Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4722 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 12:22:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

It happens. I was dragged quite a bit once. My hand was tangled up in the riser so I had trouble disconnecting it. I then watched my roommate getting dragged while totally unconscious with dudes trying to catch him in a full sprint.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By gotigers:

Do they not carry a knife that they can cut the chute loose? Or are they just untrained fodder?

It happens. I was dragged quite a bit once. My hand was tangled up in the riser so I had trouble disconnecting it. I then watched my roommate getting dragged while totally unconscious with dudes trying to catch him in a full sprint.
Forgot to turn my head while I was getting dragged one time after a F-A-H landing and backflip on a tarmac :(. Then I got pinged in the ear extremely hard :#
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 12:23:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TacticalDeletion] [#2]
Double post
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 12:35:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 12:41:19 AM EDT
[#4]
From June. I posted the moment of impact from a Russian source but hadn't seen the rest.
It's rough, but I'm guessing Russians trimmed it so you couldn't see survivors crawling around.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 12:41:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bartholomew_Roberts] [#5]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
For all the "Ukraine is not my problem" folks in GD:  https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/robert-spencer/2023/08/21/putin-ally-when-we-finish-with-ukraine-were-going-into-europe-n1720864

Then again, who knows what Kadyron was smoking when he made that claim...
View Quote

On the one hand, Kadyrov has not traditionally been that stupid.  On the other hand, he's basically been an untouchable semi-deity in Russia for two decades now and that can start to cloud your judgment.  I mean, his top lieutenant murdered a Putin opponent/Russian MP right outside of parliament, and all involved came out roses except the MP.  He's attacked Russian police and freed prisoners at gunpoint.  So, you can see where he might have developed unrealistic expectations.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 12:59:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 1:05:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 1:33:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

@DASJUDEN

I would be curious for your opinion on the a/c to weapons to spares ratio implied by these numbers.

I know export authorizations are an "up to" number, but to me 37 Longbow radars implies maybe 32 radars for flying units (1:3 a/c), with maybe 2/3 for training, and 2/3 spares expected to be awaiting depot-level repair or shipment back to the US, or where ever that work is done.

Does that make sense? Are they going to fly 3-ship platoons? I don't know how the Poles are organized.

They also seem to really love them some APKWS.

View Quote

Assuming they're using standard US force model (from what I know they are, at least that was their plan when talking to their MI-24 guys prior to the purchasing) It looks like they're buying 4 battalions worth of 64's. 2 aircraft per Aerial Weapons Team (AWT) 4 aircraft per platoon, 8 aircraft per company, 24 Aircraft per battalion, my guess would be 3 operational battalions and 1 training battalion. Odd number of Longbow FCR's so my guess is to have working spares on hand. Standard ratio is 1 FCR per platoon so that would cover 24 of them with 13 spares that they'll either keep in reserve or plus up the training battalion aircraft with the spare FCR's as it's one of the harder things (along with flying pure FLIR) for guys transitioning from other airframes to pickup. Odd that they're only buying 460 JAGM and no L model 114's with the amount of radars they have. Additionally APKWS is just a guidance kit for the hydra 70 and not a rocket/warhead combination, think of it like a rocket version of the JDAM kit and the amount makes more sense. Kind of surprised they aren't buying any MPSM rocket cluster munitions to be honest, but I'm sure this isn't the whole buy list and is just the highlights.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 1:37:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Prime:
From June. I posted the moment of impact from a Russian source but hadn't seen the rest.
It's rough, but I'm guessing Russians trimmed it so you couldn't see survivors crawling around.

View Quote

I remember this one. No KIAs.

INSANE UNSEEN POV | HUMVEE HITS AT MINE | UKRAINE WAR | COMBAT FOOTAGE REVIEWS
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 1:54:27 AM EDT
[#10]

I appreciate that, but 1/37 spares for an entire fleet? Maybe Longbow radars are exceptionally reliable, or that seems exceptionally ambitious. That's why I ask?

(nb: I assume there is a whole raft of maintenance and service history from the US Army ever since the LB radar was born, that informs the confidence of all the various orgs to say "we need X many systems for so Y many years assuming Z hours per year of utilization")

Or it's all like War Tunder: just re-spawn some place else and carry on making a Michael Bay movie.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 2:01:37 AM EDT
[#11]

I appreciate that, but 1/37 spares for an entire fleet? Maybe Longbow radars are exceptionally reliable, or that seems exceptionally ambitious. That's why I ask?

(nb: I assume there is a whole raft of maintenance and service history from the US Army ever since the LB radar was born, that informs the confidence of all the various orgs to say "we need X many systems for so Y many years assuming Z hours per year of utilization")

Or it's all like War Tunder: just re-spawn some place else and carry on making a Michael Bay movie.
View Quote

The entire fleet isn't expected to be operationally involved at one time, rotate functional birds with functional radars to the combat units and send them forward. My guess would be 1 Battalion sized element actively involved in combat operations with two in reserves, and the one dedicated training battalion (the birds can be redistributed if necessary.)
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 2:13:45 AM EDT
[#12]
🇲🇩 The Moldovan government launched a forced process of "reintegration" of Transnistria: last week the government introduced a new term "Transnistrian region" .

Thus, Chisinau actually violates the 1992 peace agreement with the Russian Federation, in which the region is designated as Transnistria.

🔻With the downgrading of the status of Transnistria at the level of terminology, the Moldovan authorities are trying to seize the region by introducing economic innovations, which the Transnistria Foreign Ministry calls "tribute".

Now Chisinau introduces double customs control for Pridnestrovian entrepreneurs, and enterprises trading on the foreign market must pay additional taxes to the Moldovan budget. All this makes the export of Transnistria to the EU countries completely dependent on the Moldovan authorities.

In Transnistria, they say that such measures violate the principles of free trade and international agreements in the framework of the negotiation process, which Chisinau has recently sabotaged.

The Transnistria believes that such a situation became possible "with the complete connivance and passivity of the mediators, primarily the OSCE."

Transnistria calls on Russia for closer economic cooperation, as Chisinau is increasingly resorting to blackmail, including blocking the supply of vital goods and medicines to the Transnistria.

📌 It is significant that such measures were introduced immediately after the expulsion of some Russian diplomats from Chisinau. As we noted earlier, the reduction of the Russian diplomatic corps in Moldova will seriously hit the Transnistria.
#Moldova Transnistria

https://t.me/rybar_in_english/5698

🇬🇧🌍💀 The head of Wagner PMC Yevgeny Prigozhin made a video message from Africa and announced the resumption of the recruitment of people for combat operations on the black continent.

According to him, the PMC will continue to carry out its tasks in order, quote, "to make Russia even greater."

▪️Given the fact that the recent coup in Niger was carried out in close cooperation between Russian special services and PMC consultants, it was extremely reckless to talk about any severing of ties or the withdrawal of PMCs from the Russian field.

▪️As a result of the rebellion, one of the problems was solved: Prigozhin and Shoigu were separated into different theaters of operations in order to reduce crossings to a minimum.

▪️As a result, PMCs, as Prigozhin had promised back in May (a month and a half before the rebellion), by August went through a reorganization and focused on fulfilling new tasks.

🔻At the moment, PMC forces maintain an active presence in the Central African Republic and Mali. In Sudan, the mission is minimal, in Libya there is also a limited contingent, and in Burkina Faso active activity is just unfolding.

So the video was most likely recorded in Mali. And given the general direction of the actions of PMCs, the Wagners will most likely focus on restoring order in the area of ​​\u200b\u200bthree borders (Mali, Niger and Burkina Faso). There are agreements with local authorities, the green light - either officially or semi-officially - has been received.
#Africa #Russia #PMCs
@rybar

https://t.me/rybar/51007

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 2:18:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Mariupol Mayoral advisor Andryushchenko-

🪖We fix the value of the increase of Russians in the territory of the Mariupol district to plus 5 thousand. Most of it is for additional staffing and coordination. The Caucasus again.
➡️In addition, Nikolsky district continues defense militarization. Along the line Nikolske - Novogrigoryivka-Boyove using the Fedorivsky forest.
➡️Powerful movement of trucks from BC towards Berdyansk.
📢The use of a new marking mark for military equipment has been recorded. This time White Rhombus.

https://t.me/andriyshTime/12806

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 2:28:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TacticalDeletion:
Forgot to turn my head while I was getting dragged one time after a F-A-H landing and backflip on a tarmac :(. Then I got pinged in the ear extremely hard :#
View Quote

Translation for the normies (with beggings of forgiveness since it has been so long now):

The shoulder harness release is a "pinch-pull...insert thumb...LOOK AWAY... and yank" kind of release. It's like a belt buckle as a cover, which is over a wire loop, where you want to stick you thumb. The risers are under tension from the wind, so the buckle you release is going to fly wherever the fuck it wants, so you had best look AWAY from the pulling side, before pulling!

Catching belt buckle in the mouth or eyeball is bad for private; does private understand?!

Basically, it's all this mechanical strength that doesn't let loose UNLESS YOU FUCK WITH IT, which is why JM's practically give you a clothed proctology exam, to make sure you didn't fuck it up.

So yes, relatively speaking, any retard can fall out of an airplane (static line), but it is still not to be taken lightly (at least if you are the poor bastard who cares for his own health and safety).

[the preceding post is not a dig on anybody who ever dared so greatly as to fall out of an airplane 20-30 years ago, but let's all be real about just how simple or difficult that really was; I was not referring to the edge cases where somebody had a cigarette roll or a towed jumper, in which case, I will happily buy the beer since you are alive to still talk about it]

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 2:52:55 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

THIS IS WHY HMMWV SUCK!

This dude was obviously sitting in the back right, under the "trunk" hatch, which is WAY less armored than the crew cell, which is inside the main 4-5 seats (driver, VC, LRear, maybe gunner, and RRear).

Why was he back there? Why were 1-2+ guys crammed back there!?

Because the dismount ratio of humvees is GARBAGE.

You mil guys already know this, but you need 1 guy on the gun, 1 guy driving the damn thing, and 1 guy for C2 (if they can manage).

So a humvee is a worthless piece of shit, because you only get 2 dismounts to actually, you know, do anything outside the vehicle. Oh, maybe 3 if the VC is feeling especially Audie Murphy that day (but changing radios is near like a suicide wish, so why would you)?

FML.

"NO MORE TASK FORCE SMITHS". YFR.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 2:58:56 AM EDT
[#16]
People citing Douglas Macgregor as an authority because he's "been right from the start"

Just...   Yeah.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 3:24:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DASJUDEN:

Assuming they're using standard US force model (from what I know they are, at least that was their plan when talking to their MI-24 guys prior to the purchasing) It looks like they're buying 4 battalions worth of 64's. 2 aircraft per Aerial Weapons Team (AWT) 4 aircraft per platoon, 8 aircraft per company, 24 Aircraft per battalion, my guess would be 3 operational battalions and 1 training battalion. Odd number of Longbow FCR's so my guess is to have working spares on hand. Standard ratio is 1 FCR per platoon so that would cover 24 of them with 13 spares that they'll either keep in reserve or plus up the training battalion aircraft with the spare FCR's as it's one of the harder things (along with flying pure FLIR) for guys transitioning from other airframes to pickup. Odd that they're only buying 460 JAGM and no L model 114's with the amount of radars they have. Additionally APKWS is just a guidance kit for the hydra 70 and not a rocket/warhead combination, think of it like a rocket version of the JDAM kit and the amount makes more sense. Kind of surprised they aren't buying any MPSM rocket cluster munitions to be honest, but I'm sure this isn't the whole buy list and is just the highlights.
View Quote

@DASJUDEN appreciate your insights; even at 1:4 a/c per FCR, this makes sense, although I think 13 spares seems to me high (doesn't the OEM believe in their product?!).

Sorry, but just what is the MPSM? I thought the latest hotness was the APKWS for 2.75 rockets? I wasn't aware of a cluster option in the 2.75in/70mm.

"You had made me at..."
Negotiation Stage I Django Unchained

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 3:35:10 AM EDT
[#18]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vVjHqXkAAVBo_?format=png&name=900x900

View Quote

This shit is making me mad.  

NATO knew this too.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 3:45:05 AM EDT
[#19]

@DASJUDEN appreciate your insights; even at 1:4 a/c per FCR, this makes sense, although I think 13 spares seems to me high (doesn't the OEM believe in their product?!).

Sorry, but just what is the MPSM? I thought the latest hotness was the APKWS for 2.75 rockets? I wasn't aware of a cluster option in the 2.75in/70mm.

"You had made me at..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwnswVxSccA
View Quote

I don't think they'll keep the 13 FCR's as spares. Most likely they'll plus up certain units (most likely their training birds) with more FCR's. They'll probably keep one off the birds entirely and use it as a hands on example at wherever their school house for Apaches happens to be to train their armament maintainers/maintenance pilots.

As to the MPSM, it's a payload rocket that detonates at a point in space prior to reaching the target and releases 9 anti-armor/personnel bomblets. The base of each bomblet is an EFP shape charge and the exterior is a frag casing. I've got no first hand experience with the real thing because for some reason higher cares about things like "dud rates" and "collateral damage" but from what I've been told by guys that shot them during the first gulf war they work exceptionally well.

Hope that all makes sense. I understand it might not be the most coherent as I've been pulling 16+hour days non stop since August 1st for aerial gunnery. Being one of the few guys that can grade other people has its drawbacks, but on the plus side I get to shit talk pretty much everybody up to and including my Brigade Commander for not being able to shoot as well as I can in the bird.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 3:46:29 AM EDT
[#20]
47th Brigade's FB.
Evacuating villagers from Robotyne.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=247021654374014
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 3:48:23 AM EDT
[#21]

The entire fleet isn't expected to be operationally involved at one time, rotate functional birds with functional radars to the combat units and send them forward. My guess would be 1 Battalion sized element actively involved in combat operations with two in reserves, and the one dedicated training battalion (the birds can be redistributed if necessary.)
View Quote

That's a great point, as always; 1 Bn fights, 1 Bn resets, and 1 Bn trains (hypothetically).
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 4:10:35 AM EDT
[#22]

I don't think they'll keep the 13 FCR's as spares. Most likely they'll plus up certain units (most likely their training birds) with more FCR's. They'll probably keep one off the birds entirely and use it as a hands on example at wherever their school house for Apaches happens to be to train their armament maintainers/maintenance pilots.

As to the MPSM, it's a payload rocket that detonates at a point in space prior to reaching the target and releases 9 anti-armor/personnel bomblets. The base of each bomblet is an EFP shape charge and the exterior is a frag casing. I've got no first hand experience with the real thing because for some reason higher cares about things like "dud rates" and "collateral damage" but from what I've been told by guys that shot them during the first gulf war they work exceptionally well.

Hope that all makes sense. I understand it might not be the most coherent as I've been pulling 16+hour days non stop since August 1st for aerial gunnery. Being one of the few guys that can grade other people has its drawbacks, but on the plus side I get to shit talk pretty much everybody up to and including my Brigade Commander for not being able to shoot as well as I can in the bird.
View Quote

Fair enough. Grade them HARD. "AMMUNITION IS CHEAP, BUT LIFE IS EXPENSIVE"!!!

(I'm sorry it falls on you/your frens that the highest standards arrive unexpectedly...but there is always malicious compliance...and sometimes the scores arrive on the next Bn or Bde Commander....so let's see who dances to a happy tune when the music arrives!!!)

MAKE THEM WORK FOR THEIR MONEY!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 4:29:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 4:32:53 AM EDT
[#24]

That is a shitload of trucks, artillery, and afvs
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:14:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PMB1086] [#25]

Pretty good sized blast in video, doesn't show much otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:46:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#27]

30 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:47:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote
That house has seen better days.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:54:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#29]
This is what I suspect could be a future long range strike option with the Ukrainian F-16's and older non extended range JASSM cruise missiles.

We might be giving up some of the old JASSM 370km range missiles to Ukraine for the F-16's to use for long range strike, down the road yet.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2023/08/21/ukraine-is-getting-f-16s-now-it-needs-cruise-missiles/?sh=36d7e0941515

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
At first it looked like he drove over his own man laying in the road when he took off driving forward.
Only when he backed up did I see he missed him by mear inches.
He sure lit up those buildings.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#32]
The advantage of this is when the bombers launch from further away, Ukrainian air defense gets more time to prepare.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:07:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#33]
Originally Posted By kncook:

On that subject….a “subject matter expert”

View Quote

It's hilarious that you're arrogant enough to believe you know more than two veteran fighter pilots, an AWACS commander, and a C2 commander.

You ignore professional opinion and facts when they don't align with your views.

But I'm sure the fact that you've read something on Twitter makes you more qualified on the subject.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:10:20 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Doolittle's raid succeeded beyond anyone's expectations, and two follow-up raids were planned; however, a combination of many factors (lack of available carriers, requirements for North Africa and Europe as well as diversion of resources to the Solomon Islands and New Guinea campaigns) caused the follow-up raids to be cancelled and replaced by a plan to base heavy bombers in China. which took nearly two years to implement and was not very successful due to prevailing wind issues and the near-impossibility of logistic support.
View Quote

and a whhhhhole lot of chinese -- possibly over 200K -- were killed as a result.  that may have had something to do with it also.   was the juice worth the squeeze.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:29:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#36]
Originally Posted By FoxValleyTacDriver:

It's hilarious that you're arrogant enough to believe you know more than two veteran fighter pilots, an AWACS commander, and a C2 commander.

You ignore professional opinion and facts when they don't align with your views.

But I'm sure the fact that you've read something on Twitter makes you more qualified on the subject.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

On that subject….a “subject matter expert”

I knew someone wouldn’t be able to help themselves by white-knighting and falsely making that assumption. Stating his words aren’t 1000% fact enrages those that latched on to him once it became apparent he held thinly veiled bias on what was happening (I’m biased too!) politically in this war.

You can go back and read the exchange in that thread.. I’ve interacted with him once on ArFCOM ever and we agreed about everything up until the point of one mistaken statement he made.

Read what i said above again, then read it again, then read it a 3rd time.

Then go find my interaction with the one guys statement i responded to. Once you’ve found his statement about F16s not being able to effectively implement JDAMS at the front read his response when told the opposite was actually verifiably happening with SU24. His response when informed was “Well I dont watch the news”. You telling me a guy can’t be challenged on something he’s wrong about?

Having “SME” in quotations has nothing to do with his previous experience. It has everything to do with his shared opinion about current implementation that is factually contradicted at times…..with the defense saying he doesn’t follow what’s even going on.

Now tell me any other situation I questioned his “expertise” (a grave sin it appears).

Brother had to use the “well i don't watch the news”. He’s a SME in a related area. Not in everything that comes out of his mouth and I’m SURE he will tell you that as well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#37]

THIS IS WHY HMMWV SUCK!

This dude was obviously sitting in the back right, under the "trunk" hatch, which is WAY less armored than the crew cell, which is inside the main 4-5 seats (driver, VC, LRear, maybe gunner, and RRear).

Why was he back there? Why were 1-2+ guys crammed back there!?

Because the dismount ratio of humvees is GARBAGE.

View Quote

yes but to be fair -- they were never really designed to be infantry assault vehicles.  but they are clearly being adapted to that role out of necessity.

its what we always see -- a light fast cheap maneuverable vehicle (or piece of gear) which is awesome at tasks a, b, and c.  we have a lot of them and eventually they get pushed to do tasks d, e, f, g etc...  
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Chronicle of military activity on the territory of Belarus for August 21

🛩 Air activity

▪️Not fixed.

🚂 Train activity

▪️Not fixed.

🚛 Moving on roads

▪️ No movements of equipment of the RF Armed Forces were recorded.

▪️Joint exercises of mercenaries of PMC "Wagner" and OMON RB are taking place in the Molodechno region.

▪️A large convoy with equipment of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus (10+ units) was spotted on the M1 highway (Stolbtsy - Baranovichi). Single cars and small columns were also seen in Minsk and on certain sections of the P43, P53 highways.

💪 The general conclusion on the current situation, made in the chronicle for August 6, remains relevant.

Changes in the number of groups of the RF Armed Forces and PMC "Wagner" in the Republic of Belarus: no data.

Online map of military activity

https://t.me/Hajun_BY/7257

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#40]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F4Ia1zlXsAADcWa?format=jpg&name=small

30 minutes ago.

View Quote

Hot damn, that’s almost all of Robotyne. That’s a significant development.

That has been a high-intensity fight, I’m looking forward to reading about the details someday.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#41]
To indirectly respond to some inquiries in this thread, including from Жуков, why so many support the Russian Federation's narrative or stay neutral in this whole conflict,  at best, I submit it's because most of these people find the conflict highly abstract. It's just some numbers, somewhere. A statistic without a solid connection to reality.    They view this thread a form of entertainment. Remote control (or mouse) in the right hand, beer bottle in the left.  X number of tanks there, Y number of drones here.
But people are dying.

What would put a human face on this whole colossal  catastrophe is a documentation of the human loses in the most graphic way possible.  Just 2 days ago, an attack on Chernigov. Civilians killed - again. Some woman, laying dead next to  a car. Supposedly a 23-day old infant among the victims.  There is just a single post here on the matter to the best of my knowledge (Maybe I missed a follow-up). These attacks have no military, no strategic significance, just acts of pure terrorism.

Civilians got killed yesterday, today and you can be certain they will die tomorrow. No one knows where - but someone, somewhere in Ukraine will randomly die under Kinzhals and other missile or drone contraptions.  There is no doubt about that whatsoever.  Yet some of us debate dollars and foreign aid other pragmatic issues. I am just appalled at the degree of indifference.  It's an attack on the Western Civilization itself.  Russia does not bring any peace, or liberation, or spirituality, or anything good at all.  Kremlin just wants Soviet Union 2.0 - at any price.

I submit if US got invaded by a coalition of China, Russia and other partners (I know it's fantasy but hypothetically), these Kremlin lovers would be the first one to collaborate with the new regime. That's the easy way out, isn't? Savings lives is expensive, costly in all ways.

I also submit, with all due respect, moderation of this thread is partly to blame for the pro-Russian sentiment. Graphic images are sanitized, those who post them are spanked. Okay. You can't have it both ways.  Asking for the understanding of the process (i.e. not take an active pro-Kremlin side and articulate it here) yet withholding information that actually leads to understanding the process, the reality of this. It's not just a military conflict but a humanitarian disaster of Biblical dimensions. Figuratively speaking it's fire and flood and starvation with all the grain targeted, it's genocide.  They (Ukraine) will remember this for for the next millennium.

I do get the parameters of this forum, it has to be SFW, I get that. But if I think some of  the Kremlin sympathizers - those who are not paid agents - would develop a different attitude if they actually visited the premises touched by Russian peace or at the very least saw unfiltered footage.  Unless they are total sociopaths with inability to generate any empathy for a victim.  That's why people migrate to telegram channels, for the latest-greatest-uncensored stuff.  Not that this thread is useless, it's just it doesn't really reach people on an emotional level, I think.  It's all tactics and strategy and numbers and maps and stuff.
As usual - Слава Украине

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

The cavalry arriving!
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#43]

Translation for the normies (with beggings of forgiveness since it has been so long now):

The shoulder harness release is a "pinch-pull...insert thumb...LOOK AWAY... and yank" kind of release. It's like a belt buckle as a cover, which is over a wire loop, where you want to stick you thumb. The risers are under tension from the wind, so the buckle you release is going to fly wherever the fuck it wants, so you had best look AWAY from the pulling side, before pulling!

Catching belt buckle in the mouth or eyeball is bad for private; does private understand?!

Basically, it's all this mechanical strength that doesn't let loose UNLESS YOU FUCK WITH IT, which is why JM's practically give you a clothed proctology exam, to make sure you didn't fuck it up.

So yes, relatively speaking, any retard can fall out of an airplane (static line), but it is still not to be taken lightly (at least if you are the poor bastard who cares for his own health and safety).

[the preceding post is not a dig on anybody who ever dared so greatly as to fall out of an airplane 20-30 years ago, but let's all be real about just how simple or difficult that really was; I was not referring to the edge cases where somebody had a cigarette roll or a towed jumper, in which case, I will happily buy the beer since you are alive to still talk about it]

View Quote

Yeah, the falling out was the easy part. Actually getting sucked out from a C141 .vs a C130. Although avoiding spinning out of the door is a plus (to avoid the cig. roll or tow jumper, etc).

Getting control of the chute, orientating yourself by trying to determine wind direction and trying to steer into it to slow descent, lowering your ruck (you DO NOT want to land with a loaded down ruck strapped to you), trying to find a clear place to land and steering towards it (yeah good luck) and doing a decent parachute landing fall, is 90% of it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Guys, everyone we promised will receive everything. almost everything is ready.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

I wasnt part of that conversation but I will add that being an SME on US equipment AS USED BY THE US MIL. doesnt always make you an SME on how Ukraine would or should do things.

We have heard lots of pants on head expert opinions from folks that knew US or Russian manuals inside and out yet have 0.00 minutes of experience in Ukraine or actual peer conflicts.

I have 20 years in US law enforcement but would make a total ass of myself telling Ukrainian police how to use US tools and tactics in Ukraine.

They are NOT illiterate goat herders and have 87K times more experience fighting Russians than all US expert combined.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

yes but to be fair -- they were never really designed to be infantry assault vehicles.  but they are clearly being adapted to that role out of necessity.

its what we always see -- a light fast cheap maneuverable vehicle (or piece of gear) which is awesome at tasks a, b, and c.  we have a lot of them and eventually they get pushed to do tasks d, e, f, g etc...  
View Quote

I wonder if we will see a new vehicle solution developed. Something better than a HMMV but not quite a Bradley.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

The video was complete with requisite "stupid stunts" that you've come to expect from Russian forces.  Not back flips and shovel tossing this time, but a human pyramid instead.
View Quote

They must recruit male cheerleaders to do the human pyramid stuff. My now grown daughter was a high school cheerleader and she used to do those kind of stunts.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
That house has seen better days.

View Quote

I get sad every day seeing all the homes and farms destroyed, the countryside ravaged with wildlife killed and displaced. People's lives forever changed if they survive. Some will meet their maker from this war for decades after it's end from all the mines and shells.
Some days I wish it was possible to take a break from the human race, and where it seems it is heading.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#49]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3_Uh5uXoAEb93U?format=png&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3_Uh5vXoAA59Z7?format=png&name=small
View Quote

I told yall something seemed off about that video. For one, its russia, so its best to assume they're not truthful. So when you see something that doesn't look right, its usually some sort of typical russian BS
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Brutal. 11 artillery pieces, 17 tanks, over 20 other armored vehicles, a Tu-22M3, some special equipment and several drones and trucks destroyed by the Ukrainians, in exchange for the loss of 1 artillery piece, 3 tanks, about 10 other armored vehicles and some special equipment. Russia is definitely coming out on the worse end of the attrition scale. I don't want to belabor the point, but that's genuinely shocking, given the defenses the Russians have constructed and how the UAF has been forced to advance.
View Quote

Its 3/1 in favor of Ukraine in total equipment and 4/1 on losses

2/1 on planes.
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4722 of 5589)
Top Top