Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1194 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

Absolutely! NATO is proving what a feckless bunch of asshats they are by not having done so already.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
More info on the forced deportations trickling in.

Time to boot Russia from the UN Security Council. Not even kidding.

Absolutely! NATO is proving what a feckless bunch of asshats they are by not having done so already.

Nato has no sway over the un.  Russia is a permanent member of the security council and cant be removed.

Best bet is for us to withdraw from the un and deport all the diplomats.  Effectively shutting it down until other nations could relocate it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Putin is the king of stupid. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
View Quote
They cut off the spawn point and they win. It's not very stupid.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Provided it's true, I'd think the most obvious reason would be to crush resistance. They can't resist if they're physically removed. I don't know that it's worth the international pushback they'd get from it though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Why?
Provided it's true, I'd think the most obvious reason would be to crush resistance. They can't resist if they're physically removed. I don't know that it's worth the international pushback they'd get from it though.
Putin has stated many times that he believes that Russia and Ukraine are one country. He is trying to destroy the idea that Ukraine is it's own identity/people. Move Ukrainians to other places, integrate them and erase their heritage.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:53:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#4]
Have we done this one yet?

Telegraph is reporting British Volunteers may have triggered the strike on a Western Ukrainian Base.

4chan is insinuating that those volunteers may have been the Reddit brigade. Not sure that's the case obviously

Link is behind a paywall otherwise I'd post the article.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/03/19/british-volunteer-fighters-may-have-triggered-deadly-strike/

British volunteer fighters may have triggered deadly strike on Ukrainian base after their phones were detected. British volunteer fighters are feared to have triggered a deadly airstrike on a Ukrainian military base after their phones were detected in the area, the Telegraph can reveal.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
View Quote

Russia said they definitely were not going to invade the Nation of Ukraine.
Russia said they wanted a ceasefire so they could definitely not murder evacuees as they tried to escape.
Russia always lies.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
German Patriots SAMS on the highway to Slovakia today:

View Quote

Hopefully they work better than the ones the Saudi's had guarding their shit
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By elcope:

Ukrainians blowing a Rail Bridge somewhere.

View Quote

They still need C4 on opposite sides on each rail with a 1-2” gap to split the rails apart like bananas.
Better to do it on a curve or larger train bridge on the up stream side.
12B
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By feetpiece:

View All Quotes

It's not the equipment, it's the personnel
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

I don't think that had anything to do with the hardware.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Putin has stated many times that he believes that Russia and Ukraine are one country. He is trying to destroy the idea that Ukraine is it's own identity/people. Move Ukrainians to other places, integrate them and erase their heritage.
View Quote
If they're moving them to Russia, I don't think they're going to turn them loose when they get there. They make it sound that way, but in reality, they'd likely be going to camps.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#11]

I love seeing things like this.  Making body armor out of truck leaf springs!  That's awesome.
View Quote

I wound what type of hardened steel leaf springs are?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#12]
If they're moving them to Russia, I don't think they're going to turn them loose when they get there. They make it sound that way, but in reality, they'd likely be going to camps.
View Quote
My apologies if I implied the process was painless.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:01:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#13]

View Quote

Fuckers..

At this point I can't understand why any non mentally ill person could support Putin and Russia.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#14]

I honestly don't know what it would take. But make them stop the train every 5 miles. Make them try to put the giant train back on the track every 10 miles. Sheer determination can accomplish a lot. Use a cutter to get through the tracks in 2 places 20 ft apart. Use a shovel to remove a whole bunch of dirt from under the tracks but leave it looking normal. It obviously sounds primitive and wyle-e-coyote. But I'll bet it would cause a derailment. How long does it take to fix a train derailment? How fast can they move after it happens once?
View Quote
People have been laying rail for over a hundred years. If you are going to take a rail out it has to be a place that will need a bunch of engineering and special equipment.  Bridges, tunnels and passes are those spots.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By glockluv:
Have we done this one yet?

Telegraph is reporting British Volunteers may have triggered the strike on a Western Ukrainian Base.

4chan is insinuating that those volunteers may have been the Reddit brigade. Not sure that's the case obviously

Link is behind a paywall otherwise I'd post the article.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/03/19/british-volunteer-fighters-may-have-triggered-deadly-strike/

View Quote
Probably true. The one guy kept posting pics on the reddit ukraine page to brag he was there at the base. He ended up deleting his account after he escaped Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BigReb:

Nato has no sway over the un.
View All Quotes

Nato has no sway over the un.

Yeah, brain fart on my part. Edited, but ya beat me.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By netstorm:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Putin is the king of stupid. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
Because that totally worked in Vietnam and Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

It's not the equipment, it's the personnel
View Quote

True, that Tornado that got smoked during OIF would agree.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Probably true. The one guy kept posting pics on the reddit ukraine page to brag he was there at the base. He ended up deleting his account after he escaped Ukraine.
View Quote

The retardation from Reddit knows no bounds. . . so it's def within the realm of possibility
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Why?
View Quote

their goal is to remove UKR citizens and replace them with Russians.
kill them or move them.

the Soviets have experience in both methods.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Key Takeaways:
  • We now assess that the initial Russian campaign to seize Ukraine's capital and major cities and force regime change has failed;
  • Russian forces continue efforts to restore momentum to this culminated campaign, but those efforts will likely also fail;
  • Russian troops will continue trying to advance to within effective artillery range of the center of Kyiv, but prospects for their success are unclear;
  • The war will likely descend into a phase of bloody stalemate that could last for weeks or months;
  • Russia will expand efforts to bombard Ukrainian civilians in order to break Ukrainians' will to continue fighting (at which the Russians will likely fail);
  • The most dangerous current Russian advance is from Kherson north toward Kryvyi Rih in an effort to isolate Zaporizhiya and Dnipro from the west. Russian forces are unlikely to be able to surround or take Kryvyi Rih in the coming days, and may not be able to do so at all without massing much larger forces for the effort than they now have available on that axis;
  • The Russians appear to have abandoned plans to attack Odesa at least in the near term.
View Quote
RUSSIAN OFFENSIVE CAMPAIGN ASSESSMENT, MARCH 19 (continues)
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:04:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#22]

Yeah, brain fart on my part. Edited, but ya beat me.
View Quote

The UN is was and always will be useless

See Rwanda as one of the many many examples of its uselessness.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Would have been a good place for a suitcase nuke.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By agillig:
I understand what you're saying, but these "poor SOBs" are the same ones intentionally killing civilians to take ground and break Ukrainian morale.  Kill them now so they don't get the chance when they move on the next country.  No need to make a public spectacle of it, but don't let these guys get back in circulation.  If the Russians win, it needs to hurt.
View Quote

The impact of world support for Ukraine and therefore the weapons they need in order to stand a chance is way, way, way more important than the future of some POWs.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone know what the hell this is?  It's not an T-14...  Strange turret.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/191966/A1920546-72A4-4A8C-B634-BA94B5E04016_jpe-2319176.JPG
View Quote
T-90M or MS or S or some shit like that. It was in this vid:
Why Russia's T-90 is Cheap Useless Junk! | Your Favorite Tank Sucks #2

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Large convoy of Belarusian military vehicles heading for Brest near the Polish border.

Worrying signs from Belarus in the past 48 hours.

Fears grow of a RU-BEL invasion of Ukraine along the Polish border to cut off access to western weapons deliveries.

View Quote

I hope belarus get's "Ukrained" so bad that they immediately have a coup and beg for peace!
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Why?
View All Quotes

Why?
I have no idea if this is actually happening now but Russia has a *long* history of internal exile and deportation for people they consider "troublemakers".
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
It needs to be bad enough to take a week or two.
View All Quotes

I can't imagine it would be that hard to damage rails badly enough they don't work. Hell, just drop a bunch of big trees on the tracks. Or get a nice farmer to remove a bunch of dirt under the tracks.
It needs to be bad enough to take a week or two.

I have wondered for weeks why they haven't destroyed the rail lines in UKR and in RUS.  Bayraktar for the win?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Fuckers..

At this point I can't understand why any non mentally ill person could support Putin and Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Fuckers..

At this point I don't blame Ukraine for killing every Russian soldier on their soil who's currently not a POW.

Any idea which units are doing these "relocations"?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ottodog8:

I suggest you study some history. In 1914 an Austrian Archduke was assassinated. 20 million people died. “Brave little Belgium”. “Brave little Ukraine”. I also suggest you study George Wasington’s Farewell Address and get back to me. I’ll wait.
View Quote

With all respect to the Father of the Nation....."foreign entanglements", while to be looked on with some suspicion....are what got us our nation, in the first place.  Absent the French coming to play on our team, we'd never have won the Revolutionary War.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#31]
The corpses of Russian soldiers killed in Ukraine are being moved from Belarus back to Russia by train and planes in the dead of night to avoid attracting attention, it has emerged.

Video posted by Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty shows military ambulances driving through the Belarusian city of Homel in early March, with employees at the region's clinical hospital claiming more than 2,500 bodies have already been shipped back to Russia as of March 13.

Ukraine's military says that more than 14,000 Kremlin troops have been killed since the Russian invasion on February 24, while one US intelligence estimate has put the number at around 7,000. Moscow's Defence Ministry says that less than 500 soldiers have been killed.

Now Belarusian medical staff in Homel, in southeastern Belarus, have described 'overflowing' morgues, with one resident of the city Mazyr claiming: 'Passengers at the Mazyr train station were shocked by the number of corpses being loaded on the train. After people started shooting video, the military caught them and ordered them to remove it.'

A doctor at Mazyr's main city hospital warned: 'There are not enough surgeons. Earlier, the corpses were transported by ambulances and loaded on Russian trains. After someone made a video about it and it went on the Internet, the bodies were loaded at night so as not to attract attention.'

Officials at Hospital No4 in Homel are alleged to have begun discharging current patients on March 1 because of the sheer number of wounded Russian soldiers to treat.

One resident who was treated in the hospital said: 'There are so many wounded Russians there  it's just a horror. Terribly disfigured. It is impossible to listen to their moans throughout the whole hospital.'

Another doctor described growing concern among locals that there could be a shortage of everyday medication and of 'problems with anti-tetanus drugs'. Tetanus is a common ailment afflicting soldiers suffering from shrapnel and bullet wounds.

Homel borders Russia to the east and Ukraine to the south. The city of Homel is Belarus' largest after Minsk, and a major hub for trade and transport. The country's despot Alexander Lukashenko supports Putin's war and allowed a deployment of major Russian military units in the country. An unknown number of Russian troops moved south towards Ukraine's capital Kyiv from Homel.
View Quote
Putin's convoy of corpses: Trains are being loaded with dead Russian soldiers in the dead of night after their deaths in Ukraine to hide true death toll, claim Belarus locals who say they have seen 2,500 bodies in two weeks
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

The guy complaining? That guy?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Belarus has to know they will lose that fight.
View Quote

I concur.

Moving directly against Poland land is a great way to get rofl stomped by Poland and get them to pull the article 5 lever all at the same time.

There will be an air war over Ukraine vs nato/USA forces if Belarus goes into Poland.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#34]
A history of the Crimean War (1853-1856) includes this bit:
Russia's backwardness had been exposed....The Crimean disaster had exposed the shortcomings of every institution in Russia – not just the corruption and incompetence of the military command, the technological backwardness of the army and navy, or the inadequate roads and lack of railways the accounted for the chronic problems of supply, but the poor condition and illiteracy of the serfs who made up the armed forces, the inability of the serf economy to sustain a state of war against industrial powers, and the failures of autocracy itself.
View Quote

How familiar does any of that sound today? And the part I bolded is the key both then and now. Putin runs a government as autocratic as the Tsars, and the Duma today has no more power and authority than it ever did. Autocratic governments will always fall behind free systems in their economies, culture, and technology - all the things that are needed to win major wars. The Russian generals and middle-managers need to realize that a free society is necessary, and Putin is the barrier holding Russia back.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:

their goal is to remove UKR citizens and replace them with Russians.
kill them or move them.

the Soviets have experience in both methods.
View Quote

Ok, I've read about that. To me it just seems like a ridiculous waste of resources to convoy people to russia. But I guess it is more likely there are going to be mass graves.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

I concur.

Moving directly against Poland land is a great way to get rofl stomped by Poland and get them to pull the article 5 lever all at the same time.

There will be an air war over Ukraine vs nato/USA forces if Belarus goes into Poland.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Yobro512:
Belarus has to know they will lose that fight.

I concur.

Not invade Poland, they would invade Ukraine near the Polish border to cut off resupply and reinforcements…I have to assume Ukraine built up defenses there as well over the years?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:

Would have been a good place for a suitcase nuke.
View Quote

And I keep hearing how average russian citizens don't support the invasion of ukraine and murder of civilians. It looks like that stadium full of russians do.
It looks like films from hitler and nazi germany.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

IDK if he was part of the Reddit crew
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#39]

And I keep hearing how average russian citizens don't support the invasion of ukraine and murder of civilians. It looks like that stadium full of russians do.
It looks like films from hitler and nazi germany.
View Quote

Those were apparently government employees brought in on the clock, on busses.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By glockluv:

IDK if he was part of the Reddit crew
View Quote

Can’t confirm it but apparently Reddit asked him for proof he was there as a volunteer and he refused to provide it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

I have wondered for weeks why they haven't destroyed the rail lines in UKR and in RUS.  Bayraktar for the win?
View Quote

I'm still thinking a patient guy, a sniper type, just waiting for trains with an anti-armor missile. Put him in a scout pit 800 yds from the tracks in a harsh area that sucks for rescuing the train.  Put another guy 20 miles down the tracks. And another. Shoot the locomotive.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:25:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: netstorm] [#42]

View Quote
Taking pics of all the buildings that got bombed and everything. He ended up sneaking back across to Poland I believe.

Here's the post I think, he deleted everything on the live site.

https://old.reddit.com/r/volunteersForUkraine/comments/tdmxqs/proof_for_everyone_in_denial/

Another guy who left allegedly

https://vidmax.com/video/211574-american-mercenary-talks-about-how-ukrainians-are-not-supplying-weapons-to-outside-fighters-threatening-to-kill-them-if-they-try-to-leave

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#43]

The impact of world support for Ukraine and therefore the weapons they need in order to stand a chance is way, way, way more important than the future of some POWs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By agillig:
I understand what you're saying, but these "poor SOBs" are the same ones intentionally killing civilians to take ground and break Ukrainian morale.  Kill them now so they don't get the chance when they move on the next country.  No need to make a public spectacle of it, but don't let these guys get back in circulation.  If the Russians win, it needs to hurt.

True. And there will be no "next country." Zeihan said this is Russia's last war, and it sure looks like it. Equipment, personnel, and institutional knowledge losses will leave Russia unable to do anything more than defend their own borders for a generation (and maybe not even that, given how much border they have). Russia may yet be able to squeeze out a victory in Ukraine, but the cost to do so will certainly leave them unable to go any further.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

View Quote
Other targets may be a more immediate issue. The amateur me says hit the locomotive and burn the rest. Then again they may not have the man power to get to a spot to do it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:

Not invade Poland, they would invade Ukraine near the Polish border to cut off resupply and reinforcementsI have to assume Ukraine built up defenses there as well over the years?
View Quote
Damn I looked on a map and there is a large hub right in that corner.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Nato has no sway over the un.  Russia is a permanent member of the security council and cant be removed.

Best bet is for us to withdraw from the un and deport all the diplomats.  Effectively shutting it down until other nations could relocate it.
View All Quotes

If Russia cannot be removed from the UN Security Council, then that organization is defunct and needs to be disbanded.  What's the point of letting the bad guys veto any action against the bad guys?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Can’t confirm it but apparently Reddit asked him for proof he was there as a volunteer and he refused to provide it.
View Quote

Reddit prefers their volunteers to show proof up front, complete with geo-tagged real time pictures
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:29:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PurpleOtter] [#48]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/squad3o3/status/1505233516958826499?s=21[/tweet]
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Gravitas: Nuclear War Threat: People rush to buy 'Potassium Iodide'

I bought some Lugols solution yesterday.

And I can't believe I'm actually thinking about getting a suit and mask, as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
Our former President.

View Quote

Your former president sure thinks highly of the pos john mcain
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1194 of 5589)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top