Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2380 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 5:46:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Ghost thread fixit post
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 5:54:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

ETA: And you'd better watch it or HMMWV will go get his big brother.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/IMG_2249_jpg-2504201.JPG
View Quote

Are they hard/expensive to keep maintained?
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 5:58:00 AM EDT
[#3]
A lot of guys are getting killed on both sides. I hope this ends soon.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 6:00:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Posted as of 15 minutes ago.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20220831_095413_jpg-2509332.JPG
View Quote

OK "Pivden" reports on the results of last day's hunting of katsaps.

Destroyed:

💥 4 control points of the occupiers
💥4 BC warehouses in Bashtansky, Beryslavsky, Kakhovsky and Kherson districts

💥117 Zdohlyaks

💥 9 T-72 tanks
💥 3 RSZV "Grad"
💥 1 unit ACS "Hyacinth-S"
💥 1 unit "Msta-S
💥 18 units armored vehicles and vehicles

💥 Damage to 4 bridges has been confirmed - two Antonivskyi, Kakhovskyi and Daryivskyi

https://t.me/The3rdForceUA/9186

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 6:44:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21] [#5]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FbdwkLJWAAMfdn3?format=jpg&name=medium

Destroyed:

💥117 Zdohlyaks

💥 9 T-72 tanks
💥 3 RSZV "Grad"
💥 1 unit "Msta-S

💥 Damage to 4 bridges has been confirmed - two Antonivskyi, Kakhovskyi and Daryivskyi

View Quote

The Intelligence Update’s 3rd point discusses the “new” Russian 3rd Army, formed and “trained” near Moscow.

It’s highly likely it’s under-strength, and

They often appear to be in their 40s or 50s, and

They probably received minimal training, though still better than the 2 to 3 days of the forced conscripts kidnapped off the streets of Donbass.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 6:44:33 AM EDT
[#6]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FbdwkLJWAAMfdn3?format=jpg&name=medium

Destroyed:

💥117 Zdohlyaks

💥 9 T-72 tanks
💥 3 RSZV "Grad"
💥 1 unit "Msta-S

View Quote

Zdohlyaks=personnel?
Googling that term produced no results.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 7:00:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 7:04:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 7:26:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Assuming those guys aren't 25 but on meth, they are close to my dad's age. My dad has now been retired from the Army longer than he was in. I am old enough that the guys I went to basic with that made it a career are all either retired or managed to go over 30 years.

At 49 I don't even want to imagine how painful keeping up the pace of a war fighter would be, yet there they are. Those guys are almost certainly Red Army veterans from the Soviet days. I do understand their motivation though. In a similar situation I would dig out the old maroon beret, suck a lot of shit up and go to work. Do they make Motrin pills bigger than 800?
View Quote

No, but they come in big ass pharma drums

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 7:29:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By PMB1086:

Zdohlyaks=personnel?
View Quote

Microsoft Bing did better.

It gave me this page.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By vahog:

It gave me this page.
View Quote

Yeah, not sure what that is. There’s a fair bit of what I assume is Russian or Ukrainian slang in those posts.

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Yeah, not sure what that is. There’s a fair bit of what I assume is Russian or Ukrainian slang in those posts.

View Quote

I like the word, though. I want to find a use for it.

"Only a Zdohlyak would start a 40-post thread about the electric bill of some random Irish coffee shop."
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 8:27:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: trapsh00ter99] [#14]

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Assuming those guys aren't 25 but on meth, they are close to my dad's age. My dad has now been retired from the Army longer than he was in. I am old enough that the guys I went to basic with that made it a career are all either retired or managed to go over 30 years.

At 49 I don't even want to imagine how painful keeping up the pace of a war fighter would be, yet there they are. Those guys are almost certainly Red Army veterans from the Soviet days. I do understand their motivation though. In a similar situation I would dig out the old maroon beret, suck a lot of shit up and go to work. Do they make Motrin pills bigger than 800?
View Quote

My sentiments exactly. I went to Basic in '88 and couldnt imagine even a 3 day bivy now. Even sleeping on the ground for 1 night and I'd be asking for one of those horse pills.

Other than drive vehicles and maybe guard a motor pool, I dont know what those guys could do.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:04:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

You are correct, of course.

Here some undisputed background facts - with sources - from wiki:

“After the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, Schröder was criticized for his policies towards Vladimir Putin's government, his work for Russian state-owned companies, and his lobbyism on behalf of Russia. On 1 March 2022, Schröder's entire staff including long-time office manager Albrecht Funk resigned due to Schröder's alliances with Russia and Putin directly.[3] On 8 March 2022 the Public Prosecutor General initiated proceedings related to accusations against Schröder of complicity in crimes against humanity due to his role in Russian state-owned corporations.[4] On the same day his party initiated proceedings to expel him.[5] The CDU/CSU group demanded that Schröder be included in the European Union sanctions against individuals with ties to the Putin regime.[6

So when Americans wonder “how could this have happened?” - it is plain to see now.  Shroder chose to betray his country and took bribes from Russian.  Then he was further bribed /coerced by the former head of the KGB - Putin, to work against the interests of Germany and the EU.

Backing up Shroder’s Moscow-derived plan were the “useful idiots,” Greta Thunberg, the German Green Party, and the Grun/Rot coalition.
View Quote

Ha. Stupid Germans. Nothing like that could ever happen here in the USA
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Ha. Stupid Germans. Nothing like that could ever happen here in the USA
View Quote

No, of course not. We are totally immune from such corruption and stupidity here. No one here would ever fall for some type of "Green New Deal".  nope.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:09:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By jDrexler:

I’ve been in many types of soviet/Russian armor, guy probably sees that thing as downright luxurious.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jDrexler:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
User appreciates his M113.

I’ve been in many types of soviet/Russian armor, guy probably sees that thing as downright luxurious.

They translated it and yea, he really likes the American 1960's design.  Other veterans were telling him to rev the engine if he wanted to make the door close faster.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:09:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#19]

Can’t wait to compare this to the allied data soon
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#20]

"Only a Zdohlyak would start a 40-post thread about the electric bill of some random Irish coffee shop."
View All Quotes

The first thing found by doing a Google search for just "Zdohlyak" finds this...

Attachment Attached File

https://educalingo.com/en/dic-uk/zdokhlyak

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:11:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Capta:
Ever want to know what an ATGM looks and sounds like passing 6 feet over your head?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HnLEfNU43s
View Quote

That unmistakable look on those guys faces in the trench.  The one that says "Did you hear that!"  "Where is it coming from!"
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#22]
""We find more targets than have artillery". How UAV-scouts guide the HIMARS in the south of Ukraine

In the south, in the Kherson region, the Ukrainian military launched a counteroffensive. In particular, Ukrainian forces liberated one of the villages in the region's north. Aerial scouts of the "Karlsson" unit work in this area. With the help of the Ukrainian UAV "Leleka-100", they act as spotters for US-made artillery - howitzers M777 and HIMARS MLRS. "Recently, we leveled their ammo depot," - says the unit commander with the callsign "Playboy" about the success of their work.
These successes are pretty visual. Members of the unit show the results of their work. With the help of their UAV, Ukrainian artillery destroyed several Russian infantry fighting vehicles (BMP) and made it possible for the Ukrainian army to advance further - deep into the Kherson region."

«????? ????????? ??????, ??? ????? ?????????». ?? ???????????? ???????? «????????» ?? ??????

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Posted as of 15 minutes ago.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20220831_095413_jpg-2509332.JPG
View Quote

20 Tanks, 12 artillery systems, man have the numbers bumped up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

And where exactly do bad governments come from, if not from bad people? The Russian Revolution is a perfect example. A popular revolution against a bad government succeeded in installing a much worse government that was the most repressive since the Khans. The Bolsheviks came to power from the people. That quote is just BS. There absolutely ARE bad people, and the worst things happen when those people are allowed to form or take over governments. That's exactly why governments must have limited powers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Originally Posted By Jack67:This is worth keeping in mind.  The "average Russian" is a decent person the same anywhere.  It's bad governments that have brainwashed and/or made people incapable of dissent that makes the Russian story so unfortunate for the last 100 years.

"There are no bad people; only bad governments."

I had a student say that in a free-ranging geopolitical discussion a few years ago.  I wasn't familiar with it, but I think it's a variation of a quote from Goethe along the lines of "Bad people do not create revolutions. Bad governments create revolution." (close to that anyway).

And where exactly do bad governments come from, if not from bad people? The Russian Revolution is a perfect example. A popular revolution against a bad government succeeded in installing a much worse government that was the most repressive since the Khans. The Bolsheviks came to power from the people. That quote is just BS. There absolutely ARE bad people, and the worst things happen when those people are allowed to form or take over governments. That's exactly why governments must have limited powers.

To be fair, the Reds had to overcome ferocious resistance to win, committing countless atrocities, such as mass murder, artificial famines, use of chemical weapons, ect along the way. Quite the contrast to how the Germans tamely accepted the Hitler Regime.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
""We find more targets than have artillery". How UAV-scouts guide the HIMARS in the south of Ukraine

In the south, in the Kherson region, the Ukrainian military launched a counteroffensive. In particular, Ukrainian forces liberated one of the villages in the region's north. Aerial scouts of the "Karlsson" unit work in this area. With the help of the Ukrainian UAV "Leleka-100", they act as spotters for US-made artillery - howitzers M777 and HIMARS MLRS. "Recently, we leveled their ammo depot," - says the unit commander with the callsign "Playboy" about the success of their work.
These successes are pretty visual. Members of the unit show the results of their work. With the help of their UAV, Ukrainian artillery destroyed several Russian infantry fighting vehicles (BMP) and made it possible for the Ukrainian army to advance further - deep into the Kherson region."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ultBb_yCFEs

View Quote

Even their “pocket litter” as reenactors call it looks like WWII

Can imagine our guys leaving anything like that. What would it be, cigarettes, ibuprofen , and rip it cans?
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

I think there's a bit of disconnect going on because people can be a specific and a collective noun.  The quote refers to the collective, not a subset.  It stands.
View Quote

I think people are generally the same all over (at least in typical 1st and 2nd world countries). 10% really bad, 10% really good with the rest somewhere in between. Certain cultures and systems of gov't bring one or the other to the top. While Russian "people" are probably no worse or better than the folks here in the USA, their culture doesnt reward good, selfless, public servant types. (yes, this is changing FAST in the USA) so the people vote for the best liars who promise the most stability, order, and financial benefits.

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

Not only 122mm rounds for Soviet systems, but Pakistan Ordnance Factory is also supposedly producing 155mm rounds for Ukraine. There are multiple news stories about this online dating back to the middle of the month if you would like to search for them. There were daily British C-17 flights to Pakistan that stopped in Cluj, Romania on the way back. Clearly, they were picking up something important and delivering it to a location very close to the Ukrainian border.

I bet there is a lot more of this going on than we even know about. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the U.S. and the UK are sourcing any needed items from all around the globe and facilitating the transfer to Ukraine. We'd be dumb if we weren't.

BTW, that POF factory also produces 125mm tank gun rounds that are compatible with Ukraine's T-64/T-72/T-80 tanks. They produce this round because they have about 320 T-80UD tanks in service. In fact, I did a little digging and discovered Pakistan now has full in-house capabilities for maintenance, repair and even building spare parts for their T-80 fleet. If I were a betting man, I'd say some of those spare parts have also likely found their way into Ukrainian tanks.

Politics sure makes for some strange bed fellows. I mean, here's the U.S. and UK using Pakistan as a source of aid to Ukraine when our relations with Pakistan are lukewarm at best. Ukraine has at times aided Pakistan with military technology and weapons. Meanwhile, we are trying to form a tight bond with India to counter China. Yet India is largely pro-Russia, buys many Russian weapons and Pakistan is aligned with China. And India and Pakistan hate each other the way Michigan/Ohio State fans hate each other. Sometimes trying to sort out all of this is enough to make one's head spin.
View Quote

Very good analysis. Agreed on the strange new alliances...
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/632082B8-44CE-4E87-A388-9543CE27DBD4-2509494.png
View Quote

Me too, Russian source basically showing an encirclement by Ukrainian forces means it's probably worse than shown.

Watching the video Prime posted of the Ukrainian advance, what a nightmare of open flat terrain with interspersed tree lines full of potential ATGM's, all potentially being watched by Russian drones and covered by artillery.  I'm hoping some serious anti drone tech is at the front destroying the ability of the cheap drones from being used on Russia's end.

Once the Ukrainians have pushed into an area, I'd make it a hornets nest of ATGM's and Javelin teams to destroy the Russian reserves heading in to fill that gap.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:34:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#29]
ISW assement for August 30th.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-august-30

Ukrainian forces began striking Russian pontoon ferries across the Dnipro River on August 29, which is consistent with the start of the Ukrainian counteroffensive. The effects of destroying ferries will likely be more ephemeral than those of putting bridges out of commission, so attacking them makes sense in conjunction with active ground operations. Ukrainian military officials confirmed that Ukrainian forces destroyed a Russian pontoon-ferry crossing in Lvove, approximately 16km west of Nova Kakhovka on the right bank of the Dnipro River on August 29.[1] Ukrainian and Russian sources have also reported that Ukrainian forces struck a pontoon crossing constructed out of barges near the Antonivsky Road Bridge.[2]
View Quote

The Russian Defense Ministry and Russian sources continued to claim Russian victory over the Ukrainian counteroffensive in Kherson Oblast, likely in an effort to exploit Ukraine's operational silence. The Russian Defense Ministry claimed that Russian forces defeated a Ukrainian counteroffensive in the Mykolaiv-Kryvyi Rih direction on August 29 and killed over 1,200 Ukrainian servicemen.[37] Russian Telegram channels reshared footage of two damaged Polish T-72 tanks and two trucks reportedly in the Vysokopillya-Potomkyne area near the Kherson-Dnipropetrovsk Oblast border, as evidence of successful Russian defenses.[38] Russian sources did not provide imagery to corroborate Russian battle damage claims. Russian-appointed Kherson Oblast Administration Head Kiril Stremeusov claimed that the Ukrainian counteroffensive is the “start of the liberation of the Russian city of Mykolaiv,” in a recording that Stremeusov made from the safety of Vozonezh Oblast, Russia.[39]  Russian sources are continuing to misreport ongoing Ukrainian attacks against Russian GLOCs in Kherson Oblast. The Russian Defense Ministry claimed that Russian air defense systems intercepted 44 HIMARS rockets on Kherson City, Nova Kakhovka, Antonivsky Bridge, and Khakovka Hydroelectric Power Plant (HPP).[40] These claims are likely false given the lack of evidence of Russian air defense successfully intercepting a HIMARS rocket and the numerous documented explosions and strikes throughout northern and central Kherson Oblast on August 30. Russian sources will continue to misrepresent the Ukrainian counteroffensive to undermine the operation and portray it as ineffective in the international information space to erode public support for Ukraine.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#30]

Me too, Russian source basically showing an encirclement by Ukrainian forces means it's probably worse than shown.

Watching the video Prime posted of the Ukrainian advance, what a nightmare of open flat terrain with interspersed tree lines full of potential ATGM's, all potentially being watched by Russian drones and covered by artillery.  I'm hoping some serious anti drone tech is at the front destroying the ability of the cheap drones from being used on Russia's end.

Once the Ukrainians have pushed into an area, I'd make it a hornets nest of ATGM's and Javelin teams to destroy the Russian reserves heading in to fill that gap.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/632082B8-44CE-4E87-A388-9543CE27DBD4-2509494.png

I'm expecting to hear about a number of new weapons, tech and military capabilities used in this offensive.  Unexpected surprises making the Ukrainian advances a little easier and more difficult--and deadly--for the Russians.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:

I'm expecting to hear about a number of new weapons, tech and military capabilities used in this offensive.  Unexpected surprises making the Ukrainian advances a little easier and more difficult--and deadly--for the Russians.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:

I know we sent them some serious shit for anti drone work.  Can't wait to hear how it works out.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#32]

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-august-30

View All Quotes

The worst part of the assesment

Russian President Vladimir Putin is likely setting conditions for the coerced cultural assimilation of displaced Ukrainians in Russia to erase their Ukrainian cultural identity. Head of the Russian Federal Agency for Ethnic Affairs, Igor Barinov, spoke about the creation of "adaptation centers" for "migrants" living in Russia with Putin on August 29. [11] Barinov stated that with Putin's permission and support, the Federal Agency for Ethnic Affairs is working on programs in unspecified pilot regions to ensure that "migrants" to Russia know and respect Russian traditions, customs, and laws to prevent "migrants" from experiencing  "social isolation" in Russia.[12] Barinov claimed that there is a risk of ethnic minorities in Russia forming enclaves that will exacerbate ethnic crime within Russia, and that "adaptation centers" would be an effective tool in maintaining the stability of migrant communities.[13] Russian outlet Vot Tak amplified statements made by Russian migration expert Alexander Verkhovsky that such programs should structure themselves as something between refugee camps and vocational training centers for migrants.[14]  Verkhovsky also noted that over 3.5 million displaced Ukrainians have entered Russia since the full-scale invasion began on February 24.[15] Many displaced Ukrainians in Russia are not in Russia voluntarily, and the Russian government has forcefully transferred at least 1,000 children from Mariupol to Russia.[16]  The forcible transfer of children of one group to another "with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group" is a violation of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.[17]

The creation of so-called social adaptation programs in Russia would add a social dimension to the legal frameworks through which Putin likely seeks to forcibly culturally assimilate Ukrainians into the Russian Federation. As ISW previously reported on August 29, Putin signed two decrees on August 27 in a purported effort to assist stateless peoples and migrants from Ukraine to indefinitely live and work in the Russian Federation with certain social payments allocated to those who left Ukraine following February 18.[18] Russian Security Council Chairman Dmitry Medvedev also stated that Russia will begin working on a bill in September for the condition of entry, exit, and stay in Russia for foreigners.[19] Putin's decrees and the bill alluded to by Medvedev are likely meant to set conditions for migrants from Ukraine to remain in Russia permanently, thus essentially forming the backbone of an extended campaign to at population transfer between Ukraine and Russia with the purpose of Russifying Ukraine. Programs at so-called adaptation centers would likely serve as a form of cultural reprogramming to erase Ukrainian cultural identity from displaced Ukrainian who either fled to Russia or were deported by Russian authorities.

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#33]
For reference, I plotted this potential breakthrough on the larger map (the purple line)

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
For reference, I plotted this potential breakthrough on the larger map (the purple line)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184365/Map-01-2509529.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for that, this is useful and hopefully we'll have an update this evening to better match what happened.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:01:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#37]
Ukrainian forces heading toward Kherson,  MBT's and IFV's supported by infantry.

Might be anti personnel mines in the field.

Author's comment: “The guys are walking across the field in a rut behind the tank, because the field is mined. And in this way the tank clears areas of the terrain for the infantry to advance. Breaks stretch marks and everything anti-personnel. Plus, the tank protects against shelling in an open field. But when they enter the settlement, the situation will change - the tank will go behind, like a "gun on call". And already the infantry will cover the tank from being hit by enemy anti-tank guns.
View Quote

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/x2a5iv/ukrainian_forces_are_on_their_way_to_kherson/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:02:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#38]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184365/Map-01-2509529.jpg
View Quote

From the Twitter comments:

That's quite a penetration.

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#39]

My sentiments exactly. I went to Basic in '88 and couldnt imagine even a 3 day bivy now. Even sleeping on the ground for 1 night and I'd be asking for one of those horse pills.

Other than drive vehicles and maybe guard a motor pool, I dont know what those guys could do.
View All Quotes

I'm over 60 and just completed a BSA Philmont 12 day trek, of which 10 of the days were backpacking and sleeping on the ground. Didn't phase me a bit, except for my arthritic knee that got a bit irritated.
We moved every day, going 4 to 9 miles a day in high elevation. The first 4 days we had 3" of constant rain, not the normal T-storms that occur in the afternoon.

If I could do it these guys could also.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#40]

Himars in support of troops:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/x29v1o/himarsm270_launch_of_12_gmlrs_rockets_above/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

It gave me this page.

I wonder how well autocorrect works in Ukrainian?

I suspect a mixture of slang, russian, ukrainian, and popular eastern european memes... coupled with autocorrect's absolute need to make the language conform to something.

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:11:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#42]

Nice line of explosions possibly on Russian railway supply.

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Can't wait to compare this to the allied data soon

I expect a bunch of SOF units were staged prior to this attack, hopefully marking and calling in strikes on the RU ATGM positions or just shooting them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
I expect a bunch of SOF units were staged prior to this attack, hopefully marking and calling in strikes on the RU ATGM positions or just shooting them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:

Can't wait to compare this to the allied data soon

Yea, they certainly aren't dummies, there's a lot going on that's just too much to discuss in just a few sentences regarding the tactical situations.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By PMB1086:

Zdohlyaks=personnel?
View Quote

Z is З in Ukrainian.  Once you change it from from Latin to Cyrillic, it translates to “dead people”.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:20:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Looks like a terror/revenge act,

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#49]
FIRMS showing fires that started only within the last 6 hours.

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2380 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top