles out?
View Quote

Looks like the Solomons so far.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#20]
I've been waiting for some pics or vids of this place to surface. It's the Ukrainian repair depot for their air defense systems in Balakliya. Russia captured the town a few weeks ago.

Telegram video

https://t.me/UkrWarRep/4867
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

What the f....? What did I miss? Why is russia now attacking Odessa?

My liberal friends would  already like to unsnap the leash from the US military and cry "havoc". I guess crimes against humanity gets lots of people upset. But why is russia now ALSO starting a war with Odessa.

AH! Ignore my ignorance. I just woke up and wasn't that great at geography anyway. It's part of Ukraine. Sorry.
View Quote

Why aren't they demanding biden send in the military or going in themselves?
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhw5_S7kE0k
View Quote

I remember writing letters to GIs in Vietnam when I was in 1st or 2nd grade.  "Dear Joe,  I hope you kill lots of Charlie today."  I never knew if anyone ever received one!
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Russia is at WAR with NATO and there is now a real chance the conflict will turn NUCLEAR, Kremlin foreign minister Sergei Lavrov warns

Video

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/26/08/57056319-10753935-image-m-15_1650957036983.jpg

Russia's top diplomat has warned that NATO is now fighting a proxy war with Russia in Ukraine and there is a 'very serious' risk the conflict could turn nuclear.

Sergei Lavrov, speaking on Russian state TV last night, accused western leaders of risking a third world war by supplying heavy weapons to Ukraine with the goal of 'wearing down the Russian army' - an aim he described as an 'illusion'.

Accusing NATO and its allies of attempting to bully Russia on the international stage, Lavrov said that tensions between east and west are now worse than during the Cuban missile crisis at the height of the Cold War.

Asked directly about the possibility of a nuclear war, he replied: 'The risks are very significant. I do not want the danger to be artificially inflated but it is serious, real. It cannot be underestimated.'

Lavrov said: 'During the Cuban Missile Crisis there were not many "written" rules. But the rules of conduct were clear enough.

'Moscow understood how Washington was behaving. Washington understood how Moscow was behaving. Now there are few rules left.

He added: 'In those years, there was a channel of communication that both leaders trusted. Now there is no such channel. Nobody is trying to create it.'

America did set up a 'deconfliction line' to Moscow in the early days of the Ukraine war, but said the Russia side stopped answering.

Lavrov also repeated warnings that shipments of western weapons into Ukraine will be considered legitimate targets by Russia - a day after missiles struck the country's train network in an apparent attempt to stop the deliveries.

he spoke as western nations shift focus in Ukraine from supplying small arms and defensive weapons such as anti-tank and anti-aricraft missiles, to providing heavier arms such as tanks, helicopters, aircraft and long-range artillery.

The move comes in response to calls from Kyiv to provide its armed forces with the means to recapture territory occupied by Russian forces, in the wake of atrocities carried out by Putin's men in places such as Bucha and Irpin.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin travelled to Kyiv on Sunday for a face-to-face meeting with President Zelensky to discuss supplies, before pledging another multi-million dollar shipment.

Austin will also chair a meeting of more than 40 defence ministers at Ramstein air base in Germany today, aimed at securing additional supplies and coordinating efforts between allies to ensure Ukraine has everything it needs.

Ahead of the meeting, Austin stated the goal is to ensure Ukraine 'can win' the war against Russia and 'weaken' the country to the point where it cannot repeat its invasion a second time.

Ahead of the meeting, German media reported that the country will end weeks of dithering and agree to supply heavy arms to Ukraine in the form of 50 Gepard anti-aircraft systems.

Continued
View Quote

L O L

These retards just don’t get it. Don’t attack your neighbors and nobody will want you dead. Getting mad that you can’t have Ukraine all to yourself uninterrupted is akin to a child throwing a tantrum.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:

I'm kinda SoA on this one.

The episode "Fun Town".

Olga should get his genitals mailed to her in a bag.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Starsky delivers some great news! That rapist from the phone interception was captured.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/501509/Screenshot_20220426-090641_YouTube_jpg-2362445.JPG

He's not going to have a good time.

I'm kinda SoA on this one.

The episode "Fun Town".

Olga should get his genitals mailed to her in a bag.

Along with a nice Chianti.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:
Are we seeing the end of Russia as a major military power of which it may never recover? A Russian future where they will be hard pressed to confidently defend their own borders from outside aggression. (We see you, China.)

I'm 60+ years old and the Russians have been a feared enemy my entire life.  That may end very soon.

Has that sunk in yet?
View Quote
Yes.  Their demographics are awful and many of the wealthy educated urban youth are moving away to different countries while the poor uneducated rural youth are being blown up by Ukrainians.  Enormous drug, alcohol, and disease problems that aren't going away.  In ten years the demographics say they will have half as many men in prime military age as they do today, even ignoring combat losses and the possibility of economic collapse from sanctions and the brain drain.  They are issuing daily threats to nuke 80% of their export market.  They were 20 years behind militarily before invading Ukraine and it would take them 20 years to recover from Ukraine if they had the manpower, which they won't.  They have an incredibly long border for their available manpower.  Due to the distances and climate their infrastructure is some of the most expensive to build and maintenance intensive of the world, and they are running out of money and people to keep it working.  They have no allies, only some of the world's most ruthless regimes looking to profit from their misfortune like looters circling a house fire.  Their entire governing elite is ex-KGB, the next layer down in their society is all mobbed up oligarch, the layer below that is one of the most corrupt in the world, and 90% of their people are perfectly happy with that.  Nearly zero chance of substantive change, even if Putin fell out of a helicopter tomorrow he'd just be replaced with Putin 2.0.  

Ukraine is Russia's death spasm.  They will be Super North Korea by 2030.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

https://t.me/GeneralStaffZSU/1833
View Quote

Didn't even care to recover their bodies or anything.

Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By R0N:

The 24-second life span of the BGM-71 TOW missile begins 1.54 seconds before the ignition as the trigger is pulled.  At this point, several things happen. (1) Three batteries are activated that provide power to the electronics, the Xenon or thermal beacon and the actuator subsystem. (2) The attitude control gyro spins up to 42,000 rpm. (3) Electronic signals are balanced between the Missile Command Amplifier and the missile.  Finally, the engine ignites!

The tube clearance engine, located in the back of the TOW produces 15,000 lbs. of thrust for 0.35 to 0.5 seconds and burns out before it leaves the tube.  At the moment the front wings finish unfolding as they spring out after leaving the tube they close an electric circuit that causes the "flight" motor to ignite.  This motor has two exhaust nozzles, one on each side of the rocket about halfway up the body in order to avoid the center of gravity (Cg) changing during flight.  The flight motor ignites about seven meters from the launcher.  Then, when the missile has reached between 35-70 meters from the launcher, the warhead is armed by acceleration G forces from the "flight" motor.

Upon capture, the TOW missile becomes a closed-loop system. The Xenon beacon and thermal beacon ( TOW 2,  TOW2A ) are installed in the rear of the missiles and are detected by the Xenon detector or thermal tracker in the TSU. Two-wire dispensers are mounted on the rear of the missile at 90 and 270-degree positions. These dispensers contain 3,750 meters of single strand wire. Control surface flippers respond to signals from this wire command link. Helium powers the control actuators. The attitude gyro, which limits yaw and roll, is driven by nitrogen.
The rest of the flight profile:

T + 1.35 sec.(~230 meters) - The IR sensors in the TSU switches from the wide field of view (FOV) (+ 6 degrees) to medium FOV (+ 1.5 degrees).

T + 1.6sec.(~350 meters) - The flight motor burns out. Missile velocity is approximately 1,080 ft / sec. (639 knots or 735 mph).

T + 1.85 sec. - Automatic wire-cut occurs if no IR source.

T + 2.0 sec.(500 meters) - Minimum effective range.

T + 2.34 sec.(~520 meters) - TSU IR sensors medium FOV (+1.5 degrees) end; narrow FOV (+0.25 degrees) begins. Narrow FOV IR sensor is contained in 13 power lens.

T + 3.9 sec.(1,000 meters) - Missile velocity is approximately 840 ft / sec (497 kts or 571.4 mph.

T + 4.325 sec. - Control surfaces (flippers move at 12.5 cps instead of 25 cps to conserve helium gas in the high-pressure bottle.

T + 8.6 sec.(2000 meters) - Missile velocity is approximately 620 ft / second (367 kts or 422 mph).

T + 14.8 sec.(3000 meters) - Missile velocity is approximately 450 ft / second (266 kts or 306 mph).

T + 20.5 sec.(3750 Meters) - Missile velocity is approximately 375 ft/second (222 kts or 255 mph). The missile is at the maximum range of the wire.

T + 23.04 sec. -  An automatic wire-cut occurs if no wire-cut signal has been previously received.

T + 23.12 sec. -  Trigger reset for the next missile.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pr24guy:
Originally Posted By USMCTanker:
Originally Posted By CharlieR:
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:

TOW operators are taught the same thing. The missile drops when it does its initial semi-soft launch. So you super elevate the missile so it doesn't hit the ground. I had a TOW hit Ike 10 feet from me when an operator forgot to do this.

I would think if the missle goes out of the launcher and sees it is above the crosshairs/reticle, it will go full down on the fins, and when it is below, it will realize it is low and adjust to full up and do the "Damoening oscillation" pattern.  But if that happens right out of the chute it could slam the ground.  

I fired two TOW missiles when I was an 0352 and can't remember being told to deliberately aim over the target on launch.  I used to exert slight upward pressure on the elevation knobs until the obscuration  cleared to avoid grounding the missile which was a common error, but aiming above the target wasn't a thing that I know of.

TOWs are wire guided. You have to have the launcher faced hire then the target. If not the missle would cross the path of the sight and think you were targeting the missile itself, this causes the missile to do loops and miss the target.

TOWs come in both wired and non-wired variants.  All variants are SACLOS and the sight tracks the xenon flare in the base of the missile and sends corrections based on the flare's position in relation to the cross hairs.  Although they are not suppose to, there are gunners who will fly the missile to the target, instead of just tracking the target and letting sight do its job.

Good to know, thanks. I only used wire guided TOWS and Dragons, I'm old.

The 24-second life span of the BGM-71 TOW missile begins 1.54 seconds before the ignition as the trigger is pulled.  At this point, several things happen. (1) Three batteries are activated that provide power to the electronics, the Xenon or thermal beacon and the actuator subsystem. (2) The attitude control gyro spins up to 42,000 rpm. (3) Electronic signals are balanced between the Missile Command Amplifier and the missile.  Finally, the engine ignites!

The tube clearance engine, located in the back of the TOW produces 15,000 lbs. of thrust for 0.35 to 0.5 seconds and burns out before it leaves the tube.  At the moment the front wings finish unfolding as they spring out after leaving the tube they close an electric circuit that causes the "flight" motor to ignite.  This motor has two exhaust nozzles, one on each side of the rocket about halfway up the body in order to avoid the center of gravity (Cg) changing during flight.  The flight motor ignites about seven meters from the launcher.  Then, when the missile has reached between 35-70 meters from the launcher, the warhead is armed by acceleration G forces from the "flight" motor.

Upon capture, the TOW missile becomes a closed-loop system. The Xenon beacon and thermal beacon ( TOW 2,  TOW2A ) are installed in the rear of the missiles and are detected by the Xenon detector or thermal tracker in the TSU. Two-wire dispensers are mounted on the rear of the missile at 90 and 270-degree positions. These dispensers contain 3,750 meters of single strand wire. Control surface flippers respond to signals from this wire command link. Helium powers the control actuators. The attitude gyro, which limits yaw and roll, is driven by nitrogen.

T + 1.35 sec.(~230 meters) - The IR sensors in the TSU switches from the wide field of view (FOV) (+ 6 degrees) to medium FOV (+ 1.5 degrees).

T + 1.6sec.(~350 meters) - The flight motor burns out. Missile velocity is approximately 1,080 ft / sec. (639 knots or 735 mph).

T + 2.34 sec.(~520 meters) - TSU IR sensors medium FOV (+1.5 degrees) end; narrow FOV (+0.25 degrees) begins. Narrow FOV IR sensor is contained in 13 power lens.

T + 3.9 sec.(1,000 meters) - Missile velocity is approximately 840 ft / sec (497 kts or 571.4 mph.

T + 4.325 sec. - Control surfaces (flippers move at 12.5 cps instead of 25 cps to conserve helium gas in the high-pressure bottle.

T + 8.6 sec.(2000 meters) - Missile velocity is approximately 620 ft / second (367 kts or 422 mph).

T + 14.8 sec.(3000 meters) - Missile velocity is approximately 450 ft / second (266 kts or 306 mph).

T + 20.5 sec.(3750 Meters) - Missile velocity is approximately 375 ft/second (222 kts or 255 mph). The missile is at the maximum range of the wire.

T + 23.04 sec. -  An automatic wire-cut occurs if no wire-cut signal has been previously received.

Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:

Has that sunk in yet?
View Quote

Yes.  And I'm celebrating...
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Instead of “cash for clunkers”,  maybe we can do a private version of “T-72s for Tractors”.  Trade in your used T-72 for a new Deere.
View Quote

I have a perfectly good (almost) BRDM2 that could go to them if the US mil wanted to throw me a hmmwv of the 1151/1165 type. I'll even throw in spares and extra parts for it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#31]

Yep, I would buy one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:

I want one.

Yep, I would buy one.

Likewise.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#33]

I've come close a few times to buying some PlanTags but, if this is legit, I'm all over it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
Those pesky gays. I bet they were being subversive by cleaning up the neighborhood and driving up property values.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By GLHX2112:

I've come close a few times to buying some PlanTags but, if this is legit, I'm all over it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GLHX2112:

Your donations will help us supply the defenders in Ukraine with modern drones and equipment to counter the invasion.

But...

With deep gratitude to everyone who donated $1,000 or more, we give an original piece of a downed russian strike aircraft.

So you can get a limited edition keychain from the original piece of skin from russian Su-34 "Fullback" strike aircraft, which was shot down in March 2022 during the battle for Kyiv.

https://www.dronesforukraine.fund/
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Ukrainian UAV dropping grenades on Russian tank.  High quality thermal imager on the uav.

Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Ukrainian UAV dropping grenades on Russian tank.  High quality thermal imager on the uav.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8noQ2Au87vI
View Quote

Doesn’t seem to have any affect. Also, is the tank crew usually sitting in these or are they long gone?
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:01:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#38]
Originally Posted By MattyCR:

Oh Im paying attention.  Elighten me, short of which side of this fight our government is openly supporting (as opposed to working with the Russians to deal with Iran on when they can develop nuclear weapons), what has Russia done that the US hasnt?

Thats not at all justifying the Russians and what theyve done, its absolutely horrific what they've done.  I have no great aunts or uncles from my mothers side as they were all killed by the Soviets in Lithuania, just to give you my bona fides.  That said, the US government (not the citizens) dont get to wash their hands of what they did.  In the last century, we've done absolutely insane shit to our own citizens on US soil without even talking about what weve done in war zones or covert action areas (Ill blame the CIA for a large portion of that).  We unfortunately commited mass murders of villages, we've assasinated heads of state, we've left countless Soldiers/Marines/Sailors to die in areas we shouldnt have sent them or wasnt politically expedient to save.  

The US stands for something important and unfortunately, our government regularly shits on that for their own gains. Nobody is safe from it but themselves.  We point fingers at the Russian oligarchs when we have an oligarchy right here at home who back up and profit off a lot of the tyrannical shit we experience on a regular basis.  If you cant see that, you arent paying attention.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

SHHHHHH

Dont point out that a majority of Western Countries are as bad, maybe worse than Russia in their tyranny.  

Dont mean RU isnt tyrannical and deserves to be stomped into the ground, but our own government deserves it too, not the people, just the people and staff supporting its tyranny.

Fuck off.

Russia is much much much worse than the US govt.

Depends how you look at it. Russia commits worst acts but that is because they can. If the democrats had enough power, they'd do the same to their opposition. They just don't have enough support and political capitol to do it. They've certainly shown the willingness to persecute and destroy their opponents.

Anybody that thinks the US is even in the same ballpark as Russia as far as tyranny is concerned isn't paying attention.

Oh Im paying attention.  Elighten me, short of which side of this fight our government is openly supporting (as opposed to working with the Russians to deal with Iran on when they can develop nuclear weapons), what has Russia done that the US hasnt?

Thats not at all justifying the Russians and what theyve done, its absolutely horrific what they've done.  I have no great aunts or uncles from my mothers side as they were all killed by the Soviets in Lithuania, just to give you my bona fides.  That said, the US government (not the citizens) dont get to wash their hands of what they did.  In the last century, we've done absolutely insane shit to our own citizens on US soil without even talking about what weve done in war zones or covert action areas (Ill blame the CIA for a large portion of that).  We unfortunately commited mass murders of villages, we've assasinated heads of state, we've left countless Soldiers/Marines/Sailors to die in areas we shouldnt have sent them or wasnt politically expedient to save.  

The US stands for something important and unfortunately, our government regularly shits on that for their own gains. Nobody is safe from it but themselves.  We point fingers at the Russian oligarchs when we have an oligarchy right here at home who back up and profit off a lot of the tyrannical shit we experience on a regular basis.  If you cant see that, you arent paying attention.

Without stinking this thread up too much, bad things and tyrannical things they've done that we haven't:

-Sent people to forced labor camps until they die
-Given one man enough power to change the constitution so he can remain in power for life
-Make corruption such a regular part of day to day business that literally nothing works like it should- we are corrupt, but our troops have armor and so does our tanks
-Have voting ballots with one check box for yes or no for 14 measures that include making one man dictator for life and also raise minimum wage
-Completely curtail the right to free speech
-Completely curtail the right to bear arms

Do I need to keep going? The US is corrupt and we have our own tyrants, but nothing like Putin. Remember Russia killed all their small businesses with covid regs too before you go down that road.

That's the last I'll post about it here. You are misinformed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Ukrainian forces 'blow up Russian tank' using British-made missile

Ukrainian forces 'blow up Russian tank' using British-made missile
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

L O L

These retards just don’t get it. Don’t attack your neighbors and nobody will want you dead. Getting mad that you can’t have Ukraine all to yourself uninterrupted is akin to a child throwing a tantrum.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Doesn’t seem to have any affect. Also, is the tank crew usually sitting in these or are they long gone?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8noQ2Au87vI

He misses with the first weapon, adjusts the drone, then hits with the second on the turret.  Sometimes the crew is inside, sometimes not, but its usually enough that its getting hit that the crew usually abandons the tank in case of turret orbital insertion.  Their doing great work.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
View Quote

That camo looks Ukrainian. Am I wrong? Is that Russian camo?
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Polish news is reporting gas delivery from Russia was halted today. Gas future trading went through the roof.

As a European I hope we spend the next decade freezing our asses off during wintertime. We deserve this. Replacing / retiring nuke plants with powerplants that use Russian gas and "green coal", I cannot even...
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

That's rattle can camo over the original russian 50 shades of grey shit. I've seen it on a bunch of Russian crap in recent videos and photos around Donbas
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#47]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRSHOvNXsAI9iSd?format=jpg&
View Quote

Oooo saboteur me harder daddy
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USMCTanker:
Originally Posted By CharlieR:
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:

TOW operators are taught the same thing. The missile drops when it does its initial semi-soft launch. So you super elevate the missile so it doesn’t hit the ground. I had a TOW hit Ike 10 feet from me when an operator forgot to do this.

I would think if the missle goes out of the launcher and sees it is above the crosshairs/reticle, it will go full down on the fins, and when it is below, it will realize it is low and adjust to full up and do the "Damoening oscillation" pattern.  But if that happens right out of the chute it could slam the ground.  

I fired two TOW missiles when I was an 0352 and can’t remember being told to deliberately aim over the target on launch.  I used to exert slight upward pressure on the elevation knobs until the obscuration  cleared to avoid grounding the missile which was a common error, but aiming above the target wasn’t a thing that I know of.

TOWs are wire guided. You have to have the launcher faced hire then the target. If not the missle would cross the path of the sight and think you were targeting the missile itself, this causes the missile to do loops and miss the target.

TOWs come in both wired and non-wired variants.  All variants are SACLOS and the sight tracks the xenon flare in the base of the missile and sends corrections based on the flare’s position in relation to the cross hairs.  Although they are not suppose to, there are gunners who will fly the missile to the target, instead of just tracking the target and letting sight do its job.

Good to know, thanks. I only used wire guided TOWS and Dragons, I'm old.

Wow that's some great Info dude! Thanks
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

They are using our country’s weakness against us to divide us..they know this will trigger a large audience in the US
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Good lord Russia will say anything
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:

Good lord Russia will say anything

It's like there propaganda czar has Been on a cocaine and vodka Bing for a week and they came up with this one today and yesterday the fsb raid on assassins in Moscow yesterday lol
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1775 of 5589)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top