Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4013 of 5585)
Page / 5585
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:12:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Nope.

Looks like UAF kills. Got their EW Mi-8s and latest SU fighters.’
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 74HC:

Send them our "conservative" FSA, Antifa, and BLM types.
View Quote

Send them half of ARFCOM. Judging by the posts here, they would love to live in Russia. That is a true conservative Mecca.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Hopefully every pilot and crew member was killed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Something new has been added.

There’s footage of the SU-35 coming down, and it looks like it’s missing its nose.  Hard to tell though.  The footage of one heli shows it was a fireball all the way down.
Waiting expectantly to see if Russia rises to the bait and throws another LR PGM tantrum in retaliation.  Make sure to launch everything this time, Putin.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Nope.

Looks like UAF kills. Got their EW Mi-8s and latest SU fighters.'
View Quote
It was funny so I posted it
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

They should name it "Tuckerville".
View Quote

Tuckergrad
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#7]
You only need a crew of 3 on an EW chopper?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:18:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#8]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
That would be funny
View Quote

When I was cleaning out our armory I found 105mm bore sight kits.

We haven’t had m1 tanks since the early 2000s
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#10]

There is video of one of the helicopters getting hit. It’s not as big an explosion as I’d believe a Patriot missile would be but looked bigger than any of the Stinger/Igla hits I’ve seen. It would be fun to think a Mig or SU27 shot it down but I am thinking they pushed a NASAMS super close and hit it with a AIM-120 from the ground.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:

Probably just Patriot stretching its legs a little bit, but if the brits are handing out Storm Shadows, it isn't much of a stretch to imagine them giving Meteor as well.   I lean more towards Patriot though because even if those Polish MiG-29s can fire Meteor, the radars on those MiGs are probably insufficient to make full use of it unless they can shoot off link data from the Patriot radar.  Or maybe a Mk70 Expeditionary Launcher?  Four Mk41 VLS cells on a 40' shipping container, four SM6 missiles, four kills?  I can dream, right?

There is video of one of the helicopters getting hit. It’s not as big an explosion as I’d believe a Patriot missile would be but looked bigger than any of the Stinger/Igla hits I’ve seen. It would be fun to think a Mig or SU27 shot it down but I am thinking they pushed a NASAMS super close and hit it with a AIM-120 from the ground.

Ukraine has been willing to run high-risk/high-reward ops like this before.  Back in June 22 they ran HIMARS right into a frontline town to get to a big depot in the rear.
It wouldn’t be smart to keep them there, but yeah I can see Ukraine running a SAM ambush/SAMBUSH.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Oh shit!!

“According to an army source based in Klintsy, one of the helicopters was carrying officers from two artillery brigades and inspectors from the group headquarters who were flying to inspect the location of artillery units. There is no confirmation of this information yet.”
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:24:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#12]
Originally Posted By Capta:

There’s footage of the SU-35 coming down, and it looks like it’s missing its nose.  Hard to tell though.  The footage of one heli shows it was a fireball all the way down.
Waiting expectantly to see if Russia rises to the bait and throws another LR PGM tantrum in retaliation.  Make sure to launch everything this time, Putin.
View All Quotes

Russian reports stated that the Chopper crews and the SU-34 crew are all dead. That’s great as rumors are the MI-8s were electronic warfare versions with highly trained crew. They said “no word” on the SU-35 “air superiority” fighter crew.

Killing crew members in their latest Gen aircraft is worth more than the aircraft itself.

These aren’t SU25 and SU24 vodka fueled fat guys….as much.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#13]

My guess is there's some accounting trickery with regards to NATO spending commitments that is one of the motivators.  Perhaps double counting value? As in counting the value against commitment when they put those into service originally, then counting that same value again when donating to Ukraine?

We'll see when NATO commitment spending comes out in a couple of years.  I suspect we'll see a dramatic spike.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Maybe Germany is moving some of their commies out of the way? This looks substantial!

My guess is there's some accounting trickery with regards to NATO spending commitments that is one of the motivators.  Perhaps double counting value? As in counting the value against commitment when they put those into service originally, then counting that same value again when donating to Ukraine?

We'll see when NATO commitment spending comes out in a couple of years.  I suspect we'll see a dramatic spike.

is there anything in the reporting to say that accounting trickery is a motivation?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Ukraine has been willing to run high-risk/high-reward ops like this before.  Back in June 22 they ran HIMARS right into a frontline town to get to a big depot in the rear.
It wouldn’t be smart to keep them there, but yeah I can see Ukraine running a SAM ambush/SAMBUSH.
View Quote

They may also have done this to make the Russians reluctant to bring air into Ukraine for CAS when the counteroffensive starts. Ukraine is already taking out large numbers of Russian artillery pieces. Now with HIMARS and Storm Shadow, they will be able to interdict and destroy Russian supplies all the way back to the border. And with robust air defenses now in place, they can make the Russians afraid to get closer to the border than about 50 miles. Obviously, they can't do CAS or interdiction from that far back. Ukraine is basically taking away Russian artillery and air. Without that, the Russians will not be able to effectively attack or defend.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
Whenever Russia receives a particularly humiliating black eye, they usually lash out in a day or two with a big missile/drone barrage.

It would be awesome if this event lures out some of the black sea fleet so they can hit them with storm shadows.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Wow! If the latest reports are accurate, the Russians have lost FOUR combat aircraft in the same action over RUSSIAN soil.

2x Mi-8 Hip helicopters
1x Su-34 Fullback strike fighter
1x Su-35 air dominance fighter (doesn't look very dominant, does it?)

If there was a ever a clue to the dumb fuck Russians that they are truly fucked and should immediately announce an end to the SMO, this would be it!
Whenever Russia receives a particularly humiliating black eye, they usually lash out in a day or two with a big missile/drone barrage.

It would be awesome if this event lures out some of the black sea fleet so they can hit them with storm shadows.

That would be spectacular. We can hope.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:42:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#16]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#17]

That's a lot of artillery and logistics vehicles to schwack in a day. Somebody been busy somewhere (or maybe everywhere)
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#18]

There's footage of the SU-35 coming down, and it looks like it's missing its nose.  Hard to tell though.  The footage of one heli shows it was a fireball all the way down.
View Quote
Might be provoking them to do just that. Except this time shit ends differently.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:59:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#19]

They may also have done this to make the Russians reluctant to bring air into Ukraine for CAS when the counteroffensive starts. Ukraine is already taking out large numbers of Russian artillery pieces. Now with HIMARS and Storm Shadow, they will be able to interdict and destroy Russian supplies all the way back to the border. And with robust air defenses now in place, they can make the Russians afraid to get closer to the border than about 50 miles. Obviously, they can't do CAS or interdiction from that far back. Ukraine is basically taking away Russian artillery and air. Without that, the Russians will not be able to effectively attack or defend.
View All Quotes

It seems likely this was a planned op to maximize losses, but IMO the main targets were probably the ELINT M-8s.  They’re a scarce assent and out of the 18 they have, probably not all are in service.  It’s a big loss which will force remaining ELINT assets to stay further away, thus limiting their jamming and eavesdropping via the inverse square law.
And that’s if it was a NASAMS ambush.  If Migs are shooting ER AMRAAMS, all bets are off.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

When I was cleaning out our armory I found 105mm bore sight kits.

We haven't had m1 tanks since the early 2000s
View Quote
No but the Strykers did
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:00:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#21]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Dutch news visits the referb location of the M113s

Some 200 have already been sent, these are that are being overhauled and armed to be put on transport to Ukraine.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/video/1353562757/deze-pantservoertuigen-gaan-naar-oekraine-wat-een-snelheid

Dunno about the US but the Dutch armed forces ran them with different types of weapons mounted.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/211087/Webopname_13-5-2023_174457_www_orbat85_n-2815300.jpg
View Quote

That thing looks surprisingly like a Sherman.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Some 200 have already been sent, these are that are being overhauled and armed to be put on transport to Ukraine.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/video/1353562757/deze-pantservoertuigen-gaan-naar-oekraine-wat-een-snelheid

Dunno about the US but the Dutch armed forces ran them with different types of weapons mounted.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/211087/Webopname_13-5-2023_174457_www_orbat85_n-2815300.jpg
View Quote
The M113 has far out preformed my expectations in this fight.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:02:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#23]

There's footage of the SU-35 coming down, and it looks like it's missing its nose.  Hard to tell though.  The footage of one heli shows it was a fireball all the way down.
View Quote

ETA: Links fixed. Arfcom needs to do something about Tweets not embedding

Here:
https://twitter.com/nevedimka123/status/1657405417389998080

Also a Mi-8 being hit:
https://twitter.com/nevedimka123/status/1657405658076000256

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

That's a lot of artillery and logistics vehicles to schwack in a day. Somebody been busy somewhere (or maybe everywhere)
View Quote

I've been looking at claimed artillery losses of the Russians since January. It's a big number. Ukraine is very much focused on this. Average day is 10 artillery units a day. This is a big deal.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Important from Serhiy Flash

I would like to add that I learned something important from the research of colleagues and friends about the Lancet:

1. The lancet always works under the control of the second UAV, which guides it to the target. It is either Orlan or Zala.

2. Lancet is controlled only "from the ground" up to 25 km!!! range, no repeater was spotted on Orlan.

3. Colleagues say that a 100-150 watt EW dome will cover a 3-kilometer range.

I think no more than one and a half km. Although here everything depends on the gain and type of antenna.

The photo shows the spectrum of Lancet and Zala. They work in pairs, they have one manufacturer and the spectrum is the same. Remember, I told you that the sign of the Lancet is the sharp horns on the edges of the signal?

Frequencies 868-870 and 902-928 MHz.

Another important observation from the fronts.

The Lancet does not have navigation module protection like the Orlan. Therefore, before launching the Lancet, the podars turn off their EW on GPS frequencies so as not to interfere with the Lancet.

This outage could be an important signal for us!

A small range analyzer will notice this too. On 1575 MHz there was a round-the-clock interference of katsaps and suddenly disappeared.

ALARM!

The drones didn't see the GPS and suddenly they did. So we are waiting for Lancet.

Spread this information.
It is important!

American infantryman

https://t.me/usinfantryman1/14049

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Have I posted this yet ?

“I stepped on a Russian mine” - Brandon Mitchell shares his insane story | Artur Rehi Podcast 017

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CS223:
Might be provoking them to do just that. Except this time shit ends differently.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:

It doesn’t have to per se - meaning that the goal isn’t a 100% interception flawless victory.  Though that would be nice.
IMO it’s likely that the unspoken goal is to soak up and dissipate the Russian conventional threat to Europe.  Once Russia is down to “rate of launch = rate of production” their conventional LR PGM threat to Europe (and Ukraine) is over.
The fact that Russia has taken the bait so many times points to poor, personality-driven decision-making.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

They're putting autocannons on M113s? That's pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:12:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: johnh57] [#29]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Oh shit!!

“According to an army source based in Klintsy, one of the helicopters was carrying officers from two artillery brigades and inspectors from the group headquarters who were flying to inspect the location of artillery units. There is no confirmation of this information yet.”

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/B926BC70-2451-4EC1-A889-3A3C070B9F9D-404.gif

The problem with taking out senior russ officers is that they seem to be stupid and stuck in ww2 tactics.  Taking them out and letting younger, more modern thinking, leaders in may cause problems.

Otoh, a dead Russian is a dead Russian, so there is that.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:13:43 PM EDT
[#30]

The single typo to "prove you aren't a bot" thing is getting out of hand.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

They're putting autocannons on M113s? That's pretty sweet.
View Quote
The 113 is a magic box. You never know what is going to be put on it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Russian TG

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#33]
This has to be a result of Ukrainian action. The Russians are retarded, but I don't think they're retarded enough to shoot down four (possibly five) of their own aircraft in a single day. I'm honestly hoping that this was the work of AIM-120s, because if that's the case, it implies that a reverse in US policy that Western weapons shouldn't be used to strike targets on Russian territory.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:22:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#34]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Exactly one year ago, on May 13, decks of cards were presented: "Beat Racism" and "War Criminals of the Russian Federation" from InformNapalm.
It was a separate initiative of the volunteers of the InformNapalm team, which was implemented with the support of the military leadership of Ukraine.

Anyone who is interested in the topic of these collectible decks and current information on the possibility of ordering a civilian deck (because the military version is not sold), can contact the direct link of the special MostWanted page.

@informnapalm

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes

There have been quite a few articles that the 113 is very well liked in Ukrainian service, and in particular is doing yeoman work as an ambulance and resupply vehicle.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Important from Serhiy Flash

I would like to add that I learned something important from the research of colleagues and friends about the Lancet:

1. The lancet always works under the control of the second UAV, which guides it to the target. It is either Orlan or Zala.

2. Lancet is controlled only "from the ground" up to 25 km!!! range, no repeater was spotted on Orlan.

3. Colleagues say that a 100-150 watt EW dome will cover a 3-kilometer range.

I think no more than one and a half km. Although here everything depends on the gain and type of antenna.

The photo shows the spectrum of Lancet and Zala. They work in pairs, they have one manufacturer and the spectrum is the same. Remember, I told you that the sign of the Lancet is the sharp horns on the edges of the signal?

Frequencies 868-870 and 902-928 MHz.

Another important observation from the fronts.

The Lancet does not have navigation module protection like the Orlan. Therefore, before launching the Lancet, the podars turn off their EW on GPS frequencies so as not to interfere with the Lancet.

This outage could be an important signal for us!

A small range analyzer will notice this too. On 1575 MHz there was a round-the-clock interference of katsaps and suddenly disappeared.

ALARM!

The drones didn't see the GPS and suddenly they did. So we are waiting for Lancet.

Spread this information.
It is important!

American infantryman

https://t.me/usinfantryman1/14049

View Quote

The 902-928 is the US ISM unlicensed band that most everybody uses for drone c2 commercially here in the states. I think 860-878 is also ISM band in certain countries. Interesting they're not using some bands specific to their military. Maybe that says they're having to buy COTS gear for their .mil hardware items, probably from the Chinese.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#39]

There have been quite a few articles that the 113 is very well liked in Ukrainian service, and in particular is doing yeoman work as an ambulance and resupply vehicle.
View Quote

You can cram a shitload of stuff in an m113.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
Well yeah its a track that isn't a MT-LB or a BMP. It has room to comfortably put whatever in. Looking at the roads its easy to chose a track to get to and from wherever.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Four Shaheds got through in Khmelnitsky last night and got something very splodey.

Video from what appears to be city TG Channel.
https://t.me/ragnarockkyiv/50808
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:34:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Gooch] [#42]

Dutch ran them with 'pop-up' dual TOW launchers as well. Minni tank/IFV for minni country I guess

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/211087/a8k2uo2g-2815349.png
View Quote
The so-called "WALL-E" from War Thunder.
WALL-E BUT HE'S CURSED WITH MISSILES - M901 in War Thunder - OddBawZ
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:49:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#43]
This is a remix of the 3rd Assault rout of Wagner and the 72nd, with additional footage.
This is one of the missions that will make legendary documentary footage someday.

The offensive of the Third Assault, or how the 72nd brigade of the Russian Federation fled from Bakhmut 🇺🇦 (Teaser)
This video was shot on GoPro cameras of soldiers during the offensive actions of the Third Separate Assault Brigade on the South-Western outskirts of Bakhmut🇺🇦
Ukrainian positions were located here when they were captured🔽

Even bigger version

?????? ??????? ????????? ??? ?? 72 ??????? ?? «??????» ?-??? ??????? | ?????
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_0787-2815055.jpg

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tumblr_lka9rhi8aT1qadbq2o1_400_GIF-121.gif
View Quote

“Welcome, comrade!  Here’s a slightly dented rusty bloody AK47 and 5 rounds of ammo as gift.”

“Oh cool!”

“And for you uniform.  Babushka will fix and clean blood and bullet holes later.”

“Oh umm…”

“And here come bus to Mariupol.  Get in!”
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#45]
The so-called "WALL-E" from War Thunder. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz2lDu0WUfY
View All Quotes

Dutch ran them with 'pop-up' dual TOW launchers as well. Minni tank/IFV for minni country I guess

The so-called "WALL-E" from War Thunder. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz2lDu0WUfY

LOL. Watching the video...... yeah it is kinda cute.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Four Shaheds got through in Khmelnitsky last night and got something very splodey.

Video from what appears to be city TG Channel.
https://t.me/ragnarockkyiv/50808
View Quote

Holy shit, looks like a small nuke almost.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Video shows Russians appearing to flee Ukrainian attack near Bakhmut

lol

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

https://i.imgur.com/NJp4DQd.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
In other news........

Finland’s former PM Sanna Marin has announced that she is getting divorced.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv9Wha3XwAEFLDh?format=jpg&name=small

She's back on the market fellas!

https://i.imgur.com/NJp4DQd.gif

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes

I love that thing in WT. My NCOs who crewed real ones hated it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5585
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4013 of 5585)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top