Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2143 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Europe divided, half aren’t interested in more aid for the summer of 2022 and are preferring spring of 2023 timetable https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2022/06/29/ukraine-wants-to-win-today-the-west-is-looking-at-2023-00043087https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/57178719-A6AA-4D0F-B2AE-CEE3EA4F21B6_jpe-2435367.JPG
View Quote

Have they called Vlad and told him they need a timeout?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Cruise missile. Not ballistic.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:29:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Kagetora:

Bart Strategery
View Quote

@Kagetora wish I could add music to images for the George Parton soundtrack Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Have they called Vlad and told him they need a timeout?
View Quote

Probably called to ask for winter heating oil
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:
Didn't see this one posted so dropping it here.  Interesting final comments about not knowing which countries will have the same leadership in a few years and how policy might change.  It highlights how ignorant comments by our idiot president can change the world.

ETA: Realized that not everyone knew Brandon, at the NATO summit, was saying that Ukraine couldn't possibly win.
View Quote

What exactly did that retard say?  I must have missed it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Italy to send 5 more PzH2000s.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/vneugc/italy_is_sending_5_pzh2000s_to_ukraine_source_in/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Norway to send three older M270s to Britian, who will send on three new M270s to Ukraine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/vnbd2n/norway_will_transfer_to_ukraine_3_mlrs_m270/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:

View Quote

I posted comments 2 pages back - short version Zelensky sucks, Ukraine isn’t retaking shit
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:56:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Circuits] [#8]
Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
View Quote

Nodak_Cruffler is very *concerned* that Ukraine can't win and should bend over and take it to stop the killing so Papa Puti doesn't hurt 'em more badder.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#9]
All:

When requesting information about a retard, please specify which one.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:01:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#10]
Sniper takes out one, possibly more troops of advancing DPR/LPR squad.  Very cool footage.
???????, ???? ????????? ???????? ?? ????, ? ????? ?????? ?????????
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:06:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#11]
Originally Posted By Capta:
Sniper takes out one, possibly more troops of advancing DPR/LPR squad.  Very cool footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbQ5HjkLICU
View Quote

After the first shot, it looks like he starts firing in rapid succession on that clump of troops. Right?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Prime:
All:

When requesting information about a retard, please specify which one.

Thanks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:09:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#13]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

After the first shot, it looks like he starts firing in rapid succeeding on that clump of troops. Right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

After the first shot, it looks like he starts firing in rapid succeeding on that clump of troops. Right?

Yea, I counted 7 shots when the video ended.  All in a line, closely bunched.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Great find. That’ll be a training video.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#17]
So far I’m not seeing major financial or material commitments, it’s not concluded but I don’t get the sense much will be forthcoming and the Baltics to my surprise basically got told to pound sand.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:45:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#19]
The timing on these statements from the White House and now US Intel has got to be infuriating for Zelensky given the results in Madrid so far. Looks like rest of 2022 will be difficult on all levels for Ukraine  https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-still-wants-most-ukraine-171157322.htmlAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#20]
So far I’m not seeing major financial or material commitments, it’s not concluded but I don’t get the sense much will be forthcoming and the Baltics to my surprise basically got told to pound sand.
View Quote

It's almost if Nato et al is daring Putin to walk into Poland.  If they keep it up they may actually have to put up or shut up about article 5.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#21]
The timing on these statements from the White House and now US Intel has got to be infuriating for Zelensky given the results in Madrid so far. Looks like rest of 2022 will be difficult on all levels for Ukraine  https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-still-wants-most-ukraine-171157322.htmlhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/63A6EE8E-0409-41AD-BA37-2F88B179989E_jpe-2435462.JPG
View Quote

Biden can't use it as a excuse any longer.

This is his weakness on display. its gotten tough and requires tough decisions, and he's ready to cut his losses and run. he'll shift, the media will shift and support will shift.

this is what putin was counting on.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#22]
RU supply truck being redistributed.

"Video from the camera of one of the foreign mercenaries in Severodonetsk.

The footage was taken some time ago, most of the mercenaries were destroyed, some were able to escape. At the moment, the city is under the complete control of Russian troops."

Lysychansk
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:00:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#23]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

This is his weakness on display. its gotten tough and requires tough decisions, and he's ready to cut his losses and run. he'll shift, the media will shift and support will shift.

View Quote

Supposedly the White House is terrified of another “Afghanistan withdrawal” moment which may be why the air defense is being procured - its badly needed by Ukraine but the big problem beyond equipment is just artillery ammunition or ammunition generally and  I’ll keep looking but so far i don’t see that being mentioned or addressed by any NATO members in Madrid. The piecemeal ad hoc delivery that’s been ongoing if continued will have ramifications for Kiev sooner than later. I’m not saying the sky is falling but I don’t see a way for Ukraine to be successful on counteroffensive operations without it. Even with the longer range assets it’s finally received. Not enough ammo and any delay in air defense transfers will just compound these issues.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

It's almost if Nato et al is daring Putin to walk into Poland.  If they keep it up they may actually have to put up or shut up about article 5.
View Quote

Baltics. They appear to have been denied their requests. Britain will add 1,000 more personnel for Estonia and Biden will “enhance” the very tiny battalion sized units there but no armored brigades are on the table that the 3 Baltic nations want. They were hoping for divisions sized units but that’s not happening.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#25]
The timing on these statements from the White House and now US Intel has got to be infuriating for Zelensky given the results in Madrid so far. Looks like rest of 2022 will be difficult on all levels for Ukraine  https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-still-wants-most-ukraine-171157322.htmlhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/63A6EE8E-0409-41AD-BA37-2F88B179989E_jpe-2435462.JPG
View Quote

Ukraine has massive public support in the US. These headlines are more damaging to Biden than Ukraine. It will have Congress putting a fire under the President's ass to do more.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I made a thread on this topic but GD yawned and nobody posted to it. Anyway 5th corps will move from Kansas to Poland permanently and instead of 1 armored brigade Poland now gets an airborne or air assault brigade plus an armored brigade as well as an aviation brigade {helicopter unit} from now on for Operation Atlantic Resolve at $4 billion a year. Romania will get upgrade from a couple battalions to a full brigade. So the Baltics are where NATO will have very little. Russia as shitty as it is can overrun those tiny countries. At this time Moscow says they plan to add 12 new units to their western district bordering the Baltics and missiles to counter Finland. The Russians are scrapping over the arctic with Canada and Norway now. That’s why the 11th airborne division got reactivated in Alaska. That and China.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Ukraine has massive public support in the US. These headlines are more damaging to Biden than Ukraine. It will have Congress putting a fire under the President's ass to do more.
View Quote

Correct. Now go on to social media and make a fuss about how Biden is leaving the Ukrainians to be killed like he did with the Afghans. That’ll upset swing voters.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#28]
The Baltics are a shitty place to make a stand. I feel for them but Poland is where the Army needs to be.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

We’ll have to see. Russia believes the November election will produce a Congress more worried about inflation, a recession and domestic issues. Ukraine wants summer success and to avoid a winter continuance. Moscow wants a winter continuance hoping Europe caves over sanctions because of heating oil for a cold winter.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

https://nypost.com/2022/06/28/biden-jokes-he-may-not-return-from-spain-as-approval-ratings-dip/
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Who is going to be Ukraine's Charlie Wilson?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
The Baltics are a shitty place to make a stand. I feel for them but Poland is where the Army needs to be.
View Quote

I can count on one hand the times I’ve been wrong for my military predictions since 2012 but I got this one wrong. I expected brigade sized US deployments but I guess the optempo and shortage of armored and Stryker brigades precluded that. The Army is going to need to get its NTC rotations up and somehow afford buying enough shit to convert at least 1 brigade to armor, probably 4th ID? As well as add another Armor and Stryker or 2 brigade to the National Guard. I’m not savvy enough to know aviation requirements but I believe they’re optempo is stressed and there’s a pilot shortage.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:22:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#33]

We'll have to see. Russia believes the November election will produce a Congress more worried about inflation, a recession and domestic issues. Ukraine wants summer success and to avoid a winter continuance. Moscow wants a winter continuance hoping Europe caves over sanctions because of heating oil for a cold winter.
View All Quotes

We'll have to see. Russia believes the November election will produce a Congress more worried about inflation, a recession and domestic issues. Ukraine wants summer success and to avoid a winter continuance. Moscow wants a winter continuance hoping Europe caves over sanctions because of heating oil for a cold winter.

I don't know. We'll see I guess
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:
View Quote

We’ll if that ends up happening I’ll get more use out of this gif
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Lol the window lickers are out in th thread now.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I’ve been saying for years that the Army was headed to the middle. Heavier infantry and lighter armored units. And oops now it matters.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#37]

We’ll if that ends up happening I’ll get more use out of this gif https://y.yarn.co/4dc5f8ee-0028-4d8f-a35d-5a19dc09914e_text.gif
View All Quotes

We’ll if that ends up happening I’ll get more use out of this gif https://y.yarn.co/4dc5f8ee-0028-4d8f-a35d-5a19dc09914e_text.gif

Charlie Wilson didn't ask to put US soldiers on the ground, he just advocated for military weapons, Stingers, to help take down the Soviets.  Don't get the Vietnam vibe at all.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

? That’s Turkey. Slovenia I believe supplies Ukraine with MIG 29 but I’m unaware of any White House willingness to provide fixed wing aircraft to Ukraine. California Air National Guard general recently affirmed Ukraine pilots are capable of operating 4th Gen fighters in an interview recently.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Charlie Wilson didn't ask to put US soldiers on the ground, he just advocated for military weapons, Stingers, to help take down the Soviets.  Don't get the Vietnam vibe at all.
View Quote

Guerilla warfare joke
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Königsberg is the key. NATO needs to prepare to strike offensively against it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:36:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Scott] [#41]
Originally Posted By swede1986:

View Quote

Absolutely.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Yeah, plus this is all my preliminary read of what’s transpired at the meetings so far. Maybe some new info drops or who knows. Like I said the sky isn’t falling, it’s just not clear and sunny at this time.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Biden has offered absolutely shit for leadership on the Ukraine issue, from the very beginning. Aside from the initial out-loud, arm-waving warning that invasion was imminent, the US has been extremely lax in material support. Forget the money, they need armor, ammo, aircraft, and Biden/Blinken have slow-rolled all of it.

Remember about 2000 pages ago when we talked about the relative value of getting some Ukrainian pilots & crews trained up on F16s? Yeah, if it were me in the White House, I would have had those Ukrainians at some remote Air National Guard base (with the Guard kicked out) for intensive training starting last January. Yeah, I know, it takes -this much- training & practice to get proficiency.

And the waffling on HIMARS was just . I would have had that ramping up about March 1 with 20-30 systems, along with loads of artillery.

Putin was going to win with a lightning decapitation strike, or wait out external support. Either way, he wins.

Those stupid comments by a US President with senile dementia are awful. That's Zelensky watching his biggest potential ally giving up on his whole country. What a gut punch. And Z knows they can't win without massive external support.

Another thing to consider: Ukraine's east contains much of the heavy industry. With Russia taking that over, there won't be another chance to regain anything once Russia digs in and fighting stops. Ukraine wins now, or ends forever.

FVP. FUCK Vladimir Putin. And fuck every Russian (and American) pig who supports him.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

I have a feeling that if Putin did something stupid with Lithuania toward Kaliningrad, the Poles would be putting up their flag in the city before the rest of NATO could agree on what to do. At least, I hope they would. Politicians in Brussels aren't adept or adroit enough to deal with critical moments on the ground. But the eastern members of NATO would lead by default. I hope.

Make Kaliningrad Konigsberg again!
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:58:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NY12ga] [#45]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

I have a feeling that if Putin did something stupid with Lithuania toward Kaliningrad, the Poles would be putting up their flag in the city before the rest of NATO could agree on what to do. At least, I hope they would. Politicians in Brussels aren't adept or adroit enough to deal with critical moments on the ground. But the eastern members of NATO would lead by default. I hope.

Make Kaliningrad Konigsberg again!
View Quote

Maybe.  Primary goal would be to keep pressure off Lithuania, tho.   And help them recover territory that might get overrun in the initial invasion.

Would probably amount to the same thing as the Russians would be launching attacks out of Kaliningrad at that point, anyways.

Where it gets kinda spicy is the nukes.   I presume Russia has nukes in Kaliningrad?     So on the one hand, the last thing they want to do is lose nukes without using them.  Signals weakness that they can't really afford.  But on the other hand, using them is a recipe for retaliation in kind.  And they'd lose Kaliningrad anyways.

I don't think they're going to attack Lithuania precisely for this reason.   There is no scenario where they would "win" by doing so.   Their options would be to lose Kaliningrad and exchange some nukes in the process or lose Kaliningrad while establishing precedence that Russia is willing to lose territory that even has nukes on it without using them.

IMO.   Which is worth exactly as much as you paid for it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#47]
The Germans have done nothing for it, make it Królewiec and let the Poles have it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#48]
I think maybe Poland should annex East Prussia, then have a referendum on what kind of status people there want. Some people, anyway. That's a legit thing, right?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Italy to send 5 more PzH2000s.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/vneugc/italy_is_sending_5_pzh2000s_to_ukraine_source_in/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Norway to send three older M270s to Britian, who will send on three new M270s to Ukraine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/vnbd2n/norway_will_transfer_to_ukraine_3_mlrs_m270/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
View Quote

Ukrainians fight like russians. They need thousands more artillery pieces, not 2 or 3 more.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Bakelite47:

Ukrainians fight like russians. They need thousands more artillery pieces, not 2 or 3 more.
View Quote

You’re right about what they need, but I don’t think it’s fair to say they fight like Russians. More like somewhere in between.
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2143 of 5589)
Top Top