Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5111 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 7:19:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#1]

Well,...
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:
Since the subject of Ukraine "repressing" Christians has once again been making the rounds in right wing media (fuck Tucker Carlson), I'll post this in regards to Ukraine shutting down the Russian Orthodox Church:

This is an action that is meant to uphold national security and self-determination. It's a necessary measure. The Russian Orthodox Church is the single biggest propaganda machine in Russia, to the point that it's essentially just an arm of the FSB. The same is true of the puppet Moscow Patriarchate of the Orthodox Church in Ukraine. They're also openly tied to the most batshit insane ultranationalist movements within Russia that make the current Russian government look very sane in comparison, such as the various Black Hundreds movements. Their archbishops are appointed by the Kremlin, either directly or indirectly. Their monasteries serve as toward operating bases. Their priests indoctrinate believers, either aggressively against Ukraine or carefully inserting doubt, depending on where they are located.

The War in the Donbas started when Girkin (a "former" FSB colonel) and his expeditionary force got their weapons from the stashes hidden by the monks and priests of Svyatohisk Lavra, and his personal guard was comprised 100% of ROC monks. Today, the Russian churches are instrumental in coordinating the spy network that adjusting missile strikes all over the country. Long term, they are a cancerous growth that will always present an abject danger to both the Ukrainian state and nation. A strong, healthy Ukrainian state must be irrevocably and irreversibly severed from any and all tools of Russian control, especially those that are cultural and religious in nature. Therefore, they must go.

Great post and worth repeating; listing your sources for this information would also be useful.

Well, here is Girkin himself discussing the role of ROC monks in the early stages of the War in the Donbas.

One of the batshit insane ultranationalist groups with ties to the ROC.

I’m guessing those guys don’t like the Jews very much either.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]

I wish you and your squad mates well on all counts.
You're honoring the righteous drive for freedom and putting it all on the line, and we are proud of you for it!
View Quote

amen to that !
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 8:38:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#5]

You're honoring the righteous drive for freedom and putting it all on the line, and we are proud of you for it!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
Tales of a wandering gunsmith. What the F do these guys do? Why do they think forcing things will make it all better.

Time to find parts for an MG3 feed cover.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-11-18-10-03-46-829_com_g-3031866.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-11-18-10-03-28-105_com_g-3031867.JPG

@Easterner

It appears to just be the dust cover. They likely had it closed when trying to smash it down on a belt hanging out. You can run a MG42 full auto without one.

In fact if this is a continued problem jamming them up (user error) just take them all off….doesn’t keep THAT much gunk out.

I have a full auto MG42 and dont even have a dust cover installed right now.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97971/IMG_1053_jpeg-3031974.JPG

The knowledge/experience base of arfcom continues to yield positive results!

So, Easterner talked about a lot of blowing debris causing a number of stoppages in the trench environment...could a *loosely* secured cloth or plastic cover help as a cheap replacement when used temporarily over an MG receiver?  

Sure, if the metal cover is no good then throw it out- but, if his personal AK74 is getting stoppages, then I would have serious concerns about an MG without *any* cover at all.

The stoppages/malfunctions are coming from sand intrusion. Currently we tape the muzzle device holes which just blows off once you start shooting. I had a malfunction during a firefight with a round that managed to get lodged alongside the gas piston in the receiver. Talk about a bad feeling when your weapon jams and your trench is under assault.

I believe I will be in one of the machine gun nests next trip out. The issue there was a broken hinge pin and the machine gunner forcing the feed cover closed thus breaking/bending more shit. At least there are other weapons available in that fighting position. Perhaps with the recent snow, the sand problems will be gone for now.

Thank you sir. You guys have also been a vast resource of knowledge and good advice.

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Yeah it sucks to be taken out of the fight so quick, but it gives us time to prepare better.
View Quote

don't even worry about that.  this conflict isn't going anywhere.  take care of yourself to be able to take care of others.

wishing you all the best !
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Live stream

Big Brain Commanders: Ukraine Update 2023-11-21

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Yeah the thermals are a help. The patrol I caught was very hard to see. They were wearing something that reduced their signature, and they were moving from tree to tree for cover. It wasn't until I noticed that the first guy had switched sides of the tree that I realized I was looking at a person. I always duck down if removing the devices from my eye.

Yeah it sucks to be taken out of the fight so quick, but it gives us time to prepare better.
View Quote

Just heal up and pray up.

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Just a heads up, there's talk of a P-8 "crash" at Kane'ohe Bay.
It was a hard landing that rolled into the water at the end of the runway.
No real injuries.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2023/11/21/emergency-crews-responding-after-reported-downed-military-aircraft-kaneohe-bay/
View Quote

Interesting.  I worked out of hangar 4, just a few hundred yards from the bay side end of the runway, and I never saw any aircraft, fixed or rotary wing, including C-141s and C-5s make an approach in that direction.  The prevailing winds would have been at their tail, guaranteeing the bird to end up in the bay.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Situation near #Avdiivka : 🇺🇦 / 🇷🇺
The Russian army is advancing on the outskirts of the city and has crossed the main Ukrainian defense line in the North-East near the rail.
Ukrainian reinforcements remain numerous, and are preparing for the aftermath of Avdiivka.

To the southwest of the city, the Russian assaults of early October with heavy losses were not repeated.
The Ukrainians still appear to control the tree line south of Sjeverne. The Russians took back the pile of sand (a mine?).
2/8

South of Avdiivka, around major road junctions, if the first Russian assaults had made it possible to retake positions around the highway, the Ukrainians had temporarily pushed them back.
3/8

We did not necessarily expect a direct attack in the industrial zone of Avdiivka, which has been heavily defended since 2014.
Here a Russian tank in the industrial zone which marks significant progress despite its destruction.
4/8

In the end, it is likely that the Ukrainians, knowing that they will have to withdraw from the city because of its encirclement, will gradually abandon the most isolated positions like that of this industrial zone.
5/8

Any advance east of Avdiivka remains unlikely, knowing that the Ukrainians can rely on solid defense lines, including one directly towards the highway, dominated by a second directly in the town.
6/8

For the area around the villages of Krasnohorivka and Stepove, the most contested area, we notice some changes in the front line, here that of a week ago.
7/8

We notice several axes of advance. In reality, there have been few assaults since those of October 10-20, but infantry advances.
8/8

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Following the digitalization of the route of the Dnieper in November 2023 (according to Sentinel-2 images), I found a German map from 1942 where we can notice that the river has today returned to its initial route.

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 9:53:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#14]

Vatnik twitter-

For those not in the know, in honor of the Day of the Missile Forces and Artillery, soldiers were gathered together to present awards and a concert, after which a HIMARS shell arrived.

Only idiots could organize this, because this is not the first time this has happened.

https://t.me/vicktop55/18622

From the 810th

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F_dz2LpWYAAP089?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Good Choice!  SENTINEL is an excellent piece of kit.  It has a really fast update rate and can do both Airspace Surveillance and Fire Control simultaneously, and it plays nice with Q-36/37 and Q-53.   We used them for flight tracking and airspace deconfliction in Iraq.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Good Choice!  SENTINEL is an excellent piece of kit.  It has a really fast update rate and can do both Airspace Surveillance and Fire Control simultaneously, and it plays nice with Q-36/37 and Q-53.   We used them for flight tracking and airspace deconfliction in Iraq.
View All Quotes

Always glad to hear a good vote of confidence in our equipment.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 10:45:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

I was a SHORAD guy.  When maneuver guys are requesting SENTINEL coverage for any/all their ops, you know it's gotta be good.  Kind of sucked for my crews, as they got to do ALL of the Division's NTC and JRTC rotations!
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 11:42:24 PM EDT
[#20]
How much land is Russia getting to keep?
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I don't know who "trenchface" is, but they're an idiot.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 12:12:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MaddMan:
View Quote

Nobody knows for sure yet. Both sides are dying for more.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 12:15:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Posted today

We will work in the name of Russia, for the benefit of Russia, and we will fulfill our duty to the end.

Evgeny Prigozhin

https://t.me/Prigozhin_hat/3842

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

The answer is whatever the west allows them to keep.  Do you actually have something to discuss, something to add?
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 12:16:57 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Capta:

The answer is whatever the west allows them to keep.  Do you actually have something to discuss, something to add?
View Quote

No, he doesn't. He was defending Douglas MacGregor et al. in another thread fairly recently. It's just yet another flyby troll post.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 1:21:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Central Asia Faces Challenges and Sees Opportunities Amid Complex Geopolitical Outlook

A conversation with Temur Umarov about Russia, China, and Central Asia amid the war in Ukraine.

Since the Russian invasion of Ukraine in late February 2022, Central Asia has found itself in the diplomatic spotlight – a showy summit with China’s president in Xi’an, a historic summit with the U.S. president in New York, and a busy schedule of diplomatic visits to the region. But Central Asia’s geopolitical position lends itself to oftentimes simplistic narratives that cast the region as the “backyard” of one power or the other, or perhaps a battleground-to-be between Russia and China. These narratives ignore the very real agency of Central Asia’s governments and societies, which while facing many challenges are also seeing, and seizing, opportunities.

“International relations, unlike physics or mathematics, do not operate logically and often have a chaotic and unpredictable nature,” reflected Temur Umarov, an expert on China and Central Asia and a fellow at the Carnegie Russia Eurasia Center, in an interview with The Diplomat’s Catherine Putz. In the period since the invasion of Ukraine, it has become all the more evident that the geopolitics of Central Asia are complex, and the region’s states are navigating an evolving landscape.

How has the war in Ukraine affected Russia’s relations with the countries of Central Asia?

The war in Ukraine has certainly impacted Russia’s relations with Central Asian states. However, the effects are multilayered and more nuanced than they might initially appear.

Firstly, the invasion of Ukraine has created geopolitical turbulence and problems in the global economy, leading to rising prices for energy and agricultural products. This instability has had varying effects on different regions, with Central Asia being one of the most affected due to its overdependence on Russia’s economy and logistics.

Secondly, the war in Ukraine has presented a political dilemma for Central Asian countries. The invasion became a contentious issue that all five Central Asian states would have preferred to ignore, but in some contexts, it is impossible. As a result, the region’s leadership had to rethink and design a balanced diplomatic strategy that would allow them to pursue contradictory goals simultaneously: a) distance themselves from Moscow to the extent that the international community would not associate Central Asian states with Russia’s aggression, and b) ensure that the Kremlin doesn’t perceive that the region’s countries are turning their backs on Moscow.

At the same time, the war in Ukraine has opened up some opportunities for Central Asian states. Russia is diplomatically isolated, so it has more diplomatic resources to spend on the Central Asian region, which was never a real priority for Russia’s foreign policy. Since the start of the war, we’ve seen how the region has climbed up in the priority lists of Russian leadership, which can be evidenced by the number of visits and dialogues that political elites of Central Asian states have had with Russia. This allows some Central Asian states to achieve concessions from Moscow that they couldn’t have if Russia didn’t have weakened negotiation power. For example, Tajikistan managed to get Russia to finally label the opposition Islamic Renaissance Party as a terrorist organization.

On the economic front, there is also an opening for countries like Kyrgyzstan to become the main intermediary between Russia and the unsanctioned world: in 2022, trade turnover between the two states increased by almost 40 percent.

Are Russia’s losses in Central Asia – whether in terms of reputation, or attention, or financial and development connections – China’s gains? How do you view the interplay between Russia’s relations with Central Asia and China’s relations with the region?

I would not draw a direct correlation between Russia’s “losses” and China’s “gains” in the region. International relations, unlike physics or mathematics, do not operate logically and often have a chaotic and unpredictable nature.

I certainly agree that Russia is losing its positions in Central Asia. However, this did not start with the war in Ukraine; it was a long-term trend that experts have been discussing for decades. Throughout the three decades between the collapse of the Soviet Union and the war in Ukraine, Russia was mostly described as a declining power in Central Asia. The majority of dominant positions that Moscow still enjoys there were mostly inherited from the USSR.

With the invasion, we are merely observing the intensification of a long-existing trend. Russia is becoming an increasingly unpopular partner from the perspective of Central Asian societies: the number of people who disapprove of Russian leadership grew unprecedentedly last year in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan, according to a Gallup report.

The same long-term trend that regional experts have been observing for decades is China’s growth in Central Asia, which can be substantiated by trade, investment, and debt statistics. The intensification of ties that we are observing these days, especially considering the number of meetings between Beijing and Central Asian capitals, is more a part of long-existing processes than a result of Russia’s weakness. From this perspective, I think it is much more connected to China’s recovery from the long COVID diplomatic quarantine than to the war in Ukraine.

Most importantly, it is not in the interests of Central Asian states to replace one dependency with another. That is why they try to create an atmosphere in the region that will allow all interested states, not only China and Russia, to coexist there. For more on that, I recommend reading my co-authored piece in Foreign Affairs.

China hosted all five Central Asian leaders for a summit earlier this year that was heavy on symbolism. What were the most important substantive outcomes of the summit? What does it tell us about Central Asian relations with China?

I believe that most (if not all) summits are much more important from a symbolic perspective than from substantial outcomes. The main decisions in relations between states are not made during these highly protocolized meetings, but rather in routine day-to-day activities.

However, symbols are important when we speak about politics. As the China-Central Asia summit in Xi’an proves, festivities worthy of an Olympic opening ceremony can stimulate global discussions about China’s dominance in the region and its potential replacement of Russia there. But I would be cautious about jumping to these kinds of conclusions. Substantively, there was nothing new and groundbreaking as an outcome of the summit.

The most important thing to keep an eye on, I would say, is the discourse power that was visible: All five Central Asian states signed up to Beijing’s vague global development, security, and civilization initiatives, which for now do not lay any additional responsibility on any of the region’s states. In addition, China’s interactions in the law enforcement dimension and cooperation here was also discussed during the summit.

From a technical point of view, an important substantive outcome would include the establishment of the China-Central Asia heads-of-state meeting mechanism, which will allow leaders to meet regularly without the participation of other states (like under the SCO format). The next one is scheduled to take place in Kazakhstan in 2025.

However, all that together with the growing importance of China in the region tells us only one thing: China is a crucial partner for the region, but not the only one. Central Asian states do not want to become overly dependent on Beijing and because of that try to balance China’s presence with Russia’s, as well as other states’ (Türkiye, broadly the West, countries of the Middle East, East Asia, etc.)

Has China’s approach to Central Asia evolved since the launching of the Belt and Road Initiative in 2013? What are the core components of China’s engagement in the region?

I wouldn’t necessarily say so. The BRI itself is not a clear and well-thought-out plan; it is a vague initiative that the expert community believe to be an umbrella term for anything that China is doing outside of its borders.

What the BRI has successfully done with regards to China’s presence in Central Asia is to divert attention from Beijing’s security activities in the region to the economic component of the relationship.

However, in my view, security still is the priority of Beijing in Central Asia. Numerous research, such as that done by Niva Yau for the FPRI, support this view. It’s important not to oversimplify China’s security engagement with the states of Central Asia. For example, the event that so far had the biggest attention in the media was around China’s “military bases” in Tajikistan. The important point here is not to just label it as military, since the main engagement is happening under the control of law enforcement agencies from both sides, and this is a broader cooperation. Unlike the military, law enforcement deals with both domestic and international security issues.

The economic component of China’s presence in Central Asia is based upon the consensus between local leaderships and Beijing in security cooperation. So, it was never China’s primary goal to become the main economic power in Central Asia. When security is under question, Beijing prefers to pause its economic activities, as the latest political turbulence in Kyrgyzstan has shown.

The trend visible in recent years is that Beijing shifts its focus from large-scale infrastructure projects to building medium- and small-scale enterprises that contribute to the region’s industrialization and create jobs for locals. Everything else, like cultural cooperation, media engagement, or people-to-people ties, comes only after all of the above mentioned.

Turning back to the war in Ukraine. What lessons do you think China is taking from the conflict, regarding its own relations with Russia and its own territorial ambitions?

I believe that, on the one hand, it’s too soon to fully understand what lessons China might be learning from the war in Ukraine as it is still ongoing. However, there are some that are already visible.

Firstly, there are “military lessons” from the war. Since I am not a military expert, I will leave it to my colleagues who are and will refer to the event that Carnegie hosted on that specific topic.

Secondly, there is an economic component to the current situation. What is happening right now with Russia’s economy being under an unprecedented amount of global sanctions is something that China might be preparing for. Of course, we cannot compare Russia’s economy (around 3 percent of global GDP) to China’s (the 2nd largest, almost 20 percent), but sanctions hurt and when targeted can have a tangible impact on the modernization of a country. If tensions with the West continue to intensify, these same economic weapons may well be turned against China. For more information on what kinds of lessons Beijing is implementing in its financial system, in making sure it will not be cut off from transactions network, or in resilience of its national currency, I recommend reading my colleague Evan Feigenbaum’s co-authored piece in Foreign Affairs.

Thirdly, I believe that China is learning from the current situation about the importance of alliances and the stability of the political regime. Russia’s isolation and the lack of enthusiasm in support of Russia’s actions from its traditional partners (like Kazakhstan) has shown, pragmatically speaking, how important it is for a country that is about to go into conflict with the global community to have strong and loyal partners around the world. Also, the Russian political regime has shown its fragility and has already gone through several crises and an attempted coup.

As even today the collapse of the USSR is a topic of great interest for China’s Russia scholars, today’s Russia provides a unique laboratory for studying authoritarian political regimes’ stability for Beijing.

https://thediplomat.com/2023/11/central-asia-faces-challenges-and-sees-opportunities-amid-complex-geopolitical-outlook/

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 2:37:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#29]
Russia is behind a global network of disinformation campaign codenamed "Doppelganger" (ed. - "Doppelganger") to create fake websites that mimic world media.

Journalists from the Haaretz newspaper have published a large-scale study of the array of data on how Kremlin-linked organizations create almost perfect copies of international media sites with similar domain names. On which fake information is posted.

Fake versions of Fox News, Le Monde, Der Spiegel, the popular Israeli resource Walla and other large sites were created within the "Doppelganger".

A separate trend was the spread of misinformation about the alleged redistribution of American aid to Ukraine in favor of Israel. The journalists note that some fake sites were launched the day after the Hamas attack on Israel, October 8, which is another indirect evidence of Russia's preparation to support the Hamas attack, in particular, in providing information for their aggressive actions.

"Doppelganger" is a continuation of the information and psychological operations of the Russian Federation, which were tested on a large scale in the course of accompanying a full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

https://t.me/informnapalm/19530

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 2:37:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#30]

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 3:02:24 AM EDT
[#31]

No, he doesn't. He was defending Douglas MacGregor et al. in another thread fairly recently. It's just yet another flyby troll post.
View Quote

If it turns out that Ukraine loses what it has to this point, that the West reduces aid and essentially forces a pro-Russian peace, would that cause you to reconsider your world view to a more conspiritorial one?  What if MacGregor has been conditioning people to a narrative that was always the most likely, no intended, outcome that was bargained amongst the more powerful actors?  Or to you is that just a product of Biden's foreign policy?
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 3:21:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Tacosis:
If it turns out that Ukraine loses what it has to this point, that the West reduces aid and essentially forces a pro-Russian peace, would that cause you to reconsider your world view to a more conspiritorial one?  What if MacGregor has been conditioning people to a narrative that was always the most likely, no intended, outcome that was bargained amongst the more powerful actors?  Or to you is that just a product of Biden's foreign policy?
View Quote

MacGregor's a sock puppet that pivoted to the Middle East in lockstep with every other Russian sock puppet.

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 3:44:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#33]

View All Quotes

I’m probably the poster child for the “conspiratorial” view that the west has intentionally obscured its war aims and level of support and that the west’s first (but not only) goal was to grind Russia to a pulp.  The best outcome for everyone - the US, Europe, and Ukraine - is the total destruction of Russian power.
While I believe all this is borne out by events, there are equally obvious facts pointing to a different outcome than you and some others like you suggest.  In no particular order:
1) Russia and Europe are already at war in everything but the shooting.  Russia’s energy fuckery and their extremely well-documented barbarity in Ukraine have driven the point home that Russia has to be stopped in Ukraine.  The idea that “everyone just wants the war to go away so Russia can go back to selling Europe gas” is absolute fantasy.  Reparations, war crimes trials, and eventually the Russian hyper-nationalist “Hitler in the 30s” response to defeat in this war will prevent any rapprochement for decades.
2) Very costly long term investment has been and is being made to support Ukraine for the long term, which would not be the case if Europe was going to walk away.
3) People tend to not understand that the real object of this war is not Russian domination of Ukraine but Russian domination of Europe.  European leadership however does understand that, and they also understand they have the instrument and the situation to end that threat.
4) What’s in it for Ukraine is survival and long-term recovery.  There is a butcher’s bill to pay, but the best outcome for Ukraine is whatever has the greatest chance to absolutely destroy Russia as a regional power.
5)The powers facing Russia outweigh its economy by 50-fold and there is simply no getting around that.  This war ends when and where the west wants it to end.  The only advantage Russia has is manpower and the will to expend it - which the west is perfectly happy with.  The situation is quite similar (but worse) than WWII Japan.  Also, the west has already gotten the cream of Russia’s young generation of emigrants, who are NEVER going back.
6)Finally - Russia is what’s for dinner.  It’s a colonial empire that will come apart at the seams over the next 20 years as a result of this war.  It has ample resources which will all be up for grabs;  there is simply too much at stake for anyone to pass up the opportunity.  Everyone will get their piece and wars will be fought over it.  Ukraine is useful to Europe because they (and Poland) are the meatshields against the coming instability.  And they will get their rewards as well.
All IMO.

I’m not even going to waste my time addressing the filth that comes out of the mouths of Ritter and MacGregor.  It is absolute garbage targeting mentally ill Americans who have been trained to identify America as The Enemy.
Scott Ritter is an actual, literal traitor.  MacGregor is probably also an actual traitor to the United States.  If you slurp up what they lay down you personally are flirting with treason.
If you’re an American, please reconsider the path you’re on.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 3:54:45 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 5:16:31 AM EDT
[#35]

As reported by Russian combatant Romanov, the man took many photos of the freshwater delivery he had made to Kreminna from Russian territory, and published on his channel on 14 November. Ukrainians carried out geolocation of the concealed position, which turned out to be a gas station, and shelled it continuously for several days.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 5:18:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 5:43:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 6:47:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Canada's aid for Ukraine set to surpass $800 million this year

Aid is set to decline in subsequent fiscal years

Canada expects its military assistance to Ukraine to top $816 million in the current budget year, with major declines forecast in the coming years.

The Fall Economic Statement, tabled in the House of Commons by Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland on Tuesday, provides a snapshot of what the Liberal government has spent this year on helping Ukraine's military turn back the Russian invasion.

The figure includes spending on equipment and munitions announced since the federal budget last spring — including the $500 million Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced during a visit to Kyiv in June.

The economic statement says Canada is expected to spend $318 million on military aid to Ukraine next year and $197 million in the 2025-26 fiscal year.

Canada and Ukraine are negotiating a long-term security arrangement — something G7 countries promised as bridge for the Eastern European country while it waits for NATO membership.

The money set aside in the coming years largely reflects Trudeau's promise in September, during a visit to Canada by President Volodymr Zelensky, to provide additional armoured vehicles to Ukraine over the longer term.

It's not clear whether there will be additional funding once the long-term security arrangement is finalized.

Canada has largely funded its military support for Ukraine on an as-requested, ad-hoc basis — something Zelensky's government has been quietly pushing to change into something more stable and predictable. Other allied nations have shown signs of slowing aid as the full-scale war moves towards its second anniversary.

The fiscal update also indicates what the federal government expects to spend on beefing up the Canadian army's presence in Latvia as part of NATO's deterrence mission in Eastern Europe. It forecasts spending $802 million in the next budget year, and an additional $872 million in the 2025-26 budget, on the deterrence mission.

At the NATO summit last year in Madrid, Canada committed to helping expand the current multinational battle group (to which Canada contributes roughly 1,000 soldiers) to a full brigade-sized formation (which could run to anywhere between 3,400 to 5,000 troops, depending upon their equipment requirements).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-aid-for-ukraine-800-million-1.7035135

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#41]

5)The powers facing Russia outweigh its economy by 50-fold and there is simply no getting around that.  This war ends when and where the west wants it to end.  The only advantage Russia has is manpower and the will to expend it - which the west is perfectly happy with.  
View All Quotes

5)The powers facing Russia outweigh its economy by 50-fold and there is simply no getting around that.  This war ends when and where the west wants it to end.  The only advantage Russia has is manpower and the will to expend it - which the west is perfectly happy with.  

To me this is one of those 'technically true' but not totally true issues.

Yes, economically Russia is weak. Its military tech is dated and no match qualitatively with Western 30+yr old gear. Its rifles have no optics, it tanks explode, etc etc. We're all hip with this.

Yet as Bruce Lee famously said, "There is no weapon more deadly than the Will." This is Putin/Russia's real SuperPower - the Will. The ability to take a radical course of action, and see it through, come what may. Putin is down to go full YOLO, no backing down, no flagging in interest or desire - he wants Ukraine -  and he has the total control to mobilize large sectors of Russia to this end. There is no war fatigue, no next distracting crisis, no upcoming election to dilute Putin/Russias attention on his task.

The EU is vastly richer than Russia. Yet it is not richer in Will. As a microcosm, the EU pledged 1 million 155mm, yet has only managed to produce 300,000. Russias 152mm is currently estimated at 1 million per year, and is expected to hit 2 million per year in the next year or two. If you read Euro press, its clear there is simmering anxiety and dread over the war, and the rumblings of 'land for peace' plans.

The US is vastly richer and more militarily capable than Russia. But it's now distracted by Israel and facing division at home, and is unable to currently pass a new round of funding for Ukraine. It also has a litany of distractions heading down the pike - a polarizing election, rising tensions with Iran, a need to Contain China, plus all manner of other global issues.

A war of attrition is ultimately a not just a war of resources, but a war of Wills, and thats one resource Russia has the advantage in over the West.

Putin's gamble is that he can outlast US/EU willpower and support, and theres a very real chance that he Will.

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

You werent talking to me but I will say NO to your question. McGregor has been wrong on every aspect of this war so far and he has been a cheerleader for Russia rather than an analyst. I stalemate is possible, even likely but Russia is done as a Regional power. They have beclowned themselves and all they can offer now is inept brutality despite what their paid shills claim.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 9:56:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#43]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Not necessarily an idiot, he is looking at the whole affair rationally.  Ukraine may well be Russia's self-inflicted funeral pyre in the medium- to long- term regardless of the outcome on the ground.  Russia as a whole cannot sustain this war effort and improve their economy holistically, and their demographics were already bad before the impact of this war.  Let's remember what the United States went through in two wars to free themselves from the British before we discount the Ukrainian national will.  Also, we have to consider how powerful the German position and the Imperial German Army looked in late winter 1918, following the Russian collapse on the Eastern front.  Casualties were being measured in the thousands per day, The Germans were massing for a spring offensive, the French had just suffered through a string of mutinies, the Brits were fighting an insurgency within their home islands in Ireland, the American's were just showing up in something beyond token numbers and were woefully unprepared for combat, and there was this weird flu that was incapacitating and often killing large numbers of their soldiers.  Anyone saying that the war would be over by Thanksgiving as a total German rout would likely also be called an "idiot".  This is why Bismarck referred to war as "rolling the iron dice" and did everything to avoid a major-power conflict.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#44]
I hope we get to see the footage on how this happened.  Mines usually do this to light vehicles though.

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#45]
All associated hardware for the Russian ZALA drone deployment.

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Yes, economically Russia is weak. Its military tech is dated and no match qualitatively with Western 30+yr old gear. Its rifles have no optics, it tanks explode, etc etc. We're all hip with this.

Yet as Bruce Lee famously said, "There is no weapon more deadly than the Will." This is Putin/Russia's real SuperPower - the Will. The ability to take a radical course of action, and see it through, come what may. Putin is down to go full YOLO, no backing down, no flagging in interest or desire - he wants Ukraine -  and he has the total control to mobilize large sectors of Russia to this end. There is no war fatigue, no next distracting crisis, no upcoming election to dilute Putin/Russias attention on his task.

The EU is vastly richer than Russia. Yet it is not richer in Will. As a microcosm, the EU pledged 1 million 155mm, yet has only managed to produce 300,000. Russias 152mm is currently estimated at 1 million per year, and is expected to hit 2 million per year in the next year or two. If you read Euro press, its clear there is simmering anxiety and dread over the war, and the rumblings of 'land for peace' plans.

The US is vastly richer and more militarily capable than Russia. But it's now distracted by Israel and facing division at home, and is unable to currently pass a new round of funding for Ukraine. It also has a litany of distractions heading down the pike - a polarizing election, rising tensions with Iran, a need to Contain China, plus all manner of other global issues.

A war of attrition is ultimately a not just a war of resources, but a war of Wills, and thats one resource Russia has the advantage in over the West.

Putin's gamble is that he can outlast US/EU willpower and support, and theres a very real chance that he Will.

View Quote

10:10 Perfect analysis! Unfortunately.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 10:03:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Russians being picked off at night by thermal equipped bomber drones.

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Are you sure you guys aren't discounting Ukrainian will?
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#49]

stopped again at the pipeline the other day, very suspicious.

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 10:10:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#50]

https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1727199199517704486

There are already about 200 drone manufacturers operating in Ukraine, - Fedorov

“Today there are about 200 companies producing drones in Ukraine. New ones appear almost monthly. We are building new factories, we already have conveyor production of thousands of units of such equipment, there are even tens of thousands in a certain category, we just cannot loudly announce such things.

But the front needs more drones. Therefore, we are constantly thinking about what else we need to do, in terms of innovation, taxes, increasing funding, attracting partners in order to produce even more drones for the defense forces,” said Minister of Digital Transformation Mikhail Fedorov on the telethon.
View Quote
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5111 of 5590)
Top Top