Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1256 of 5584)
Page / 5584
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By x248716x:

you think he's gonna be an asset, or a liability?  maybe they can keep him in-the-rear-with-the-gear filling sandbags, loading mags.
View Quote

See, this is the problem that I keep seeing especially from non former military. I was just talking to a young guy who was all worked up about how americans showing up should be getting assigned all the best gear and sent to the front to kill russians. This is a war zone. There are millions of refugees who need food. The entire nation has been mobilized and needs gear. Tons of volunteers are also showing up. While the place is being bombed.
If I personally was to show up it would be with everything I needed to survive in that climate while living in a building that is nothing more that a shell to keep the rain off me. And I would expect at least at first to be digging defensive positions and filling sandbags while surviving on just enough food and water without a shower or heat. That's probably reality. Digging trenches and filling sandbags is necessary. It saves lives. This shit is serious. It's not a video game. It's not an opportunity to prove who you are. Bring a fucking gas mask. If you need something more than a little rice, you better bring it. And you better be ready to get your hands dirty and help with whatever is needed. Leave you hopes and dreams at home. It might be the last time you ever see home.
Sorry for the rant. They are making me crazy.
"You need me to dig ditches? Cool. Where is a shovel? No shovels? Cool, I'll find a stick or something. Where is the busted up building where I will be trying to sleep? Let me know if you find a gun for me."
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

In Putin's head, Russia's very existence is already threatened. All he has to do is proclaim it and that justifies launching nukes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By feetpiece:
Originally Posted By Chokey:

Does that include being canceled by the Planet?

In Putin's head, Russia's very existence is already threatened. All he has to do is proclaim it and that justifies launching nukes.

I doubt it's just Master P in a bunker and if their ruling class perceives their wealth is in jeopardy the Russian Federation will likely have to be put down before things get out of hand. I wouldn't be shocked that a preemptive strike ends this charade.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
Looks like Russia is preparing to pull out of their Embassy in Poland.  They are burning documents.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By CGC:

I hear there is a nice forest there...
View Quote

Someone gets it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
She seems very high maintenance
View Quote

I'd give her an oil change and lube...
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CurseOfKatyn:

View Quote

Yeah, well THIS time it's the really really bad sanctions that russia is really going to care about.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

I agree completely.  This thread has not required too much babysitting.  
View Quote

I want a juicebox.  Give me a juicebox NOW.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Nukes in 30?

Seriously, my first thought is that they're about to do something that'll piss off poland, very badly.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Bet they use nukes then chemical
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like Russia is preparing to pull out of their Embassy in Poland.  They are burning documents.

View Quote
I doubt RU is stupid enough to roll on PL, but I can see them bombing supply depots .mil command & support locations close to the border. The Poles are topping off their fighter jets, and double checking their payloads just in case RU wants to fuck around & find out.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97971/885D7E0F-4F9B-41E4-9385-AD0588620719_jpe-2322598.JPG

At least we know they aren't nuking Warsaw.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:46:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Birddog1911] [#12]
Probably a good chance of propaganda, but sounds like the numbers might not be too far off.

ETA: tweet said comparison of Afghan war to Ukraine war.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

It sounds like someone is beating the drums of war.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

View Quote

HEY! Why he is HE getting a juicebox! I want a juicebox!
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Big booms.

Translation-Residential areas of #Kramatorsk (Oblast of #Donetsk ) bombed by the Russians.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:51:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#16]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
Probably a good chance of propaganda, but sounds like the numbers might not be too far off.

ETA: tweet said comparison of Afghan war to Ukraine war.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOemor3WQAY3qDB?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

That sounds way far off to me.

ETA- I just saw your edit. I obviously can't read Ukrainian and don't pay enough attention to flags.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By eesmith:

Cool, good luck with everything going forward.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tboy:

I mean if you're complaining about poor fundraising, then turn down three different people with big followings that specifically are interested in boosting you for donations, then you no longer get to complain about not raising money, because raising money effectively means getting into the limelight.

I also didn't ask you for help, I DM'd you to OFFER help.

I went to Ukraine because at the beginning of the war my American expat friend in Yavoriv asked for help, and gave me a list of specific medical items they needed. The equipment I took over ended up being split between Father Roman at the Garrison Church for distribution to their guys, and Yavoriv. The latter ended up being put to use after the air strike there, so it already has been put to good use. We've also set up a 501 and have sourced armor from Poland and IFAKs from Slovakia.

Yes, I also facilitated several journalists getting good, tear-jerking and emotional stories out, which if you've paid attention to the information war you will understand how much that has mattered so far.

You've been offered actual material help with your objectives, yet all I've seen you do so far is sulk like a child and post pictures of you screaming like an unhinged lunatic at the journalists that came to help you get Ukraine's story out.

I never got a response to this:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214740/587AA17D-E848-487B-A10A-DD87CDC883CB-2322458.jpg

So, I guess it is kosher now to start posting PMs?  Gotcha.

Also, you assumed that I read you PM but didn't even look at it until you messaged me again.  I just don't want to be associated with you because I don't want to be sucked into your circus, especially with a trans person coming to a country where this is frowned upon and folks laugh at you (Ukrainians will be nice in your face but laugh at you behind your back).

Cool, good luck with everything going forward.

You’re a fucking saint. I mean that seriously, not snarky. Stay safe and thank you for doing what you’re doing.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Looks like C3P0 with a cunt
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:
Ukrainian tycoon and politician's glamorous wife 'carried $29million in CASH through a refugee border crossing into the EU'

Money was spotted by Hungarian customs in baggage of Anastasia Kotvitska. Criminal probe launched into failure to declare removal of sum from Ukraine

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636721-10637997-image-a-22_1647914213773.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636767-10637997-image-a-25_1647914438107.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636719-10637997-image-m-24_1647914407373.jpg

More

Looks like C3P0 with a cunt
I'll bet she's a complete dud in the sack as well. The "glamorous" ones always are
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Makes you wonder who Tboy is... or more appropriately WHAT he is. He has raised my eyebrows more than once and Beretta hit the nail on the head many ways.
View Quote

TBoy was my neighbor before he retired from his solid professional job, sold his house and moved to Ukraine to marry. Quite many Texas HTF members also know him for well more than a decade.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Logistics of Russian POW's may start becoming an issue.

View Quote

Use the foreign volunteers to guard them? Just spitballin'.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

That could be a big tell that Poland is imminently going to peacekeep in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:57:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I wonder if Putin studied our playbook for Iraq and thought by using largely the same "reasons" to go to war, the world would be more on the Russian side, or at least not care?

He's basically doing a play by play of Iraq 2 in terms of the propaganda he's using to justify things. (I'm just saying propo, not means).
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:58:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Fuck the both of you, I want my chocolate milk!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

I'm gonna go with Fort 14TP with a threaded barrel.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/Ukraine36_jpg-2322532.JPG
View Quote

Interesting pistol.

9mm Mak no less.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Also, you assumed that I read you PM but didn't even look at it until you messaged me again.  I just don't want to be associated with you because I don't want to be sucked into your circus, especially with a trans person coming to a country where this is frowned upon and folks laugh at you (Ukrainians will be nice in your face but laugh at you behind your back).
View Quote

Yo slim, that was uncalled for. You should relax.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By M-1975:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOepX_PWYAcu11z?format=png&name=small
View Quote

Pictures of the flag?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:02:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Beltfed308:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Beltfed308:
Logistics of Russian POW's may start becoming an issue.

Seems like a good idea to me. Keep a few trusted Ukrainians there to oversee and let volunteers guard them. I doubt you'll get a lot of trouble out of them since the majority surrendered willingly.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:02:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Element94:

Yo slim, that was uncalled for. You should relax.
View Quote
Yo, you are couple pages back.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

The only one contesting is Georgia.  The line is clear to us.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
Originally Posted By atavistic:
Originally Posted By Capta:

The West can not both have “abandoned” Ukraine and also gone “all in” on military support.
I will agree that “Western” interests and Ukrainian interests do not line up 100%.  The West is using Putin’s mistake in Ukraine to break Russia’s power once and for all.  That strategy has risks (meaning the nuclear angle) but also significant rewards.  The West is supplying the treasure, Ukraine is supplying the blood.
Ukraine gets to pay the cost in blood, and probably a higher cost than necessary due to western “calibration” of their support to manage the risk of nuclear war.
That said, the strategy appears to be working.  Ukraine will not be conquered by Russia and will not be turned into another Afghanistan with only guerrilla fighting. Ukraine will bleed the Russians dry in a straight-up conventional war.
The endgame is that Ukraine gets to keep and exploit the newly discovered gas fields, gets Crimea and the Donbass back, and once and for all gets out from under the shadow of Russian domination. These are all very much in Ukraine’s national interest and should be non-negotiable.  What Ukraine should do NOW, is to drive a hard bargain with Europe and the US.  Ukraine has Putin by the balls, but they should also understand they have the West by the balls.  The West is on the verge of final victory against Russia, and all it takes is Ukraine staying the course.  If Zelensky allows Ukraine to suddenly roll over and let Putin survive, the West’s endgame goes into the shitter.  Zelensky needs to get an ironclad deal in hand for NATO membership and massive Western capital investment on the level of a new Marshall plan.  Ukraine can continue to pay the blood cost but they need to be COMPENSATED.

I don't disagree. But one of the conditions necessary for membership in nato is no contested borders. Sometimes it makes sense to bend or break the rules.

That rules out Tennessee and Georgia.

The only one contesting is Georgia.  The line is clear to us.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Squatch:

Pictures of the flag?
View All Quotes

Pictures of the flag?

I'm 99% sure he means Forward Observation Group.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:05:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ITCHY-FINGER] [#33]

See, this is the problem that I keep seeing especially from non former military. I was just talking to a young guy who was all worked up about how americans showing up should be getting assigned all the best gear and sent to the front to kill russians. This is a war zone. There are millions of refugees who need food. The entire nation has been mobilized and needs gear. Tons of volunteers are also showing up. While the place is being bombed.
If I personally was to show up it would be with everything I needed to survive in that climate while living in a building that is nothing more that a shell to keep the rain off me. And I would expect at least at first to be digging defensive positions and filling sandbags while surviving on just enough food and water without a shower or heat. That's probably reality. Digging trenches and filling sandbags is necessary. It saves lives. This shit is serious. It's not a video game. It's not an opportunity to prove who you are. Bring a fucking gas mask. If you need something more than a little rice, you better bring it. And you better be ready to get your hands dirty and help with whatever is needed. Leave you hopes and dreams at home. It might be the last time you ever see home.
Sorry for the rant. They are making me crazy.
"You need me to dig ditches? Cool. Where is a shovel? No shovels? Cool, I'll find a stick or something. Where is the busted up building where I will be trying to sleep? Let me know if you find a gun for me."
View Quote

Exactly. Unless you are 100% trained up on some of the specific weapons and tools they are using you will be doing grunt work. At best, assuming you have the language skills and act competent, you may be manning a checkpoint.

Even in the US Army, 90% of soldiering was dirty hard manual labor.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

That's right russian soldiers, they are coming for you. And they're bringing hell with them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Look closer.

https://c.tenor.com/dVOyvCeulzAAAAAM/blow-blow-head-off.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

What are we looking at?

BMP-1KSh
Look closer.

https://c.tenor.com/dVOyvCeulzAAAAAM/blow-blow-head-off.gif

That dude is conspicuously unmarked and running around with a 1911.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#36]

I agree.  Just venting (while sirens are going off) that ARFCOM is using this more for entertainment purposes.  As promised, I will not be posting in here again once I answer comments and you won't see any pictures of updates in this thread again.  Just not worth the frustration.
View Quote

Nope. Keep Posting. Your views are much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#37]

That's right russian soldiers, they are coming for you. And they're bringing hell with them.
View All Quotes

Is this like the thing where Iraqis thought Marines had to kill their own family to be a Marine or something?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#38]

Pictures of the flag?
View All Quotes

Pictures of the flag?

Forward Observations Group
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Truman_Sparks:

Nope. Keep Posting. Your views are much appreciated.
View Quote

Or maybe he can start his own thread where he can "vent" at others' expense and his fan club can follow him there instead of dragging this thing out for pages on end.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

"Jan Sobieski , call on line 1 ... "
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Why are you attacking a member that came here to help and may not align with your personal beliefs??  You have gone from "I'm leaving when the hot water runs out" to lecturing Ukrainians on what to do. Lead by example. I am on the list for the legion. PM me if you need contact info.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Why are you attacking a member that came here to help and may not align with your personal beliefs??  You have gone from "I'm leaving when the hot water runs out" to lecturing Ukrainians on what to do. Lead by example. I am on the list for the legion. PM me if you need contact info.

Glad to hear from you.  I hadn't seen a post in a while, although I may have overlooked it or skipped a page...
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:17:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cobradriver] [#42]
Originally Posted By OBird:

Honest question: are there bio-weapons in “use” that can be used WITHOUT a huge risk of creating another plague/pandemic/etc? Like viruses specifically ‘engineered’ to degrade in lethality after x number of mutations, etc?

Or are they pretty much all difficult to control / risky for everyone involved?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OBird:
More US Intel on Putin planning bio/chem attack.  Based on intercepted comms, not speculation.

Honest question: are there bio-weapons in “use” that can be used WITHOUT a huge risk of creating another plague/pandemic/etc? Like viruses specifically ‘engineered’ to degrade in lethality after x number of mutations, etc?

Or are they pretty much all difficult to control / risky for everyone involved?

I dug my copy of this book out and re-read it after it was discussed a few hundred pages ago.

Biohazard...Russian asshattery at its best

Frankly, knowing this book was written 20 years ago and with the advances that have transpired in
biotechnology since, bio weapons scare the mortal fuck out of me.
As an FYI, I firmly believe the russians continued all their programs even after non proliferation agreements.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

Is this like the thing where Iraqis thought Marines had to kill their own family to be a Marine or something?
View Quote

My cousin saw the FOG guys in Afghanistan. Bullets don't hurt them. They burst into flames when they go into battle. They are demons. They can't be killed. My cousin said so.(can somebody translate this into russian for me.)
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

Or maybe he can start his own thread where he can "vent" at others' expense and his fan club can follow him there instead of dragging this thing out for pages on end.

View Quote

The mod asked everybody to stop. They have.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By anono:
I wonder if Putin studied our playbook for Iraq and thought by using largely the same "reasons" to go to war, the world would be more on the Russian side, or at least not care?

He's basically doing a play by play of Iraq 2 in terms of the propaganda he's using to justify things. (I'm just saying propo, not means).
View Quote

The world was not on our side during Iraq war.

It's probably the single biggest mistake we made as a country since the cold war ended.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By whollyshite:

Glad to hear from you.  I hadn't seen a post in a while, although I may have overlooked it or skipped a page...
View Quote
Same.

Anyone know if Wild Bill has checked in lately?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Their left wing govt is going to collapse and I am going to laugh.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
And the left in Germany starts pushing back.

Hundreds of celebrities and politicians oppose Scholz's armament plans with an open letter
Their left wing govt is going to collapse and I am going to laugh.

yeah, that increase-in-defense-spending-budget was not going to last very long in that tree-hugger paradise.  just surprised it collapsed that quickly with the Ukraine war still ongoing.  just because they're not on the front line with a border with Russia, looking at the bear.  Maybe they figure that after Russia has spent itself with it's Ukraine invasion, they'll be toothless after that failed debacle, no need for defense armament any more, world is a happy place, kumbaya.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Same.

Anyone know if Wild Bill has checked in lately?
View Quote
@WildBill
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

yeah, that increase-in-defense-spending-budget was not going to last very long in that tree-hugger paradise.  just surprised it collapsed that quickly with the Ukraine war still ongoing.  just because they're not on the front line with a border with Russia, looking at the bear.  Maybe they figure that after Russia has spent itself with it's Ukraine invasion, they'll be toothless after that failed debacle, no need for defense armament any more, world is a happy place, kumbaya.
View Quote

I'll bet you they are saying that the current situation is proof that the russians can be stopped with sanctions and US military support without germany needing a military. They would change their tune a lot and become hostile if russia turned off the gas they need for their comfortable lifestyle.
Page / 5584
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1256 of 5584)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top