Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1941 of 5588)
Page / 5588
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Either Russia is retarded, or they know something we don't. Saying you're gonna go after Poland when you can't even take Ukraine is.   ...
View Quote

I think they are trying to start something to justify war, chemical weapons, tactical nukes. But they have to start it first.

"See? We told you NATO wants to wipe out the people of russia."
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

I think Ukraine wins public opinion by staying defensive but it's not like Russia shouldn't feel pain or fear. Their sons are shelling apartments, schools and hospitals.
View Quote

My wife was reading some quotes from people of Belgarod where they were saying they are unhappy that they have to worry about the special operation effecting them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Yea, the images are taken from one of the drones, there were more kills further down the line, but I didn't see any BDA posted on those yet.   The drone footage shows bodies and Russians running like hell.   To try and put this together, look at the craters, lots of artillery, and from the Ukrainian reports actual Ukrainian air force participation, so I figure dumb bombs from Su-25's etc.
View Quote

Would love to see the video
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:41:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CleverNickname] [#4]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Fuck it youtube shorts fucking suck for embeds

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9FhRt_BmF5M
View Quote

Take the video ID https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9FhRt_BmF5M and put it in the standard Youtube URL format (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FhRt_BmF5M) and it'll embed just fine.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#5]
United Kingdom's MOD daily update for 5/13 as posted on FB.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sq40:
Video,

Huge next generation cargo drones offered to the US Marine Corps.
The 'KARGO UAV' self-deploys beyond 500 nautical miles and carries up to 800 pounds of payload. via PERMANENTLY_REMOVED

View Quote

I just don't get why powering 4 rotors is preferable to wings which I would think would be a lot more efficient for carrying stuff. Obviously I don't get it. I would think wings would give more range and more cargo weight.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Sokarul:

So a Russian town getting shelled?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sokarul:
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Belgorod getting shelled:

So a Russian town getting shelled?

Appears to be a cluster munition off the mark. Not arty.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#8]

I think Ukraine wins public opinion by staying defensive but it's not like Russia shouldn't feel pain or fear. Their sons are shelling apartments, schools and hospitals.
View All Quotes

Ukraine should announce all over the news for Russian workers to stop working in that city on defense infrastructure and also tell them to stay away from military, logistics, etc points as they will soon be destroyed.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Russian officer posts video of his unit being attacked, from his captured cellphone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/up3h1k/russian_soldier_of_the_42nd_guards_motor_rifle/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Full video of his conversation and such here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIZIspwem2s
View Quote

Wow. The Russians are dumb fucks.

Driving forward as your gun doesn’t work and you’re observing all your buddies blown up around you.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Driving forward as your gun doesn’t work and you’re observing all your buddies blown up around you.
View All Quotes
Russian officer posts video of his unit being attacked, from his captured cellphone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/up3h1k/russian_soldier_of_the_42nd_guards_motor_rifle/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Full video of his conversation and such here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIZIspwem2s

Yea, and this is a higher ranking guy.  The other video shows info from his phone, it's sad.  Especially when he helps his drunk uncle onto his bed and he pees himself...
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Meanwhile, back in Russia...

"Priests of the Russian Orthodox Church consecrate "Satan""

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-13_12-59-32_jpg-2382553.JPG
View Quote
Before or after they butt-fuck each other?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:10:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

True, I guess those breeds are for people with allergies?https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/3662B86F-0439-48B8-AE5C-C56963B779B7_jpe-2382569.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Not as bad as those hairless ones.

True, I guess those breeds are for people with allergies?https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/3662B86F-0439-48B8-AE5C-C56963B779B7_jpe-2382569.JPG
There are cats with fur that are also good for those with allergies
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#16]

https://www.facebook.com/butusov.yuriy/posts/7665926486780914

The village of bílogorívka is completely under the control of zsu. There is not a single healthy house in the village. Lots of homes destroyed to the ground. A broken pipeline is on fire at the entrance. Artillery shelling prevents aid to local residents hiding in basements and do not want to leave the village. Hopefully, after the Russian troops left their placdarm and escaped to the other side of the Siversky Donets. Belogorivka is Ukraine. And will always be Ukraine.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#17]

“Russia has begun clearing the rubble of the Mariupol Drama Theatre, which was bombed by Russian aircraft in March. A May 12 satellite image shows white trucks that may be refrigerated trucks to collect the bodies of dead civilians.”
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"The T-72M1 delivered by the Poles for the Armed Forces of Ukraine are being tested in the Krivoy Rog region (Dnipropetrovsk region, Ukraine)"

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-13_02-48-15_jpg-2382565.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-13_02-48-16_jpg-2382566.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-13_02-48-17_jpg-2382567.JPG
View Quote

No feathered wings, I suppose those are reserved for the home team that would go balls-out if given the chance.   Kosciuszko!
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Macron is a cheese eating surrender monkey. Fuck him. Putin has already been humiliated, his military is shit. The general officers that aren’t being  killed are being fired or arrested. If he wants to save face he should shoot himself in it.  Russia is a laughingstock thanks to him. He needs to deal with it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By weptek911:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
Macron suggested Ukraine give up some of its sovereignty to allow Putin to save face, says Zelensky - 5/13/22 New Voice of Ukraine (I actually covered this months ago here and posed the question: I wonder if Macron would give up French territory like New Caledonia to their separatists.)

Macron is a cheese eating surrender monkey. Fuck him. Putin has already been humiliated, his military is shit. The general officers that aren’t being  killed are being fired or arrested. If he wants to save face he should shoot himself in it.  Russia is a laughingstock thanks to him. He needs to deal with it.

Ukraine should take Belgorod and annex it. Then let Russia negotiate to have that piece of Ukrainian territory so they can claim victory after withdrawing from Crimea and Donbas.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I just don't get why powering 4 rotors is preferable to wings which I would think would be a lot more efficient for carrying stuff. Obviously I don't get it. I would think wings would give more range and more cargo weight.
View All Quotes
Video,

The 'KARGO UAV' self-deploys beyond 500 nautical miles and carries up to 800 pounds of payload. via PERMANENTLY_REMOVED

I think precision VTOL, with the ability to rapidly touch down and take off are the key.  Plus, these are so maneuverable, they can fly an erratic pattern that can’t be easily countered with AA or enemy fire.  They can also fly into enclosed spaces like hangar doors, warehouses, etc, so they can go directly into cover if needed.

These would make perfect air ambulances too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By XJ:

No feathered wings, I suppose those are reserved for the home team that would go balls-out if given the chance.   Kosciuszko!
View Quote

Wings may have been attached to their mounts, but it's the Hussars that saved the day.
SABATON - Winged Hussars (Official Lyric Video)

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Wings make it tough to hover, back up, go sideways, don't need a runway.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

He was the commander.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#24]

I think precision VTOL, with the ability to rapidly touch down and take off are the key.  Plus, these are so maneuverable, they can fly an erratic pattern that can’t be easily countered with AA or enemy fire.  They can also fly into enclosed spaces like hangar doors, warehouses, etc, so they can go directly into cover if needed.

View All Quotes
Video,

That's a benefit, clearly, but the real reason is that a quad copter has no control surfaces.  It's batteries, motors, ESCs and a flight controller built around commodity embedded CPUs with commodity (cell phone) MEMS based gyro/accelerometers.

They're really really simple and have drastically reduced failure modes compared to any fixed wing.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I’m looking forward to some live music tomorrow.

https://fainemisto.com.ua/en/
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

He was the commander.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

He was the commander.

I posted the 25 minute mini-documentary with the rest of his videos a couple pages ago or search for The Occupant on YT. About half is just drunken Russian shenanigans and it is close captioned in English.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View Quote
Nice story
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

From sniper to tank commander/owner with multiple tank kills. Metal as fuck.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

I posted the 25 minute mini-documentary with the rest of his videos a couple pages ago or search for The Occupant on YT. About half is just drunken Russian shenanigans and it is close captioned in English.
View Quote

I saw that. He did not appear to take his training seriously, and drank too much. "Pride of russia", lol.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Reminds me of 'Bun Bun' the atomic tank from the John Ringo 'Posleen war' series.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ImaginaryTanks/comments/mbcjg2/bunbun_the_sheva9_from_john_ringos_posleen_war/
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Yea, and this is a higher ranking guy.  The other video shows info from his phone, it's sad.  Especially when he helps his drunk uncle onto his bed and he pees himself...
View Quote
Watched the whole thing to get an idea into the mindset. Basically, drink yourself blind daily, find more reasons to drink, procreate, drink, make an ass of yourself regularly while drunk. Get called up for duty without a clue as to how to perform your duties, get lucky and get captured instead of being turned to burger while out doing orc shit.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:03:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XJ] [#32]
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:

Wings may have been attached to their mounts, but it's the Hussars that saved the day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcYhYO02f98
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcYhYO02f98

Just saying...

https://www.nps.gov/thko/learn/historyculture/kosciuszkobio.htm

He was known for his bravery, kindness, patriotism, likeability, and unwavering strength of character.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

A few observations:
- Impossible to tell if it's fake. It could very easily be fake.
- Impossible to tell if it's actually Belgorod.
- Impossible to tell where the shells (if real) are coming from and who fired them

Information value: low to non-existent

Conclusion: propaganda
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:09:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#34]
Nice story
View All Quotes
Nice story

"Holy shit! You see that fuckin' turret come apart, man?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:10:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Anyone who is not down with the current 'Bear Trap' situation of Ukraine grinding up Russia with US hardware is retarded.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/78269202/this-is-the-best-trade-deal-in-the-history-of-trade-deals-maybe-ever.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Nothing special, just a really cool photo.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:15:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Capta:

They’ve been very up front from the beginning that they aren’t stopping at Ukraine.  All depends on how far Putin is willing to go to salvage his ego, and how far will the Russian elites let him go?
Their pre-war conventional army is pretty fucked up at this point, but there are signs they’re starting a stealth mobilization.
I personally think that (unless Putin is overthrown) they will nuke Ukraine and Poland.  Then their reserves and new draftees attack Poland and forces in Ukraine go on the offensive.  They will threaten an all-out release while they do this to see who blinks.
I mean, hopefully not, but Putin is taking Russia over the deep end with him.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
From Russian state media...

The State Duma Proposed To Put Poland In Line For Denazification

"Deputy Morozov: the words of the Polish authorities encourage her to be put in line for denazification"

Either Russia is retarded, or they know something we don't. Saying you're gonna go after Poland when you can't even take Ukraine is.   ...

They’ve been very up front from the beginning that they aren’t stopping at Ukraine.  All depends on how far Putin is willing to go to salvage his ego, and how far will the Russian elites let him go?
Their pre-war conventional army is pretty fucked up at this point, but there are signs they’re starting a stealth mobilization.
I personally think that (unless Putin is overthrown) they will nuke Ukraine and Poland.  Then their reserves and new draftees attack Poland and forces in Ukraine go on the offensive.  They will threaten an all-out release while they do this to see who blinks.
I mean, hopefully not, but Putin is taking Russia over the deep end with him.

Err... if they do this, there will be a full nuclear exchange. They won't have to threaten one. They let one nuke fly against a NATO country and all the nukes will fly. It's national suicide. Are they that crazy? Possibly. If Putin has cancer and his days are numbered he might not give a shit if he starts a nuclear war, but even he isn't all powerful in Russia.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:16:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R0N] [#38]
Originally Posted By sergtjim:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/264818/Artillery_Shot_jpg-2382989.JPG
View Quote

Cool picture, you can see the shims fall off the laser guided mortar round as the guidance fins deploy.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Putin can save face if he puts the 9x18 round through his mouth instead of the side of his head.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:23:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#40]

Ukraine should take Belgorod and annex it. Then let Russia negotiate to have that piece of Ukrainian territory so they can claim victory after withdrawing from Crimea and Donbas.
View Quote

Lmao that’s what I was thinking the other day. Take it and other cities nearby. Be like ok bitches let’s trade.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Well, this thread just keeps going in circles, doesn't it?

We were discussing cargo drones earlier, and I tend to agree, these quads/octos make snappy videos but I doubt their efficacy. The KMAX (a real heli by Kaman) is a total different load class than even the largest octo-copter, and the endurance of something on batteries has to be shit.

The plywood cargo gliders I posted about earlier in the thread could be lifted by helicopter and dropped, and then glide up to 80km. Besides being cheap enough to be disposable, the number of cycles you could get out of one helicopter climbing to altitude to release drones is WAY better.

Sling 5-6 drones, climb, release, drones glide to 5-6 individual target points, meanwhile helicopter lands, rinse and repeat, without the helicopter ever needing to go far from the loading point.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

We were discussing cargo drones earlier, and I tend to agree, these quads/octos make snappy videos but I doubt their efficacy. The KMAX (a real heli by Kaman) is a total different load class than even the largest octo-copter, and the endurance of something on batteries has to be shit.

The plywood cargo gliders I posted about earlier in the thread could be lifted by helicopter and dropped, and then glide up to 80km. Besides being cheap enough to be disposable, the number of cycles you could get out of one helicopter climbing to altitude to release drones is WAY better.

Sling 5-6 drones, climb, release, drones glide to 5-6 individual target points, meanwhile helicopter lands, rinse and repeat, without the helicopter ever needing to go far from the loading point.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

The large quadcopter is also by Kaman. They even show the K-MAX autonomous cargo helicopters in the video as they sling loads from the ship. They are just advertising another capability which, presumably, is complementary to what the K-MAX brings to the fight. Of course, a CGI rendered commercial is hardly proof of the quadcopter's effectiveness.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Balu:

The large quadcopter is also by Kaman. They even show the K-MAX autonomous cargo helicopters in the video as they sling loads from the ship. They are just advertising another capability which, presumably, is complementary to what the K-MAX brings to the fight. Of course, a CGI rendered commercial is hardly proof of the quadcopter's effectiveness.
View Quote

I watched it, I follow. I still tend to lean toward your latter point.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote
No wonder the Poles hate the Russians. Shame I never got to meet my GGF/GGM Niedzwiedz, bet they had something to say. They were from Galicia which no longer exists. Married in Krakow if memory serves me correctly.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By sergtjim:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/264818/Artillery_Shot_jpg-2382989.JPG
View Quote

"Ukrainians are bad guys for parking weapons in urban areas!"

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:57:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: batjka104] [#49]
Russian forces storming a Ukrainian trench (might have to copy and paste into a browser, it does not come up when clicking):

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/mcJWa3odLuA
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5588
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1941 of 5588)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top