Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1311 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if anyone knows what happened to Russell Bonner Bentley the "Texan" convicted drug smuggler who was vlogging and hanging out with Russian armored tank columns during the initial invasion of Ukraine.

I can't find out much if he is still alive or not. Curious.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

Relieving marupol is a must if they get Kherson back. Push them. Back into dontesk if possible and dig in. Go for the long game of artition as the west pours in aid and weapons.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
It would be enormous if Ukraine is able to retake Kherson

Relieving marupol is a must if they get Kherson back. Push them. Back into dontesk if possible and dig in. Go for the long game of artition as the west pours in aid and weapons.

It’s a long 400 km between them but I do hope that there is more positively happening in the east that we’re not aware of.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MiloBloom:

"Customer advised to stop turning"  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MiloBloom:

"Customer advised to stop turning"  

Balanced roadwheels, rotated tracks, road tested, could not reproduce noise. Customer has still not returned...
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:49:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#4]
View Quote

Good. They've started to figure out that the kids they sent off to die won't be the only casualties in Russia.

Someone should point out that "total war" with "the west" would look somewhat different than their rhetoric paints it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]

flares
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Good. They've started to figure out that the kids they sent off to die would be the only casualties in Russia.

Someone should point out that "total war" with "the west" would look somewhat different than their rhetoric paints it.
View All Quotes

Good. They've started to figure out that the kids they sent off to die would be the only casualties in Russia.

"Kremlin Official"

Oh, it's Sergey Lavrov; Bagdad Bob's retarded second cousin.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

So he has no clue what "total war" means. Got it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:

How long before the goal posts are moved all the way back to Crimea?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Subnetwork:

Russia signals scaled-back war aims, Ukrainians advance near Kyiv

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ukraine-urges-halt-russias-assault-biden-heads-poland-2022-03-25/

How long before the goal posts are moved all the way back to Crimea?

I give it one more month…
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOtypRPWQA0zJFM?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOtypfCWQB0W_fa?format=jpg&name=900x900

flares
View Quote

Looks more like a WP firebomb device.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

There are pockets of them remaining on the west side in the industrial areas, but it's only a matter of time now unfortunately. We all like to shit on the Chenayns but they have been very slow and methodical.

There is no chance of Donetsk being retaken, it is so heavily mined and entrenched after 2014 it is not worth the squeeze for Ukraine to even attempt to retake it. The comments today that Ukraine must succeed land in order to negotiate peace from Russia are in relation to Donetsk I think.

We are not seeing the advance of Russia on western media outlets, I don't like to watch it but I have to follow both sides of this war to keep up to date. Russia in the south and east is using its KA-52 and its night attack Mi28 version to very effective means, they are using thermals and taking out tanks etc at about 4 to 5 km, without being detected. The laser guided artillery is very effective and Ukraine needs a way to remove the targeting drones from the sky, if they can't do that there is little to no way to counter these attacks and they will just keep losing men and resources. The artillery has about a 15km range, and the drones can loiter for about 90 minutes, so the Russians are locating, moving to fire within range, then pulling back. The laser seeker on the artillery shell has a 1KM window as it starts its downward trajectory, and is accurate enough to do a top attack on a tank. Cheap and effective tactics.

There must be a way to create a thermal blanket that is not reflective or reduces the reflecitivey of the lasers, I think Saab had something or maybe Raytheon. Ukraine needs a way to hide and camouflage its tanks and artillery from these targeting drones, fast.

The DPR troops and Russians are parading their captured nlaws, javelins, and the Ca-70 Spanish antitank weapons, and as of a few hours ago lots dead and captured Ukrainians
View Quote
Thanks for showing us the other side. This thread has had an awful lot of Ukrainian cheerleading. Of course we want Ukraine to win, but Ukraine is playing the propaganda war extremely well, and that's the side we're seeing in this thread, with limited exceptions.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

flares

What the hell...?
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:55:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#12]

flares
View Quote

It looks like the same incendiary rockets they've used in Syria. They're trying to set the city on fire.

Watch at least the first 10 seconds of this video.

Is Russia Dropping Incendiary Bombs On Syrian Civilians?
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 74HC:

No joke, he did that.  He ordered the removal of patriot missile systems protecting the refineries from this type of attacks.   At the time, he said those were needed elsewhere.  Did he mean Venezuela?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4thUSMC:
The Houthis are restless.

Annnnd gas prices go back up. Thanks FJB!  You did this shit.

No joke, he did that.  He ordered the removal of patriot missile systems protecting the refineries from this type of attacks.   At the time, he said those were needed elsewhere.  Did he mean Venezuela?

if Biden repo'd the patriot missile systems from the Saudi, which is an idiot moron move, that Saudi defense requirement still needs to be filled, that leaves Israel Iron Dome (not likely), Russian S-300 or S-400 which ever is applicable (I'm not read up on those), also unlikely, or the fuckin' chinese.  no good options there.  is there anything else?  you can't leave that oil infrastructure undefended against Iran and the Houthis.  do the French have something for sale?

Biden is a fucking moron.  oh, did I already say that?
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Probably been shared already in the last 20 or so pages. Interesting video. Interview with a former force recon marine who went to Ukraine to help a friend and to deliver some humanitarian aid.

Mark Turner - Inside The Russia/Ukraine War | SRS #021

Warning. It's 2 and a half hours long. He mostly talks about conditions on the ground and stuff that's going on that the MSM here doesn't necessarily portray accurately. Nothing mind blowing or new, but it's just interesting to hear it told. Video posted last night. Video was taken 3/18/22 and the guy being interviewed was in Ukraine around late Feb to 3/9/22.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#15]
See what happened at a Russian rapper's protest concert

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

This war is going to quickly maneuver to areas to the east and black sea only.  It looks like the Russians plans for Kyiv have failed completely. If they had any intelligent people planning shit and seeing how everything has played out so far, they would entrench themselves in strongholds of already occupied or easy to hold gains. Bailing on marginally held or surrounded areas and moving to what they can actually keep long term.

If they do this, they can claim they have degraded Ukrainian military, and have permanently annexed Crimea, Donetsk, Luhansk etc. Basically taking what they already partially had already. If Ukrainian can take back or get Russia out of Kharkiv, Kherson, etc. they can still claim victory. This has been the best case scenario from nearly day 1 for Ukraine. Still a raw shit deal, but better than the alternative
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
This is what I was concerned about the other day. Wish they could have found a way to hit them from the North while they're still occupied.

This war is going to quickly maneuver to areas to the east and black sea only.  It looks like the Russians plans for Kyiv have failed completely. If they had any intelligent people planning shit and seeing how everything has played out so far, they would entrench themselves in strongholds of already occupied or easy to hold gains. Bailing on marginally held or surrounded areas and moving to what they can actually keep long term.

If they do this, they can claim they have degraded Ukrainian military, and have permanently annexed Crimea, Donetsk, Luhansk etc. Basically taking what they already partially had already. If Ukrainian can take back or get Russia out of Kharkiv, Kherson, etc. they can still claim victory. This has been the best case scenario from nearly day 1 for Ukraine. Still a raw shit deal, but better than the alternative
That's basically how I see it too.

Here's what I've been tossing around in my head. They'll keep the Kyiv and supporting forces there to keep Ukrainian forces occupied. Then with Mariupol out of they way they focus on Novorossiya. Pipe incoming forces in through Rostov. Probably only be able to get the Eastern half of Novorossiya so they'll try to get up to around Dnipro and dig in and reinforce to hold it. It would make for a shorter front and the river would protect the flank. Then they'll implement their original plan for the population. Get rid of anyone who opposes Russia (trials, murders, disappearances, relocation to Russia etc.) and have an election for their puppet government. Then they'll claim victory having added their land bridge, restored water to Crimea, eliminated "nazis" and crippled Ukraine's economy and defense industry. Don't know that they'll be successful holding it but it seems like a achievable face saving objective.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

That was from a Russian source so take it with what you will.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

Didn’t we get a report that Azov was completely destroyed as of yesterday?

Is that fake news?

That was from a Russian source so take it with what you will.

Do you have any intel?

I love to hear that Azov is still killing Russians.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#18]

flares
View Quote

The TOS1 fires two kinds of rockets... it could be that.
It could also be a SAM hit on something
It looks too big for a flare
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By refidnasb:
I wonder if anyone knows what happened to Russell Bonner Bentley the "Texan" convicted drug smuggler who was vlogging and hanging out with Russian armored tank columns during the initial invasion of Ukraine.

I can't find out much if he is still alive or not. Curious.
View Quote

Maybe he’s bunkmates with the defense minister.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Pathetic.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOt47_KX0AEFMuS?format=jpg&name=medium

Pathetic.
View Quote

Almost as funny as when the Woke wing of the democrat caucus wore KKK white to Trump's SOTU address.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#23]
"Kremlin Official"

View All Quotes

"Kremlin Official"

Total war must mean that his step daughter got sanctioned in London.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Nah. It's just a special operation.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Add another one to the list! Russian commander who was run over by his own troops has died.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1586323/Russian-commander-dead-putin-ukraine-war

My apologies if already posted.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:04:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

if Biden repo'd the patriot missile systems from the Saudi, which is an idiot moron move, that Saudi defense requirement still needs to be filled, that leaves Israel Iron Dome (not likely), Russian S-300 or S-400 which ever is applicable (I'm not read up on those), also unlikely, or the fuckin' chinese.  no good options there.  is there anything else?  you can't leave that oil infrastructure undefended against Iran and the Houthis.  do the French have something for sale?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By x248716x:
Originally Posted By 4thUSMC:
The Houthis are restless.

Annnnd gas prices go back up. Thanks FJB!  You did this shit.

Is the administration trying to show the Saudis that there are consequences to not taking our calls and playing ball?
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#27]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW7ZbOHprz4

View Quote
I doubt he goes back to Russia anytime soon.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#28]
City in NE of Ukraine that was occupied on March 1 retaken

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By AaronR:
Who is Clint Ehrlich, and why should we even care what some twitter twat says?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AaronR:
Once again,this is Tucker Carlson's employee of Russia Russia expert.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/5B47A3AE-1C46-4B0D-95C7-86D653306AE8_jpe-2325767.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/A4BEA079-5995-4D63-A449-9663B35D3636_jpe-2325773.JPG
There exists one of 2 possibilities for anyone to still watch him: they're fucking morons,they're actively pro-Putin which means they're complete fucking morons.
Just to heap on the stupid
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/A54148A8-669A-4186-BD19-31BCBB88D106_jpe-2325774.JPG
Who is Clint Ehrlich, and why should we even care what some twitter twat says?

I cannot find any verifiable information that he is an employee of Tucker Carlson, or of FOX news.  He has been a guest on Tucker's show though. He has disclosed being a paid employee of the Moscow State Institute, which is a state owned college.  He calls himself a computer scientist, and a lawyer.  No mention of being admitted to the bar in any state or where he got his JD.  

No mention of where he received his computer science degree.  He cannot have mine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOt47_KX0AEFMuS?format=jpg&name=medium

Pathetic.
View Quote

Fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:
It's already been discussed that Russia doesn't care if they send tens of thousands to the meat grinder.  People also seem to think taking Kyiv was a primary target when it is really a distraction to keep Ukraine forces spread out.

Russia took most of Ukraine ports, seized multiple cities, and leveled the ones they couldn't take.  For phase 1 they made some huge gains by nearly land locking Ukraine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/680/ukraine_3_25_2022_JPG-2325541.jpg
View Quote
Quoted for emphasis. Losing Mariupol is really bad. A bunch of Russian troops get freed up to support others - backfill losses, or new offensives.

Ukraine needs to fight hard to keep the orcs out of Odessa, REAL hard. They can't be allowed to do to Odessa what they did in Mariupol.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#32]
It would be enormous if Ukraine is able to retake Kherson

View Quote
"Ukraine better at Russian way of war than Russia: News at 11ski"
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:08:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: binthere] [#33]

View Quote

That’s what an artillery or mortar smoke round looks like when you set the fuse too short so it bursts in the air higher than you’d typically want it to. Smoke rounds are typically white phosphorus.

Very common round.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:09:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PurpleOtter] [#34]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

Is the administration trying to show the Saudis that there are consequences to not taking our calls and playing ball?
View Quote
Nope, this is the Iranians embarrassing the shit out of the Saudis and taking advantage of the situation that they (the Saudis) are trying to produce as much oil as possible. It also helps the Russians by proxy. Less oil on the market means they have more leverage in Europe.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By binthere:

That’s what an artillery or mortar smoke round looks like when you set the fuse to air burst. Smoke rounds are typically white phosphorus.

Very common round.
View All Quotes

That’s what an artillery or mortar smoke round looks like when you set the fuse to air burst. Smoke rounds are typically white phosphorus.

Very common round.

That is sort of like what Felt Wedge or RP looks like if the fuze functions too high.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By skid2041:
I've been hearing about contracting gigs. In Poland and other NATO countries near the regions of war. Medical type.

Anyone know where the info would be? Thanks.
View Quote

I saw some on  Silent Professionals.org., It wasn't PMC stuff though, if that is what your looking for.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#38]

flares
View Quote

White phosphorus

Russia used quite a bit of it in Syria.

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#39]
The Ukrainians say otherwise.

Armed Forces of Ukraine deny claims that Russia is running out of personnel and rockets
View Quote

Well of course, true or not,  saying your enemies momentum is about to diminish is a sure fire way lessen the sense of urgency with regards to outside material support...

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#40]

That’s what an artillery or mortar smoke round looks like when you set the fuse too short so it bursts in the air higher than you’d typically want it to. Smoke rounds are typically white phosphorus.

Very common round.
View All Quotes

Very common round.

I had just been googling and got off into 152mm illumination rounds...
and yup, you're correct.

Looks like getting that on you would make you illuminated as hell too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By R0N:

That is sort of like what Felt Wedge or RP looks like if the fuze functions too high.
View Quote

Yeah, that’s what I was trying to say. I know they come in red phosphorus too but not sure exactly how it’s different than WP.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#42]
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un donned a leather jacket and Hollywood-style glasses in a propaganda video showing the country's ballistic missile launch.

The country claimed it successfully launched its largest intercontinental ballistic missile, the Hwasong-17, in a test run on Thursday. State media said Kim guided the launch himself, per the BBC.

A heavily-produced propaganda video of the launch was released by North Korea's Central News Agency (KCNA) on Friday. It is almost 12 minutes long.
The video shows Kim in sunglasses and a shiny black leather jacket as he walks in slow motion in front of the missile, flanked by two men un inform.

It then quickly cuts to the North Korean leader and his officials looking at their watches before Kim takes off his glasses, looks into the camera, and nods in approval.

Another scene shows military officials yelling as they press the button that sends the missile into the sky  a moment that is captured from many different angles. It then cuts to more footage of Kim and his officials cheering in slow motion.
View Quote

North Korean TV airs movie-like footage of Kim Jong Un guiding an ICBM test

Kim Jong Un appears in surreal, Hollywood-style propaganda video showing North Korean missile launch
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By juan223:

Well of course, true or not,  saying your enemies momentum is about to diminish is a sure fire way lessen the sense of urgency with regards to outside material support...

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#44]
That dude barely registers on my threat radar anymore.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

"We have many friends, allies, partners in the world shitholes,a huge number of associations in which Russia is working with countries of all continents, and we will continue to do so," Lavrov reportedly said.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
That dude barely registers on my threat radar anymore.
View Quote
What about comedic value?
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#47]

Entertaining and how do the TEL tires hold up.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#48]

That looks fake as shit. There is no plume as it flies... that isn't real.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Larry Fink, CEO and chairman of the world's biggest asset manager, BlackRock, said Russia's invasion of Ukraine has upended the world order that had been in place since the end of the Cold War.

"The Russian invasion of Ukraine has put an end to the globalization we have experienced over the last three decades," Fink said in his 2022 letter to shareholders. "It has left many communities and people feeling isolated and looking inward. I believe this has exacerbated the polarization and extremist behavior we are seeing across society today."

Fink's letter came a month into Russia's invasion of Ukraine with Moscow's forces bombarding cities across the country and killing civilians unable to escape. The U.S. and its allies have imposed unprecedented sanctions on Russia and provided military assistance to Ukraine.

Fink, whose firm oversees more than $10 trillion, said nations and governments have come together and launched an "economic war" against Russia. He said BlackRock has also taken steps to suspend the purchase of any Russian securities in its active or index portfolios.

"Over the past few weeks, I've spoken to countless stakeholders, including our clients and employees, who are all looking to understand what could be done to prevent capital from being deployed to Russia," Fink said.

Back in the early 1990s when the world emerged from the Cold War, Russia was welcomed into the global financial system and given access to global capital markets, Fink wrote. The expansion of globalization accelerated international trade, grew global capital markets and increased economic growth, he said.
View Quote
BlackRock's Larry Fink, who oversees $10 trillion, says Russia-Ukraine war is ending globalization
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#50]
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un donned a leather jacket and Hollywood-style glasses in a propaganda video showing the country's ballistic missile launch.

The country claimed it successfully launched its largest intercontinental ballistic missile, the Hwasong-17, in a test run on Thursday. State media said Kim guided the launch himself, per the BBC.

A heavily-produced propaganda video of the launch was released by North Korea's Central News Agency (KCNA) on Friday. It is almost 12 minutes long.
The video shows Kim in sunglasses and a shiny black leather jacket as he walks in slow motion in front of the missile, flanked by two men un inform.

It then quickly cuts to the North Korean leader and his officials looking at their watches before Kim takes off his glasses, looks into the camera, and nods in approval.

Another scene shows military officials yelling as they press the button that sends the missile into the sky  a moment that is captured from many different angles. It then cuts to more footage of Kim and his officials cheering in slow motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cWMQUmBXQ

Kim Jong Un appears in surreal, Hollywood-style propaganda video showing North Korean missile launch

All three standing around checking the time, waiting for the Roach Coach to show up. BAM a fucking huge ass Hotdog appears.
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1311 of 5589)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top