User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5584
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:

Uh, when were their last articles published? Maybe they can't upload news because of you know... cyber attacks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
I just checked six major news sites in Ukraine (same sites I post news from during the week) - ZERO reports of any cyber attacks, shelling, heavy combat, etc.

Uh, when were their last articles published? Maybe they can't upload news because of you know... cyber attacks.

Many within the last hour or so.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I just checked six major news sites in Ukraine (same sites I post news from during the week) - ZERO reports of any cyber attacks, shelling, heavy combat, etc.
View Quote

Cyber attack news.
https://kyivindependent.com/hot-topic/defense-ministry-state-banks-suffer-powerful-cyberattack/
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#3]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WildBill375:

Cyber attack news.
https://kyivindependent.com/hot-topic/defense-ministry-state-banks-suffer-powerful-cyberattack/

Okay thanks. Other news outlets didn't report anything that I saw and many of them posted articles in the last hour or so. Looks like it's under control.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Russian Propaganda Now Shows Ukraine as “Enslaved Brother,” Invasion as “Just Reclamation” - (this article was just posted)

The "news" sites in the US which parrot Kremlin/RT News/Tass/Sputnik all were singing from this very same sheet of music in 2014.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
At this point I don't think it's going to happen. It's all bluster and bullshitting. All the US troop movements are pointless because Biden already said there is nothing Putin can do to make the US get involved. NATO is a joke and it weren't for the US it would have fallen apart long ago. Germany is 100% in bed with Russia and won't lift a finger to intervene.  If Russia does decide to invade and try to take over Ukraine then I hope the Ukrainians sabotage the pipeline to screw over Germany and Europe.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:35:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4thbreak] [#6]
President potato is giving an update right now. Reiterates Americans leave Ukraine now. Says brace for energy prices going up.

Biden, White House give updates on Russia, Ukraine diplomacy - 2/15 (FULL LIVE STREAM)

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#7]
So many words to say absolutely nothing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I think it was a really good speech for the potato.  He is calling Putin's bluffs and holding the Russian's accountable.  What does Putin do when everyone points out over the next few days that his troops are still heading for Ukraine and not pulling back??   One thing is for sure, Lockmart is going to sell a shit ton of new F-35's to Europe this year.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m perplexed by the lack of concern from Ukraine. It just doesn’t seem like that big of a deal. Then you look at our media and government…..
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:08:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#10]
Originally Posted By voodochild:
At this point I don't think it's going to happen. It's all bluster and bullshitting. All the US troop movements are pointless because Biden already said there is nothing Putin can do to make the US get involved. NATO is a joke and it weren't for the US it would have fallen apart long ago. Germany is 100% in bed with Russia and won't lift a finger to intervene.  If Russia does decide to invade and try to take over Ukraine then I hope the Ukrainians sabotage the pipeline to screw over Germany and Europe.
View Quote

Germany sucks and Merkel was active in the East German communist associations which was Putin's territory to oversee along with the Stasi. I'm starting to think that East Germany took West Germany over and not the other way around. Germany's new "leader" appears to be feckless.

Yes, Ukraine should line the pipeline with high explosives at multiple points.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Pred:
I’m perplexed by the lack of concern from Ukraine. It just doesn’t seem like that big of a deal. Then you look at our media and government…..
View Quote

After 8 years of conflict it gets normal. People away from the affected areas don't see anything or have their lives altered.

It's like when someone from North Dakota asks why we need a border wall in the US, down by Mexico. If you aren't directly experiencing it, it's easy to not care.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Many within the last hour or so.
View Quote

Ah, I found the links and took a quick peek. Yeah, only found one article on "The New Voice of Ukraine" about it. Briefly looking. Interesting.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#14]
the suspense is killing me fucking roll in already!
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ArmedKulak:
View Quote

Let’s see if the retreating back to base route just happens to go through Ukraine
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#16]
More reports of GPS jamming and spoofing going on along Russian/Ukraine border as far as 200-300km into Ukraine territory.

https://twitter.com/app4soft/status/1493688088555659264?s=20&t=35eRogGuEvPV2_n_ROKwbw
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I figured that annexation of Belarus would probably be a part of this, even if there was no invasion.

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

1. Normalcy Bias

2. .gov Trying to keep the population from being stirred up and prevent panic

3. They know something we dont. All the satellite images, videos, and reports are false and the people in Ukraine dont see any troops off in the distance

Im voting for 1 and 2
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By glocktalk:
View Quote

42 minutes until 02/16/2022 in Ukraine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By PissedMick:
I figured that annexation of Belarus would probably be a part of this, even if there was no invasion.

View Quote

Why annex Belarus? They are already in bed with Russia.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#21]
US official to @ABC tonight: "Russian troops have moved into 'firing positions' near Ukraine and no sigh of Russia pulling troops back.

https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/1493694446759723015?s=20&t=35eRogGuEvPV2_n_ROKwbw
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

They've gone full on Baghdad Bob in my opinion. Russia has mobilized a massive invasion force, what they have positioned is not the sort of thing a military does as an exercise. If I were in Ukraine I'd be getting out yesterday. Bad stuff is coming for them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 4thbreak:
Says brace for energy prices going up.

View Quote

I did that as soon as he was "elected"
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mgwantob:

They've gone full on Baghdad Bob in my opinion. Russia has mobilized a massive invasion force, what they have positioned is not the sort of thing a military does as an exercise. If I were in Ukraine I'd be getting out yesterday. Bad stuff is coming for them.
View Quote

It looks like a bunch of their political leaders and titans of industry hauled ass over the weekend on private jets to Western Europe...
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Cyber attacks, GPS fuckery, visible troops in sight of the actual border - not just staging a few miles away.  If they are bluffing, they are really selling it hard.  I'm guessing this kicks off between now and 4-6 hours.  I really hope I am wrong.  Good Luck Ukraine.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:26:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wreckshooter] [#28]

Germany sucks and Merkel was active in the East German communist associations which was Putin's territory to oversee along with the Stasi. I'm starting to think that East Germany took West Germany over and not the other way around. Germany's new "leader" appears to be feckless.

Yes, Ukraine should line the pipeline with high explosives at multiple points.
View Quote

That’s a rather shallow version. She was growing up in East Germany and some association with the Communist Party was a requirement for higher education.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By glocktalk:
View Quote

I don't think you will have to wait to much longer.  5pm central daylight time here will be 1am Ukraine.  Then we will see the Bear attack.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#30]
There's a US Army Blackhawk hovering around Milec, Poland callsign EVAC01.

FORTE11(Global Hawk) seems to be fleeing from the borders...
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By voodochild:

Why annex Belarus? They are already in bed with Russia.
View Quote

Yeah, they're effectively a puppet state.  Integration is logical at some point.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

42 minutes until 02/16/2022 in Ukraine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/world-burns2_jpg-2280785.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Are you hoping tens of thousands of Ukrainians die?
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

I'm watching that too.  It was scanning along the border on a typical route and just turned away and moved to the center of Ukraine airspace.  It's been staying much closer to the border the last few weeks.  Russians have probably been hammering it with EW the last couple of days to push it away.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:
Cyber attacks, GPS fuckery, visible troops in sight of the actual border - not just staging a few miles away.  If they are bluffing, they are really selling it hard.  I'm guessing this kicks off between now and 4-6 hours.  I really hope I am wrong.  Good Luck Ukraine.
View Quote

I don’t think you are unfortunately
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Maybe they meant communist Transnistria which is the thin boarder strip on the eastern side of Moldova - there are Russian military there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:34:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: trapsh00ter99] [#37]
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:

View Quote
No kidding...that and the "suspense is killing me, do it already"
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#38]
There have been a shit ton of C17 in the air over Europe and making trips back and forth to the US over the last week.  Multiple at once in the area I assume bringing in gear. Now there is only 1.  Kinda looks like our military thinks it is happening and is getting out of dodge.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Interesting. I woke up this morning and the headlines were Russia is pulling back its forces. Now it looks like its the opposite?
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:39:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JustaGunNut] [#40]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
View All Quotes

Maybe fingers crossed there is no invasion? I find that more likely. I don't think anyone wants one.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 32DOHC:
Interesting. I woke up this morning and the headlines were Russia is pulling back its forces. Now it looks like its the opposite?
View Quote

People don't think Russians be like they do, but they is
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

EVAC01 now appearing to head toward Lviv.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:44:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2tired2run] [#43]
4 hours ago.....

Translation....
Sberbank users complain on social networks that ATMs and terminals do not work, and cards cannot be withdrawn or credited to them. And PrivatBank's customers complain that they can't download Privat24

Twitter guy claiming issues with GPS....

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#44]

EVAC01 now appearing to head toward Lviv.
View Quote

That wasn't showing up on flightaware a few minutes ago. Now it is. Guess they really want everyone to know it is coming.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

That wasn't showing up on flightaware a few minutes ago. Now it is. Guess they really want everyone to know it is coming.
View Quote

Doubt it will cross the border. Probably picking up someone in Poland and taking to a hospital.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I'm not buying into anonymous single source reporting regarding the disposition of Russian forces and their readiness.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Some people are just not self-aware, others desensitized, and still some are just fucking clowns.  Par for the course.

Haven't been keeping up on your megathread, hope the Mrs. parents decided to motor on out.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#49]
People are getting the hell out of dodge from the eastern border;

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes

IIRC the media telling US there's a deadline is the same one professing the virtue of vaccinations, lockdowns.

Page / 5584
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top