Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2824 of 5584)
Page / 5584
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:

To me no I don't think Ukraine has an official government "hit list". That site is not exactly good for the perception of the Ukranian side however. Even this doesn't matter, every side has extremes, but it's no secret Ukraine had been having some... poor diplomatic incidents in their recent handling of Musk. That's the story to me, like him or not it probably doesn't do you any favors to piss off the guy supplying you with Starlink.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jman1984:
Sounds like people really believe that Ukraine put Musk on a hit list.

To me no I don't think Ukraine has an official government "hit list". That site is not exactly good for the perception of the Ukranian side however. Even this doesn't matter, every side has extremes, but it's no secret Ukraine had been having some... poor diplomatic incidents in their recent handling of Musk. That's the story to me, like him or not it probably doesn't do you any favors to piss off the guy supplying you with Starlink.

And the guy providing starlink should probably learn that by doing so, it did not buy him an invitation to the negotiations table. That he may be surrounded by yes men at his company, but the government who is being invaded, having its cities bombed, citizens killed, tortured, displaced, infrastructure targeted, sovereignty threatened, and land stolen has neither the time nor the inclination to listen to his drivel about how they should just give it all away to invaders.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:21:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#2]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
OSINT in the first person. Ukraine’s armed forces have outsourced parts of the kill chain to civilians.
View Quote

Good read, and as they should. It’s dumb to take someone who can hack the military fitness requirements and stick them behind a desk. Take your Stephen Hawkings and stick THEM behind a desk.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

Crackpots with a "hit list" is no different there than here. There are stupid people everywhere. Anyone who suggests to me to give up 1/3 of my property to someone who raped my wife to make peace with them is going to get a hearty fuck you from me as well.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
Anybody listen to Joe Pags ?

Was sitting outside listening to his show and he had an interview with Jeffrey Addicott.
Anybody know if this Addicott is a legit guy ?

He claimed the Ukrainian army has 100,000 dead, Russia is going to roll on the country in November once the Winter freeze is in, Zelensky and the entire Ukrainian .gov is more corrupt than the Russians, China or the US blew up the Nordstream pipeline and it's all about Taiwan getting invaded by China. Ukraine has run out of people to defend itself and Russia invaded with its national guard and the real take over is happening this Winter.

Basically said Zelensky is a crook and is looking to cash out because everybody knows Ukraine is done and the MSM is covering up for what is really going on over there.

I hope somebody here can find the interview and post it up, because for me it was a big 'WTF am I listening too ?'

JFC !
View Quote
Oswald's most recent post I saw was about word for word
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
Anybody listen to Joe Pags ?

Was sitting outside listening to his show and he had an interview with Jeffrey Addicott.
Anybody know if this Addicott is a legit guy ?

He claimed the Ukrainian army has 100,000 dead, Russia is going to roll on the country in November once the Winter freeze is in, Zelensky and the entire Ukrainian .gov is more corrupt than the Russians, China or the US blew up the Nordstream pipeline and it's all about Taiwan getting invaded by China. Ukraine has run out of people to defend itself and Russia invaded with its national guard and the real take over is happening this Winter.

Basically said Zelensky is a crook and is looking to cash out because everybody knows Ukraine is done and the MSM is covering up for what is really going on over there.

I hope somebody here can find the interview and post it up, because for me it was a big 'WTF am I listening too ?'

JFC !

Well….a horrifyingly large contingent of people on this site give their money to Alex Jones. Nothing should surprise you after that. If they’ve kept that up they are capable of all types of lunacy.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ratchet27:
What has Ukraine been doing for the last 8 years?

Why does the rest of the world (mainly us) have to supply them with so many weapons and munitions?

I get that they don't have some of the more advanced stuff, but they don't have the ability to arm themselves with small arms and ammunition?
View Quote

The small arms are far far less important than artillery and armored vehicles and anti air and anti armor weapons. If Ukraine had mosin nagants instead of AK’s it might not matter all that much.

Every dollar we spend with Ukraine is the most effective military spending we could possibly spend to make the US and our interests safer.

It’s a direct “pay here to win the game of global military dominance” far more than increasing our military spending in any other way..

We can quantify how much each $ spent on Ukraine directly leads to Russia losing its ability to make war.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:44:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#7]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

The small arms are far far less important than artillery and armored vehicles and anti air and anti armor weapons. If Ukraine had mosin nagants instead of AK’s it might not matter all that much.

Every dollar we spend with Ukraine is the most effective military spending we could possibly spend to make the US and our interests safer.

It’s a direct “pay here to win the game of global military dominance” far more than increasing our military spending in any other way..

We can quantify how much each $ spent on Ukraine directly leads to Russia losing its ability to make war.
View All Quotes

Why does the rest of the world (mainly us) have to supply them with so many weapons and munitions?

I get that they don't have some of the more advanced stuff, but they don't have the ability to arm themselves with small arms and ammunition?

What were they doing?

Ukraine did VERY well after beefing up the last 8 years. The entire reason they are getting the support they are is because they held Russia on their own the first month or two.

No one swooped in at the beginning and helped them. Western leaders offered Zelensky a safe ride out. No one was donating HIMARS and western weapons. It was all their Soviet stuff that a 2nd world country could afford…..and it was used well.

They outperformed what their budget was and stalemated Russia on their own.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:46:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Yeah, provide credible sources.  How dare we want some credibility.

If it's such a shit show, you know where the door is.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Esterhase:
Originally Posted By absael:
Where do you find this stuff?  This is your second post today of comically bad information.

I'm kind of hoping that no one posts it; at least not in this thread... IMO we don't need to dilute news and worthwhile thoughts on the war with this kind of crap.  Witless opinions like his are a dime a dozen.

To be clear, you're worried about the quality of information In the GD Russia/UKR thread?

Stable door status: closed

This thread has been a one-note shitshow since February, where gatekeeping Ukiebros only want to hear one point of view.

Yeah, provide credible sources.  How dare we want some credibility.

If it's such a shit show, you know where the door is.

And don't let it hit ya in the ass on your way out!
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

So rather than spending new money, it'd be OK to pull UKR aid from existing Pentagon budget?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:51:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:55:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

So rather than spending new money, it'd be OK to pull UKR aid from existing Pentagon budget?
View All Quotes

That would be silly. Why would you deliberately weaken your own military? It isn't like China,  North Korea, etc. have magically gone away....
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfDTMlpXkAAhJW7?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

The Tochka-u is quoted with 30m-90m CEP depending on source.  So either they got very lucky or they found a way to tighten up the CEP considerably.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:05:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

That would be silly. Why would you deliberately weaken your own military? It isn't like China,  North Korea, etc. have magically gone away....
View Quote

Defund The Police!
Defund The Police!
Defund The Police!.....
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:06:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#14]

View Quote

It’s a shame most folks don’t see this.

IMO it’s not supporting Ukraine as much as it is beating down the Soviet Union Russia.

As of right now the Russian ability to wage war is severely diminished.

Our spending in Ukraine is achieving the final blow of the Cold War.

ETA: Ukraine is kicking ass. With nato weapons yes, but it takes willpower and love of nation to do so.

Not taking any of that away in my statement on spending.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Meanwhile....
An Expert Speaketh...

Is this Russian training video real?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:11:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Thank you sir, and may I reiterate you translators are invaluable.

View Quote

I can't render an expert opinion on military matters or spend time cruising social media platforms and bringing the results here but I'm happy if my translations help people better understand what's going on.
Thank you for your kind words.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:11:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

There are several people in GD that share the exact same worldview.
View Quote
Its like a weird virtue signaling thing for them.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Fucking animals. People complaining about Russians getting dehumanized need to see this shit. Their behavior is what's dehumanized them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Fucking animals. People complaining about Russians getting dehumanized need to see this shit. Their behavior is what's dehumanized them.

Man that makes my blood boil. They are worse than animals, they are the maggots that live in pig shit.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By kncook:

What were they doing?

Ukraine did VERY well after beefing up the last 8 years. The entire reason they are getting the support they are is because they held Russia on their own the first month or two.

No one swooped in at the beginning and helped them. Western leaders offered Zelensky a safe ride out. No one was donating HIMARS and western weapons. It was all their Soviet stuff that a 2nd world country could afford…..and it was used well.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

What were they doing?

Of course.

I’m just stating the reasons why US involvement and money spent is beneficial to the USA.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:14:51 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

From my amateur knowledge?

Yes. 100% to an extent. We still have china as a theoretical enemy.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:17:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#21]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

Approval must be going through, because I now live about 10 miles away from APG, and I've been hearing a LOT of booms taking place recently.

The local paper warned county residents to expect sounds of frequent explosions the next couple of weeks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kpacman:
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By R0N:
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

In the Big Army up to about 2005, it was informally considered one of those ways you could tell a good unit from the bad. Im talking out in the field, training.  Good units roadmarched everywhere, got in little triangle shaped perimeters about 1800, dug little hasty prone positions about 18 inches down, and did stand to, where 1/2 hour before sunrise you are at 100% security, ruck packed, pulling security.

Bad units rode in trucks, slept in, and their patrol bases looked like gypsy camps, hootched up 24/7.  Bad units were about twice as good as the Russians.  You can tell some of these Ukrainians have excellent field discipline. Hunter or hunted types of indicators.  The Brits, when I worked with them, had outstanding field discipline.  The USMC did as well.

These were all the sorts of little useless things that we all incorporated as to "field discipline."  There was a period of time when young guys had no combat experience and old guys were Vietnam vets, and to be honest there was a strong crossover between Ranger school, things guys did in Vietnam, and the sorts of things a CSM might be looking for when he eyeballs your perimeter.

A lot of leaders were light on garrison discipline, like spitshining boots and barracks inspection, but a good trooper dug in and pulled security, and was up at stand to.  A good LT took his turn on radio watch and trooped the lines between 0100 and 0400.  Everyone dug their own holes.  

I would hope it makes a comeback, along with the other sorts of things.  In my experience noone really likes discipline, but troopers took pride and would show ownership of field discipline if there was a point to it.  Sometimes one unit would ruck by another and there would be eyeballing and sizing each other up.  Noone really cared about drill, spit and polish.

Stuff like that soldiers complain about that non-sexy Army stuff, but it pays off in the end.

There was probably an environmental issue involved, I remember late in my military career, if you wanted to build fighting positions or entrench you had to plan it way in advance and get the base environmental people involved at most bases.

You're right about that. It would probably be easier to get a hasty SDZ approved to fire into an occupied training area than to get approval to dig fighting positions in a fucking field.

Aberdeen proving ground is all a wetland wildlife preserve… if you want to do ANY new disruption of the soil or building of any kind, be it a parking lot or a shed, you have to move prohibitive mountains of paperwork…

Preach it brother!  APG has gone so far down the rabbit hole one has to get environmental approval, with a soil impact statement, for aerial tests!

Approval must be going through, because I now live about 10 miles away from APG, and I've been hearing a LOT of booms taking place recently.

The local paper warned county residents to expect sounds of frequent explosions the next couple of weeks.

We’re talking about new stuff, the ranges are already approved. Though town has limited the amount of explosive that can set off now for a while
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#22]
you spend 20x the amount of time to make a 'oh boy what is happening' post as it would take you to actually vet what you're quoting.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:21:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stone-age] [#23]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

It’s a shame most folks don’t see this.

IMO it’s not supporting Ukraine as much as it is beating down the Soviet Union Russia.

As of right now the Russian ability to wage war is severely diminished.

Our spending in Ukraine is achieving the final blow of the Cold War.

ETA: Ukraine is kicking ass. With nato weapons yes, but it takes willpower and love of nation to do so.

Not taking any of that away in my statement on spending.
View Quote

(And then people ask why we aren't giving Ukraine the weapons to just finish this.)
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:29:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Himars4days:
you spend 20x the amount of time to make a 'oh boy what is happening' post as it would take you to actually vet what you're quoting.
View Quote

Out of interest, what was your previous username?
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

They should mount those drones with 1 grenade and a loud speaker saying to lay down face first with their hands behind their head and wait to be apprehended.
View Quote
And then drop the grenade
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:30:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
More dope on background. Good read.
View Quote
Yes, it was.  This article on thedrive.com , linked in the article you posted, has some interesting info on recent and not-so-recent reported Ukrainian attacks on Belgorod.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:31:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigGrumpyBear] [#27]

View Quote

They have been struggling against an evil russian government that has its tentacles deeply embedded in every branch of their government, including its military, and that refuses to let Ukraine be free.

The democrats leader of our country, Clinton, Obama and Biden specifically, have spent the last thirty years helping russia keep Ukraine vulnerable and weak so it would stay in russias sphere of influence.

Despite all that power and corruption leveraged against them, the vast majority of the people still yearned to be free and western.

They tried the way of the peacemaker, the way of the compromise, but were lied to and betrayed at every turn. Yet still, they tried to do this peacefully.

February was the way of the pen failing completely. Now has come the way of the cossack, and the way of the sword.

Russia will lose, there is still some light left in western societies, and the hearts of Ukraine's battered, tired and outnumbered warriors still beat fiercely.

The Ukrainians, and other like minded souls in the west, have offered in sacrifice to the tree of liberty their honor, their blood, even their lives, not by the dozens, not by the hundreds or even the thousands, but by the hundreds of thousands.

The least we can fucking do is give them a hot meal, a fresh horse, and a sharp blade to feed the tree of liberty the blood of its enemies.

Sorry if I rambled, I'm heavily medicated again tonight, but does that answer your question?

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:31:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I've been seeing a significant uptick in videos of Ukrainian sniper activity recently. I'm not sure if it's their snipers engaging the Russians more or if they're just releasing more footage, but it's good to see. A bit of reading has shown me that prior to February, the Ukrainians had a number of good snipers (mortar teams, too) as a result of the way the war in the Donbas had been fought for the few years beforehand. Doubtless those guys have gone to work, and I'll be very interested in reading AARs whenever those become available.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:41:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote
Disappointed to hear him say they had plenty of warm cloths.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

If I were to take a guess, it would be that they are shooting a lot of ammo at Russians every day, and they also need small arms to equip their intended million man army.  If I had to guess. And do you have a problem with US supplying ammo and small arms?  Because I sure don't. This stuff was made to shoot Russians, and that is what they are doing with it, every damn day.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9dx6i8Ti-c
View Quote
Idiots!
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:55:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Alexi Joneskov's shortwave broadcast starts in 30 minutes. Shouldn't you be getting your tinfoil hat on and be tuning in?
View Quote

i was trying to quote an alexi jonskov post lmao
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:55:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Yeah that bridge got jacked up. I bet they'll have to remove those supports and put in whole new ones.

But of course Russia has to downplay it as "tis but a scratch"
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

Assuming there's still a bridge by then.

Yeah that bridge got jacked up. I bet they'll have to remove those supports and put in whole new ones.

But of course Russia has to downplay it as "tis but a scratch"
Let alone RU cannot fix that bridge, they don't have the capability.  Its going to be a shit show
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:59:18 PM EDT
[#34]

This war is fucking with my income. Are you hiring? What are the benefits. Welcome to the site HIMARS!
View Quote

dyakyou. i spent a couple years doing mission trips in ukraine and did a year doing a study abroad at taras shevchecko in kyiv. ive got friends all over ukraine and im planning on going back next next month if i can. i was trying to quote someone shilling for russia to make fun of them, with my luck of course i didn't know how to do a proper quote
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:00:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

They have been struggling against an evil russian government that has its tentacles deeply embedded in every branch of their government, including its military, and that refuses to let Ukraine be free.

The democrats leader of our country, Clinton, Obama and Biden specifically, have spent the last thirty years helping russia keep Ukraine vulnerable and weak so it would stay in russias sphere of influence.

Despite all that power and corruption leveraged against them, the vast majority of the people still yearned to be free and western.

They tried the way of the peacemaker, the way of the compromise, but were lied to and betrayed at every turn. Yet still, they tried to do this peacefully.

February was the way of the pen failing completely. Now has come the way of the cossack, and the way of the sword.

Russia will lose, there is still some light left in western societies, and the hearts of Ukraine's battered, tired and outnumbered warriors still beat fiercely.

The Ukrainians, and other like minded souls in the west, have offered in sacrifice to the tree of liberty their honor, their blood, even their lives, not by the dozens, not by the hundreds or even the thousands, but by the hundreds of thousands.

The least we can fucking do is give them a hot meal, a fresh horse, and a sharp blade to feed the tree of liberty the blood of its enemies.

Sorry if I rambled, I'm heavily medicated again tonight, but does that answer your question?

Edited for spelling.
View Quote

Good post.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:04:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Capta:

The Tochka-u is quoted with 30m-90m CEP depending on source.  So either they got very lucky or they found a way to tighten up the CEP considerably.
View Quote

There's more than a few cases of them having more like a 1-3m accuracy on several attacks over this war.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:18:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

Edited for spelling.
View Quote

Excellent post my brotha.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#38]

dyakyou. i spent a couple years doing mission trips in ukraine and did a year doing a study abroad at taras shevchecko in kyiv. ive got friends all over ukraine and im planning on going back next next month if i can. i was trying to quote someone shilling for russia to make fun of them, with my luck of course i didn't know how to do a proper quote
View All Quotes

This war is fucking with my income. Are you hiring? What are the benefits. Welcome to the site HIMARS!

Welcome HIMARS!  Glad to have you here :-)

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:36:00 AM EDT
[#39]
@gentlemanfarmer how was the haul today man? Get any of those three piece winter sets folks were talking about? Let us know if you need anything for shipping. Any Mexican winter weather gear this time in addition to the uniforms?

These trolls, that grandmas son getting killed and big grumpy’s posts reminded me to help more.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:37:15 AM EDT
[#40]

Wagner’s been spray painting a treble clef on their vehicles.
Those goofy fucks

https://t.me/ok_spn/21422

View Quote

God damn it. That's a pretty cool reference to their name and it pisses me off.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:42:08 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Those goofy fucks

The guy that thought it up must have gotten killed since they defaulted to the clever “W” on the door
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:55:16 AM EDT
[#42]

The guy that thought it up must have gotten killed since they defaulted to the clever “W” on the door
View All Quotes

Those goofy fucks

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:56:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#43]

View All Quotes

He doesn't know how to quote people so I really think he doesn't have one.

ETA- he figured it out and beat me to it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:59:27 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Ya, It's hard to figure out how to hit the "quote" button
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:04:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Ya, It's hard to figure out how to hit the "quote" button
View Quote

i'll get better
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 1:08:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Shockergd:

There's more than a few cases of them having more like a 1-3m accuracy on several attacks over this war.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shockergd:
Originally Posted By Capta:

I’m not aware of any confirmed Tochka attacks that show that.
There are a number of attributed Tochka attacks on area targets like ammo dumps and oil depots.  There was the attack on the transport ship early in the war, but a ship-sized target was within the realm of reason for the known CEP.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:07:51 AM EDT
[#47]

Smashed orc arty
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:16:17 AM EDT
[#48]

This seems to tally with the earlier musings in this thread.

I'm constantly reminded by things like this that Arf has an amazing number of sme's and very smart people (and some complete morons of course).
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:49:46 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

They have been fighting and dying on the East for 8 years stopping the 2014 invasion. They have lost thousands of men (and thousands of civilians) and all sorts of military equipment.

Meanwhile, they have been scrounging weapons and ammo from everywhere and burning it up in the East fighting Russia. It was under Trump that the USA finally sent them ANY lethal aid (2017 iirc) since FBHO and Xiden only sent them blankets and MRE's. It wasnt until after the Feb 24 2022 invasion that any real meaningful aid started to arrive AFTER Ukraine showed they want to fight and can.

Ukraine has also been developing as much of their own in-house stuff as possible like the various drones and Stunga ATM's. But prior to 2014 they only had a hollow shell of a military, leftovers from the Soviet days. They went from almost nothing in 2014 to literally kicking the ass of the world's #2 military in 2022!

Also keep in mind that most people, including in Ukraine, never believed that Russia would actually invade. Looking back, we can all be military geniuses, but most of NATO, especially the USA believed that if Russia invades, it will all be over in a few weeks so why bother giving them more than a token of aid.

As for what we owe Ukraine...we talked them into giving up their nukes, missiles, long range bombers, etc back in the 90's in exchange for guaranteeing their borders. Even excluding that, when innocent people are attacked, murdered, raped, kidnapped, etc in a genocidal war, good people of the world help. It's what we do. We dont say "too bad, fuck you, you should have done more yourselves". Because eventually, assholes like Russia/China will come for us too. Even if you dont care about Ukraine, you should stand for the principal that illegal genocidal invasions should not be rewarded. For fucks sake, more people should crack open a history book sometime in their life!
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:07:47 AM EDT
[#50]
i've lurked here for years, finally made an account just to point out how obvious (or oblivious) some of you are. hope you're paid well.
View Quote

Which ones:
The ruskie trolls…
The demokrazt moles…
Or the establishment aholes….

They all have a similar goal in mind, to reinforce the idea that somehow there’s a huge group of undesirables lurking here that have inhuman designs, …. so sinister.  

People have shitty takes ( like trying to be pro- Russia in this war) but some .. some are definitely up to something. Their tell is usually when they spent way too much time trying to convince you that someone is the boogeyman and must be destroyed or something equally ridiculous.
Unfortunately some also are trying to make it seem like there is an army of conservatives that forgot about 70 years of staunch anti soviet activism in the movement overnight.
Yes, there may be some idiots that eat that shit up, but the characters in other threads are fake as hell mixed with a few rubes.. then you get a few political operatives posting here every few pages reminding us about it… it’s all so predictable.

Page / 5584
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2824 of 5584)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top