Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1707 of 5585)
Page / 5585
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:01:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kncook:

If Russia is intentionally moving slow it may be on purpose. Allowing supply lines to stay with them. Slow and steady wins the race…..no running away from supply lines.
View Quote

And they gotta be jumpy as fuck

They will probably have issues with any time they do make progress and gain any momentum it'll be in the back of their head it's a Ukrainian trap and they're about to get a javelin up their ass.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Well the B1 is no longer a strategic bomber so it’s not happening with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
IIRC there's B1s in Poland right now. ithappening.jpg scenario starts dark and quiet and doesn't need refueling most likely.

mmmmm hrm.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#4]

mmmmm hrm.
View All Quotes
IIRC there's B1s in Poland right now. ithappening.jpg scenario starts dark and quiet and doesn't need refueling most likely.

mmmmm hrm.

It hasn't been a nuclear bomber in decades.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]

mmmmm hrm.
View Quote

A bomber without strategic bombs is a tactical bomber.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:06:30 PM EDT
[#6]

God I miss killing Chechens. Ukraine isn’t my war and I ain’t going, but I did have to have a long internal battle to stay away. The thought of killing more Chechens is intoxicating. Every single Kadryovite life you snuff out is a gift to humanity. The guy on the left in the first video has an especially killable face.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Doing Captain things, when people are paying him to bloviate about things well above or outside of Captain things. And he’s responsible for the BCTs.
View Quote

To be fair I do the same but nobody pays me, I don’t make Malcom Nance style claims and I generally try to stay in my lane. We all have opinions and ideas. If anyone in thread likes his take, more power to you, he’s just not my cup of tea. But yeah, I agree with your point Ryan_S
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I want to throw carrots at them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I want to throw carrots at them.
If only they were nekid
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:09:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#9]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:

God I miss killing Chechens. Ukraine isn’t my war and I ain’t going, but I did have to have a long internal battle to stay away. The thought of killing more Chechens is intoxicating. Every single Kadryovite life you snuff out is a gift to humanity. The guy on the left in the first video has an especially killable face.
View Quote

Where did you kill them?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

If they follow thru. I’m sure Kiev is frustrated by words not deeds by now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:10:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Posting, hopefully a dupe. So good you just can’t stop.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Glock63:

Since when?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glock63:
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Russia does have total air superiority tho

Since when?
Sarcasm can be difficult to detect.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

You da man! (Blast from the past A Stan days)
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

You da man! (Blast from the past A Stan days)
View Quote

I feel so fucking old sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

View Quote

You couldn’t have asked a more worthless piece of shit pussy to help you?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

To be fair I do the same but nobody pays me, I don’t make Malcom Nance style claims and I generally try to stay in my lane. We all have opinions and ideas. If anyone in thread likes his take, more power to you, he’s just not my cup of tea. But yeah, I agree with your point Ryan_S
View Quote

Oh I talk about GO shit all the time but I don’t claim credentials when I do it.

Nance was on a forum I was on. I didn’t care for him.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:18:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I expect as long as Ukraine military mostly stays within their own border it is easy to say that Ukraine is only defending it's borders from an invading army. If Ukraine was/is to go deeper into russia it lends weight to putins bullshit about ukraine wanting to invade russia, and also the lines become a lot more blurry about whether we are helping one country defend itself against invaders or we are helping one side in a mutual war. There will be a lot less support if ukraine goes into russia.
View Quote

They can blow up every convoy and supply train within missile and drone range as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:19:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

I'm really hoping we're sending Excalibur; that would make the 40k rounds have a really outsized impact.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:
US to train Ukrainians on howitzer artillery systems in next days
Artillery is part of $800m military aid package that US says will help Ukraine defend against Russian offensive in east.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/4/18/us-to-train-ukrainians-on-howitzer-artillery-systems-in-next-days

The United States plans to begin training Ukrainians on how to operate howitzer artillery systems in the coming days, a senior US defence official has said, as the Biden administration seeks to bolster Ukraine's defences against an expected Russian offensive in the east.

The 155mm howitzer cannons are part of an additional $800m weapons package for Ukraine that US President Joe Biden announced last week. It also includes other artillery systems, artillery rounds, armoured personnel carriers and helicopters.

Currently Ukrainian 152MM ML-20 has a maximum firing range of (10.7 miles)

US 155mm can fire a 100lb HE projectile to a maximum range of (14.7 miles)

*Excalibur rounds - Excalibur was developed as a longer-ranged alternative to conventional artillery shells, with GPS guidance for improved accuracy. Excalibur has a range of approximately (25 to 35 mi) depending on configuration, with a circular error probable (CEP) of 4 m. The extended range is achieved through the use of folding glide fins, which allow the projectile to glide from the top of a ballistic arc towards the target.

The munition was co-developed by United States-based Raytheon Missile Systems (guidance system) and the Swedish BAE Systems Bofors (body, base, ballistics and payload). Excalibur is used to minimize collateral damage, for targets beyond the range of standard munitions, for precise firing within 150 meters (490 ft) of friendly troops, or when firing in a straight line from the launching cannon is limited by terrain. It has a multi-function fuze that can be programmed to explode in the air, once it hits a hard surface, or after it penetrates inside a target.

One Excalibur projectile can accurately hit an intended target that would require the use of between 10 and 50 unguided artillery rounds.

http://www.military-today.com/artillery/m982_excalibur.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/CheckExcalibur_conv.jpg

I'm really hoping we're sending Excalibur; that would make the 40k rounds have a really outsized impact.

A couple hundred pages ago when the 155s were announced, someone said we didn't have enough ourselves, let alone enough to send to Ukraine. Still, one can hope...
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Where did you kill then?
View Quote

Afghanistan, right as the red bearded fucks were becoming less of a thing there. I had one very choice encounter with them, I will hate them with my dying breath.

(Never been to Ukraine or Russia or anything like that)
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:21:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Bullet_:
A whole TWO?

I'm old enough to remember when every B52 that didn't have a crash inevitable dead line fault,  was sent airborne.
View Quote

Maybe they will start practicing MITO takeoffs again.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Afghanistan, right as the red bearded fucks were becoming less of a thing there. I had one very choice encounter with them, I will hate them with my dying breath.

View Quote

Did you know a CA medic named Steve? He says almost the same things. Hates them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:23:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#23]
Adm. Ackbar to the red phone!

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:23:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Where did you kill then?
View Quote

https://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2011/01/foreign_trainers_act.php
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Did you know a CA medic named Steve? He says almost the same things. Hates them.
View Quote

Doesn’t ring a bell, no.

I think most folks who have had any sort of experience with them says the same sort of stuff though, they have gone waaaaay out of their way to earn that reputation and are proud of it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:
US to train Ukrainians on howitzer artillery systems in next days
Artillery is part of $800m military aid package that US says will help Ukraine defend against Russian offensive in east.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/4/18/us-to-train-ukrainians-on-howitzer-artillery-systems-in-next-days

The United States plans to begin training Ukrainians on how to operate howitzer artillery systems in the coming days, a senior US defence official has said, as the Biden administration seeks to bolster Ukraine's defences against an expected Russian offensive in the east.

The 155mm howitzer cannons are part of an additional $800m weapons package for Ukraine that US President Joe Biden announced last week. It also includes other artillery systems, artillery rounds, armoured personnel carriers and helicopters.

Currently Ukrainian 152MM ML-20 has a maximum firing range of (10.7 miles)

US 155mm can fire a 100lb HE projectile to a maximum range of (14.7 miles)

*Excalibur rounds - Excalibur was developed as a longer-ranged alternative to conventional artillery shells, with GPS guidance for improved accuracy. Excalibur has a range of approximately (25 to 35 mi) depending on configuration, with a circular error probable (CEP) of 4 m. The extended range is achieved through the use of folding glide fins, which allow the projectile to glide from the top of a ballistic arc towards the target.

The munition was co-developed by United States-based Raytheon Missile Systems (guidance system) and the Swedish BAE Systems Bofors (body, base, ballistics and payload). Excalibur is used to minimize collateral damage, for targets beyond the range of standard munitions, for precise firing within 150 meters (490 ft) of friendly troops, or when firing in a straight line from the launching cannon is limited by terrain. It has a multi-function fuze that can be programmed to explode in the air, once it hits a hard surface, or after it penetrates inside a target.

One Excalibur projectile can accurately hit an intended target that would require the use of between 10 and 50 unguided artillery rounds.

http://www.military-today.com/artillery/m982_excalibur.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/CheckExcalibur_conv.jpg

Coupled with available air targeting, that'd be canned Orc for dinner.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:29:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Where did you kill then?
View All Quotes

Where did you kill then?

I'd wager AFG.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

I missed that it was red shoe guy. I was especially hoping he would catch one.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:31:43 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

I missed that one earlier somehow.  That was good.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Foreign policy has nothing to do with this war??? You serious Clark? Have you complained to the members here who keep bringing up Trump as the savior for this conflict?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SWIRE:
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:

Yet people here shit on Trump for urging them to reach an agreement before everyone ends up dead.  

You're missing the part where all property will be seized and the citizens left alive will become forced labor.  As soon as the Russian military recovers, they'll move on the rest of Ukraine and then into eastern Europe. We've seen it before and surrender to Russia is not going to turn out well.

I agree that the loss of life is horrible and I pray every day for it to end.  But I also know the battle against evil cannot be won by capitulation.

I must have missed the part where Trump told Ukraine to surrender.

Okay, you love Trump and think he is the man for the job right?

What type of bullshit is this?  Trump commented on info the US Government has and you go off on some long Trump hating rant.  This type of stupid shit is why this thread has become mostly useless.  We get it, you hate Trump.  What do your personal feelings about a man have to do with Ukraine and what Russia is lining up?  

Trump's new statement on Ukraine was posted. Trump is running for president (from what I heard) and is a former president who dealt with this issue. It is relevant. I posted facts about this topic and one opinion, if you want to refute those statements go ahead.

Again what does your personal feelings have to do with the violence and killings Russia has planned?  That is what this thread is about.  Well it used to be until those providing useful info pretty much gave up on it due to all the purse swinging and derailments about feelings.

Foreign policy has nothing to do with this war??? You serious Clark? Have you complained to the members here who keep bringing up Trump as the savior for this conflict?

All I said was Trump's tweet about how both sides should come to the table to stop the killing aligned with what the US Government posted about Putin gearing up for massive violence.  That is all I pointed out to people in the thread. This isn't Trump's war, he isn't President, he isn't calling the shots, he didn't order anyone to do anything, he didn't tell any side to surrender, and he didn't say "do as I say or i will bomb you" as someone claimed.  He urged both sides to come to the table before a massive amount of people get killed, which matches what the US Government says Putin has planned.

That little observation that I pointed out triggered your Trump hate so much that you went on a multi paragraph rant about a bunch of things that pissed you off about Trump.  Trump isn't President, get over it.  He also isn't running in 2024.  He will work in the background as a spoiler to mess with all the establishment folks.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Interesting. Had no idea Chechens fought in Afghanistan against the US?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By AKaTom:

I'd like to see a list of NATO Countries or other Countries that have supplied weapons to help Ukraine. Don't think I've seen a list like that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AKaTom:
Originally Posted By grambosc:

I'm thankful to NL for showing some fortitude and doing what many others should be doing.

Hey Germany, how is it that the Netherlands has more balls than you now?

I'd like to see a list of NATO Countries or other Countries that have supplied weapons to help Ukraine. Don't think I've seen a list like that.

Sweden has sent something like 10k AT launchers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Teams engaged with them in Iraq / Syria as well along with ISIS
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Yes, quite heavily in the earlier AFG days and than to a somewhat lesser extent later. Lots of Chechens really bought into Bin Laden’s bullshit and to some degree the Taliban’s as well.

The article the CarmelBytheSea posted explains the later involvement.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

View Quote

Dang. My hate for Kadyrovs trash just went up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/3BA01BCE-8943-4962-A45D-6519872537A9_png-2354723.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/1C4331CB-BA98-4D28-8B67-C2AD489BB640_jpe-2354724.JPG

Germany claiming they can’t afford more politically or economically is nothing but pure cowardice.
View Quote

Based Estonia.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Azovstal tunnels aren’t your average tunnels.
View Quote

Those are pretty epic:

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:48:19 PM EDT
[#38]

All I said was Trump's tweet about how both sides should come to the table to stop the killing aligned with what the US Government posted about Putin gearing up for massive violence.  That is all I pointed out to people in the thread. This isn't Trump's war, he isn't President, he isn't calling the shots, he didn't order anyone to do anything, he didn't tell any side to surrender, and he didn't say "do as I say or i will bomb you" as someone claimed.  He urged both sides to come to the table before a massive amount of people get killed, which matches what the US Government says Putin has planned.

That little observation that I pointed out triggered your Trump hate so much that you went on a multi paragraph rant about a bunch of things that pissed you off about Trump.  Trump isn't President, get over it.  He also isn't running in 2024.  He will work in the background as a spoiler to mess with all the establishment folks.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:

Yet people here shit on Trump for urging them to reach an agreement before everyone ends up dead.  

You're missing the part where all property will be seized and the citizens left alive will become forced labor.  As soon as the Russian military recovers, they'll move on the rest of Ukraine and then into eastern Europe. We've seen it before and surrender to Russia is not going to turn out well.

I agree that the loss of life is horrible and I pray every day for it to end.  But I also know the battle against evil cannot be won by capitulation.

I must have missed the part where Trump told Ukraine to surrender.

Okay, you love Trump and think he is the man for the job right?

What type of bullshit is this?  Trump commented on info the US Government has and you go off on some long Trump hating rant.  This type of stupid shit is why this thread has become mostly useless.  We get it, you hate Trump.  What do your personal feelings about a man have to do with Ukraine and what Russia is lining up?  

Trump's new statement on Ukraine was posted. Trump is running for president (from what I heard) and is a former president who dealt with this issue. It is relevant. I posted facts about this topic and one opinion, if you want to refute those statements go ahead.

Again what does your personal feelings have to do with the violence and killings Russia has planned?  That is what this thread is about.  Well it used to be until those providing useful info pretty much gave up on it due to all the purse swinging and derailments about feelings.

I think he's white-knighting for McCain, or has a crush on Romney or something. His rants have that angry lesbian vibe to them, almost like Trump slighted one of his loves.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#39]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzOo8T2pJVM
View Quote

Fucking heartbreaking. The woman asks the little boys where their parents are and the one little boy says "my Mom and Dad died" and the older one says that they live with their Grandparents now. The little boys saying "Slava Ukraine" at the end after all they've been through at such a young age...
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Wulfmann:

It is as if a European nation when pondering the best course of action they only have to ask what Germany is doing then do the exact opposite

It is hard to understand the land of Porsche and Mercedes being so disturbingly incompetent
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wulfmann:

The Germans are displeased with their political leaders shit handling of Ukraine.

It is as if a European nation when pondering the best course of action they only have to ask what Germany is doing then do the exact opposite

It is hard to understand the land of Porsche and Mercedes being so disturbingly incompetent
It's not incompetence.  Their political leadership has been paid massive bribes by the Russians to make sure that they are 100% dependent on their hydrocarbons and they are terrified that the Russians will release the evidence.  So they are slloooooooooooowww rooooollliiinnngggggg everything to try to keep their masters happy.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By mancow:

Southerners don't attend college?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mancow:
Originally Posted By stgdz:

Russia is full of dumbshits that make southerners look like college graduates.

Fuck them and grind that country into dust economically.

Southerners don't attend college?

Yeah, I was gonna let that one slide.

I've been listening to their shit my whole life.

Comments like that just highlight their own ignorance.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:06:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DocBach] [#42]

Where did you kill them?
View Quote

Iraq, Afghanistan?

A lot of them answered the call to jihad

There was always s2 briefings that we had a Chechen sniper in our AO in Iraq, they were like the boogie man
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:07:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Interesting article on the sinking of the moskva.  Likely the ship's self defenses were not up, otherwise it would not be a submarine.  Brings back memories of my SWO days popping harpoons at imaginary soviets off GITMO.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2022/04/19/neptunes_the_moskva_and_how_not_to_sink_a_cruiser_827840.html
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:10:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Ukraine War: What happened on day 55?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:10:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

I don't see how mine could get any higher.
View Quote

Pretty sure I could send you an IM that would make you hate them more.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:15:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hiyaboa] [#47]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Different sides.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

We are all over the place.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
Originally Posted By Azygos:
Originally Posted By Bullet_:
Anyone else notice we have been keeping 2 of these big birds in the air lately, instead of just one at any given time?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/481717/Screenshot_20220419-202417_Brave_jpg-2355047.JPG
A whole TWO?

I'm old enough to remember when every B52 that didn't have a crash enviable dead line fault,  was sent airborne.

I was a kid in the 80s, and we didn't have ADSB to stare at slack jawed like I can now.  

Until this week, there was usually just one in the air, or one going out as one returned.  Seems at least mildly interesting that they are putting more hours on and fuel through them now.

What I’ve found interesting is the number of tankers on adsb.

We are all over the place.

It warms my tiny little heart to see my taxes going to you guys doing that. That last full bag of gas on a KC-135 is on me. Drink up and turn it to black smoke in good health.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Posting, hopefully a dupe. So good you just can't stop.

View Quote
That was worth a great belly laugh.

I felt guilty for a second but then I remembered they're Kadyrovites and I laughed even harder.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Damage assessment of Moskva

Sinking of the Moskva: Damage Assessment
Page / 5585
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1707 of 5585)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top