Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1252 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

What are you going to call yourself for refusing to accept "I'm rooting for Russia" coming out of his mouth and giving Gabbard,Erlich and Macgregor time to spread Russian talking points?

View Quote
If you can prove he said that, I'll call myself wrong, and apologize.

In fact, I will apologize in advance, because I can't pore over every page.
But other than a bunch of you saying he said that, I haven't heard it. Admitedly, I haven't watched him since he "lost" the laptop.

However, on the clip someone posted, he DID  clearly say who's the good guys and who's the bad guys.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:57:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#2]
Originally Posted By Tboy:

I don't attention whore and refuse to play into that game.  I don't even know who those two people you named dropped are and honestly don't care because I don't do "LOOK AT ME" social media, begging for followers.  I have refused MULTIPLE interviews because they do this for sensationalism, act like they really care, then leave when they're done, letting others pick up the pieces while they move on to the next big story.  I think you asking for ARFCOM to donate to you so you could jump on a plane to self promote yourself as part of your war/conflict tourism is poor taste and I refuse to get involved with whatever agenda you have.  I don't have the time, energy, or willingness to babysit outsiders that know nothing about this country, culture, or people.  I especially don't appreciate some random guy messaging me, asking for help ONCE they arrived, instead of trying to coordinate beforehand, like a normal person would (I missed your drama thread because I was too busy transporting refugees to Italy that week).  You might have good motives but I am suspect and know there were better ways to spend the money than for your vacation.  Maybe I'm bitter?  Possibly, but I see so many here that are using this conflict for their own entertainment and escapism instead of the few that are affected by this war.

I prefer to work behind the scenes and coordinate with many locals that are constantly getting changing requests for assistance.  There's been a thread created by a member asking what a good charity would be to contribute to.  I told him to PM me because I have various options for him to contribute to but he never did.
View Quote

You may have mentioned it before, but what are you doing in Ukraine?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
They didn't "destroy the German army" on their own. It was a combined effort with the world that they could not have done on their own with the amount of men and material they were foolishly throwing away like they are now.
View Quote

The vast majority of German ground combat power was on the East Front.  The Soviets inflicted massive losses on the German army in 1942 and for all intents and purposes defeated it in 1943.  1944 and 1945 was just the Germans executing a fighting withdrawal (and doing it pretty well) but they were a beaten force.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
Logistics of Russian POW's may start becoming an issue.

View Quote
I wouldn't put it past RU to wait until their troops are surrounded and surrendering to bomb the entire AO killing RU & UA together. No POW issues. Ideal opportunity to use chemical weapons.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

The US has some really, really nasty history, in spite of the fact that we don't want to remember it. We are improving, we are largely moving away from our nasty past. And as I understand it Ukraine with it's history of corruption etc etc etc is also moving in a better direction in spite of their history, just like us.
 And now a foreign country with a brutal dictator has invaded their country and is murdering their people. They are willing to fight for their right to exist, just like us.
View Quote
I agree.
I hope and pray that Ukraine utterly destroys Putin's military and comes out the other side a free and sovereign nation.
And just as I hope we are able to flush our corrupt leftists, I hope Ukraine can do the same.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

A couple questions:
1) There are people who travel from the UK to Poland, for the sole purpose of soliciting sex? These sexpats fled to places like Warsaw where the Brit was telling me how obvious it was
2) There are people STILL doing this when there is a war on?  This one guy fled when the new attacks happened so he just messaged me the other day, saying he was heading back for some girl and refused to say who it was since he was afraid I'd steal her
3) You can spot a British guy standing around and tell that he is one of those types? It's pretty obvious here so I meet that stereotype and explain to locals I'm not here for sex which many don't believe.  I do have many female friends though.

I'm genuinely curious, that whole situation sounds fucked up!
View Quote

As some folks joke "WELCOME TO UKRAINE"

I have a Greek lawyer based in Kiev that created his own "sex group" for the various expats he was getting paperwork for.  During peaceful times he'd constantly post videos from all the sexy dance clubs he'd constantly visit.  He's the ultimate Greek God and must have some arrangement with his average looking wife.

The expat community in UA is odd so each city has various types.  Sadly, I'm constantly running into a lot of odd Americans that just aren't right in the head.  Maybe we have something in common?!
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

These “Belarus is gonna join soon” tweets are getting tiresome. Been said since the war started.
View Quote

They probably were until they seen Russia getting their ass handed to them. Kinda like standing behind the bigger guy talking shit. Then bigger dude starts getting the shit kicked out of him and you get scared.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Capta:

The vast majority of German ground combat power was on the East Front.  The Soviets inflicted massive losses on the German army in 1942 and for all intents and purposes defeated it in 1943.  1944 and 1945 was just the Germans executing a fighting withdrawal (and doing it pretty well) but they were a beaten force.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
They didn't "destroy the German army" on their own. It was a combined effort with the world that they could not have done on their own with the amount of men and material they were foolishly throwing away like they are now.

The Eastern front was huge. I don't think the Germans could have put the same amount of forces in the West just due to the smaller area.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By eesmith:
Lviv is really cheap, it's just overcrowded. Alcohol is technically banned during martial law, but I was able to find a speakeasy fairly quickly and it shouldn't be hard for someone that's been there a while.  

Apartment prices are elevated at the moment, but hotel/hostel rates (when you can find one) seem to be running fairly close to normal. It's difficult to find a hotel room much over 100/night.
View Quote

That's relative.  I didn't realize that you had a pulse on the market or normal prices.  Profiteering has been made a crime so there will be consequences.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Not disagreeing, but it takes more than 3 weeks to transition from a bunch of milquetoasts to countries with a functioning military. The key question will be if they go back to business as usual once the Ukraine situation is resolved.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

they are not dealing with it.....in Hungary they are all acting like sending weapons and the military is gonna do something.

In Europe as a whole...everybody is looking at everybody else and guess what?

Everybody has their hands in their pockets and kicking dirt around......waiting for whoever will do something.

There isn't a civilian gun culture....the military is practically decimated all around...even in Hungary..all they do in the fucken national guards and territorial defense is talk talk talk talk talk talk.....bullshit defense ...fucken bullshit....whatever..

I asked about First aid...what about first aid...or various techniques...

Nada...there needs to be a total wipe out of the old school shit....as this is what happened...you have these post soviet fuck heads..they trained their protege and now those proteges are what is left.

many were leery of NATO and integration ...and they still THINK that......so all we have is weak sauce bullshit...

same with the fucken western EU weak sauce bullshit artsy fartsy soi boy crowds.....

they are all headless chickens.. and for a tiny 10 percent of what Putin was saying about the crap and shit of the west... he is right.

Fuck.....I had to take classes in Austria on transgenderism and the school system......

WHY?

fucken retarded.....

that is Europe in a haybasket with their fucken LEASED tanks in Germany to barely functional armies in Netherlands.....

they are not ready....none of them ready.....

Don't fucken say I am some Russian shill... I hope Russia is wiped and cleansed also....I hope every country they occupy will fight back from the Japanese in the Kuril Islands to Kaliningrad going back to Germany.......

but Putin was right about the moral decay of the west.......it is corrosive and really is full of fucken shit.

Not disagreeing, but it takes more than 3 weeks to transition from a bunch of milquetoasts to countries with a functioning military. The key question will be if they go back to business as usual once the Ukraine situation is resolved.

If this ends without European countries having to muster up a military, then you can guarantee that they won't, and they'll be solidified to not do it in the future, "because sanctions worked."
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Why would he do that when he can sit on here and bitch about how dumb Ukrainians are and how useless and pointless it is for anyone to try to help them?
View Quote

What have you done?  Seriously?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:10:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eesmith] [#13]

I don't attention whore and refuse to play into that game.  I don't even know who those two people you named dropped are and honestly don't care because I don't do "LOOK AT ME" social media, begging for followers.  I have refused MULTIPLE interviews because they do this for sensationalism, act like they really care, then leave when they're done, letting others pick up the pieces while they move on to the next big story.  I think you asking for ARFCOM to donate to you so you could jump on a plane to self promote yourself as part of your war/conflict tourism is poor taste and I refuse to get involved with whatever agenda you have.  I don't have the time, energy, or willingness to babysit outsiders that know nothing about this country, culture, or people.  I especially don't appreciate some random guy messaging me, asking for help ONCE they arrived, instead of trying to coordinate beforehand, like a normal person would (I missed your drama thread because I was too busy transporting refugees to Italy that week).  You might have good motives but I am suspect and know there were better ways to spend the money than for your vacation.  Maybe I'm bitter?  Possibly, but I see so many here that are using this conflict for their own entertainment and escapism instead of the few that are affected by this war.

I prefer to work behind the scenes and coordinate with many locals that are constantly getting changing requests for assistance.  There's been a thread created by a member asking what a good charity would be to contribute to.  I told him to PM me because I have various options for him to contribute to but he never did.
View All Quotes
Ian McCollum messaged me to ask for recommendations for places to donate he could boost on his channel, I messaged you twice because I was going to have him send his followers your way but you never responded.

I had two other people (Nancy Rommelmann and Antonio Garcia Martinez) that were willing to boost you as well.

I mean if you're complaining about poor fundraising, then turn down three different people with big followings that specifically are interested in boosting you for donations, then you no longer get to complain about not raising money, because raising money effectively means getting into the limelight.

I also didn't ask you for help, I DM'd you to OFFER help.

I went to Ukraine because at the beginning of the war my American expat friend in Yavoriv asked for help, and gave me a list of specific medical items they needed. The equipment I took over ended up being split between Father Roman at the Garrison Church for distribution to their guys, and Yavoriv. The latter ended up being put to use after the air strike there, so it already has been put to good use. We've also set up a 501 and have sourced armor from Poland and IFAKs from Slovakia.

Yes, I also facilitated several journalists getting good, tear-jerking and emotional stories out, which if you've paid attention to the information war you will understand how much that has mattered so far.

You've been offered actual material help with your objectives, yet all I've seen you do so far is sulk like a child and post pictures of you screaming like an unhinged lunatic at the journalists that came to help you get Ukraine's story out.

I never got a response to this:

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:12:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mnd] [#14]

View All Quotes
Ian McCollum messaged me to ask for recommendations for places to donate he could boost on his channel, I messaged you twice because I was going to have him send his followers your way but you never responded.

I had two other people (Nancy Rommelmann and Antonio Garcia Martinez) that were willing to boost you as well.

One of the benefits of leveraging existing affinity groups is that you can get traction faster than building one from scratch.

Someone trying to plug you into existing groups is doing YOU a favor and giving you an opportunity to prime the pump building your own group.

ETA: Everyone is permitted to have their own agenda, but all the folks who showed up at Richmond can vouch for eesmith being a resource worth paying attention to.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#15]
More US Intel on Putin planning bio/chem attack.  Based on intercepted comms, not speculation.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Logistics of Russian POW's may start becoming an issue.

View Quote

Why?

Every truck that carries munitions and rations to the front must be driven back for more. Trucks moving in the return direction tend to be underutilized.

That leaves three main items:

1) Securing the POWs in transit.
2) Establishing a holding area.
3) Providing food and aid to POWs.

Item #1 is a core function of MPs in the US military. I'm not sure if Ukraine has an equivalent.

Item #2 doesn't need to be anything crazy. Consider that MLB stadiums hold 30k+ people and NFL stadiums hold 70k+ people. I'd be surprised if we're talking about more than 10k POWs here.

Item #3 could very likely be farmed out to international aid groups like the Red Cross if Ukraine doesn't have the resources or the will to use them on POWs.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Sadly you’re right about Bandera’s OUN killing innocent Ukrainians in the Rivne region. I only found out about this from my parents a few nights ago. To to this day dunno why they targeted my ancestors because they were not Polish nor did they side with the Soviets.
View Quote

As I stated, it's a mixed bag, something that locals just don't like discussing since it is painful to acknowledge that Ukrainians killed fellow Ukrainians and were complicit in eliminating the large Jewish population in the region.  I refuse to judge but I think we should know the truth and accept evil things were done by people many people consider heroes.  That entire period was sad but I'm seeing a new generation where everyone is uniting together regardless of their ethnicity.

Every time I tell folks I'm a nationalist I tend to get mixed feedback so have to explain that I think my country should be first, not killing those that aren't my country.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOd5kD0WYAEck3G?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOd58s4X0AQ1gK5?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Nice!   That is a big intel win for the the US/NATO!
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Honestly, Belorus is probably doing the "correct" thing for their national interests now.  Keep intimating that you're crossing the border, move troops around a little, but never actually do it.  If they definitively commit one way or the other, they lose all ability to influence their future - if they attack, the sanctions are there for good, and Russia completely and permanently owns them- at that point, they might as well be annexed.  Based on what's happened in Ukraine so far, there's also a good chance of getting their military utterly crushed, which is pretty much the only support the regime has.  If they definitively back out of any military action against Ukraine, Russia might just pull a Crimea on them, and will certainly continue to conduct combat and logistics operations from Belorussian soil, and even if Russia does nothing overtly, Lukoshenko probably doesn't want to risk Russian support because he's not all that popular.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Tboy, I think everyone understands you’re under tremendous existential stress. Take a moment and reorient, as you’re going fast and hard on some well-meaning people.

Fragging participants in this discussion thread isn’t going to help your situation or educate us. There’s a good chance it could harm some future opportunities to help you and your countrymen.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#22]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOd5kD0WYAEck3G?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOd58s4X0AQ1gK5?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote
Nice find
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BigB32:

Legit question what do you do when you can’t manage that many POWs? When you may not have enough supplies for your own civilians and military? Can they ship them off to another country ?
View Quote

There are historical examples of that, but it's probably not kosher any more.  Pretty sure the west would be more than happy to provide expired HDRs for them though
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:24:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: electrojk] [#24]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#25]
More US Intel on Putin planning bio/chem attack.  Based on intercepted comms, not speculation.

View Quote

Chemical weapons, while bad, at least are useful. If they do a bio attack, they're retarded.

Of course, they're also the retards that funded Smallpox eradication basically to do bioweapons related research on smallpox and then weaponized it, which is really double retarded.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

That is a serious question that needs to be answered because it will take years to recover and there will be many foreigners moving here to get rich off the lucrative contracts.

One thing that concerns me about the Ukrainian culture is the refusal to address mental health issues.  They claimed they were "OK" during Covid when many lost everything and now I'm seeing firsthand women walking down the streets crying, people cowering in fear by the constant and daily alarms, and I'm in a "SAFE" area of the country.  I couldn't imagine what is happening to those in the war zones.  My estranged wife is BPD and this issue must be destroying her inside but I don't know her status after she fled Kiev because she got mad at me for telling her that her boyfriend shouldn't flee and refuses to tell me where she is or accept any of my assistance.  I could walk into her on the street one day for all I know.

There is going to be a need for SERIOUS mental health experts to assist with all the PTSD that Ukrainians have no concept about.  People will never be the same.  I see some of the mindset changing for the good, which is needed, but I will see many broken people ignored unless they address this crisis.  Typical head in the sand mentality.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Lets not derail the thread. PLEASE
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

The front back fell off!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Because they were also being hit by US strategic bombing, being blockaded by UK ships, invaded on their western front, etc. Plus lend-lease, etc. It wasn't the Soviets alone. Not even close.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
Little duck tape and new tires, should be g2g.

Amazing that thing landed!
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Looks more like a range target than anything that landed.  You can see the tractor tire marks under it from being towed. Maybe the John Deeres are at it with aircraft instead of tanks
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:
Rail lines cut between Ukraine and Belarus.

View Quote
Fuck yeah
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

You continue to marginalize my background as a Ukrainian who attended 8 years of a Ukrainian school, grew up with HUNDREDS of Ukrainians who were born there, speak the language, 50+ years immersed in the culture WHICH EXISTS HERE BY THE WAY,  I worked with the Ukrainian government, have family there, and I'm in contact with Ukrainians IN UKRAINE RIGHT NOW, etc. I've ignored your bullshit yet you continue to either make comments about my posts or write crap which you just posted. You have repeatedly made insulting and disparaging remarks about Ukrainians, Ukrainian history, etc. yet you keep saying you will die for Ukrainians - and you were called out by the two other Americans in Ukraine for some of this. You never answered my question regarding the ethnicity and background of the family you are staying with since it seemed they were influencing some of your views. And have you posted even one photo (that you took) in the entire thread? Why aren't there a bunch of photos posted by you?
View All Quotes

As someone who is Ukrainian, followed Ukrainian politics for decades, and worked with their government, I have to say I agree with you. Although Zelensky has shown great leadership since the invasion, he did ZERO to prepare Ukrainians for this more than obvious invasion. Zelensky opposed expanding gun rights last year and was even critical f=or the Territorial Defense accepting civilians into its ranks a week or so before the invasion. AND HE STILL HAS NOT EXPANDED GUN RIGHTS WHICH IS WHAT MOST GUN WEBSITES KEEP GETTING WRONG. A week before the invasion, Zelensky was planning parades with banners and flags instead of training civilians to repel invasion and his Minister of Defense stated that the probability of invasion was "low" days before Russia invaded.  never cared for him since he was elected. If this event changed him for the best, then great - time will tell.

So, as someone on here who has contributed thousands of words regarding Ukrainian history and politics on this thread, I agree with you on this.

Technically, you're an American with a Ukrainian parent and have never visited this country so haven't had the pleasure of talking with MANY random real Ukrainians to get a sample size that I have obtained since living here (all walks of life -sex, education level, income, age, religion, ethnicity, region, first language, etc).  I spent most of my time here talking with people before the second invasion and pressing them about the upcoming attacks with MANY saying that they were actively following foreign news/media/internet.  The leadership problem here is symptomatic of the Slavic mindset (also explains reason for acceptance of corruption which I've explained before) and 8 years of complacency while Russia was attacking them (pretending it wasn't their problem).  

I understand that you don't like that I don't agree with your narrative and your various views of Ukrainian history, especially since there are so many competing views and attitudes (particularly in the Lviv Oblast with various locals and those that have relocated here).  Just because I don't speak the languages, agree with you or share the same sentiment with what you were taught by pro ethnic Ukrainians living in Ohio, doesn't mean that I am wrong (or Russian troll which you falsely claimed in your other rants) and have no clue what I'm discussing here.  I gladly admit when I'm wrong because things are constantly changing here, especially the mindset of the once peaceful people.  Honestly, I am no expert and neither are you.  I'm just here to get vital information and post updates on what I'm hearing, seeing, and doing in Ukraine.

I get to have these very difficult conversations NOW with the locals and how some want to blame Z, the entire government, or actually admit that they should have known better and prepared for the obvious.  These are extremely difficult topics to discuss and admit to after complete denials turned into shock, confusion, fear, and then action.  I'm living this life, not reading about it.

You continue to marginalize my background as a Ukrainian who attended 8 years of a Ukrainian school, grew up with HUNDREDS of Ukrainians who were born there, speak the language, 50+ years immersed in the culture WHICH EXISTS HERE BY THE WAY,  I worked with the Ukrainian government, have family there, and I'm in contact with Ukrainians IN UKRAINE RIGHT NOW, etc. I've ignored your bullshit yet you continue to either make comments about my posts or write crap which you just posted. You have repeatedly made insulting and disparaging remarks about Ukrainians, Ukrainian history, etc. yet you keep saying you will die for Ukrainians - and you were called out by the two other Americans in Ukraine for some of this. You never answered my question regarding the ethnicity and background of the family you are staying with since it seemed they were influencing some of your views. And have you posted even one photo (that you took) in the entire thread? Why aren't there a bunch of photos posted by you?

Can we stop with the bullshit posts and stay on topic. This thread is for updates and information on the war, not who is more Ukranian.
Go start a new thread. The mods already said not to derail the thread.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Interesting...

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Ukrainian tycoon and politician's glamorous wife 'carried $29million in CASH through a refugee border crossing into the EU'

Money was spotted by Hungarian customs in baggage of Anastasia Kotvitska. Criminal probe launched into failure to declare removal of sum from Ukraine

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636721-10637997-image-a-22_1647914213773.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636767-10637997-image-a-25_1647914438107.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/03/22/01/55636719-10637997-image-m-24_1647914407373.jpg

More
View Quote
She seems very high maintenance
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Ehhh, some Ukrainian farmer could easily fix that with the other parts he's picked up.  It's make a great crop duster.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Holy shit. That landing must have been like the end of Hot Shots.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:28:59 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

What are we looking at?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JamesP81:

This is a good post and brings to light how the miseducated American populace has been brainwashed into binary, either/or thinking on things that are not mutually exclusive of one another.

It can be simultaneously true that

1) Russia is the aggressor
2) Russia's invasion is not legitimate and UKR should be allowed to live free of them
3) Putin is an evil man
4) we should arm UKR sufficiently for them to eject the Russian invaders
5) that Zelensky is not precisely a choir boy in his dealings
6) the UKR government engaged in a lot of corruption and money laundering for American politicians, which I can understand as a strategy to ingratiate themselves with needed allies, but is still wrong, especially when it impacts my life (personal economic ruin caused by the candidate they preferred)

7) there is something creepy about Zelensky's manner at times
8) UKR should not have engaged in any money laundering / corruption schemes with dirtbags like the Bidens as a way to curry favor, it does not seem to be helping them anyway (the potato didn't start providing aid until Europe shamed him into it)
9) Zelensky is doing a good job keeping morale up, and reminding the west what real masculine determination looks like
10) Appeasement of aggressive empire builders like Putin almost always ends badly
11) It is unfortunate, but I doubt any of the lessons that need to be learned from this episode will be learned by the people who need to learn them

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/1zvslystz4-7.gif

And just because #8 makes the list of things you think are plausible, does not make you a qtard or Alexi Jonesky.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:30:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stone-age] [#40]
Originally Posted By 07yzryder:

They probably were until they seen Russia getting their ass handed to them. Kinda like standing behind the bigger guy talking shit. Then bigger dude starts getting the shit kicked out of him and you get scared.
View Quote

The belarus civilian railroad workers sabotaged the tracks so that russia couldn't use the trains to move troops into ukraine. At least 1 belarus military leader (I believe there are more) have publicly told the military to refuse to follow orders that are illegal(invading a peaceful country) Belarus civilians got on the tracks to stop trains.
I believe the people of belarus are actively totally against belarus joining the war. And a lot of those civilians are relatives of the military members. I expect this would slow down belarus troop movements.
If I was a belarus soldier who didn't want to participate I would do my job very, very badly. "Sorry sir, I lost my rifle. Yes sir, I know it is the second rifle I've lost this week, my bad. Thank you for being so very understanding. Sure, I'll go start the paperwork for another one. But the guy doing the paperwork seems to be having a terrible problem with the flu. It seems like all of the admin guys have the flu."
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

What are we looking at?
View Quote

Somebody that climbed in that thing and looked for Russians who were still a threat.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

It's incredible, you can track her from space with the smoke, and the leaking.  Landsat 8 image.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxBDUGtWQAg5Yl3?format=jpg&name=large
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Originally Posted By Element94:
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Looks like a volcanic eruption.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOY8G_HXoAEvtcQ?format=jpg&name=large

God, you can even see a sheen on the water.

It's incredible, you can track her from space with the smoke, and the leaking.  Landsat 8 image.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxBDUGtWQAg5Yl3?format=jpg&name=large
Looks like photoshop smoke

Here's the ship

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

What are your criteria for being "better?"

If he is one of the best wartime politicians, then we have to define what objectives he must achieve. How does Assad stack up in terms of wartime politicians, if survival is the key criteria, he beats Zelensky in every comparison...

It's easy to compare Zelensky to Putin, but Zelensky does not have the resources or technology that Putin has, which makes direct comparisons irrelevant.

The only way to compare Zelensky to other wartime politicians is to define the expected goals and outcomes of this invasion, which puts Zelensky in a position of having to negotiate peace to protect and ensure Ukrainian ethnicity and culture survives.

Fighting to the bitter end and to death is not congruent to the continuation of Ukrainian culture and society.  Zelensky has to decide if the Ukrainian ethnicity is preserved, or destroyed by Russia.

The west has abandoned Ukraine, so for Zelensky, peace is the only prize that counts. The problem Zelensky has is the west is all in on military support in order to make Russia pay the highest price for this invasion, and Ukriane is the tool to inflict the pain.
View Quote

The West can not both have “abandoned” Ukraine and also gone “all in” on military support.
I will agree that “Western” interests and Ukrainian interests do not line up 100%.  The West is using Putin’s mistake in Ukraine to break Russia’s power once and for all.  That strategy has risks (meaning the nuclear angle) but also significant rewards.  The West is supplying the treasure, Ukraine is supplying the blood.
Ukraine gets to pay the cost in blood, and probably a higher cost than necessary due to western “calibration” of their support to manage the risk of nuclear war.
That said, the strategy appears to be working.  Ukraine will not be conquered by Russia and will not be turned into another Afghanistan with only guerrilla fighting. Ukraine will bleed the Russians dry in a straight-up conventional war.
The endgame is that Ukraine gets to keep and exploit the newly discovered gas fields, gets Crimea and the Donbass back, and once and for all gets out from under the shadow of Russian domination. These are all very much in Ukraine’s national interest and should be non-negotiable.  What Ukraine should do NOW, is to drive a hard bargain with Europe and the US.  Ukraine has Putin by the balls, but they should also understand they have the West by the balls.  The West is on the verge of final victory against Russia, and all it takes is Ukraine staying the course.  If Zelensky allows Ukraine to suddenly roll over and let Putin survive, the West’s endgame goes into the shitter.  Zelensky needs to get an ironclad deal in hand for NATO membership and massive Western capital investment on the level of a new Marshall plan.  Ukraine can continue to pay the blood cost but they need to be COMPENSATED.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#44]

A lot people need to realize that Ukraines corruption is a direct byproduct of Soviet/Russian influence. They literally had a pro-Russian puppet for a president less than 10 years ago. Just like people thought Trump would drain the swamp here yet it got pretty much nowhere, same can be said for Ukraine.
View Quote
Good point.
In fact, Russia is at the root of our problems too.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
Biden doesn't see shit but some smart guys do.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

Can we stop with the bullshit posts and stay on topic. This thread is for updates and information on the war, not who is more Ukranian.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

As someone who is Ukrainian, followed Ukrainian politics for decades, and worked with their government, I have to say I agree with you. Although Zelensky has shown great leadership since the invasion, he did ZERO to prepare Ukrainians for this more than obvious invasion. Zelensky opposed expanding gun rights last year and was even critical f=or the Territorial Defense accepting civilians into its ranks a week or so before the invasion. AND HE STILL HAS NOT EXPANDED GUN RIGHTS WHICH IS WHAT MOST GUN WEBSITES KEEP GETTING WRONG. A week before the invasion, Zelensky was planning parades with banners and flags instead of training civilians to repel invasion and his Minister of Defense stated that the probability of invasion was "low" days before Russia invaded.  never cared for him since he was elected. If this event changed him for the best, then great - time will tell.

So, as someone on here who has contributed thousands of words regarding Ukrainian history and politics on this thread, I agree with you on this.

Technically, you're an American with a Ukrainian parent and have never visited this country so haven't had the pleasure of talking with MANY random real Ukrainians to get a sample size that I have obtained since living here (all walks of life -sex, education level, income, age, religion, ethnicity, region, first language, etc).  I spent most of my time here talking with people before the second invasion and pressing them about the upcoming attacks with MANY saying that they were actively following foreign news/media/internet.  The leadership problem here is symptomatic of the Slavic mindset (also explains reason for acceptance of corruption which I've explained before) and 8 years of complacency while Russia was attacking them (pretending it wasn't their problem).  

I understand that you don't like that I don't agree with your narrative and your various views of Ukrainian history, especially since there are so many competing views and attitudes (particularly in the Lviv Oblast with various locals and those that have relocated here).  Just because I don't speak the languages, agree with you or share the same sentiment with what you were taught by pro ethnic Ukrainians living in Ohio, doesn't mean that I am wrong (or Russian troll which you falsely claimed in your other rants) and have no clue what I'm discussing here.  I gladly admit when I'm wrong because things are constantly changing here, especially the mindset of the once peaceful people.  Honestly, I am no expert and neither are you.  I'm just here to get vital information and post updates on what I'm hearing, seeing, and doing in Ukraine.

I get to have these very difficult conversations NOW with the locals and how some want to blame Z, the entire government, or actually admit that they should have known better and prepared for the obvious.  These are extremely difficult topics to discuss and admit to after complete denials turned into shock, confusion, fear, and then action.  I'm living this life, not reading about it.

I thought their discussion was a perfect example of a coalition of the willing AKA why NATO is a colostomy bag of egos and self interests.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

All this US intel - chem attacks, Belarus getting in the game, NK making nice with RU.

CIA must have reactivated their DJT wiretaps since the Left assures me they best buds. Puty clearing everything through West Palm Beach.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:36:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Azygos] [#48]

That is a serious question that needs to be answered because it will take years to recover and there will be many foreigners moving here to get rich off the lucrative contracts.

One thing that concerns me about the Ukrainian culture is the refusal to address mental health issues.  They claimed they were "OK" during Covid when many lost everything and now I'm seeing firsthand women walking down the streets crying, people cowering in fear by the constant and daily alarms, and I'm in a "SAFE" area of the country.  I couldn't imagine what is happening to those in the war zones.  My estranged wife is BPD and this issue must be destroying her inside but I don't know her status after she fled Kiev because she got mad at me for telling her that her boyfriend shouldn't flee and refuses to tell me where she is or accept any of my assistance.  I could walk into her on the street one day for all I know.

There is going to be a need for SERIOUS mental health experts to assist with all the PTSD that Ukrainians have no concept about.  People will never be the same.  I see some of the mindset changing for the good, which is needed, but I will see many broken people ignored unless they address this crisis.  Typical head in the sand mentality.
View All Quotes

That is a significant public health issue. Messaging and shifting the public awareness to PTSD is only one prong, but that is necessary to address the stigma. It may take a generation or more.

It’s going to be a societal wound, and it’s going to have ugly things inside like increased substance abuse, domestic and interpersonal violence, and suicide rates.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

What are we looking at?
View Quote

The Russians are out of fuel so they are putting masts and sails on their armor and using the wind to move.  It takes forever to move due to the zig zag you need to do tracking the wind
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

If they do I hope  Russia, Iran, and China invade them.

If they're really that stupid after all of this they need to be removed from the gene pool

Or whatever
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1252 of 5589)
Top Top