Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1012 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

As shitty as this is,and my God is it ever,it validates our opinion of Putin that the US and Western Europe has ignored. It also forces a bunch of countries to stop feeding the mobsters.

The scary part is not knowing if Putin is the spoiled child who flips over the Monopoly board and runs away crying how he was cheated. I have no idea how the world returns to business as usual with him,even though I’m certain plenty of Germans really want to.

View Quote

What do you mean by the IO being horribly effective against the right?  Which comments or views are you referring to?  
Honest question.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mancow:

Doesn't say age restricted for me. There's just nothing there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cwm1150:
Originally Posted By M-1975:

Holy shit show...

Frigging age restricted twitter crap. Can't see it

Odd.  It's there for me, a couple of tanks getting popped.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:

The drone flies over and shoots its aero load all over the stressed faces of the Russian soldiers. As the Molotov breaks downward through their teeth, the glass shatters from the strain, flames explode, and their lungs blow out through their assholes as the hoop stress limits of their sphincters are reached.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sailsail:
Originally Posted By PalmettoBug:
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Not all Molotovs have to be gasoline. I myself would use DOT3 brake fluid with chlorine tablets taped on a glass bottle.

isnt the chemical reaction pretty slow with that method?
I'm an aerospace engineer not a chemist. I had to take organic twice because I failed it the first time. (It was not required but I really wanted a minor in chem and to potentially go to med school)
So, can someone please explain this to me? Preferably in words I can understand like stress, strain, hoop stress, aero loads.
@PalmettoBug
@m35ben

The drone flies over and shoots its aero load all over the stressed faces of the Russian soldiers. As the Molotov breaks downward through their teeth, the glass shatters from the strain, flames explode, and their lungs blow out through their assholes as the hoop stress limits of their sphincters are reached.
Awesome.
What ignites the fuel? I don't think they're going to have a flaming cocktail hanging from a drone as cool as it sounds.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Biden: 'Severe price' if Russia uses chemical weapons on Ukraine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yztaWh0sYfg
View Quote

I'm sure it will be a bill with a strongly worded letterhead.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]
So if we’re really looking for signs of impending economic collapse in Russia, might be good to look for corporate jet activity. Those guys have to have an egress plan. Not Yuri from the chain factory, I mean the Russian ballers that can afford jets. And if they can get out, where would they go? Rich people don’t survive long in Russia when people get all pitchforky, historically speaking anyway. Would be crazy if they couldn’t leave because nobody will accept them and they get eaten like the Romanovs did, and probably by Yuri from the chain factory.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Russia-Ukraine: Putin enlists 16,000 Middle Eastern mercenaries for war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QesU-x62wBg

Russia-Ukraine: Vladimir Putin's move allows Russia to deploy battle-hardened mercenaries from conflicts such as Syria in Ukraine without risking additional Russian military casualties. Putin has also asked his defense minister to prepare plans for possible fortification of Russia's western border in response to NATO troop movement in eastern Europe. It will double down on the brutal invasion that the West says has been losing momentum, as Russian troops continue their offensive toward Ukrainian capital Kyiv from the northwest and east.
View Quote

LOL! Wagner groupies? They are a joke. Losing momentum really means Russia isn't engaging as much because they are getting their asses kicked.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Is there any movement to arm/train the populace in the Baltics?

View Quote

I have explained our militia organization a few times in this thread but yes. If Ukraine had adopted this years ago they would have had a bunch of local light infantry with mortars,ATGMs and RCLs trained up rather than just guys with AKs delivered way too late.

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
(Snip)
Now, it seems like our appetite for getting involved in foreign conflicts has waned. I'm not saying it's gone, and I'm sure we would step up in dire need for righteous intervention, but I'm wondering if we're tired of the burden after so long.
(Snip)
View Quote

I agreed with everything except this part. What this incident, and the last 20 years, has shown is that we'll only step up in dire need for righteous intervention when the people we're up against are 3rd world goat herders who wipe their butts with their hand, and it will make somebody rich. There is nothing noble or righteous about our country. We're as selfish and self-centered as any of the others, maybe more so. And that is a reflection of our population - including conservatives - that have reached levels of selfishness I never thought I'd see here.

Everybody's talking about how dangerous it would be to "call Putin's bluff." The reality is that he called the world's bluff, and we flinched. The world is going to look a lot different for a long time to come.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

LOL! Wagner groupies? They are a joke. Losing momentum really means Russia isn't engaging as much because they are getting their asses kicked.
View Quote

Hey 16k is at least a weeks worth of new KIAs to throw into the grinder
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

Does Russia HAVE any modern military equipment?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Originally Posted By Chokey:

Does Russia HAVE any modern military equipment?

"We left everything parked for you in the woods north of Kiev. Please go pick up your equipment before the tractors come."
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
Like I said a month ago, lots of connections between Israel and Russia (but I'm sure certain Christianity sects will be ready to refute this by stating the coming Gog Magog war/Russia attacking Israel...)

I wonder if Iran took control of the Golan Heights or Negev if Israel would let it go to "stop war"...
View Quote

Isn't Bennett a leftist? His party is more aligned with the communists.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Awesome.
What ignites the fuel? I don't think they're going to have a flaming cocktail hanging from a drone as cool as it sounds.
View All Quotes
Not all Molotovs have to be gasoline. I myself would use DOT3 brake fluid with chlorine tablets taped on a glass bottle.

I'm an aerospace engineer not a chemist. I had to take organic twice because I failed it the first time. (It was not required but I really wanted a minor in chem and to potentially go to med school)
So, can someone please explain this to me? Preferably in words I can understand like stress, strain, hoop stress, aero loads.
@PalmettoBug
@m35ben

Awesome.

Sulfuric acid and potassium chlorate.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

There are ways of making a Molotov such that they self-ignite without having a flaming rag. Not sure the Ukrainians have sufficient stores of the chemicals for that, though. If they did, it would be no different than dropping a brick. Nothing happens until it hits something.
View Quote

2 glass 3ml test tubes, one filled with pool shock granular, the other with brake fluid. 30ml of sulfuric acid drain cleaner with the gasoline. Tape test tubes to natural center of gravity impact point on bottle.
I heard from a friend in minecraft.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#17]

It really got zapped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAi7ABGhfgk
View Quote

That was an interesting vid. If that RPG gunner was right where it seemed it was fired from he was done.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By GunLvrPHD:

Isn't Bennett a leftist? His party is more aligned with the communists.
View Quote

Bennett is what you'd call a RINO in US context.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Holy shit show...
View Quote

For those that can't see:

Large convoy gets engaged by 2x AT weapons at fairly short range (unsure what type, but back blast was pretty extensive; RPG-7? Recoilless? I don't know.). One T-80? is hit but doesn't brew up immediately, much to my own astonishment.

To their credit, at least 2 Russian BMPs kick out dismounts almost immediately, the infantry rush to the opposite side of the road for cover, and two other tanks turn to face the ambush side, firing at least a couple of main gun rounds each down the embankment. Two other PCs follow the infantry to the side away from the ambush (and off the road embankment).

Later, one other vehicle that crosses the road is also engaged by something and brews up in pretty spectacular fashion

It's hard to tell exactly what happened because there are a number of breaks for editing, but I have to say: it would be SCARY AS FUCK to initiate an ambush and then have tanks turn their gun tubes toward you. And there was a lot bigger convoy behind them. I sure hope the Ukrainians had a better plan than just what we saw.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:
Check out the bing homepage today
View Quote

Perfect.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#21]

It really got zapped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAi7ABGhfgk
View Quote
1:00 a tank fired HEAT or HE into the woods responding to the ambush, half a second later another AT team fires from about 50 yards closer to the drone camera from the impact and hits the front of his hull.  1:20 the tank's wingman fires and it looks like the round detonates far short on a tree trunk only about 100 yards into the woods.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey look! The German bankers found their spines.

Deutsche Bank reverses after criticism, will withdraw from Russia

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Holy shit show...

try this one

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Mayor of Kyiv Klitschko gives message to Russia and tells Putin 'you will pay'

Mayor of Kyiv Klitschko gives emotive message to Russia and tells Putin 'you will pay'
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#25]

I have explained our militia organization a few times in this thread but yes. If Ukraine had adopted this years ago they would have had a bunch of local light infantry with mortars,ATGMs and RCLs trained up rather than just guys with AKs delivered way too late.

View All Quotes

Is there any movement to arm/train the populace in the Baltics?

Now you've seen it's possible.  Add in some shoulder fired anti-aircraft stuff and you can defend yourselves against Russia.

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Can't see shit unless you join twitter. Fuck that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Biden Angrily Whispers As He Explains Why Russian Markets Are Closed: "Ya Hear Me? It Will Blow Up."

Biden Angrily Whispers As He Explains Why Russian Markets Are Closed: "Ya Hear Me? It Will Blow Up."
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#28]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x1WNBX8Ou4
View Quote

See Vlad? Now that is a real man.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By whollyshite:

Now you've seen it's possible.  Add in some shoulder fired anti-aircraft stuff and you can defend yourselves against Russia.

View Quote

We could make it painful but a country of only a million can only do so much.
 Of course odds are that any such war would also have seen them them take Latvia and Lithuania and hopefully in that scenario at least Poland would have been a factor.

2014 saw a bunch of people joining the militia,this has driven up participation even more.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:16:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#30]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Yes, and it would not be reliable, because the tablets are specifically made to not have a lot of surface area  to react. They are intended to slow leach. A test tube of finely divided pool shock granules has a much higher percentage of available chlorine, and a nearly instant reaction when mixed with polyglycol ethers. Adding the H2SO4 with the gelled fuel is a double ensurity of ignition, because the reaction temperature will exceed ignition temps with both the glycol ether and the hypochlorite.

I heard from a friend while playing minecraft.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By mokerr:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mokerr:

If Putin was such a black belt badass he and his buddy Seagal would have offered to fight the Klitschkos. That would have been absolutely amazing honestly.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Sulfuric acid and potassium chlorate.
View Quote

That was it!  Potassium Chlorate easily made from bleach and salt substitute.  Sulfuric acid in the gasoline.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#35]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNmRR80WQAMvJK5?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

That is BEAUTIFUL.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Damn!

Slava Ukraini!
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#38]
These hit and run attacks are just awesome. I hope these Ukrainians have enough sense to get out of dodge after they fire when they are severely outgunned and outnumbered.  Serious question, would some dirtbikes be of any use in this? I can see setting up ambushes, firing, then escaping on dirtbikes. With the lack of any air support, these Russia troops are moving extremely slowly. Being a small, mobile, fast, and ability to move through almost any terrain would seem like a pretty sweet advantage.  Lots of small wood lots from what I can see. A 4 wheeler or dirtbike stashed on the other side of the wood lot would seem to be a pretty sweet getaway vehicle
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#40]

If Putin was such a black belt badass he and his buddy Seagal would have offered to fight the Klitschkos. That would have been absolutely amazing honestly.
View Quote
For clarification you're talking about an MMA bout, not Sumo wrestling? I'm only asking because you mentioned Seagal.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#41]

try this one

View All Quotes

Holy shit show...

try this one

That works. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#43]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNmRR80WQAMvJK5?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Dear god that is just beautiful
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:25:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#44]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjKjYTbbk8
View Quote

And this is our "leader"

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Awesome.
View All Quotes

@PalmettoBug
@m35ben

Awesome.

@sailsail

Any of a half dozen or so impact-sensitive chemicals. Some able to be synthesized from household items.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By sabre_kc:
So if we’re really looking for signs of impending economic collapse in Russia, might be good to look for corporate jet activity. Those guys have to have an egress plan. Not Yuri from the chain factory, I mean the Russian ballers that can afford jets. And if they can get out, where would they go? Rich people don’t survive long in Russia when people get all pitchforky, historically speaking anyway. Would be crazy if they couldn’t leave because nobody will accept them and they get eaten like the Romanovs did, and probably by Yuri from the chain factory.
View Quote

I don't remember where I saw it (could have been here), but I've already read some rumblings of wealthy Russians burning out for Dubai and elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By HIMARS13A:

Territorial Defense Forces would be a state function in the US, and no state wants to pay for it, but there is no reason that they couldn't create one and arm it from their own funds with pretty much any weapons they want.
View Quote

I don't think the gummies handing out weapons such as rifles would be as necessary here. I could arm half the neighbs myself, and between me and at least three others on the block we could field a well armed company, at least.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Tboy:
Looks like the US is getting involved on some level.

Just saw that the US is trying to recruit military interpreters that speak Ukrainian, Polish, Romanian but must be US citizens that can pass security clearance and train at Ft Bragg.  Very interesting that a Ukrainian is posting this request here.  She's my crazy ex so I'm not sure how reliable her information is but saying they need at least 30 folks now.
View Quote

How much they paying?
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#49]

@sailsail

Any of a half dozen or so impact-sensitive chemicals. Some able to be synthesized from household items.
View Quote

Not today Mr. ATFMAN!  
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Thanks for the tip. Do I really want to watch this guy on a Friday afternoon heading into the weekend?
View Quote
It's a deep rabbit hole, and he predicts a bunch of people die, but if he's right few of those people have to be American.  He thinks Russia and China and Africa and certain other countries that are too reliant on world trade to continue feeding themselves after world trade is disrupted by regional war end up as wastelands, but the US reindustrializes and stays wealthy with a small circle of friends.
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1012 of 5589)
Top Top