Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 145 of 5584)
Page / 5584
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

There is a really good logistics video out there about the amount of trucks needed to support a BTG in relation to distance outside of Russia/Belarus proper. Key is rail.

Good news for Poland.

Bad news for Ukraine.

That said it used a Soviet based plan for numbers crunching. It was +/- 60km a day iirc for spearhead forces.

View Quote

Poland recently projected Russia would take Warsaw on day five.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MikefromTX:
In case no one has mentioned it, this is exactly how WW II started. Hitler told everyone he was just taking back the Sudetenland, German territory taken away at the end of WW I. Everyone looked the other way. Then he took Poland, and Yugoslavia, and eventually France, and dared anyone to say anything. Europe finally pitched in, but were behind the game by then.

Now Putin is saying he's just taking back the parts of Ukraine that are actually Russian territory. Sound familiar?

I just hope we're running our bomb and ammo factories full speed, 24 hours a day, because we're going to need them.

View Quote

I know this is anecdotal, but my mom works at a navy defense plant for Northrop Grumman. I talked to her a little while ago after she got off work, she said its been dead. She was on 3rd shift, she is now on 1st because there was absolutely nothing for 3rd shift to do.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#4]
You'd think a genocide against their people to the tune of ten million give or take a few million would make Ukrainians hate the shit out of Russia but I guess not?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

There is a big push for us to fight for them?

Really?

By whom?
View Quote

All the people bitching about sanctions.  Other than sanctions, what else can you do?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

View Quote

1:1 or with nato backing?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mokerr:
You'd think a genocide against their people to the tune of ten million give or take a few million would make Ukrainians hate the shit out of Russia but I guess not?
View Quote

What makes you think they don't?

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By motown_steve:

AND eight F-35!
View Quote

We need to send a bunch F-15EXs to use as missile trucks for them
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:

All the people bitching about sanctions.  Other than sanctions, what else can you do?
View Quote

Reinforce our eastern NATO allies, provide weapons, intelligence and training to Ukraine forces. We could start cranking out petroleum, building nuke plants, to drive down the price of energy. That will financially hurt Russia, and Putin and his oligarch pals, worse than sanctions.

But, we won't do most of that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:
US moving Apaches to Baltics

View Quote

800 huh, times are tough. Oil ain't cheap.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By colklink:

We could start cranking out petroleum, building nuke plants, to drive down the price of energy.
View Quote

Not a bad idea...
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mokerr:
View Quote

They don’t because it was a bit more complex than that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:46:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#14]
At this point one has to wonder what Ukraine is waiting for and just drop the hammer on them and draw first blood. Get them off balance. Suck them in your killing fields and get to work before you get a zerg train run on your ass and become a smoking pile of ruble.

There’s no more pretense. You’ve arrived at your destination: full-scale war across your country.

Dick so hard. Time to fuck. Kill commies for mommy already. Lessss go!
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#15]
All the US knows how to do these days is sanctions sanctions sanctions. Just like they do on their own citizens by cutting them off on everything while prices continue to rise.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By NBCMarine:

No actually they haven’t. Most Russians are enjoying the highest rise in standard of living under him.
View Quote

Maybe for them. But 90% of Russians earn less than a fulltime McDonalds worker.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Secretary Blinken holds a joint press availability with Ukrainian Foreign Minister Kuleba - 4:15 PM
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Reinforce our eastern NATO allies, provide weapons, intelligence and training to Ukraine forces. We could start cranking out petroleum, building nuke plants, to drive down the price of energy. That will financially hurt Russia, and Putin and his oligarch pals, worse than sanctions.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ukraines will be getting On The Job training in the coming days.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Why aren't NATO countries next to Ukraine giving statements? Why is always us?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvsFnqnSf6s
View Quote

He looks like a moldy bowl of week-old oatmeal.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By gene_wi:
Ok let me put some poker chips down.

Here is what I think will happen. This is based on best outcome for everyone involved on the easter european leader/oligarch stage.

Eastern Ukraine becomes an independent entity. They will be poor and proud, the coal they mine will continue to pour into China. Rinat Akhmetov will keep making money, and he will never worry about green energy or global warming standards of the EU ever again.

Zelensky will be happy to get rid of Russian speaking provinces. Ukraine will join NATO, after they concede territory. They will never have to share oxygen with the hated moskali ever again. Zelensky will go and live happily ever after in the US. His successors will continue on the ultra nationalists pass for the country.

Belarusian refineries will be under Russian military control. Lukashenkos will become irrelevant and will no longer have leverage on Putin. Color revolution in Belarus will no longer be a mortal threat to Putins regime.

Putin will look great to the vatniks sitting in their hrushevkas. Russia will continue its demographic decline. Putin and his buddies will continue selling gas and making money.

Its a thug life.
The spice must flow.
The end.
View Quote

This seems to coincide with that should rationally happen

Putin does not seem to be stupid or crazy
But all depends on how much the world reacts to his probing and posturing
He's going to extend as far as he can without sustaining too much damage

At this point, he's way ahead of the curve having essentially taken control without having real responsibility nor real losses or real expense* (*this has been covered)
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:52:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NBCMarine] [#23]
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:

View All Quotes

No actually they haven’t. Most Russians are enjoying the highest rise in standard of living under him.

Which goes a long way over there atm. Historically saying Russians under Putin live the best life in the whole history of Russia is not a very high bar to jump but it’s disingenuous to say they are suffering under him.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:52:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TylerF] [#24]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

I know what Ryan is talking about. It was wargames against an "unnamed power" run by the Polish Military High Command last year.

That answer I'm not sure of, but I know it caused a huge scandal in Poland when it got to the Polish public last year. Like, so embarrassing they deemed most of it classified, and is the major reason they are doubling their defense spending over the next decade.

It showed the Polish military is quite out of date, and undermanned for their own defensive needs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

With backing.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By tstorms:

My money's on the Poles
View Quote

Yeah they remember everything and it put steel in their soul's.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Regardless, he's not wrong though. Standard of living is way up from what it was, and is really not bad for those in the cities and for some in the countryside.

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By OBird:
Half-listening…did Biden just say he’s sending troops to the Baltics now?
View Quote

No, that's what the marionettest is saying. Biden is just doing what the marionette strings make him do with approximately the equivalent level of self-awareness as one of Gipetto's wooden marionette puppets that isn't Pinocchio.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

I read that Putin was giving an increase to pensions for those living in Russia controlled Ukraine.

They are going to get somewhere close to $200/month. Ukraine provide less than $80/month for those on pensions
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Which goes a long way over there atm. Historically saying Russians under Putin live the best life in the whole history of Russia is not a very high bar to jump but it’s disingenuous to say they are suffering under him.
View All Quotes

While you're not wrong, the shitty part is it could be a LOT better if Putin didn't run the country like the crooked oligarch he is. Yeah, it's better since they aren't a communist nation anymore...but it could be way better if they had a leader that gave a shit about them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TylerF:
I know what Ryan is talking about. It was wargames run by the Polish military High Command.

That answer I'm not sure of, but I know it caused a huge scandal in Poland when it got to the Polish public last year. Like, so embarrassing they deemed most of it classified, and is the major reason they are doubling their defense spending over the next decade.

It showed the Polish military was quite out of date, and undermanned for their own defensive needs.
View Quote

This.

They immediately went and started a program to double their military in size and bought 250 M1A2 SEP V3s. You can tell they wanted them fast because they and all their systems will come from Lima Ohio instead of turning this into a ten year “technology transfer” boondoggle. They’ll be delivered in 2022 and 2023.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

While you're not wrong, the shitty part is it could be a LOT better if Putin didn't run the country like the crooked oligarch he is. Yeah, it's better since they aren't a communist nation anymore...but it could be way better if they had a leader that gave a shit about them.
View All Quotes

No actually they haven't. Most Russians are enjoying the highest rise in standard of living under him.

Which goes a long way over there atm. Historically saying Russians under Putin live the best life in the whole history of Russia is not a very high bar to jump but it's disingenuous to say they are suffering under him.

Knowing your posts, I'd think you'd find this video very interesting.

The Origins of Russian Authoritarianism

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
Poland withstood attacks from Germany and the Soviet Union for a month before it fell at the start of WWII... And that was not being well equipped.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Blinken says he wont meet with Lavrov. That will show them!
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:02:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JBobM] [#35]
Trump's response.

"I went in yesterday, and there was a television screen, and I said, 'This is genius,'" he said. "Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine — Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful."
View Quote

"I said, 'How smart is that?' He's going to go in and be a peacekeeper,
View Quote

"That's the strongest peace force. We could use that on our southern border. That's the strongest peace force I've ever seen. There were more army tanks than I've ever seen. They're going to keep peace, all right."
View Quote

https://thehill.com/policy/international/595373-trump-on-putin-plan-to-recognize-breakaway-ukraine-regions-this-is
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Blinken says he wont meet with Lavrov. That will show them!
View Quote

Damn. I was really hoping Lavrov would bring that reset button and they could push it together in a moment of international peaceful solidarity.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Jackal-FnM:

Poland withstood attacks from Germany and the Soviet Union for a month before it fell at the start of WWII... And that was not being well equipped.
View Quote

Neither were the Germans
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Trump praises Putin's 'genius' plan to invade Ukraine

This probably isn't helping things...
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#39]

I would get the hell out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:
Intense video of shelling from inside someone's home.

I would get the hell out.

No kidding.  But I guess some people are just stuck with no way out.

That video is the first one in these past few days that genuinely disturbed me. That has got to be absolutely freaking horrifying.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

It would be great to wave a magic wand there and fix everything but it doesn’t exist to my knowledge. Russia had to take quite a few steps to get to where it is today. I’ve seen it with my own eyes. The population that started the Russian federation had been literally brain washed by communist for generations. Explaining things to them like simple customer service was like trying to find a program that didn’t exist on a hard drive. I honestly don’t think anyone short of Putin’s ruthless cunning could of held it together.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Poland's military in 1939 was 10x bigger than it is now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

But they probably blew up the house.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

We should've been going whole hog on nuclear for a while. Facts.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:06:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: walkinginadangerzone] [#44]
Two people died in the LPR as a result of a direct hit by an anti-tank missile on a civilian vehicle.
View Quote

Massive explosion in Donetsk
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By MBUZICHOMA:

I read that Putin was giving an increase to pensions for those living in Russia controlled Ukraine.

They are going to get somewhere close to $200/month. Ukraine provide less than $80/month for those on pensions
View Quote

My wife was talking to her mother about this today.  Every one of her family thats a pensioner would welcome becoming part of Russia with open arm
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Why aren't NATO countries next to Ukraine giving statements? Why is always us?
View Quote

I mean, the Dutch PM called Putin totally paranoid. Which isn't wrong, but that amused me
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Good to see that he hasn't lost his penchant for stepping in shit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

So was Russias. At the start of ww2 Russia had over 2.5 million. Considering they have the majority of their military on Ukraines doorstep at about 150k give or take I'm sure Poland can hold out for quite a bit with their 160k. Battles favor the defender and Poland has a lot of defenders.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5584
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 145 of 5584)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top