Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2262 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck Iran and there drones
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By governmentman:

If we aren't sending a six pack of drone jammers with every HIMARS, someone needs a bitch slap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
ISW assessment for August 5th.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-august-5

If we aren't sending a six pack of drone jammers with every HIMARS, someone needs a bitch slap.

Ukraine got a lot of jammers of various sizes from various countries, as well as drone detection systems.  

This is one of the drone detection systems sent over there.  

https://www.blighter.com/ukraine-counter-uas-radar-system-supplied-by-blighter/
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:26:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"The first photos from the front of the L119 105-mm howitzers supplied from Great Britain for the Armed Forces.

L119 howitzers are supplied together with M1 shells with a maximum firing range of up to 11.5 km.

Based on the low weight and high mobility of these weapons, it is assumed that the Armed Forces will use the 105-mm L119 as a replacement for the 122-mm D-30, which does not have so much ammunition."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-08-05_10-56-34_jpg-2478295.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-08-05_10-56-35_jpg-2478296.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-08-05_10-56-35__3__jpg-2478297.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-08-05_10-56-35__2__jpg-2478298.JPG
View Quote
Not as much punch as the 155 but was the mainstay in Vietnam.

Get some fletch rounds when the orc hoards do a mass charge
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:29:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chaingun] [#4]
Whole world is going nuts, off topic, but an impressive show.  Hamas rocket barrage going out and almost immediately being intercepted by Iron Dome. 2 hrs ago.  Everyone stops cheering as they get intercepted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/wh3l33/massive_volley_of_rockets_launched_from_gaza_iron/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
View Quote
I heard the radio said Israel replied with aircraft runs

Also need to mention the relationship between Israel and Russia is deteriorating.  The chief Russian Rabbi, exiled in Israel, has said dark clouds over Russia, all Jews must leave

Hopefully Israel will send some Iron Dome systems
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
View Quote

Seeing reports of two airstrikes and 51 out of 66 rockets intercepted.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:46:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#6]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View All Quotes

Yea, they hit a few Hamas ammo and rocket storage sites today, the Iron Dome won't bother to waste a round to intercept stuff it knows is not going to hit a protected area, that will account for some "misses".
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:47:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#7]

Ammo depot in Makiivka, Donetsk.
Occupied Makeevka, Donetsk region

“Reinforced concrete factory, military base, fireworks right here, detonation of shells, and huge smoke”

https://t.me/Ags_Donbass
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Yea, they hit a few Hamas ammo and rocket storage sites today, the Iron Dome won't bother to intercept stuff it knows is not going to hit a protected area, that will account for some "misses".
View Quote

Oh, that's very nice. Impressive.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Russians throwing this guy under the bus, although this source is like the Moscow Times in that they're actual journalists who don't live in Russia.

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Going to have to call that drone the "B-5.2"  The Mini-Buff?  An arc-lamp strike?  Help me out here...
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought the Saudi's convinced the Iranians NOT to send drones to Russia.  At least that was what was reported last week.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#12]
"Infiltrate United States"

"Eastern spy won't go away"

Alan Aztec & HBKN - Gopnik in the USA

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:12:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Also need to mention the relationship between Israel and Russia is deteriorating.  The chief Russian Rabbi, exiled in Israel, has said dark clouds over Russia, all Jews must leave

View All Quotes
Whole world is going nuts, off topic, but an impressive show.  Hamas rocket barrage going out and almost immediately being intercepted by Iron Dome. 2 hrs ago.  Everyone stops cheering as they get intercepted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/wh3l33/massive_volley_of_rockets_launched_from_gaza_iron/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

That's going to be an interesting dynamic to watch.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#14]

You don't come to frontline, frontline come to you!

Ottawa offers $1,337 apiece for AR-15 rifles under mandatory buyback program

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/firearms-buyback-compensation-1.6535385

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:25:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#15]
Until the 18th, the order for the LPR to recruit 7,000 people

US national Suedi Murekezi charged with "inciting ethnic hatred" by Russian authorities in DPR
https://t.me/tass_agency/149921
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:42:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dbnd] [#16]

View Quote

The media said that the last time Lavrov was bloviating and ran numerous bullshit stories on how Spike transfers were now greenlit.

Since the US taxpayer funded Iron Dome to the tune of several billion dollars, we should send the systems acquired for the US to Ukraine out of principal and fuck what Israel says.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#17]
If the Iranians are sending drones then the Israelis should too.. specifically Harpy's and Harops.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:48:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gentlemanfarmer] [#18]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/A9D6A019-833C-4B63-B9BD-0CFD22C84F00_jpe-2294680.JPG
View Quote

This battle/contact will be stage at the match. Russian spetznaz barricaded in school you have to engage.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#19]

I honestly don't understand that either, they should be familiar with dictators that try to erase a culture and people and have empathy toward those trying to stop it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dbnd:

For all the whining about the snail-pace that German Bureaucracy moves at, they’ve still done more than those worthless cunts who still won’t allow second-hand Spike missiles to be transferred to Ukraine.

I honestly don't understand that either, they should be familiar with dictators that try to erase a culture and people and have empathy toward those trying to stop it.

Because Israeli leadership only cares about Israelis and no one else.  But they play the Holocaust card like no other but don't lift a finger to prevent a new one.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

Because Israeli leadership only cares about Israelis and no one else.  But they play the Holocaust card like no other but don't lift a finger to prevent a new one.
View Quote

I hope I'm skirting the line of a temporary ban with this comment, but in other words they absolutely don't want a second holocaust but don't care much if there is a second holodomor?  What's a little genocide here and there, as long as its not happening to your own?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Going to have to call that drone the "B-5.2"  The Mini-Buff?  An arc-lamp strike?  Help me out here...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack67:

so the bastard is still alive in moscow? thought he was killed
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:22:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

View Quote

Did we see a body?  No?  Then he wasn’t killed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:24:48 AM EDT
[#23]
The Armed Forces of Ukraine destroyed 6 more enemy depots in the Kherson region and hit 2 control points in Chornobaivka

On August 5, the Ukrainian military destroyed six warehouses with enemy ammunition in the Kherson region, as well as another 79 invaders and 30 pieces of equipment. The Armed Forces of Ukraine also struck two Russian control points in Chornobaivka.

During the day, Ukrainian fighters in the south launched 4 air strikes on the cluster of invaders, two strongholds and an ammunition depot in the Beryslav and Kherson districts. And rocket and artillery units performed a number of fire tasks

The Ukrainian military reported that on August 5, they destroyed 79 invaders, 4 T-72 tanks, 2 Msta-S self-propelled howitzers, an artillery installation, a radar station and a command and staff vehicle, 10 armored vehicles and 11 other vehicles.

https://hromadske.ua/posts/zsu-znishili-she-6-vorozhih-skladiv-na-hersonshini-ta-urazili-2-punkti-upravlinnya-v-chornobayivci

Operational information as of 06.00 06.08.2022 on the Russian invasion
Video (Speaker of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Alexander Štupun)
Glory to Ukraine! A hundred and sixty-fourth era of heroic confrontation of the Ukrainian nation to the Russian military invasion has begun.
Russian occupants continue to launch air and missile strikes on military and civilian objects in Ukraine.

In Volyn, Polísʹkomu and síversʹkomu directions without special changes. The enemy has carried out artillery shelling in the areas of the settlements of gai and mihalʹčina sloboda chernihiv region, as well as new guta sumy region.

In the slobožansʹkomu direction, the opponent led defensive combat actions to maintain the occupied borders and prevent the arrival of Ukrainian units. Conducted remote mining of the area.

In the Kharkiv direction, fired from the barrel and jet artillery areas of prudânki, slatinny, nursery, petrívka, korobočkinogo, mospanovogo and zamulívka. Made aviation strikes near upper saltov and lebâžogo.

He led the air reconnaissance of bpla in the areas of Lisne, Nursery, Ryasne, Protopopovka, Pryshib and Norkivka.

In the Slavic direction, the opponent made a fire impact with artillery of different types near mazanívki, Krasnopillâ, suligívki, karnauhívki and virnopíllâ.

In the Donetsk direction, the enemy is conducting an offensive operation, the main efforts are focused on the Bakhmutsky and Avdiiv directions. Applies to assault and army aviation.

In the Kramatorsky direction, there were shellings near Spírnye and Ivano-Daryivka.

In the Bakhmutsʹkomu direction, the enemy of tanks, barrel and jet artillery shelled the areas of the settlements of bahmutsʹke, toretsk, bílogorívka, Krasnopolívka, northern and top. He made air strikes near Zaitsevy, Soledar, Bakhmut and Berestovy.
He led offensive battles in the direction of ковakovlívka - top and kodema - zaitseve, no success, recovered. Leading the attack towards Bakhmut, fighting continues.

In the Avdiiv direction, the opponent fired from barrel and jet artillery near New York, Pervomaisky, Water and Experienced. Made aviation strikes near Novogradsʹkogo, pavlívki and prečistívki. He led the attack in the direction of lozove - nevelʹsʹke, no success, passed away. I have been through a regrouping process.

Hostile shellings from barrel, jet artillery and tanks in the areas of Vugledar, Pavlivka, Shevchenko, Novodanilivka, Free Field, Burlatske, Green Field, Green Guy, Red, Steppe and Time lapse. Tasked avíacíjnih strikes near marí ,nki, malíih čerbakívki, novosílki and temirívki.

The enemy led air reconnaissance of the BPL near Krasnogorivka, Novosilka and Tavriysky.

In the Pívdennobuzʹkomu direction, the opponent is conducting a defensive operation. The primary effort focuses on maintaining occupied areas and assigning maximum losses to Defense Forces units.

The enemy carried out shelling from tanks and different types of artillery in the areas of the settlements of Limany, Pribuzke, Tavriyske, Luch, Mirne, Partizansʹke, Blagodatne, Wide, Kiselivka, Kvitneve, Caucasus, Bila Krynytsia, Bilogirka, Dobryanka, Osokorivka and Nikol aivka. The aviation strikes in the area of andrííívki, as well as the beams of farm and plotnytsky.

Reconnaissance actions of enemies of the UAVA were recorded near Bila Krynytsia, Lower Syrogoz, Lozovoy and Andriivka.

In the Black Sea, the ship grouping of the enemy continues to perform the designated tasks. The threat of missile strikes throughout Ukraine remains.
There are four carriers of winged missiles of marine-based missiles in readiness for the use of high-precision weapons.

We believe in the Armed Forces of Ukraine! Together we will win!

https://www.facebook.com/GeneralStaff.ua/posts/pfbid0kH5UfWq6VxNTx3pmy6eEGB9Y5YdrJa4YB6xPcgNDucD5pShD7cT17GRCMjGS4S3Jl
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:36:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Capta:

View All Quotes

wow, did i trigger you? not saying he was, Just remember seeing an article about Ukraine claimed he was killed
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:41:52 AM EDT
[#25]

wow, did i trigger you? not saying he was, Just remember seeing an article about Ukraine claimed he was killed
View Quote

You did. I still think that was either wishful thinking or Russian misdirection.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:22:04 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Who said I was triggered?  But no body, no death is the rule.  It’s way to easy for Russia to sweep this fuck under the rug by planting the rumor that he was killed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:39:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Friendly_Stranger:
https://i.ibb.co/WBtL305/Koval12.png

You don't come to frontline, frontline come to you!

Ottawa offers $1,337 apiece for AR-15 rifles under mandatory buyback program

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/firearms-buyback-compensation-1.6535385

View Quote

Come on down. We need more like you. Canada is a lost cause. It's warmer here anyway.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:14:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:17:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Ukraine sure is taking there time getting this counteroffensive in full swing, while russia keeps pumping up defenses in the south. Its just going to make it tougher the longer they drag it out
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:24:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MiserableCAresident:

I hope I'm skirting the line of a temporary ban with this comment, but in other words they absolutely don't want a second holocaust but don't care much if there is a second holodomor?  What's a little genocide here and there, as long as its not happening to your own?
View Quote

Well, in all fairness, Ukraine was not exactly a great place for Jews in WW2.  And it's not like the Jews were pretty much left completely to their own devices from 1933-45.  Oh wait, that's exactly what happened.  I can't condone Israel's current lack of moral outrage, but it's certainly comprehensible.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 5:21:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman] [#31]
Ukraine sure is taking there time getting this counteroffensive in full swing, while russia keeps pumping up defenses in the south. Its just going to make it tougher the longer they drag it out
View Quote

Russia keeps shifting forces west of the river, and Ukraine is smart to delay so they can do it. It's so insanely stupid on Russia's part that Ukraine shouldn't interrupt them while they are making a mistake.

And it absolutely is a mistake on Russia's part. No one doubts Ukraine's ability to cut the bridges and make the Kherson pocket an island. Once that happens, resupply is off the table and so is evac of all heavy equipment.

Once those forces are trapped, Ukraine would shift the axis of the counter offensive east - perhaps driving down at Mariupol - and Russia is unavailable to counter using the masses forces that are cut off.

Reinforcement of Kherson has to be political, because it is such a tactical and strategic blunder
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 5:50:10 AM EDT
[#32]

Russia keeps shifting forces west of the river, and Ukraine is smart to delay so they can do it. It's so insanely stupid on Russia's part that Ukraine shouldn't interrupt them while they are making a mistake.

And it absolutely is a mistake on Russia's part. No one doubts Ukraine's ability to cut the bridges and make the Kherson pocket an island. Once that happens, resupply is off the table and so is evac of all heavy equipment.

Once those forces are trapped, Ukraine would shift the axis of the counter offensive east - perhaps driving down at Mariupol - and Russia is unavailable to counter using the masses forces that are cut off.

Reinforcement of Kherson has to be political, because it is such a tactical and strategic blunder
View All Quotes

does Ukraine really want to level the city of Kherson?  that urban fighting is going to be brutal.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 6:03:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman] [#33]

does Ukraine really want to level the city of Kherson?  that urban fighting is going to be brutal.
View All Quotes

Once those forces are trapped, Ukraine would shift the axis of the counter offensive east - perhaps driving down at Mariupol - and Russia is unavailable to counter using the masses forces that are cut off. The real negative is the hardships of the civilians trapped in Kherson with them

They won't have to. Cut off those forces and largely ignore them. Continue picking off command posts and targets of opportunity with guided munitions. The Russians are conscripts fighting a losing war in a foreign country. Cut off and with supplies running low, they'll surrender.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:04:07 AM EDT
[#34]
One mention of Israel and the negative comments come out en masse.  Almost wonder if they have an agenda that's not even associated with Ukraine.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:21:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Friendly_Stranger] [#35]
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:
One mention of Israel and the negative comments come out en masse.  Almost wonder if they have an agenda that's not even associated with Ukraine.

View Quote

Why Would Russia Fire A ‘Syrian’ S-300 Missile At Israeli Jets?

It’s possible Russia was attempting to send a signal to Israel by firing the system for the first time. If so, it wouldn’t be Moscow’s first attempt to signal its desire for Israel to limit its air campaign over Syria.

Russia delivered Syria those S-300s for the first time in 2018 shortly after an incident involving Israel. In September of that year, during an Israeli strike in the western province of Latakia, a vintage Syrian S-200 fired at the Israeli jets hit a Russian Il-20 plane instead, killing all 15 of its crew.

Moscow blamed Israel for the incident, charging that the Israeli jets knowingly and purposely used the Russian plane as cover from Syrian air defenses, imperiling the Russian service members aboard.

In response, Russia delivered S-300 batteries to Syria to upgrade and modernize its antiquated air defenses. Those missiles would, in theory, enable Damascus to hit targets at high altitudes over 100 miles away.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/pauliddon/2022/05/20/why-would-russia-fire-a-syrian-s-300-missile-at-israeli-jets/?sh=35fca5532eb5

Tensions high between Israel, Russia over looming ban of Jewish Agency

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/07/25/israel-russia-jewish-agency-suspension-ukraine/

Russian trolls have been making anti-Semitic posts all over the internet.

Says Tavors won't be banned

goy

shekels

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:33:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Friendly_Stranger] [#36]
Ukraine wants Iron Dome sale from Israel, blasts anti-tank missile refusal

AT ISSUE for Israel, in particular, is the presence of Russian forces in Syria on its northern border, and the continued need to coordinate with Moscow its aerial attacks there against Iranian targets.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-708766

Israel's Iron Dome won't work against Russian missiles - Ukraine's defense minister

“We all know the example of Israel, which protects the sky quite well,” Reznikov said. “We all know the name Iron Dome, but even it does not give 100% protection. In fact, I’ve been to Israel and talked to their manufacturers and state enterprises. Iron Dome was built [for protection] against slow, low-altitude, low-impact missiles that were basically made in garages. Iron Dome does not protect against cruise and ballistic missiles.”

https://www.jpost.com/international/article-711680

Didn't matter anyway.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#37]
North Korea offers to send 100000 North Koreans to help Russia in Ukraine.

https://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-offers-russia-100-202056174.html
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#38]

They won't have to. Cut off those forces and largely ignore them. Continue picking off command posts and targets of opportunity with guided munitions. The Russians are conscripts fighting a losing war in a foreign country. Cut off and with supplies running low, they'll surrender.
View All Quotes

Once those forces are trapped, Ukraine would shift the axis of the counter offensive east - perhaps driving down at Mariupol - and Russia is unavailable to counter using the masses forces that are cut off. The real negative is the hardships of the civilians trapped in Kherson with them

I wonder if they are planning to let Kherson bulk up, then lay siege all winter, while main attack is Nova Kakhovka, and then later Melitopol.

Other thing to keep note is the terrain is much different than Donbas. ATGM will be massively useful. Hopefully Ukraine still has plenty.

Also, I've been in Ukraine in November with 6" of snow on the ground. That's not that far away. It also seemed to me winter came and ended earlier there.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Ukraine wants Iron Dome sale from Israel, blasts anti-tank missile refusal

AT ISSUE for Israel, in particular, is the presence of Russian forces in Syria on its northern border, and the continued need to coordinate with Moscow its aerial attacks there against Iranian targets.

Israel has hesitated to provide Ukraine with any military assistance, even that of a defensive nature, given that it has attempted to maintain ties with both Moscow and Kyiv, serving both sides as a go-between negotoiator.

Korniychuk said that the Iron Dome system is not a weapon, but a tool that will save civilian lives.

“I do not want to call this a weapon,” he said. “I call it protective gear that will protect our civilians. You can not kill with it.”

Korniychuk clarified that his country wanted to purchase the Iron Dome. “We don’t need a donation, we want to buy it,” he said.

Sources say that Israel will unlikely sell the Iron Dome to Ukraine, or any other country, because of regulations signed with the US regarding defense exports, and international obligations to control the country’s defense export market.

Nevertheless, David’s Sling and SPYDER air defense systems that are also manufactured by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems are systems that could be provided.

The SPYDER has already been purchased by several countries, including the Czech Republic and the Philippines. The mobile system incorporates Rafael’s advanced Python-5 and I-Derby missiles to provide short-, medium-, and long-range protection against a range of threats including attack aircraft, cruise missiles, unmanned aerial vehicles, and stand-off weapons.

Using electro-optical observation payload and wireless data link communication, the system can engage multiple threats simultaneously up to 80 km. away in all weather conditions.

When it comes to the Israeli military, Korniychuk said, “we have had zero military-technical cooperation with Israel since the war started.”

Even limited aid such as a request for 20,000 protective vests and helmets was problematic, he said, as Ukraine received only 2,000 helmets and 5,000 vests – which were a grade three and not a grade five, so they were less effective.

Similarly, he said, Israel excels at prosthetic treatment, but has not agreed to treat Ukrainian soldiers who lost arms and legs in the fighting and cannot return to the battlefield, effectively rendering them civilians in need.

“They will not be able to fight, they are just human beings,” Korniychuk said. “We are in discussions with the Health Ministry for more than a month now.”

Korniychuk said he was grateful for the humanitarian assistance Israel has rendered, but that it has simply not been enough, and has not been targeted to address the country’s needs in what is turning into a very protracted war.

“Israel does not owe Ukraine anything,” Korniychuk said. “We are not begging you for help. We do believe that on the moral side, Israel has to take the part of the rest of the Western world and help Ukraine with all possible means.”

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-708766
View Quote

That is unfortunate but Ukraine needs to understand that Isreal doesn't have a history of helping anyone.  So it's not like it's really picking on Ukraine it's just how they are.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:43:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:
One mention of Israel and the negative comments come out en masse.
View Quote

Maybe because Israel's entire behavior in this war has been disgusting?

They've shown clearly that they prioritize the capability to do whatever they want in Syria (and maybe Iran) over everything else.

Everything they've done:

A.) Refusing sales of Iron Dome to Ukraine in the run up to the war in mid to late 2021

B.) Blocking the various Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania) from selling their SPIKE ATGM (bought from Israel) to Ukraine after the Russo-Ukrainian War Started.

[In international arms sales, the country of origin has right of refusal on sales to third parties -- i.e. the US has right of refusal on F-16 sales, i.e. we sell a F-16 to Turkey, and Turkey can't resell that F-16 ten years later to Morocco without US approval]

Has been with the objective of mollifying the Russians, who have been "turning a blind eye" towards the Israeli Air Force (IAF) doing whatever it wants in Syria.

If they sell weapons to Ukraine, Russia may start shooting at/actively challenging Israeli aircraft/drones over Syria.

Geopolitics at the highest levels is generally an ethically challenged game, but this is pretty bad.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Zalensky is more concerned with building statues of gay porn stars and pondering to China than doing what needs to be done. He wants our tax money and our weapons, but then turns around and invites China to rebuild Ukraine. I have friends in Ukraine and have love for a lot of Ukrainians, but their government is total shit and corrupt as fuck. I say we should stop sending them aid packages for a month. Then tell Zalensky that if he wants to deal with China so bad, then let China send pick up the slack. I am sure that will go over well when China can't and won't send shit to them for the sake of pissing off Russia.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:45:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MKSheppard] [#42]
Iron Dome does not protect against cruise and ballistic missiles.”
View All Quotes
Iron Dome does not protect against cruise and ballistic missiles.”

The United States Army disagrees.

https://www.defensenews.com/land/2022/08/02/us-army-completes-second-iron-dome-interceptor-test/

According to the statements, the U.S. Army plans to field the two Iron Dome Defense System-Army batteries as an interim cruise missile defense solution. The service has deployed one Iron Dome system to Guam since the fall of 2021.

Iron Dome is designed for use at fixed and semi-fixed locations to defend against “sub-sonic Cruise Missiles (CM), Groups 2 and 3 Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), and rockets, artillery, and mortar threats,” the statement added, referring to a system by which drones are categorized by weight.

Iron Dome isn't as capable as a full SAM system, no; but it's plenty capable for what it is -- a cheap (below $100,000 per shot) system capable of handling low end aerodynamic threats such as drones, artillery shells, artillery rockets and cruise missiles.

EDIT: More to the point, US money has funded a staggeringly large proportion of Iron Dome production. When you see an Iron Dome missile intercepting a Palestinian rocket over Israel, imagine a stack of US Dollar Bills being set on fire since we paid for that interceptor.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:48:02 AM EDT
[#43]

That is unfortunate but Ukraine needs to understand that Isreal doesn't have a history of helping anyone.  So it's not like it's really picking on Ukraine it's just how they are.
View Quote

They're also preoccupied with Iran.

JULY 18, 2022 06:12
IDF chief Kohavi warns Israel might be required to act against Iran

"Preparing the home front for war is a task that must be accelerated in the coming years, especially in light of the possibility that we will be required to act against the nuclear threat," he said Sunday evening during the change of command of the Homefront Command.

https://www.jpost.com/israeli-news/article-712356

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:51:29 AM EDT
[#44]
North Korea offers to send 100000 North Koreans to help Russia in Ukraine.

https://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-offers-russia-100-202056174.html
View Quote

They won't last long at all in that type of fighting enviroment.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By MKSheppard:

Maybe because Israel's entire behavior in this war has been disgusting?

They've shown clearly that they prioritize the capability to do whatever they want in Syria (and maybe Iran) over everything else.

Everything they've done:

A.) Refusing sales of Iron Dome to Ukraine in the run up to the war in mid to late 2021

B.) Blocking the various Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania) from selling their SPIKE ATGM (bought from Israel) to Ukraine after the Russo-Ukrainian War Started.

[In international arms sales, the country of origin has right of refusal on sales to third parties -- i.e. the US has right of refusal on F-16 sales, i.e. we sell a F-16 to Turkey, and Turkey can't resell that F-16 ten years later to Morocco without US approval]

Has been with the objective of mollifying the Russians, who have been "turning a blind eye" towards the Israeli Air Force (IAF) doing whatever it wants in Syria.

If they sell weapons to Ukraine, Russia may start shooting at/actively challenging Israeli aircraft/drones over Syria.

Geopolitics at the highest levels is generally an ethically challenged game, but this is pretty bad.
View Quote

How is Israel disgusting if they're worried about Russia shooting at their planes?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:00:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Friendly_Stranger] [#46]
look at how bad the comments section is on zerohedge. It's like Canadian gun nutz

Russia Fired On Israeli Jets Over Syria In "One-Off": Israel's Defense Chief
BY TYLER DURDEN
WEDNESDAY, JUL 27, 2022 - 04:15 AM

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russia-fired-israeli-jets-over-syria-one-israels-defense-chief

U.S. Accuses Zero Hedge of Spreading Russian Propaganda

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-15/us-accuses-financial-website-of-spreading-russian-propaganda
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:22:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By MKSheppard:

The United States Army disagrees.

https://www.defensenews.com/land/2022/08/02/us-army-completes-second-iron-dome-interceptor-test/

Iron Dome isn't as capable as a full SAM system, no; but it's plenty capable for what it is -- a cheap (below $100,000 per shot) system capable of handling low end aerodynamic threats such as drones, artillery shells, artillery rockets and cruise missiles.

EDIT: More to the point, US money has funded a staggeringly large proportion of Iron Dome production. When you see an Iron Dome missile intercepting a Palestinian rocket over Israel, imagine a stack of US Dollar Bills being set on fire since we paid for that interceptor.
View Quote

That's not  burning, that's called Return on Investment.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:31:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Another one for the trolls

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dbnd:

For all the whining about the snail-pace that German Bureaucracy moves at, they’ve still done more than those worthless cunts who still won’t allow second-hand Spike missiles to be transferred to Ukraine.

90% of Arfcom want American leaders to also do that. Israel is kind of self focused/careful after their history.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I believe their plan is to cut off Kherson and the mass of Russians there.
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2262 of 5589)
Top Top