Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 787 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BlueSetter:

Are you ignoring that civilians are dying?  Putin has only continued to escalate his attacks on civilians. Prolonging this is not the best approach. I understand that our intel was just as wrong about this as they were on leaving Afghanistan. That doesn’t change the fact that something must be done to stop the killing of civilians immediately.
View Quote

Valid point, however, you are now addressing the question of Ukraine’s national will to fight. What losses are they willing to accept? That question is for Ukraine to answer.

So far, it would seem that they are willing to go as far as is necessary to defeat Russia’s invasion.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 4thbreak:
Those sleep deprivation drugs make them do some crazy things. Weren't some of the german troops in WWII taking some drug cocktails before they went into battle? Or I guess the Russians could just be that dumb.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Those sleep deprivation drugs make them do some crazy things. Weren't some of the german troops in WWII taking some drug cocktails before they went into battle? Or I guess the Russians could just be that dumb.
You're thinking of Pervitin. It was literally meth.  

Fantastic book on the subject if you want something to read.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1328915344?tag=arfcom00-20
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:03:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Star_Scream] [#3]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
Twitter now blocked in Russia
View Quote

Putin is afraid of losing the populace.

He should just point them to Gab, they love him there.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
https://dv2oc5tyj18yr.cloudfront.net/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/2019/06/Pervitinampullen-e1560177512679.jpg

View All Quotes
https://dv2oc5tyj18yr.cloudfront.net/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/2019/06/Pervitinampullen-e1560177512679.jpg

US bomber crews took it as well.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

CHINA IS ASSHOE!
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By tcondo:

Looks good! How is this done?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tcondo:
Originally Posted By H4ppyB34r:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490290/668103588-2301090.jpg

Still needs work

Looks good! How is this done?

LASERS!

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#7]
That's been almost a non-stop thing since before the war formally kicked off.
View Quote

Really? The drones were up there since the kickoff, but this was the first time I saw evidence that we probably have fighters in the air too. Or am I wrong? (Not saying I'm right, genuinely curious).
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

there are most likely F35's up there, feeding back as much data as possible without flying over the boarder.
View Quote

Yup, that's a for sure bet.

An excellent time to use the F-35's information warfare capacity to gather intelligence in a real theater.  This whole venture while truly tragic is going to be so valuable for NATO if they're being smart and monitoring everything carefully.  The after-action reports and white papers on Russia after this are going to be fascinating to read.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#9]
From the FSB leak:

As for losses: I do not know how many. Nobody knows. The first two days there was still control, now no one knows what's going on there. It is possible to lose large units from communication. They may be found, or they may be dispersed because they came under attack. And even their commanders may not know how many are running around, how many have died, how many have been taken prisoner. The death toll is definitely in the thousands. It can be 10 thousand, it can be 5, and it can be only 2. Even the headquarters do not know exactly. But it must be closer to 10. And we are not counting the corps of the LDNR now - they have their own count.

https://telegra.ph/Ocenka-perspektiv-Rossii-analitikom-FSB-03-04?ref=tjournal.ru
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Brick:
https://i.postimg.cc/C1rw7KRG/FNA1a1s-WUAgv-6-G.jpg

That pilot didn't make it.  That Krinkov has clearly absorbed some lead.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/yQOEgRw-67.gif
View Quote

Thanks for pulling in the handguard out I miss that when I first saw the picture
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

In theory, one Javelin or similar could take out the lead unit and the rest could be taken out by TB2s or ground forces. It looks like maybe it's a supply truck convoy so a high-value target for the Ukranians to go after?
View Quote

Pretty much. Wonder if those are why we haven't seen any UAV strikes lately
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Blue_Devil_JD:

Lol Anti-air LEADING tank columns.... Jesus.
View All Quotes
A Tor-M2 air defense system seen leading the way of a Russian column to avoid Bayraktar TB2 drone strikes

https://t.me/OSINTUKRAINE/2179

Lol Anti-air LEADING tank columns.... Jesus.

I don't see any tanks in that 5 second video.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Putin is afraid of losing the populace.

He should just point them to Gab, they love him there.
View Quote

gab is full of some great people as well as the dregs that were banned everywhere else.

I don't blame anyone for having lots of questions about this conflict
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:08:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By aswrg7:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

CHINA IS ASSHOE!
View Quote

Pompeo is right.

We should recognize Taiwan as an independent free nation from China formerly.  If the Russians are performing this poorly imagine what a cluster #$%^ the Chinese would be and believe me China is thinking that themselves right now.  With the CCP about to either replace or renew Xi it is highly unlikely the Chinese would make any moves against Taiwan if the USA at this point did throw our full weight behind them.  Oh what a beautiful F You that would be to China too and to have to watch China sit there and take it would be glorious.

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:

View Quote

i think it was sold OTC back then
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Tactics like that do not work in terms of quelling an insurgency in the modern world, all they do is increase the insurgent's resolve and create more insurgents. That strategy may have worked centuries ago, but it sure as shit doesn't work in a day and age in which there isn't a corner of the globe where people can't access small arms, radios, and make IEDs. Nowadays, a teenager with an AK has the capability to kill SOF operators. It's actually even worse than that for the Russians in the Ukraine, because Ukrainians have access to things like MANPADs, ATGMs, Javelins, NLAWs, etc.

The Russians brutality didn't get them anywhere in Afghanistan or Chechnya. I doubt it'll get them anywhere dealing with a potential Ukrainian insurgency.
View Quote

When Western SOF is killed these days it’s usually either bad luck (kid with an AK), bad intel, or poor planning. Plus taking into account that the mission may be very high risk.

But your average dude with an AK just doesn’t easily kill SOF guys.

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

think meth was somewhat common
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Obo2:

think meth was somewhat common

Somewhat?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#19]

People keep saying this, regroup with what. What money? Do people think equipment is so easily procured for Russia? They are not able to just get more good soldier (lol) or top equipment (lol).

They already barely had any, and now its all blown to shit.
View Quote
I don't know.  The Russian military looked pretty bad ass in that recruiting video.   I'm almost thinking recruiters will lie about things to get people to sign up.  Glad that doesn't happen here!
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By racer765:

not ignoring.  previous poster was implying we are doing nothing.  

we are doing everything we can to the limit of the rules we advertise that we follow.  break our own rules against an adversary with nuclear ballistic missiles in submarines silos mobile launchers etc is probably not a good idea.  

civilians dying is a disaster.  needs to stop right the fuck now.  we go in as usaf or nato, we just declared war on Russia.  that's been beat to death here in gd over dozens of pages and secdef just said so in an interview in the last 24 hours. don't like the guy but that was the first time I agreed with anything he said.
View Quote

First, F Austin! He couldn’t be more wrong or any weaker.  NATO is the problem not the solution.  For Ukraine’s neighboring countries, this invasion absolutely warrants a military response.  That is indisputable.  Suggesting that membership in a defense alliance precludes them from taking defensive measures is illogical.
If Russia is a threat to Poland or the Baltic’s or any others and is waging war on a bordering country, there is no other appropriate response. Under what circumstances would we allow the invasion of a country that shares our borders by an adversary or enemy?  
We need another Gipper, ASAP.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBRY_L7yejY

Soldiers of the Sumy Terodefense brought Russian military equipment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blBQBpbjYjU
View Quote

Those guys in the 2nd video kinda look like they know what they're doing checking that tank over.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Average Russian contract soldier is paid less than the average Russian citizen, which means they get the bottom of the barrel when it comes to intelligence out of Russia's young men.

Whereas, the Ukraine has increased its military spending to the point where the average Ukrainian soldier makes about the average salary of the average Ukrainian (maybe just a bit over it actually) and so going into the Ukraine military is a "good" profession in Ukraine that has likely resulted in them having a slight better quality of soldiers in terms of intellect.

U.S. and NATO military assistance and training has gone a long way as well to change the mindset of the Ukrainians from Soviet idiocy to western excellence.  Ukraine tank crews, special operations, and pilots have been cross training and participating in competitive events with NATO members for some time now.  

I would also guess that U.S. and NATO intelligence is being made (although likely carefully and selectively) to Ukraine (even though Ukraine is clearly infiltrated with Russian agents) and that's likely going a long way towards helping them.

Just imagine how well prepared Ukraine would have been for this conflict if NATO had actually helped them years ago instead of waiting for now to dump shit into the country?   If older MIGs from NATO members that are upgrading aircraft had been sent to Ukraine, if more MANPADs and ATGMs had been sent in.  If better communications equipment had been sent in.  Hell, imagine what Ukraine could have done with all the equipment we just left for the Taliban in Afghanistan.  

One thing that I am anxious to see is how Ukraine is performing in terms of air combat and other air to ground operations.  Ukraine pilots still in 2020 were receiving on paper fewer flight hours on average than Russian pilots, but now I'm starting to wonder whether the hours that the Russian pilots were credit with was total bullshit?  I'm also wondering exactly how well or poorly the S-400s are doing for the Russians.  The Swedish came out with a paper not too long ago basically stating that the S-400 was WAY overhyped and I think we might find out for sure now whether the Swedes were spot on.
View Quote

The S-400 performance is a serious question.  With how shitty pretty much everything else Russian has shown in this, I really hope it is an overpriced steaming pile of shit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:14:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Auto5guy] [#23]
There's a new thread in GD specifically about this but a Russian FSB analyst is spilling some beans on just how screwed Russia is at this point. The article is in Russian so you'll have to run it through Google translate and it's a hard read syntax wise.
https://telegra.ph/Ocenka-perspektiv-Rossii-analitikom-FSB-03-04?ref=tjournal.ru

The take away quotes for me are these.

"Naryshkin and his SVR are now digging the ground to prove that they secretly created nuclear weapons there."

"The fact that their old nuclear power plants can give weapon-grade plutonium..."

To me this explains why the Russians assaulted that nuclear power plant. The likely intend to plant evidence that Ukraine was developing nuclear weapons as a way to retroactively justify their invasion.

Edited for spelling

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:14:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:

I don't see how you go personally affecting someone like fvp with billions of dollars likely stashed all over the planet, shoeboxes of currency and gold, other other than hurting the citizens so much they get out the pitchforks and storm the Bastille like on my birthday. It's not like we want to hurt them per se.
View Quote
I do.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Cav-Gunner:

Thanks for pulling in the handguard out I miss that when I first saw the picture
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cav-Gunner:
Originally Posted By Brick:
https://i.postimg.cc/C1rw7KRG/FNA1a1s-WUAgv-6-G.jpg

That pilot didn't make it.  That Krinkov has clearly absorbed some lead.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/yQOEgRw-67.gif

The safety lever is also missing, looks like it might have taken a round.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Everybody did it. The world wars are full of examples of chemists trying to help soldiers stay awake and alert for longer. IIRC cigarettes exploded in popularity relative to pipes during WWI because they were an easier way to get soldier niced up. Bagged tea also got a lot more popular than it had been prior to 1914; all a soldier needs is the bag and a clean water source and they’ll be caffeinated.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By binthere:

Valid point, however, you are now addressing the question of Ukraine’s national will to fight. What losses are they willing to accept? That question is for Ukraine to answer.

So far, it would seem that they are willing to go as far as is necessary to defeat Russia’s invasion.
View Quote

They’ve not been given any other option but to surrender.  Of course they’re fighting at all costs for what is theirs.   If they weren’t willing to fight, I’d never suggest anyone else should.  EU absolutely created the circumstances that lead to this invasion.  They absolutely should intervene with force.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Pompeo is right.

We should recognize Taiwan as an independent free nation from China formerly.  If the Russians are performing this poorly imagine what a cluster #$%^ the Chinese would be and believe me China is thinking that themselves right now.  With the CCP about to either replace or renew Xi it is highly unlikely the Chinese would make any moves against Taiwan if the USA at this point did throw our full weight behind them.  Oh what a beautiful F You that would be to China too and to have to watch China sit there and take it would be glorious.

View All Quotes

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

CHINA IS ASSHOE!

Pompeo is right.

I'd rather just see companies abandon China just like they did with Russia. That would hurt them far more.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Again, Russia may not be able to effectively wage war in another week if they continue to have these casualty numbers. Close to 11,000 dead, 2x wounded, 2,000 vehicles destroyed or abandoned and deserters. Commanders being killed closer to the front. Their whole army is bogged down. Even if they win, they do not have the manpower to fight a counter insurgency or really even hold the territory.

Russia is fucked.
View All Quotes

Are you ignoring that civilians are dying?  Putin has only continued to escalate his attacks on civilians. Prolonging this is not the best approach. I understand that our intel was just as wrong about this as they were on leaving Afghanistan. That doesn’t change the fact that something must be done to stop the killing of civilians immediately.

Again, Russia may not be able to effectively wage war in another week if they continue to have these casualty numbers. Close to 11,000 dead, 2x wounded, 2,000 vehicles destroyed or abandoned and deserters. Commanders being killed closer to the front. Their whole army is bogged down. Even if they win, they do not have the manpower to fight a counter insurgency or really even hold the territory.

Russia is fucked.

Yep.

One of the harder truths is that civilian casualties are part of war. Escalating this war means MORE civilian casualties, not less. There is no "something" we can do "to stop the killing of civilians immediately."

Ukraine is in a bad spot, but they're doing very well for a nation with no allies that's been invaded by a much larger nation. Russia has inflicted a lot of damage and pain on Ukraine, but Ukraine has Russia bleeding out.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By anono:

Really? The drones were up there since the kickoff, but this was the first time I saw evidence that we probably have fighters in the air too. Or am I wrong? (Not saying I'm right, genuinely curious).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By anono:
That's been almost a non-stop thing since before the war formally kicked off.

Yeah there's usually at least one UK refueler up and several Lager and Nacho tagged US tankers up on station. There's usually more than that though as they're rotating a lot. There's a bunch of other ISR planes that run orbits regularly too. Combat Sent, Rivet Joint, and Constant Phoenix I've all seen on the border.

I think the UK one is topping off eurofighters I see them pop up over cyprus then their transponders go off. I'm sure the USAF tankers are topping off all sorts of stuff. Probably F16's (see them popping up from Italy) and F35s but I see some F15's pop up too over the UK. The AWAC's are getting topped off too.

Not everything this US has even has ADS-B.
https://www.aviationtoday.com/2019/08/19/military-2936-aircraft-ads-b-jan-1-air-force-says/
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:20:00 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Absolutely fantastic!

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:20:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#33]

People keep saying this, regroup with what. What money? Do people think equipment is so easily procured for Russia? They are not able to just get more good soldier (lol) or top equipment (lol).

They already barely had any, and now its all blown to shit.
View Quote

Lol

Take a look at everything Ukraine says they have destroyed, double it, then look at how much stuff Russia has total.

You're right, it's not fast to make, but Russia has a ton on reserve and it sounds like they're about to start a draft of every dude in the country.  

If they took a break and came up with a new battle plan that isn't leaked they might actually accomplish something. Along with Ukraine and NATO possibly being off guard.

Or whatever

The biggest problem for Russia I think would be financing it
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Dopple:
Well, at least this first wave.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dopple:
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Lol. The wheels are literally falling off. The whole Russian army is a joke.
Well, at least this first wave.

I think their function was to be cannon fodder to keep the Ukrainian armed forces busy so that convoys could move un-harassed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

The S-400 performance is a serious question.  With how shitty pretty much everything else Russian has shown in this, I really hope it is an overpriced steaming pile of shit.
View Quote

As do I, because oh beautiful day then.  With the USA and NATO moving to the F-35 JSF that would mean we'd have such a significant advantage over Russia and China.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

View Quote

Didn't the UA launch a couple of SRBM's at a Soviet airbase?

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By H4ppyB34r:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490290/668103588-2301090.jpg

Still needs work
View Quote

Wow!  Really nice work.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BigMat:
Wouldn't surrendering Crimea and Donbas put the sovereignty issue Ukraine had with joining NATO to bed?

Seems like those terms might backfire on Putin real fast
View Quote

The Donbas has 90% of Ukraines coal reserve. The majority of Ukraine's steel production is also there. That seems like a nonstarter.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Russia is fucked.
View All Quotes

Russia is fucked.

Russia don't give a fuck, they will throw everything they have at the meat grinder to stand on shit pile of destruction.

As long as there is one Russian left they claim a win.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:25:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aswrg7] [#41]

LOLZ

Edited to get the Tweet to work.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Ok, get your Rolodex out and find somewhere for us to put our money and an address we can send things and money to. I’m serious.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

LOOK. All you have to do is contact a US company that makes body armor and see if THEY will take donations to raise money for a shipment. The manufacturer can export it legally and may be able to get expedited export approval (I have done this many times in the past). BUT do not fuck with ITAR as the penalties are severe.

Ok, get your Rolodex out and find somewhere for us to put our money and an address we can send things and money to. I’m serious.

@Ryan_Scott

Working on it.

Here is something you can do now/ready to go:

How to Support AMMO's Charitable Efforts for Ukrainian Armed Forces
AMMO, Inc. has received an overwhelming response to its recent donation offer to Ukrainian Armed Forces. Want to help? Here's how you can donate and support AMMO's charitable efforts.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#43]
On the Ground in Ukraine: A VICE News Tonight Special Report
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:26:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ludder093] [#44]

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Zelensky's Advsior Arestovich says they have gotten more weapons and armor from Russian troops than the entire Ukrainian defense industry has delivered in the past year
View Quote

@hondaciv source? If so, what a slap in the face to Putin...love it!
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

Absolutely fantastic!

https://i.imgur.com/vwxjVJL.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

Absolutely fantastic!

https://i.imgur.com/vwxjVJL.jpg

That is so incredibly awesome! I have that painting hanging in my office!
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#47]

They’ve not been given any other option but to surrender.  Of course they’re fighting at all costs for what is theirs.   If they weren’t willing to fight, I’d never suggest anyone else should.  EU absolutely created the circumstances that lead to this invasion.  They absolutely should intervene with force.
View Quote

Personally, I don’t disagree with you on that point. EU equals NATO in that case. I’d be deployed there to fight as well if that happened.

For better or worse, corrupt politicians on all sides make those decisions though.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#49]

LOLZ

Edited to get the Tweet to work.
View Quote

Here's the pic I keep ATTEMPTING to share:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

At the risk of the destruction of the rest of their country?  They might.  Those areas have effectively been out of their hands for several years now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
If these are Putins only last remaining demands, they are approaching acceptable.

Ukraine is not going to let those areas go, Crimea maybe...  

Plus we need to finish the cutting both balls off Russia.  If Ukraine can destroy the majority of Russian troops and equipment in country, Russia will not be able to recover militarily.  

Let them come and make them burn!  Then take all their money for rebuilding Ukraine.  We need to finish this once and for all.

At the risk of the destruction of the rest of their country?  They might.  Those areas have effectively been out of their hands for several years now.

Understood, but in this case I really believe Ukraine sees a reasonable path to winning, simply by holding on and bleeding the Russians out.
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 787 of 5590)
Top Top