Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1421 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:03:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#1]
There was another prisoner swap. UA army females had their heads shaved by the Russians,not surprisingly.

An aside,Ukraine has one of the highest percentages of female soldiers in the world,lots of medics and AT operators.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By realwar:
Did Russia Want to Take Kiev? That Was Never the Plan Says Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFSV6RTIjnE
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:
Anyone else get the feeling that many Europeans, even those actively fighting, seem to see this conflict as fantasy and a stage production?  They can't report on a battle without a shit ton of music added to the narrative, as if they're trying to get movie production status.  Even where there are dead soldiers and civilians, they always add some kind of music as if it were a video game.
View Quote

Someone never saw the hundreds of Iraq combat videos with "let the bodies hit the floor" added to it
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

That's a home grown Ukrainian system, correct?  Seems to work.

Russians get to be live targets to test everyone's new anti armor and anti air weapons systems.  Stupid should hurt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Waldo:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Two T tanks taken out by Stugna-p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOcuSLsHtN8

That's a home grown Ukrainian system, correct?  Seems to work.

Russians get to be live targets to test everyone's new anti armor and anti air weapons systems.  Stupid should hurt.

Yea, have to agree.  Its homegrown, uses laser guidance instead of wires, and the man firing the unit can be a distance away and under cover from the firing  platform.  They're  going to get more orders for certain after the live testing proving its effectiveness.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Spade:

Newest AK variant. Supposed to allow the Russians to better mount optics and accessories.

ETA: in all the vids showing AK12s I note that most of them don't have anything mounted.
View Quote

Agreed, I made the same observation. BTW I recollect watching prewar Russian videos with Eotechs and Aimpoints(or clones) mounted on these things.  They probably keep their optics in the same warehouse with T-14's and SU-57's for a real war
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Pics in thread:

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#7]
couple of more pics

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:
Hopefully she gets out of Russia before the Black Marias come for her.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tiberius:
Originally Posted By SWIRE:
Originally Posted By Kuhndog:
Originally Posted By TylerF:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chwUmbOTjPU

Dumbfounds me how naive the Russian populace can be but then again I am sure they don't want to believe their people could commit such acts.

There is a young Youtuber in Russia, who came to the US for a couple years for college, that explains some of what is going on why the people in Russia think the way they do.   To start with multiple laws were passed in Russia and using the word "war" is now illegal when talking about Ukraine.  The media is not allowed to question anything much less release content showing what is really going on.  Most of the Russian people have no idea what is really happening.  The ones that due are fleeing the country.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJplFVLQ85
Hopefully she gets out of Russia before the Black Marias come for her.

She's beholden to Youtube revenue. So who really knows what she thinks or does once the cameras are off and it's her personal and the Internet is not watching.

Right now I don't trust Russians, even when in the early days the captured soldiers where all singing virtually the same story... "I had no idea we were going to invade Ukraine.  I thought we were on a training exercise."  Or this one, "I thought we were welcome in Ukraine and we would not fight."

That was obvious to me those were coached Russian soldiers.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:16:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Firefly1032] [#9]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
couple of more pics

View Quote

And these were the pics i was referring to, though I only saw the second one. I hope every Russian in Ukraine meets a painful and fiery end.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Someone never saw the hundreds of Iraq combat videos with "let the bodies hit the floor" added to it
View All Quotes
Anyone else get the feeling that many Europeans, even those actively fighting, seem to see this conflict as fantasy and a stage production?  They can't report on a battle without a shit ton of music added to the narrative, as if they're trying to get movie production status.  Even where there are dead soldiers and civilians, they always add some kind of music as if it were a video game.

Or that song that started something like a duck going qua-aaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaack.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#11]
??????? "??????" ? ??????? "????" - ????? ? ??????? ????????? ? ?????????
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By triode:

Bunch of low life crooks like their leaders in moscow.  Except they steal billions from their own people.  Their judgment will come.

By your stubbornness and impenitent heart, you are storing up wrath for yourself for the day of wrath and revelation of the just judgment of God, who will repay everyone according to his works:  eternal life to those who seek glory, honor, and immortality through perseverance in good works, but wrath and fury to those who selfishly disobey the truth and obey wickedness.  Yes, affliction and distress will come upon every human being who does evil, Jew first and then Greek. But there will be glory, honor, and peace for everyone who does good, Jew first and then Greek. There is no partiality with God.   Roman's 2:5-11

View All Quotes

Bunch of low life crooks like their leaders in moscow.  Except they steal billions from their own people.  Their judgment will come.

By your stubbornness and impenitent heart, you are storing up wrath for yourself for the day of wrath and revelation of the just judgment of God, who will repay everyone according to his works:  eternal life to those who seek glory, honor, and immortality through perseverance in good works, but wrath and fury to those who selfishly disobey the truth and obey wickedness.  Yes, affliction and distress will come upon every human being who does evil, Jew first and then Greek. But there will be glory, honor, and peace for everyone who does good, Jew first and then Greek. There is no partiality with God.   Roman's 2:5-11

Yep. I am beginning to think the quality of Russian people is somewhere between Roma and carnival workers.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#13]
The Last One To Leave: Ukrainian Troops Evacuate Elderly Man From Abandoned Neighborhood

The Last One To Leave: Ukrainian Troops Evacuate Elderly Man From Abandoned Neighborhood
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Another TOS-1a captured:

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Nailed it. The media isn't even reporting true statistics and the general public can't even tell the difference between the fake video game clips that depict multiple Russian helicopters being shot out of the sky and what is truly happening. I blame this Administration and it's team of clown shoes reporters that are hiding the reality of war to protect what is just another fuck up by this Biden guy. This war should headline every day and it's 3rd page news at best anymore.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:

Shame they don’t have alligators in Ukraine…
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
Rucksacks and guns dropped by retreating orcs before they cross a river. VDV kit and AK12s showing that they were  obviously the 3rd tier troops only being used for a feint…

Shame they don’t have alligators in Ukraine…

Considering Ukraine is a colostomy bag of corruption I doubt it would be difficult to find a gangster with a pig farm.

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Yep. I am beginning to think the quality of Russian people is somewhere between Roma and carnival workers.
View All Quotes

Russians at least have some excuse. Europeans and Americans who bought into “I wish we had a leader like Putin,he loves his country and wants to do what is best for it and he’s a white Christian like me” have none at all but that simply goes atop their lack of shame and decency. They have absolutely no idea at all how much Putin and his siloviki have stolen from Russians. I will keep saying it,the main problem with Russians is that they are suffering from century upon century of battered wife syndrome. Those outside Russia that have sided with Putin have willingly decided to endorse an abuser and it is absolutely sickening.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Got it, I had it backwards. I was misled by "somebody" sarcasm. And now I look like an idiot. The fact that I am an idiot has no bearing on this.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

No, it's their newest iteration of 5.45 AKs. Their best model they have.

Got it, I had it backwards. I was misled by "somebody" sarcasm. And now I look like an idiot. The fact that I am an idiot has no bearing on this.

I've been there plenty of times.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#19]
There was another prisoner swap. UA army females had their heads shaved by the Russians,not surprisingly.

An aside,Ukraine has one of the highest percentages of female soldiers in the world,lots of medics and AT operators.
View Quote

Their hair will grow back, but Russia will still collectively be giant dickheads.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#20]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPSmys_WYA8mzeW?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

In that link, there is a russian video of them setting it up, but it looks more like a microwave relay to me.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 74HC:

She's beholden to Youtube revenue. So who really knows what she thinks or does once the cameras are off and it's her personal and the Internet is not watching.

Right now I don't trust Russians, even when in the early days the captured soldiers where all singing virtually the same story... "I had no idea we were going to invade Ukraine.  I thought we were on a training exercise."  Or this one, "I thought we were welcome in Ukraine and we would not fight."

View Quote

Here is the thing with what you are suggesting:

How many of those soldiers have been educated to a high enough level that they understand world geography?

Seems easy to imagine a conscripted solider, young, poor, uneducated, could be in some other country without even knowing it, if the entire system over their is as bad as everyone here asserts then they simply do what they are told, nothing more nothing less

Obvious this all changes after getting shot at and interacting with Ukrainians, but initially it seems extremely plausible

It only hurts Russia, it makes Putin sound heartless, the military disorganized, immoral.

So I ask you, why would they be coached to say that? What benefit for Russia is created by spreading that message?

The allure of surprise because now everyone thinks it is a joke, so Ukraine puts down its arms?
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

Is she really any different than our true believers?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glklvr:
She is a true believer. That was a very eye opening interview showing the Russian heart and soul of the true believers. If she was standing in the middle of Mariupol she would have an answer to all of the destroyed housing.  Watching a video of a Russian tank going down the street house to house and destroying them with its main gun like I saw a couple of days ago, taken from personnel on the tank, would not sway her one bit. Nothing would change her mind. Nothing.

Is she really any different than our true believers?

More like our true deniers like POTATUS and that shril of a house speaker, Pelosi.  Not to mention AOC.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:35:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#23]

View All Quotes

This?

Disturbed - down with the sickness

ETA- why aren't youtube links working?
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Russians at least have some excuse. Europeans and Americans who bought into “I wish we had a leader like Putin,he loves his country and wants to do what is best for it and he’s a white Christian like me” have none at all but that simply goes atop their lack of shame and decency. They have absolutely no idea at all how much Putin and his siloviki have stolen from Russians. I will keep saying it,the main problem with Russians is that they are suffering from century upon century of battered wife syndrome. Those outside Russia that have sided with Putin have willingly decided to endorse an abuser and it is absolutely sickening.
View All Quotes

There's something* lost in your translation as no American wants to be led like a Subject or farm animal in a continental collective.

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:38:15 PM EDT
[#25]

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L78yVFeyvRo

View All Quotes

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L78yVFeyvRo

Let me try again.

Disturbed - down with the sickness
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By elcope:
View Quote

Isn't that the same soldier who was filmed proposing to his girlfriend?   Must be a war-bond drive advertising.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:39:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Timeflies] [#27]

View Quote

That is the ultimate backhand to Americans.

Some on here, not you perhaps, just love to bite the hand that feeds them.

A real piece of work.

Nobody over here bought into this bullshit you keep spewing about Americans.

Do you live here?

I will be called a shill on this thread at times, and even I do not feel the way you describe, and never have.

You are creating a straw man argument to focus your lifetime fear of Russia towards the best allies you have?

Why? An outlet of stress is to shit on all of us? Believe this, on an individual level, our life does not revolve around Russia, not even a little. You give us way to much credit about "loving Russia".

Seems someone has fallen for propaganda after all if you really believe that we waste time out of our day siding with any issue in other countries enough to affect the outcomes.

We have zero control of what happens, if you have not noticed already I do not know what to tell you.  

So you can say I told you so that Russia invaded (somewhere)? Ok. Great. Everything happens in time, that does not mean we are fortune tellers.

But go ahead, keep losing sleep over it.

I bet family get togethers and holidays are a blast.

"Mom, do I have to go? Grandpa is always so crabby."
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Wanting independence from Russian gas  is why Lithuania invested in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaip

I just really wish that the plan to build a nuclear station with build cost splits between all 3 Baltics hadn’t been shot down by referendum in 2012. Unfortunately 60% of Lithuanians couldn’t get it through their heads that a modern reactor isn’t Chernobyl and the project was shuttered. It would have been operational for years by now. I was so,so,so disappointed that happened but there is now much less opposition to nuclear power and I hope this year our govt makes rhe right choice to build alone regardless.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Lmao I know exactly what one you're talking about from that description
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:43:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Schmigs] [#30]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Russian soldiers were hiding in this building

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxc-REJ9GVo
View Quote

That's a Right Sector flag. Those aren't Russians.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Timeflies:

A real piece of work.

View All Quotes

A real piece of work.

Are you suffering from Alzheimers?

There were (some still are) a shitload of PUTIN STRONK, ME LOVES PUTIN c.cksuckers here in GD.

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#36]

A real piece of work.

Do you live here?

I will be called a shill on this thread at times, and even I do not feel the way you describe, and never have.

You are creating a straw man argument to focus your lifetime fear of Russia towards the best allies you have?

Why? An outlet of stress is to shit on all of us? Our life does not revolve around Russia, sorry. You give us way to much credit about loving Russia. Seems someone has fallen for propaganda afterall.

So you can say I told you so that Russia invaded (somewhere)? Ok. Great. Everything happens in time, that does not mean we are fortune tellers.

View All Quotes

A real piece of work.

Do you live here?

Why? An outlet of stress is to shit on all of us? Our life does not revolve around Russia, sorry. You give us way to much credit about loving Russia. Seems someone has fallen for propaganda afterall.

A ton of Americans have become useful idiots for the Russians or worse.  Unfortunately, many are on the Right these days.  He's not wrong about that or the lack of understanding most Americans have of Russia, Eastern Europe, etc.  Heck, most Americans don't know or understand much of anything outside of American borders (a majority could probably be described thusly with respect to domestic issues as well).  Some even take pride or revel in their ignorance, a common trait of the mass man in general.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:53:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#37]

I don’t see the Russians wasting their time even burying them unless they were trying to cover something up and honestly I’m not sure they had time to do so.  Weren’t Ukrainians burying dead in mass graves in some places like Kherson & Mariupol?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

I feel sick.

I don’t see the Russians wasting their time even burying them unless they were trying to cover something up and honestly I’m not sure they had time to do so.  Weren’t Ukrainians burying dead in mass graves in some places like Kherson & Mariupol?

Feel free to just come out and say what is on your mind.

There are numerous news reports of wholesale killing of civilians in Bucha by the Russians being reported in the news.

Feel free to refute it, don’t waste our time.

Or just log out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

A ton of Americans have become useful idiots for the Russians or worse.  Unfortunately, many are on the Right these days.  He's not wrong about that or the lack of understanding most Americans have of Russia, Eastern Europe, etc.  Heck, most Americans don't know or understand much of anything outside of American borders (a majority could probably be described thusly with respect to domestic issues as well).  Some even take pride or revel in their ignorance, a common trait of the mass man in general.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

A real piece of work.

Do you live here?

Yup. I've been pointing out that Putin is a murderous dictator for years in GD, only to be derided by morons saying he's a Christian man doing what's right for Russia and fighting against globohomo...and that I'm delusional and Russia isn't a threat.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:56:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#39]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Another TOS-1a captured:

View Quote

How stupid do you have to be to put plastic skirts on your rocket launching wunderwaffen?

"Yes Alexey, it sets those on fire by design. It was thought that the combination of explosive liquids and fire would be very intimidating. Not to worry though. You won't feel a thing."
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Those who live in Europe and depend on the United States $$$ while they spout the left wing liberal bullshit make me want to vomit.  Trump warned you, Trump warned Nato and he was ignored.  Everyone doesn't have a problem until they do and then the United States must come to the rescue.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#42]

A real piece of work.

Do you live here?

Why? An outlet of stress is to shit on all of us? Believe this, on an individual level, our life does not revolve around Russia, not even a little. You give us way to much credit about "loving Russia".

Seems someone has fallen for propaganda after all if you really believe that we waste time out of our day siding with any issue in other countries enough to affect the outcomes.

We have zero control of what happens, if you have not noticed already I do not know what to tell you.  

View All Quotes

A real piece of work.

Do you live here?

You're pretty sheltered if you've never seen the people he's talking about.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Ambush of Russian food trucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSRrTnlszyg
View Quote

RIP watery borscht.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

There were (some still are) a shitload of PUTIN STRONK, ME LOVES PUTIN c.cksuckers here in GD.

View Quote

Opposite of Alzheimer's, actually. Fortunately, because it is a horrible disease.

Back on topic, so a couple contrarian posters, on an internet website, is someone's justification for shitting on Americans as a whole?

What you describe exists as a certainty among any issue, i.e. there are always, always, opinions covering the entire latitude of available positions.

Again, who falls for propaganda/bots more? I think the answer is everyone, honestly.

If 4 (made up number) posters on this board post memes of Putin with his shirt off, over the course of 2 years (made up timeframe) does that affect outcomes in our world?

Did that start this conflict?

And does that mean everyone that posts the laughing meme of Putin is a see.sucker too? And must be cheering for Russia?

Preposterous basis for an argument.

There is no way you believe that.

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#45]

How many of those soldiers have been educated to a high enough level that they understand world geography?

Seems easy to imagine a conscripted solider, young, poor, uneducated, could be in some other country without even knowing it, if the entire system over their is as bad as everyone here asserts then they simply do what they are told, nothing more nothing less

Obvious this all changes after getting shot at and interacting with Ukrainians, but initially it seems extremely plausible

It only hurts Russia, it makes Putin sound heartless, the military disorganized, immoral.

So I ask you, why would they be coached to say that? What benefit for Russia is created by spreading that message?

The allure of surprise because now everyone thinks it is a joke, so Ukraine puts down its arms?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74HC:

Someone pointed out that Russian soldiers have been trained for some years to say “I don’t know anything, I was just told we were on maneuvers”.  This is to hopefully get the interrogators to believe they have nothing of value and move on.  Western governments and western media are probably willing to run with this it to try to split the common soldiery and the Russian people from Putin by partly absolving them of blame.
It may be true that some Russian soldiers, like brand-new conscripts, really had no idea what was going on.  But most, like the contract soldiers, probably knew where they were going and what they were doing.  However they probably believed the propaganda from their own superiors - that they are denazifying Ukrainian leadership, that “the people” would welcome them, that there would be only token resistance and it would be over in a week.  The Russian population have been trained for 100 years to believe lies and not ask too many questions.
Only once the shit hit the fan would they get the idea that all wasn’t as they had expected.  But even so, with tight control over information, how would any given soldier know about the wider situation?
The real question of responsibility is not in how the individual soldiers got there, it’s in what they agreed to do once they were there.  I think you can make an argument that, even in a war of aggression, if it is conducted “within the rules” the soldiery can be forgiven for doing their professional duty.  However, indiscriminately shelling a city, shooting civilians, rape, kidnapping and deporting the populace and so on - these incur a personal moral obligation to resist/refuse, and if you don’t you are personally responsible for it and deserve what you get.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 9mmstephen:

Those who live in Europe and depend on the United States $$$ while they spout the left wing liberal bullshit make me want to vomit.  Trump warned you, Trump warned Nato and he was ignored.  Everyone doesn't have a problem until they do and then the United States must come to the rescue.
View Quote

Only complete idiots think France, Holland and Germany are Europe. The baltics always warned about the russians, they did not need Trump to warn them as they were warning long before he was president.
Want to blame someone? Remember Obama and his foreign policy speech to Mittens? And how he told Medvedev that he should tell putin would be more flexible after the election?

Go sit in a corner and feel ashamed for being totally ignorant.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#47]

A real piece of work.

Do you live here?

View All Quotes

A real piece of work.

Do you live here?

You don’t belong on this site. We all know who you are and who you’re working for.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#48]

Opposite of Alzheimer's, actually. Fortunately, because it is a horrible disease.

Back on topic, so a couple contrarian posters, on an internet website, is someone's justification for shitting on Americans as a whole?

What you describe exists as a certainty among any issue, i.e. there are always, always, opinions covering the entire latitude of available positions.

Again, who falls for propaganda/bots more? I think the answer is everyone, honestly.

If 4 (made up number) posters on this board post memes of Putin with his shirt off, over the course of 2 years (made up timeframe) does that affect outcomes in our world?

And does that mean everyone that posts the laughing meme of Putin is a see.sucker too? And must be cheering for Russia?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Abakan:

Can you take it to one of the hundred other threads having this argument? This thread is about news and updates.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
I am sure some chaps will pop over and show them
View Quote

I don’t doubt that at all. The British/UK have done a great job training the UE Army.  It shows in the resulting dead tanks & Orcs.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

How stupid do you have to be to put plastic skirts on your rocket launching wunderwaffen?

"Yes Alexey, it sets those on fire by design. It was thought that the combination of explosive liquids and fire would be very intimidating. Not to worry though. You won't feel a thing."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Another TOS-1a captured:

lol, it was probably supposed to be made of metal, but Russian cost savings program (corruption) uses plastic instead.

Also, not related, but very interesting.  

https://www.reuters.com/article/russia-army-theft/russian-police-hunt-thieves-who-plundered-top-secret-doomsday-plane-idUSKBN28J1Y1

December 9th 2020.

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Police in Russia said on Wednesday they were searching for thieves who plundered technical equipment from a top-secret military aircraft known as the Doomsday Plane that is designed for use during a nuclear war.  

The robbery, which raises questions about the security of sensitive military-related installations, took place as maintenance work was being carried out on the Ilyushin Il-80 plane.

The aircraft was modified from a Soviet jet airliner during the late Cold War to serve as an aerial command post for top officials to control their troops during a crisis.

The theft came to light earlier this week in reports by Russian media, including the REN TV channel, which said signs of a break-in via the cargo hatch had been spotted last Friday and that 39 electronic units had been removed.

Police in the southern region of Rostov said in a statement that a search for the culprits was under way. They have not reported any arrests so far.

Police said the aircraft had been at an aerodrome in the city of Taganrog, but gave no details about the nature of the stolen equipment except for its estimated worth -- more than 1 million roubles ($13,600)

Russian military experts speculated that the items had been stolen because some of the units had been assembled using precious metals such as gold and platinum.

The incident comes after President Vladimir Putin ploughed vast funds into overhauling the Russian military amid tensions with the West that are at their highest since the end of the Cold War.

The Kremlin said measures would be taken to stop such a theft occurring again.

($1 = 73.6250 roubles)
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1421 of 5589)
Top Top