BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone know what locking piece is coming in the k model from Century? I'm getting random FTE when shooting suppressed and my buffer pad is getting the shit beat out of it. This is shooting 124gr round nose and 147's, factory or my reloads, does it randomly with both. Every ejected case mouth has a pretty good dent in it too, just seems like the gun is over gassed when suppressed. I was thinking about trying a 100* LP if that's not what's currently in the gun. It seems to run fine unsuppressed but really have only run a magazine or two without the can. It's produced some pretty gnarly fte jams suppressed, extractor spring is tight but the buffer getting beat up is causing me some concern. Any help would be appreciated.
View Quote

I think you want the 80 degree LP
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I think you want the 80 degree LP
View Quote

That's what I originally thought but if the AP5k comes with a 110 LP I figured I'd try the 100 first to keep unsuppressed shooting reliable. No one seems to really know what comes in the gun from the factory, one post on Redit says they called Century and they told him that both the AP5 & AP5K come with a 120 LP, that can't possibly be correct, right?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Hans Gruber, is that you?

Awesome pic, never knew they made such a thing. Where can I find one?

This thread just keeps giving.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yup, going to need this information.  So far this great deal on a $1k mp5k clone has caused me to buy a $425 stock, $50 forward grip, $200 tax stamp, $50 rear site, and another $1k on a can and stamp.  

This holster might be just what i need to spend double on accessories what I did on the gun.

-Mike
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yup, going to need this information.  So far this great deal on a $1k mp5k clone has caused me to buy a $425 stock, $50 forward grip, $200 tax stamp, $50 rear site, and another $1k on a can and stamp.  

This holster might be just what i need to spend double on accessories what I did on the gun.

-Mike
View Quote

https://www.mlcustomshop.com/product-page/hk-mp5-mp5k-leather-shoulder-holster
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#6]

What he said.

I live in central Texas.  It is 96 degrees today on the first day of fall.  I wear a jacket maybe 15 days a year.  This is the dumbest gun money I have ever spent.

I love it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What he said.

I live in central Texas.  It is 96 degrees today on the first day of fall.  I wear a jacket maybe 15 days a year.  This is the dumbest gun money I have ever spent.

I love it.
View Quote

On the shoulder rig. Are you cross drawing?

Wish the holster maker modeled it with the gun in it.

But this is AFCOM, guess I'll buy both a right and left-handed rig.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Im left eye dominant, but right handed.

Pistols, write, eat, fencing: right handed

Pccs, shotguns, rifles, baseball bat, golf clubs: left handed

Mine is a left handed rig.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
The gun is worn under your strong side arm.  It's not cross-drawn.

The gun holding bracket is able to pivot on the belt loop part it's mounted on, so you can quickly pivot it and fire while still in the holster if you need to, then unsnap it and draw it out to fire more normally.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I hated the original safety selector on my new AP5-P so I bought a custom one and am very happy.

Here's what it looks like.

Attachment Attached File

Now I can manipulate the safety without moving my hand from the grip.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:58:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I got my magpul parts this week and put them on.

The handguard and grip module fit really nice and match the quality of the AP5, snug but no fitting required. No play in the grip module either.

The magpul safety on the other hand is complete garbage.

I'm wrong handed so when I saw they made an ambi safety thats like $35 I was pretty excited about it since magpul usually makes good stuff.
the fit of the safety through the trigger pack is no where near as good as the factory safety, lots more movement when working the safety. literally wobbles in all directions.

Also the ambi side of it is just plastic that fits into a metal notch, why they didnt put a metal leaf insert  in to it I dont know. but as a lefty flicking the safety down feels like mush and a lot of play.

going to go back to the factory safety until I find a better option.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got my magpul parts this week and put them on.

The handguard and grip module fit really nice and match the quality of the AP5, snug but no fitting required. No play in the grip module either.

The magpul safety on the other hand is complete garbage.

I'm wrong handed so when I saw they made an ambi safety thats like $35 I was pretty excited about it since magpul usually makes good stuff.
the fit of the safety through the trigger pack is no where near as good as the factory safety, lots more movement when working the safety. literally wobbles in all directions.

Also the ambi side of it is just plastic that fits into a metal notch, why they didnt put a metal leaf insert  in to it I dont know. but as a lefty flicking the safety down feels like mush and a lot of play.

going to go back to the factory safety until I find a better option.
View Quote
Good report.
You just saved me a few bucks
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good report.
You just saved me a few bucks
View Quote

Im left handed and the magpul safety is the best upgrade I’ve made…so YMMV
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Im left handed and the magpul safety is the best upgrade I’ve made…so YMMV
View Quote

does the "lefty" side of yours feel really mushy?

the normal side of the safety has a metal leaf in it and theres no play, the other side being completely plastic feels like trash. Also considerable play in it while flicking it off.

watch it move while you flip it off safe or back on.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Sold the first one...here is the second.

Attachment Attached File

First one and this one with three different MKE mags had FTF with 147gr federal and speer.

I stuck an ETS 30rnd mag in and they fed flawlessly....so..
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#16]
My Form 1 finally got approved yesterday. Now I still have to get it engraved, get the proper stock and hand guard and wait at least 6 more months for my suppressor to get out of jail. Then I can have real fun and shoot on my own property fairly discreetly. I guess I can re-build my range while I wait.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51024/IMG_20220923_113827717_jpg-2536645.JPG
First one and this one with three different MKE mags had FTF with 147gr federal and speer.

View Quote

You're supposed to change the locking piece if running a stock, suppressor, and heavies
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You're supposed to change the locking piece if running a stock, suppressor, and heavies
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51024/IMG_20220923_113827717_jpg-2536645.JPG

Was just testing mags...will primarily be using 115/124s as they are quiet enough for me.

The surprise was the ETS mags feeding the rounds the MKE mags wouldn't.

Hopefully next week I'll get a suppressed full auto mag dump.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Does anyone know what locking piece is coming in the k model from Century? I'm getting random FTE when shooting suppressed and my buffer pad is getting the shit beat out of it. This is shooting 124gr round nose and 147's, factory or my reloads, does it randomly with both. Every ejected case mouth has a pretty good dent in it too, just seems like the gun is over gassed when suppressed. I was thinking about trying a 100* LP if that's not what's currently in the gun. It seems to run fine unsuppressed but really have only run a magazine or two without the can. It's produced some pretty gnarly fte jams suppressed, extractor spring is tight but the buffer getting beat up is causing me some concern. Any help would be appreciated.
View Quote

My K came with a 120* locking piece.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

does the "lefty" side of yours feel really mushy?

the normal side of the safety has a metal leaf in it and theres no play, the other side being completely plastic feels like trash. Also considerable play in it while flicking it off.

watch it move while you flip it off safe or back on.
View Quote

I’ve got the magpul in both my full size and K.  Been shooting them both in uspsa and steel challenge since spring when the stamps came back, several thousand rounds worth.

I haven’t had any issues engaging or disengaging the safety.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@mcantu

That may be the occasional problem that I'm having.

Where can I get more info and, or locking piece? This whole subject is new to me.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like they’re going up in price.  The 9” core with brace is up $116.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/474231/22524065-296C-45F4-B81C-D29E8C2A186C-2540773.jpg
View Quote

I'm annoyed I didn't pull the trigger sooner. I am waiting on the P core models to get back in stock and ordering one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm annoyed I didn't pull the trigger sooner. I am waiting on the P core models to get back in stock and ordering one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/474231/22524065-296C-45F4-B81C-D29E8C2A186C-2540773.jpg

Atlantic Firearms just got more of the AP5-P's back in stock this afternoon - I just ordered one...
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Atlantic Firearms just got more of the AP5-P's back in stock this afternoon - I just ordered one...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Order in.  I got one on the way and ended up ordering a pack of mags too.

When I went to check out it showed at $115 discount.  So I was at $1224 for the core with the brace.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Forgotten how controllable they are on full auto.

Thanks MKE....now I gotta shoot a bunch of 9mm now....

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Forgotten how controllable they are on full auto.

Thanks MKE....now I gotta shoot a bunch of 9mm now....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51024/IMG_20220928_160744595_jpg-2542809.JPG
View Quote

@jeremy2171

How are the plastic mags?  Any issues?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#28]
I purchased an AP5 and AP5P back when this thread started. I didn't like the right handed grip and selector, so I purchased the SEF navy lowers and ambi selectors for both. I replaced the one on my AP5 with no problems. Just today, I got around to replacing the grip on my AP5P. Everything seemed to go together smoothly. After I finished, I tried to insert an unloaded mag. I have quite a bit of difficulty getting the mag in. It seems like it is binding on something. Maybe the paddle mag release? Has anyone here had this problem?
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@jeremy2171

How are the plastic mags?  Any issues?
View Quote
It's an ETS mag...so far I've had no complaints with them in my VP 9.

Backstory... bought this mag since it was cheap.  My MKE mags weren't feeding the 147s.  One mag it always failed the last round in the mag.

Loaded the ETS mag and it's been 100% with Speer and federal 147s.

I have not loaded the mag to capacity...just 8-10 rounds demoing the gun to customers etc.

I hope to load them all and di some mag dumps to test reliability.

Tldr:. MKE mags had issues with 147s.  ETS hasn't (so far)

Link Posted: 9/28/2022 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Backstory... bought this mag since it was cheap.  My MKE mags weren't feeding the 147s.  One mag it always failed the last round in the mag.

I have not loaded the mag to capacity...just 8-10 rounds demoing the gun to customers etc.

View Quote
In my experience, the plastic mags like the ETS and AC Unity ones fit more snug in the magwell and have less wobble, so that might be what makes them more consistent with certain bullet profiles over the MKE mags.

I've had no function issues with the plastic mags I've used, I guess it's just a question of if they have the long term durability over the metal ones.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
In my experience, the plastic mags like the ETS and AC Unity ones fit more snug in the magwell and have less wobble, so that might be what makes them more consistent with certain bullet profiles over the MKE mags.

I've had no function issues with the plastic mags I've used, I guess it's just a question of if they have the long term durability over the metal ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Valid comment...yes the ETS mag is very solid in the mag well... while the MKE/HK mags have a good amount of wobble.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Is this normal quality on MKE? To me it looks like crap, my Ptr looks perfect, I just got this last week and I took it apart to clean it since I’m taking it shooting tomorrow to break it in. Should I shoot it or send it back to century before shooting it?
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Is this normal quality on MKE? To me it looks like crap, my Ptr looks perfect, I just got this last week and I took it apart to clean it since I'm taking it shooting tomorrow to break it in. Should I shoot it or send it back to century before shooting it?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222092/B6BD4762-D1F5-49F6-824C-9299EC239DB9_jpe-2543115.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222092/4DE4CC05-3224-4868-8440-96DD8F20139B_jpe-2543116.JPG
View Quote
Normal, it's brazing. Don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Why would they braze that? That doesn’t look like brazing to me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 12:48:06 AM EDT
[#35]
So I'm thinking of picking an MKE up. I was thinking Ap5-p (5.75" barrel) initially, but after talking to my FFL was leaning towards the 9" barrel as he said it tends to shoot a little smoother.

I'll be suppressing 80% of the time and main goal is just having fun with it at the range. I also have short arms.

Plenty of you guys have both barrel lengths - which should I order?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 1:37:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Just ordered AP5 Core w/brace from Atlantic.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:01:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you hit the Price Quote button, it goes down to $1224.

Mine will be here in a few hours.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:59:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Why would they braze that? That doesn’t look like brazing to me.
View Quote

Looks like copper lube that sticks to everything.

Nothing wrong with it or the work at all.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Finally got out to the range to shoot some recent acquisitions on Tuesday.

I got my stamp for my SP5, am submitting an eForm 1 for the AP5-P today. Not overly keen on how much space there is between the red dot and the bore, though it was comfortable to shoot on my SP5. I have a ScalarWorks LEAP RMR mount with a 5moa SRO on it. Probably going to swap it to my MPX and put the MRO on the SP5. The MPX is setup for USPSA PCC, so no need to worry about cowitness with irons. I have a Romeo 5 for the AP5-P, but not sure if I will keep that on it.

I ran about 200rds through the AP5-P, Winchester 9mm NATO whitebox with MKE mags only, and had 1 malfunction in each of the first 2 mags. Spent case sideways and jammed above the chamber. Ran a mag through each of my 9mm cans, the Bowers Group VERS-9 and DeadAir Wolfman 9, then another 4 mags with just mag dumps, and started having a lot of ejection malfs. I'll be honest, I didn't clean or lube it at all to start. Unlike the SP5, which gobbled up 200+ rounds of the same ammo suppressed and unsuppressed without issue.  Ordered some of the rifle ejector springs, and will clean and lube the AP5 and go shoot it again next week.

I'm probably going to go with the Choate side-folder with the AP5-P when I get my stamp. I've swapped the bolt handle and forearm out for US made parts. Keep looking for 922r ambi housings and trigger packs for it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What shipping times are y’all seeing out of Atlantic?
View Quote

My last two arrived in about 64 hours each time.

Quite fast.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quick vids...

115gr

147gr subs with ETS mag

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So I'm thinking of picking an MKE up. I was thinking Ap5-p (5.75" barrel) initially, but after talking to my FFL was leaning towards the 9" barrel as he said it tends to shoot a little smoother.

I'll be suppressing 80% of the time and main goal is just having fun with it at the range. I also have short arms.

Plenty of you guys have both barrel lengths - which should I order?
View Quote

9”.  Amazing how small and compact even the 9” mod is.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks.

Anyone else? Should I get the 5.75” or the 9” barrel?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Pleasantly surprised with it thus far.

Was expecting a yucky trigger due to all the yt review vids I've watched, but the one I received is quite nice.  A clean break, and no creep.  Lucky, or is the factory upping their game?

160rds downrange, with one failure to eject at rd# 28.  And that might have been somewhat self induced-  didn't really have it into my shoulder on that round.

Used 50/50/60 rounds of Winchester 124gr NATO, Perfecta 115gr, and Bosnian MaxxBrass 115gr, respectively.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Thanks.

View Quote

Ive posted this before somewhere in the thread.  I have both.

If you’re planning on a small pdw for a bag/car gun during mostly peaceful protests, go with the K.

If you want something that women and kids will love to shoot , will go to the range with you every time and still makes a damned good self defense backpack gun even if its a little big, go full size.

Or just buy both.  You really need both.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Pleasantly surprised with it thus far.

Was expecting a yucky trigger due to all the yt review vids I watched, but the one I got is quite nice.  A clean break, and no creep.  Lucky, or is the factory upping their game?

160rds downrange, with one failure to eject at rd# 28.  And that might have been somewhat self induced-  didn't really have it into my shoulder on that round.

Winchester 124gr NATO, Perfecta 115gr, and Bosnian brass-cased 115gr.
View Quote

Mine is really good too and way better than I expected.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Setting up my full size for a night vision run and gun event next month:

Full size AP5, A2 stock, B&T rail, aimpoint pro, MI handguard, slate black vfg, steiner cqbl on an echo arms 300 series light body mount, surefire vampire 300 head.

Just need my cans to clear in the next 3 weeks…204 days and counting….
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Thanks.

View Quote

I like the 9 better. Noticeably smoother and I just love the classic look. It stashes easily in my boat console
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Thanks.

View Quote

I prefer the 9. Smoother. Can still fit into a backpack with a folding brace/stock gtg suppressed out of the box
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 12:11:36 AM EDT
[#50]
You guys rock! Thanks.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top