Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4953 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Something odd about this page.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Damn, they must have been running that tube with max charges all day or someshit
View Quote

Could have been a bad projectile.
I doubt that's a rare thing when you fire that many shells.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
❗️ Moscow authorities published the addresses of secret facilities of Russian security agencies

Investigators from the "Dossier" center found on the website of the Moscow City Hall a document with the title "List of consumers of electric power (capacity), the restriction of the regime of electric power consumption of which may lead to economic, environmental and social consequences". It is there that the addresses of restricted facilities are listed.

The list of special Moscow electricity consumers approved by Sergei Sobyanin includes addresses where employees of secret agencies are registered. Among them is building 91 on Profsoyuznaya Street. The document also lists specific apartments, presumably belonging to intelligence officers.

The largest concentration of secret facilities is located in the Serebryany Bor, a specially protected natural area in the area of Moscow. There are military unit facilities belonging to the Foreign Intelligence Service, as well as plots intended for "defense and security" and "operation of a service dacha."

The building in Stoleshnikov Pereulok, where the famous Jean-Jacques café is located, turned out to be somehow connected with the Federal Protective Service. In the border region of Bryansk, officials even noted a temporary mobile FSB station. And in St. Petersburg, the law enforcement agencies have several dachas in the most elite neighborhoods of the city.

Such information is a state secret, and for the disclosure of addresses under Article 283 of the Criminal Code threatens up to seven years in prison.

The file was placed in the section "Special Group" on the site of the mayor's office, now it is no longer available.

The investigators also found similar files on the websites of the administrations of St. Petersburg, the Leningrad region, the frontline Belgorod and Bryansk regions, the Primorsky Krai, Kamchatka, Chechnya and North Ossetia.

Also, the lists include addresses belonging to the Ministry of Defense and captions to them: "ammunition depot", "refueling point" and "storage facility". According to the investigators, the addresses of these facilities may already be known to the Ukrainian security services and could be used as potential targets for strikes.

Therefore, the journalists created a map in which they indicated all possible potential targets for strikes, so that ordinary residents could understand the risks of living near such places. that is a nice target list ya got there.
View Quote

Wow. Somebody is going to be mad they have to move out. 😂. But with do many listed , most probably won’t be moved.

Nice data digging there UA. 😀
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 11:24:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#5]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Muzzle brakes fail from time to time.  When I was on M109A3's, one of the PMCS checks was to examine the muzzle brake for deformation, cracks, and other wear.  If you are constantly firing a crapton of full-charge white bag or red bag, muzzle brakes are bound to fail occasionally.  On one occasion, I remember an 8" muzzle brake from a sister units' gun flying in formation towards the impact area at Camp Blanding in formation with the projectile. [/quo

te]The brake from a M110 would still mess up whatever it hit down range. That thing is large.
View Quote

Yes it is!  I didn't get to see it land but I was reliably informed later that it shredded some trees and dug quite the trench when it hit after a bunch of bounces.  We were "cold" for about 6 hours while the safety, maintenance, and o/c teams took photos and recovered it; we ended up doing night fire instead of day fire.  I was an Ammo Team Chief and things got quite sporty moving around enough illum to make that happen.  It is quite the upper body workout to uncrate, move and fuse 16 illum rounds that were still palletized in the front of the carrier on short notice because the original turret plan called for two!
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 11:28:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tuco22] [#6]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
On this page, we come face to face with the horseshoe theory of politics being a reality in GD. /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif
View Quote

GD before Feb 2022 - "Fuck the FSA"
GD currently - "wont you think about the ebt/snap? fucking Zelensky. "
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 11:40:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Some good points here.
I dont want to see more vids of street brawls between AWOL street patrols and unwilling Ukrainian men but they are in a war for survival. But I have a hard time excusing or even understanding young men in Ukraine who are not in the service. They dont all have to be front-line infantry or trench warriors. They can be medics, ambulance drivers, drone builders, whatever. But if they are of age, 18-50, they should be in the service or on a waiting list. No reason to have them sitting around for a year or two then rush them through training in 2 months. Even if they dont have equipment to outfit them, get them through basic then into a TDF or some "reserve" status where they train part time for months or years and can be called up when needed or when the necessary equipment arrives.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

We need to be clear when discussing conscription versus mobilization in Russia. Conscription they do every year, bringing new, young people into the military for compulsory service. Mobilization is where they re-activate past active duty service members. Many of those may in fact have only been conscripts at one time. Many are contract service veterans.

Anyway, I agree with Ben Wallace. That Ukrainian man-on-the-street interview video I showed had a number of young, military-age males clearly not in the service. I know they say they don't have enough gear to equip everyone, but surely that can easily be fixed with a mass shipment of small arms, body armor, helmets, IFAK, uniforms, other field gear, and grenades out the wazoo. If there's a chance for a big push this winter or next spring, the time to train is now. Get another quarter-million callup in Ukraine, send them out west to get trained by Ukrainian veterans and UK regulars & SAS, get ready for 2024.

Some good points here.
I dont want to see more vids of street brawls between AWOL street patrols and unwilling Ukrainian men but they are in a war for survival. But I have a hard time excusing or even understanding young men in Ukraine who are not in the service. They dont all have to be front-line infantry or trench warriors. They can be medics, ambulance drivers, drone builders, whatever. But if they are of age, 18-50, they should be in the service or on a waiting list. No reason to have them sitting around for a year or two then rush them through training in 2 months. Even if they dont have equipment to outfit them, get them through basic then into a TDF or some "reserve" status where they train part time for months or years and can be called up when needed or when the necessary equipment arrives.

Excellent plan. There is a lot of classroom and field walks out training that can be done. Communications. Movement. Contact drills. Logistics. Identifying motivated and skilled individuals. Maintenance. Drones. Just tons of non-combat and minimal equipment training could be done. And as was pointed out, start bringing combat vets back from the front to provide critical reality training. How to survive artillery, assaulting.  

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 11:47:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 11:53:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#9]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7cRhlSWkAAVRaW?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

The two funding models drive very different results. If you have to fight for funds every three months then big initiatives never get funded be abuse there is no guaranteed continuity to conclusion. It may equal the same total but the drip drip method will be 1/4 as effective.

For instance and just using F-16 as an e ample as I have no idea what those numbers are, but it could be any large system.

Say to get the first batch of F-16s transferred cost $4 billion. But the quarterly budget bill over the fiscal two year cycle is $3 billion. You will never do F-16 in this e ample because it consumes the entire quarter budget and still falls short of the minimum needed.

In contrast, if you have a $24 billion budget from the start, that $4 billion could be an easy decision.

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Arguing that because people don't want to fund Ukraine aligns them with Code Pink is just as stupid as people who claim that our support for Ukraine means we're Biden supporters.
View Quote

Well, the shoe is on the other foot, isn't it?

The thing that is remarkable to me is that I would NEVER have thought that any typical arfcommer (not counting drive-by hacks, trolls, or >2020ers) would share any view with Code Pink. I always thought Code Pink was a standard of being opposite of everything that can be good or right in the world. For any of arfcom to align with Code Pink even on just one issue (besides RKBA) is something I never, ever thought possible. Democrats at large, sure I can share some ideas with some ordinary Democrats. But Code Pink is a subset that I thought was way beyond the pale across the board. This is new ground for me.

And yes, anti-Ukraine folks DO call us Biden supporters, as stupid as that is. I don't support Biden on Ukraine at all, I think he's handled it incredibly badly. Ukraine should already have fully trained F16 crews in country by now with six months worth of missions under their belts.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Check out this over-the-top hyperbole: banning Russian-language broadcasts on TV in Latvia is LITERALLY the same thing as Nazi Germany. It leads to Auschwitz!

Russian-speakers in Latvia will need to be defended, don't you know.

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Arguing that because people don't want to fund Ukraine aligns them with Code Pink is just as stupid as people who claim that our support for Ukraine means we're Biden supporters.
View Quote

Shrug.

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

“Stay away from the dirt! They don’t like the dirt!”

I take it all those smaller explosions were land mines going off from falling debris?  They must have bern laid thick in that field.

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Bro they get mega butthurt when someone calls out their pink pussy hat wearing Code Pink talking points.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
Remarkable how well her Twitter page would play in GD.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7XUG0XWAAAjsyz?format=jpg&name=medium

Bro they get mega butthurt when someone calls out their pink pussy hat wearing Code Pink talking points.

Yes, because they know they are trying to throw Ukraine under the bus just to hurt the Democrats and don’t like want to be called out for it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Adding the tweet that was referred to for those not using X. It is important we know the daily cost of our dawdling. There are dozens of villages along the front also being pummeled nearly daily that can’t all be protected by seamless AD and counter battery.

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

I take it all those smaller explosions were land mines going off from falling debris?  They must have bern laid thick in that field.

View All Quotes

You are correct, I wish we would have kept our cold war fuel air explosive stockpiles, because they would be useful in helping to clear pathways through fields like that because of the pressure wave they can generate.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Today was the 2nd day of clearing trenches. We ran the course with blanks today after the obstacle course run. I was dropped off on the way to conduct an ambush on the recruits as they patrolled the road. They did well reacting to contact and peeled off to a safe area to regroup. Tomorrow we will run another trench range with live fire. I'll try to get some pictures. It's one of my favorites to run myself.

Good news for me is I got a promotion this morning to senior soldier. There were a couple other instructors that were also promoted. So now, I have a rank patch to fill the previously blank spot on the uniform.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#21]
this should be entertaining
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Today was the 2nd day of clearing trenches. We ran the course with blanks today after the obstacle course run. I was dropped off on the way to conduct an ambush on the recruits as they patrolled the road. They did well reacting to contact and peeled off to a safe area to regroup. Tomorrow we will run another trench range with live fire. I'll try to get some pictures. It's one of my favorites to run myself.

Good news for me is I got a promotion this morning to senior soldier. There were a couple other instructors that were also promoted. So now, I have a rank patch to fill the previously blank spot on the uniform.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-10-02-19-12-42-280_com_g-2974047.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:20:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#23]
View All Quotes

Shrug.

https://assets.nationbuilder.com/codepink/pages/24017/meta_images/original/PPC_Peace_Collective.jpeg?1678234887

lol, I did not know what food insecurity referenced until I saw this.  I never paid much attention to them.

Holy crap, the groups certainly have a similar message.

lol, get bent!
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Somebody else already posted this but I can’t readily find it to quote. But this is a whole lot of close kills I have not seen. Most of the videos we see are suppressive fire in the distance or thick wood line. This compilation video has many quick encounters in trenches, houses, woods, etc. Drones for squad level situational awareness will be one standard for militaries very soon after watching vids like this. Being the first to know an enemy unit is on your flank or waiting around the corner will save a lot of lives. Maybe even individuals with a pouch of their own nano drones to use
for a quick look see.

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:
Yes, because they know they are trying to throw Ukraine under the bus just to hurt the Democrats and don’t like want to be called out for it.
View Quote

That may be true for a few mouth-breathers, but there is also serious consideration for meaningful issues.
Sending arms to Ukraine depletes US military readiness, because we are really short in both inventory and capacity in certain areas. This concern is completely true.
The US debt is getting to crisis levels, and ALL excess spending should end. I agree with the concern about the deficit, but Ukraine is a teacup against a swimming pool.
Isolationism is better foreign policy, Russia should be able to do what they want in their own backyard. That's a valid opinion, I just disagree with it.

Yes, some idiots just spout off nonsense on Ukraine. But there really are substantive reasons to oppose US involvement that should be addressed substantively. And at the end of the day, there are just differing opinions on some of these issues.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Honestly, failing to be able to admit that someone, or some group you truly despise can believe in certain concepts that you also believe in, without having to support other things they Believe in is ignorant.

I despise Biden, and believe that he is trying to ride the fence with Ukraine, he wants to be able to take credit for a victory, but still be able to distance himself from a defeat. At least apathetic support is better than nothing.

The lunatic fringe on the right, I am only partially surprised about. They had no problem feeding myself and my son's into wars where the countries we fought for didn't give a fuck, and there was never so much as a clear goal. Now there is a country invaded by our most belligerent for for over a hundred years, and they are against supporting that country with a little money and some weapons, mostly old surplus weapons. A country that has not asked for, demanded or even suggested we give them the blood of my son's.

There is no logical reason to not support Ukraine, none. The money is peanuts, the weapons are things we should be rotating out of service to be replaced anyway.

You don't have to support Biden to support Ukraine and oppose Russia. In 1942 you didn't have to support FDR to realize that Japan and Germany were a problem, as a matter of fact plenty of people couldn't stand FDR, but opposed Hitler.

Of course the same folks who are raging in support of Russia today would have been at rallies at Madison Square Garden in 39, demanding we stay out of the war, because Germany was just making right on unfair treatment.

View Quote

Hit the nail on the head.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#27]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-10-02-19-12-42-280_com_g-2974047.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Honestly, failing to be able to admit that someone, or some group you truly despise can believe in certain concepts that you also believe in, without having to support other things they Believe in is ignorant.

I despise Biden, and believe that he is trying to ride the fence with Ukraine, he wants to be able to take credit for a victory, but still be able to distance himself from a defeat. At least apathetic support is better than nothing.

The lunatic fringe on the right, I am only partially surprised about. They had no problem feeding myself and my son's into wars where the countries we fought for didn't give a fuck, and there was never so much as a clear goal. Now there is a country invaded by our most belligerent for for over a hundred years, and they are against supporting that country with a little money and some weapons, mostly old surplus weapons. A country that has not asked for, demanded or even suggested we give them the blood of my son's.

There is no logical reason to not support Ukraine, none. The money is peanuts, the weapons are things we should be rotating out of service to be replaced anyway.

You don't have to support Biden to support Ukraine and oppose Russia. In 1942 you didn't have to support FDR to realize that Japan and Germany were a problem, as a matter of fact plenty of people couldn't stand FDR, but opposed Hitler.

Of course the same folks who are raging in support of Russia today would have been at rallies at Madison Square Garden in 39, demanding we stay out of the war, because Germany was just making right on unfair treatment.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Your doing great work man, good to see those guys getting trained up, and your efforts rewarded.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Check out this over-the-top hyperbole: banning Russian-language broadcasts on TV in Latvia is LITERALLY the same thing as Nazi Germany. It leads to Auschwitz!

View Quote

Just prepping for the next invasion…
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
This we agree on....

But when one side keeps pushing the support for Ukraine = support for Biden and we say "sir, that is retarded" and explain, yet they still push it, applying some turnabout is they next best way to argue against that stupid point.

It's not I(we) actually think they support Code Pink, but they set the rules so they should be prepared to live by their own rules.  When they balk when it's turned around on them, it disproves their projection of Ukraine supporters as Biden supporters.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Congrats, Easterner!  You are doing much needed work to get those men ready. Stay safe out there. Thanks for keeping us updated. Which reminds me…

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:33:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#33]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
This we agree on....

But when one side keeps pushing the support for Ukraine = support for Biden and we say "sir, that is retarded" and explain, yet they still push it, applying some turnabout is they next best way to argue against that stupid point.

It's not I(we) actually think they support Code Pink, but they set the rules so they should be prepared to live by their own rules.  When they balk when it's turned around on them, it disproves their projection of Ukraine supporters as Biden supporters.
View Quote

Exactly.

Attachment Attached File

ETA

But sometimes I really do forget I am supposedly on a right leaning gun website and not at a Code Pink protest.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Excellent post. And as was pointed out yesterday I think, all that donated equipment is being replaced by the newest models which is powering up many factory lines in the US. Helping Ukraine is having the double side benefits of boosting YS factory jobs and capacity, and adding much newer equipment to our troops in quantity.

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#35]

My opinion: the State Dept is in full effect, and State is fully under the model of Kissinger's theories of great power politics and realism. State, and hence the NSC and the Administration, believe that Russia is inherently a great power, and under the Kissingerian view must have a sphere of control and interest. In a way, they want Russia to have Ukraine.

Their perception of Russia makes some sense, given Russia is a nuclear power with a large military and a vast natural resource and energy base. But, it also suffers from normalcy bias and fails to recognize that all empires decline and go away given enough time. Neither the US nor Russia will be exceptions to that rule of human history. Russia is in worse shape than the US, with significant population decline, kleptocracy, corruption, and industrial decay. Putin and Russia are still playing from a 20th century techno-industrial script, which is only adding to their decline. Bottom line, it is not necessary to assume that Russia will retain great power status, and therefore deserve that "realist" view of requiring satellite and client states and a protected sphere of interest. Therefore, State's position on Russia is wrong. I would argue that State is wrong most of the time.

Somebody posted a great video about realism in foreign policy in this thread, at least a couple times I think. Please post it again here. Here is an opinion column in The Hill about realism as applied to Ukraine from a year ago.

Note that I'm not denying any of the concepts of realism. What I'm saying is that the nations of the world are never static, and powers rise and fall over time. Yes, Russia is fulfilling realist theories in its actions. But doing so, they are diminishing themselves. I said before I think Russia is on the path to being nothing but a satellite state for China, I've seen nothing to prove me wrong yet, despite Putin, Lavrov, Solovyov, etc crowing about how inherently great Russia is. The Big Idea for Russia to get into their heads is that in the 21st century, Russia at peace with their sovereign neighbors is inherently a far better position to occupy than a greatly diminished Russia that owns Donbas & Crimea, but is a vassal to China and jumps when Xi says "hop."

This is also why my 10-point peace plan is far better for Russia than it appears.
View Quote

This is certainly true, at least to some extent. My theory is that there is something else driving the slow pace of aid that is specifically aimed at helping Ukraine only in a tactical way but not strategic while seeming to help Russia hold their strategic advantages. I'm going with some nefarious corruption theory although your normalcy bias has much more proof than my conspiracy theory.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

There wasn't any Russians in Latvia until after the war.

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Time for a chuckle at Russia’s expense 😁. I had no idea they were converting some jets to their subsurface fleet so soon.

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Excellent plan. There is a lot of classroom and field walks out training that can be done. Communications. Movement. Contact drills. Logistics. Identifying motivated and skilled individuals. Maintenance. Drones. Just tons of non-combat and minimal equipment training could be done. And as was pointed out, start bringing combat vets back from the front to provide critical reality training. How to survive artillery, assaulting.  

View Quote

Almost like an "ROTC" but for adults conscripted "part-time"...can be sped up or slowed down depending on needs and equipment available.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#39]
This is some skilled pilot! Flies the entire length of the warehouse through doorways to reach his target.

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Congrats, Easterner!  You are doing much needed work to get those men ready. Stay safe out there. Thanks for keeping us updated. Which reminds me…

View All Quotes

@RockNwood

Thanks for the donation! We just ran out of carbon remover and gun oil. Those funds will go to more cleaning supplies.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Todays Ukraine is celebrating Defenders Day.

One of many thousands.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4057-2972810.jpg

View Quote
Legend
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Well, the shoe is on the other foot, isn't it?

The thing that is remarkable to me is that I would NEVER have thought that any typical arfcommer (not counting drive-by hacks, trolls, or >2020ers) would share any view with Code Pink. I always thought Code Pink was a standard of being opposite of everything that can be good or right in the world. For any of arfcom to align with Code Pink even on just one issue (besides RKBA) is something I never, ever thought possible. Democrats at large, sure I can share some ideas with some ordinary Democrats. But Code Pink is a subset that I thought was way beyond the pale across the board. This is new ground for me.

And yes, anti-Ukraine folks DO call us Biden supporters, as stupid as that is. I don't support Biden on Ukraine at all, I think he's handled it incredibly badly. Ukraine should already have fully trained F16 crews in country by now with six months worth of missions under their belts.
View Quote

But who would have thought large elements of arfcom would be sympathetic to Russia (Iran and N. Korea)??!! These same fuckers grew up with us cheering against the Russians during the Cold war but now argue they are the good guys now?! As if COVID, 2020, etc were not enough...now conservatives are pro-USSR, and Code Pink pacifists!

The world is too upside down for me. Maybe I can get my Jewish wife to dress like Herman Goering for Halloween...
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

10:10
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Congratulations.

Made me LOL when I remembered getting my E2 stipe. I felt like a Sgt. Major!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:57:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: trapsh00ter99] [#45]

This is certainly true, at least to some extent. My theory is that there is something else driving the slow pace of aid that is specifically aimed at helping Ukraine only in a tactical way but not strategic while seeming to help Russia hold their strategic advantages. I'm going with some nefarious corruption theory although your normalcy bias has much more proof than my conspiracy theory.
View Quote
My theory is, Biden didn't want to help Ukraine at all in the beginning. But he saw both parties were generally united on this (something like 87% support for Ukraine in early days) and he was sitting at under 40% approval rating. He saw support for Ukraine as a political opportunity to boost his numbers.

Fast forward to now and how this has become a decisive partisan political issue (with help from Russian IO at least on some level) and an election coming up, I think the dems think they are in a good position right now with the continued funding issue. They will claim a political victory if funding is continued, but if funding isn't continued, then they will be able to blame the republicans as Ukraine starts to run black on arms and it shows negatively on the battlefields. Every horrific scene coming from Ukraine in the summer of 2024 will be blamed on republicans. As soon as weapons started flowing, it was clear as day that Russia would look to influence the political landscape to try curtail weapons to Ukraine. That is the biggest weapon Russia has wielded the last two year. A nuke can cause $50 billion in damages and kill tens of thousands of people, but employing IO to turn support away from Ukraine also is $50 billion and damages plus will get tens of thousands of Ukrainians killed.

Biden doesn't GAF about Ukraine past "how can I use this to get reelected". That is always the FIRST rule in evaluating why a politician acts why they do. Not money, and not morality; it's how does this help my next election?

This is why I'm so disappointed in the path half the republican party took. While FJB was straddling the fence, their was two options the republicans could have taken. In keeping with tradition, they took the idiotic path.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Good job!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Time for a chuckle at Russia’s expense 😁. I had no idea they were converting some jets to their subsurface fleet so soon.

View Quote

They've had multiple aircraft losses while trying to operate off this thing. Someone said that Kuznetsov could take credit for inflicting the most serious damage the RU naval aviation have suffered since WW2.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7XZQNMWEAAQRCR?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7XaTzbWgAAmIRt?format=jpg&name=900x900

This would be an excellent opportunity to publish an "opposition" article showing how well-supported Ukraine's wounded fighters are.

I actually do feel sorry for those crippled Russian fools; even now, they apparently still believe they are/were fighting to make Ukraine de-Nazified.  Their life has been just an ongoing tapestry of lies from birth till now...and even with the truth written all over their ruined bodies, they're still unable to see it.

Speaking of opportunities- how good an idea would it be to offer these cripples passage to a neutral country, and give them top-notch Western medical treatment with seized Russian assets?... perhaps on the subsequent condition that they renounce their Russian citizenship.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Playing with Bing AI

Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4953 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top